[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: sl1.jpg (101 KB, 500x704)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
so, i used to be firm in the idea that i was a gay trans guy, but... you get to a point where that's just unrealistic and dumb. instead of damaging my body with synthetic hormones and surgery, i'm trying to reconcile with womanhood and try to come to terms with the fact that it was all just a guise to not acknowledge my bisexuality and masculinity.

not quite a terf, but close.

any opinions from other women (female) are appreciated.
>>
my ex is currently transitioning (FtM) and, well, it was sort of a trauma thing, i think. personally though i’ve always enjoyed/preferred femininity. did you grow up in an environment where men undeniably had more of an advantage in life? eg saudi arabia
>>
File: sl2.jpg (120 KB, 1003x1003)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
>>13126127
i did say i was detransitioning for a reason
>>
>detransition
>ftm
Color me surprised.
>>
>>13126156
T.seeth
>>
File: i3.jpg (285 KB, 820x900)
285 KB
285 KB JPG
>>13126153
no, but my family has pretty rigid views on feminity and masculinity. when i started getting depressed and wearing male clothes to any extent i was point-blank asked if i was trans or gay.

and part of it for me was a trauma thing. i personally dont think anyone with a history of trauma should be able to transition until they have that worked on and are functioning humans without transitioning. but hey, thats just me.
>>
>>13126192
I propose a compromise to the terfs.

Intensive gatekeeping for ftms (because women are too dumb to know what they want and latch onto trans identify to feel special)

Lax gatekeeping for mtfs
>>
>>13126121
its pretty hard to come to terms that being a masculine woman != (maybe) being trans and that theres a lot more to it, and i understand exactly what you went through (except that i still go by my guy name in my friend group since im more of a repressor than a detransitioner per se). did/do you ever experience any kinda dysphoria? or was it all a fever dream and now youre trying to forget the whole gayden shenanigans?
>>
>>13126194
nah, yeah. judgemental families seem to be a pretty big factor in feeling uncomfortable with your own identity. how does your family treat you now?
>>
Sup nigga, it's time to be boyish sexy and have sex with cute boys like a gay bitch and do gay sex with other bitches
>>
>>13126225
Is argue the opposite, women are allowed to be masculine whilst men aren’t allowed to be feminine
>>
File: unknown-38.png (291 KB, 650x620)
291 KB
291 KB PNG
>>13126232
anon...
>>
>>13126121
LARP
>>
>>13126225
frankly, i believe that femininity is seen as an inferior trait in society. i look androgynous and have been called a faggot for seeming like a feminine guy more than a dyke for being a masculine woman, so theres that

>>13126232
better work on that reading comprehension dude
>>
File: sl4.jpg (18 KB, 236x415)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>13126156
"men"
>>13126186
and yeah, a lot of women are pressured into transition when they're gnc. also, it's easier to transition than come to terms with trauma. >>13126192
"female privilege" lmfaooooo. i have never felt more privileged than i do presenting male.
>>13126206
or... intensive gatekeeping for any trans medical care.
>>13126218
i had/have pretty intense dysphoria. i never had any social dysphoria really, it was all physical. but i would rather go to therapy and work through that than continue pretty much poisoning myself.
>>13126223
they actually don't know i'm detransitioning yet.
>>13126243
not larping, but go off
>>13126246
it's likely in part because masculinity is seen as more favorable than femininity
>>
>>13126232
lmao

females don't have homophobia drilled into their heads since childhood
females aren't beaten up for liking male-typical hobbies or acting masculine
lesbian couples are "acceptable" to our hetero-centric society while gay couples are seen as disgusting and abnormal
men are universally shamed for not being stoic unfeeling robots and actually showing their emotions
Women are encouraged to be "strong" and are praised for it
Men are seen as disgusting faggots for being effeminate

As usual, stupid foids have the worst takes. God I hate women so much, sometimes I really wonder why in the hell I want to be one so much.
>>
>>13126246
>>13126263
Sorry lads I’m drunk and not reading right
>>13126299
Did you actually just say foids?
>>
>>13126299
>I really wonder why in the hell I want to be one so much.
mental illness. there is always a better way
>>
>>13126272
oh man then i wish you the best of luck :( most of my dysphoria is social so i found my own ways to cope with it (take meds for depression, have a fuckton of hobbies, etc), i hope you can figure yourself out in a way that wont harm you on the long run. just please consider transitioning in the future if it doesnt get any better, its better to poison yourself than to feel like roping 24/7

>>13126281
ok maybe i expressed myself poorly, but my point was: women in general are seen as pieces of shit, and then feminine men are seen as worse pieces of shit because of that. maybe im still expressing myself poorly, but whatever
t. butch woman

>>13126315
cheers dude drink some more in my memory
>>
>>13126315
I did. F*male.

>>13126331
I think I've come across the other way.
The more and more I actually interact with women the less and less dysphoric I become because I realize they are stupid as fuck and I'd rather just be a femboy on hrt and not associate with women.
>>
>>13126299
>lesbian couples are "acceptable" to our hetero-centric society while gay couples are seen as disgusting and abnormal
theyre fetishized not "acceptable", google corrective rape luv x
>>
>>13126340
More like femininity is seen as useless shit but women are given a pass for it because they can give birth
>>
>>13126371
I guarantee you that corrective rape happens a lot less to lesbians than gay men get beat up for their sexuality or being gnc.

Lesbians are infinitely more acceptable than gay men. Whenever there is a token lgbt character in media it's always a lesbian because lesbians are infinitely less offensive than homosexual men.
>>
File: mm2.jpg (51 KB, 720x865)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>13126340
thank you pal, i appreciate it.
>>13126343
>The more and more I actually interact with women the less and less dysphoric I become because I realize they are stupid as fuck and I'd rather just be a femboy
funny, the more i interact with men the less i want to be one for the same reason.
>>13126281

>feminine women are not seen as inferior to butch women
i think it's a case of "perform how you're meant to in regards to your sex" kind of thing. and my point was more about why feminity isn't accepted amongst men than it was why masculinity is more accepted in women, if that makes any sense.
>>
>>13126401
>corrective rape happens a lot less to lesbians than gay men
Factually wrong.
>>
>>13126401
>>13126423
Oh you mean it happens less than gay men WHO get beaten up for being gay. Well gay men are more likely to have orgies and spread STD so I guess it's justifiable :)
>>
>>13126417
Because homophobia towards men is ok and it's drilled into everyone's head since childhood that males can't love each other. Men who show affection to other men are seen as disgusting. Straight people instinctively feel grossed out whenever two men love each other.
Even if a lot of the reason lesbians are seen as more acceptable is due to straight men liking them it's a lot better than how much m+m couples are treated.
>>
>>13126455
People transition because of dysphoria, idiot.
>>
>>13126472
Get better at this Gincel
>>
>>13126472
I'd rather be a gay male than a tranny.
>>
>>13126343
>I realize they are stupid as fuck
it is strange to have so much misogyny coming from a feminine person
i guess it is internalized homophobia and self-loathing?
please seek professional help, seriously.
>>
>>13126121
>instead of damaging my body with synthetic hormones and surgery
How are you detransitioning if you've never even started transitioning in the first place tho
>>
File: nk1.jpg (13 KB, 236x330)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>13126466
dysphoria can mean a lot of things and be caused by a lot of things. i don't think dysphoria should be the only qualifier for transition, and i think the reasons behind someone's dysphoria should be explored before they transition.
>>
why is every detranser story the same, just because you were too retarded to realize you arent trans doesnt mean its ineffective for others and they should be gatekept harder
>>
>>13126401
>boo hoo oppression olympics gay men have it so much worse than lesbians, boo hoo i hate stupid women, waaaaa
god i wont even call bullshit on that because you seem so comfortable with the way the world is inside your head that its not worth wasting my time to collect sources on how both sides have it real fucking bad
>>
>>13126513
i think their point was that dysphoria is one part of being transgender as opposed to being the sole source
>>
>>13126272

just because youre stupid and made a dumb decision doesn’t mean that legitimate tranners should be barred from life-saving medication, you sociopathic thot.
>>
>>13126543
i literally said i wont waste my time getting proof on how *both* sides (read: gays and lesbians) have it fucking *bad*. theres no need to argue over who suffers more. we are all stupid fags and dykes and some hets wants us dead in a ditch which is something we just have to deal with
>>
>>13126546
>life-saving
how, exactly? oestrogen/testosterone don’t regulate organs that are necessary for survival.
>>
>>13126569
is treatment for suicidal people not life saving because theyre not in critical physical condition?
>>
>>13126570
i mean, i didnt mention trans people once in this whole discussion. i talked shit about that guy (maybe you? dunno) saying lesbians are more accepted than gay men (im a cis lesbian) and things escalated from there. but to answer your question which is most likely bait, no one is obligated to side with anyone, but its not fair to victimize the minority you find yourself in to the point that you claim all the other ones are just peachy keen in comparison to you.
as for the rest, not wanting to sleep with a trans person shouldnt be inherently transphobic, genital preferences shouldnt be considered transphobic either, yada yada yada
>>
>>13126600
whos ruining other peoples lives and how does that have anything to do with vulnerable people needing life saving treatment
>>
>>13126590
suicide is putting yourself in critical condition, hrt does not directly counteract that. not everything is achievable by threatening/committing suicide.
>>
File: nk2.jpg (97 KB, 668x393)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>13126500
i did, i was on t for two years. i'm done with damaging my body is more so what i meant.
>>13126513
what i meant is that there should be more qualifiers.
>>13126527
had genuine dysphoria and still do. just because someone has dysphoria doesn't mean there shouldn't be other options. transitioning wasn't "ineffective," it's just not good for your body, there haven't been enough studies on the longterm effects of hrt, and i don't want to be reliant on medical attention to achieve happiness. transitioning did help with my dysphoria, does that mean it's good for you and shouldn't be gatekept? no.
>>13126546
>lifesaving medication
"owo if i dont get hormones im going to kill myself, give me medication that will forever alter my body"
someone seems stable.
>>
>>13126186
>ftms are the most likely to detransition
Yes, give in, get big fat milky tats and make babies forever you wannabe chads. Fuck yeah, sporting a cis boner rn
>>
>>13126121
Are you the girl that detrans'd because she didn't want to get a beard?
>>
>>13126630
yes and transition and accepting environments have been shown to better quality of life among trans people, which generally means theyre not as likely to commit suicide. i agree that "hrt cures suicidal thoughts" and calling it life saving are a stretch but my point is that something doesnt need to directly cure a severe physical condition to be life saving and in the case of people struggling with mental health, treatment for that can be considered life saving as it can help to prevent them from reaching the point of suicide
>>
>>13126121
You write in a super feminine manner. I do not sense a masculine aura from you. Methinks you were not trans to begin with, in the sense that you would have been a male soul in a female body, which is actually a rare condition that happens sometimes.
>>
>>13126761
and? whos life has been ruined by calling a trans person by different pronouns, without actively harassing them otherwise?
>>
>>13126736
ok, but
>mental health
hrt will drastically affect an individual’s mental state. if the hrt non-passing image still doesn’t reflect the desired image, you still end up with someone miserable, expensive and suicidal. it may help, but there’s no guarantee— the fact that hrt can permanently damage a body is important in this context.
>>
File: j2.jpg (62 KB, 750x938)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>13126687
no, i actually used rogaine for a while to try and get one. t just didn't do much for me and i don't see the point in continuing.
>>13126765
i don't see how my typing is an indicating of whether or not i am/was trans, but go off
>>
>>13126806
Not that anon but
>getting fired
>life ruining
besides, call people whatever you want outside of work but
>i called my student a nigger and got fired? how could this happen
>>
>>13126121
>ywn be a gay guy trapped in a female body that comes to terms with his/her sex and finds a bf to live happily ever after with
why live
>>
>>13126121
I'm really sorry that you were misdiagnosed, I sincerely hope that HRT didn't do permanent damage to you.

It's definitely not the case for me however. I'm finally the person I want to be. As long as you're not going to try a demonize transitioning for the rest of us then I'm sure we can get along just fine.

Unfortunately, I'm not in the same boat. Being a feminine boy/man is not me. This is the one thing in my life I am 100% certain about.
>>
>>13126637

Considering you’ve detransitioned, I seriously doubt you even have actual dysphoria, but you’re likely too retarded to know the difference.
>>
>>13126637
I mean, I'm at the same point as when you were when you detransitioned (plus SRS) and I can't imagine medically detransitioning even if it's marginally risky (it's false to say that there have been no long term studies of HRT). So I guess we're different and as a still transitioner, it's my opinion that you don't have GID. Cuz I can't imagine not killing myself if I was forced to go back on T. Like, not even just stopping hormones but actively going back on T? Naaaah lol. So yeah, as a truscum, I'd just say you're not trans and you made a poor choice. And then trying to blame on everyone else and making it harder for actual trans people to transition because of your poor experience. You're basically an asshole who refuses to take responsibility for her own mistakes. Not a good look.
>>
>>13126299
Men only have themselves to blame for creating such a fucked up society for themselves.

>God I hate women so much, sometimes I really wonder why in the hell I want to be one so much.
Maybe you're envious that they have it so much easier.
>>
>>13127750
looking female is easier for biological females, yes
>>
Its quite apparent you weren't trans. No one wants or needs the shit that goes with transitioning if it's unnecessary. So congratulations. Now you can enjoy being the lesbian you obviously were all along. You've arrived, right??
>>
>>13127813
in circumstances that are tailored for females, sure
>>
>>13126121
> i'm trying to reconcile with womanhood and try to come to terms with the fact that it was all just a guise to not acknowledge my bisexuality and masculinity.

I tried this when I was younger. Particularly reverting back to when I was a kid, but I realized that the only reason I felt happy as a kid was because I was often mistaken for a boy and gender didn’t even matter. But that’s just me lol. I don’t have a problem with detransitioners as long as they don’t start going crazy on the trans community
>>
>>13126637
You either weren't trans and confused dysmorphia for dysphoria (most likely) or we'll see you in 15 years ayyden. Lucky for you, Jenner-esque gigahons don't exist for FtMs.

I know that's a mean take, but I've already been down this road I know where it goes if you're the real deal.
>>
>>13126272
>dysphoria
Bitch if you had actual dypshoria this aint ever gonna work no need to drag ftms through the dirt. just because you had certain ideas of how womens bodies should look. But y'know if i tell you that im just beign a brainwashed ftm from the trans cult, you don't actually know whats its like but you like to think you do. And this is from someone who read gc posts to try to find an alternative method
>>
File: 1431983603275.png (35 KB, 272x300)
35 KB
35 KB PNG
>>13127856
[Citation needed]
>>
>>13127856
Body dysmorphia is different from gender dysphoria. Treating them like they’re synonymous is dangerous
>>
>>13127954
I don’t think either are entirely biological issues first of all.
>>
>>13127988
Discontent with your body. I don’t think we are born hating certain aspects of our body, unless one has a history of depression and mental illness I can only conceive of body dysmorphia arising from that.
>>
File: 1444948838510.jpg (237 KB, 500x500)
237 KB
237 KB JPG
>My opinion is more correct and better than the collective wisdom of medical professionals the world over

The narcissism of people on the internet never ceases to amaze me lmao
>>
>>13127879
Spending two years on T doesn't drive you to become a TERF is a good indicator
>>
>>13128035
Psychologists are not medical professionals. Their practice is inherently irrational nonsense based on fantasies where you are to believe that they are the fantasies of people smarter and wiser than you.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.