[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: äöläö.png (82 KB, 526x402)
82 KB
82 KB PNG
are puberty blockers dangerous?
>>
Then make better puberty blockers
>>
Virgin late trabsitioner vs. estrogenized amorphous blob
>>
File: 1508199132155.png (62 KB, 645x729)
62 KB
62 KB PNG
>taking anti-androgens with no dominant hormone
Just makes a better case for getting them on the pill as early as possible.
>>
>adolescent girls
>md in his profile
>full name too
>nonsensical statistics
Yawn, why even bother replying to another twitter threda, also fuck amab trannies.
>>
Why is it possible to be 9 with no sex hormone but you need it at 16? What changes?
>>
>>12879649
I'm not good at science type shit, however, were these girls in this study on blockers for transition or for precocious puberty? By after three years of puberty blockers, did he mean three years after ceasing blockers or three years of being on blockers with no recovery time? As soon as cross sex steroids are either no longer repressed or are introduced into the body, shouldn't bone loss reverse?
>>
>>12879697
you grow
>>
>>12879649
Anecdotal evidence, I know, but I was on puberty blockers for a few years, and I recently had a pretty nasty fall. I sprained by wrist and ankle badly enough for there to be highly visible bruising. No broken bones. Perhaps bone density isn't the same as bone strength, and I'm talking out of my ass, but there's my two cents.
>>
>>12879699
Who cares, when you can scare people into believing your truth.
>>
>>12879768
Do you mean me or the MD who sent out an unclear tweet?
>>
>>12879746
>Perhaps bone density isn't the same as bone strength, and I'm talking out of my ass, but there's my two cents.
No. You just needed pushed harder.
>>
>>12879810
>>
>>12879649
people will use this as an argument against kids being allowed to be trans rather than that they should be allowed to take hormones before being a fucking adult
>>
We only use blockers because doctors have no spine to use hrt from the start.
>>
He’s kinda hot 2bh
>>
>>12879649
no, they just don't work. look at that tranny from that Euphoria thing, still has man shoulders and started at like 11/12
>>
File: 1560905276378.jpg (95 KB, 1280x720)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>>12880711
>man shoulders

try harder poltard
>>
File: okretard.png (574 KB, 522x477)
574 KB
574 KB PNG
>>12880746
>try harder poltard
fine
>>
>>12879649
Add a small dose of estrogen, duh. Even small doses of estrogens are enough to maintain bone density, estrogens are more effective at maintaining bone density than androgens are. It's the fault of the political crowd screaming about the slightest irreversible changes that they only use puberty blockers.
>>
>>12880746
which one is the tranny? serious question
>>
File: 1562642216407.jpg (499 KB, 3210x3050)
499 KB
499 KB JPG
>>12880761
>man shoulders

not sure why i bother talking to a overweight neckbeard troll
>>
>>12880765
I would guess the one in the middle if I had to bet but idk from the picture.
>tfw it's all of them
>>
>>12879666
That's not how it works, satan.
>>
>>12880768
>"everyone i hate is fat ugly and mean"
cry more, look at the fucking picture you posted
>>
>>12879649
im on bicalutamide and it only blocks testosterone so i probs have enough estrogen in my body for my bones to be safe
>>
File: absoluteretard.jpg (1.04 MB, 3210x3050)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB JPG
>>12880768
>>
>>12880794
Based redliner autist
>>
>>12880794
>Having shoulders? Any shoulders = THATS MAN SHOULDERS!
>>
>>12880765
far left
>>
>>12880835
passes 100% then
>>
Like any of you trannies give a shit , especially about the well being of girls
>>
anecdotal I know but I was on lupron/puberty blockers from age 15 to 17 and now have bone issues. My bone density is several standard deviations lower than the mean and I have to take calcium supplements and get it scanned every 6 months. It's worse for me since the time in which I took them was primary bone development age so I don't think it's as big of a deal if you are like 11 but still. This isn't to say I regret it, as honestly I would have probably killed myself otherwise and not growing to the height I would have otherwise(5'10 now, brother/father are 6'3), not having facial hair, etc is worse imo. Like after my hair grew out I passed just on blockers. my voice is still shit and I still experienced most of male puberty but it helped a lot. I might get osteoperosis when I'm 40 though lol. Hopefully my increased E dose will help with bone development
>>
>>12879649
>Mess with kids
>Muslims and Central American Catholics take over the Democratic Party
>Die
>>
>>12880711
It didn't start at 11 tho
>>
>>12879649
That's completely irrelevant.
They have lower bone density because estrogen hasn't made them dense yet.

The only measurement that matters is adult bone density, after both groups have had estrogen in their system for say half a decade.
>>
>>12879649
Sexual dysphoria clears on it's own in more than half of diagnosed cases, when puberty blockers are introduced that number drops almost to 0, for the sake of political correctness we are sacrificing children to live as the wrong gender until their deaths. Blockers she never be used until we better understand the condition and can diagnose it accurately.
>>
>>12880778
why not?
>>
>>12881434
>Blockers should never be used until we better understand the condition and can diagnose it accurately.
Where does this weird idea that kids just go to supermarket and pick up blockers come from? the entire point of gender therapy is to suss out a diagnosis and proper treatment for it which isn't always transition but sometimes is
>>
>>12881434
>Sexual dysphoria clears on it's own in more than half of diagnosed cases
Citation needed, and not one behind a fucking paywall. Not one that studies 'effeminate children'. Not one that studies 'gender nonconforming children', and not one that studies 'referrals'. One that studies actual, diagnosed children.

Cough it up.
>>
>>12881434
>Sexual dysphoria clears on it's own in more than half of diagnosed cases
No it does not.
Gender non-conforming behavior "cures" in like 80% of the cases, in pre-puberty kids, or they turn out gay/bi. This means things like crossdressing, or liking things that are typical of the opposite sex.
>>
no
but not giving them to any kid who's questioning is
they DON'T CASTRATE YOU
it's a meme, same as if you cut off your balls your voice pitch rises, it's bullshit
and even if it does reduce bone density, it's unlikely that you stumble upon something that breaks your bone and wouldn't have broken it before blockers because the bone density changes are not like 70% they're more like 10%.
stop gatekeeping, start living!
>>
>>12881436
Because the inherent problem with blockers is that they prevent the action from the sex defining hormone from taking place, in females that means brittle bones, in males it means everything from lower muscle mass to stumped brain development. You can't change an inherent flaw.
>>
>>12882075
puberty blockers stop the gonads from producing sex hormones. It doesn't bind already circulating sex hormones from being effective. You can take exogenous hormones while on Lupron and grow breasts and so on. That's what I did.
>>
>>12882075
Why does it cause just brittle bones in females but everything from lessened muscle mass to lesser brain development in males? Can you provide a source supporting and explaining this?
>>
>>12882075
It doesn't, you'll need to provide a source for your claim.
>>
>>12879649
They should give hormones when they start puberty. Girls at age 9 and boys at age 11. They know their gender already.
>>
>>12880480
>Early use of hormones are a problem because children are irresponsible
>Puberty blockers are a problem because they endanger the health
>That means early use of hormones is now fine
Of course people wouldn't think like that. You're the one who's dishonest and want kids to conform to your desire regardless of the risks.
>>
>>12880768
Yeah, did you look at the picture you posted? The left is wide since the shoulders are relaxed
>>
>>12882238
>It doesn't bind already circulating sex hormones from being effective
Look up the life cycle of the sex hormones, pro tip, it ain't long. And Blockers are only an issue on kids during the development age, which is what is controversial. Now begone Satan.
>>12882243
>Why does it cause just brittle bones in females but everything from lessened muscle mass to lesser brain development in males?
I KNOW for a fact that once a female hits her menopause one of the biggest concerns is with the calcium retention on the bones. It can make them very brittle which can be very dangerous. Test is involved with a lot of things on the male brain such as the learning/reward system, competitiveness (which is related to drive), logic and even social skills. Muscle should be obvious. And honestly no, you can look this up if you are curious, you'll definitely some studies, I should have went to sleep hours ago.
>>12882244
>https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/healthy-body/menopause-and-your-bone-health/
>https://www.psychologytoday.com/intl/blog/attraction-evolved/201707/does-testosterone-really-just-make-men-aggressive
>https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/strange-but-true-testosterone-alone-doesnt-cause-violence/
>https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5128352/
>>
>>12882411
>Look up the life cycle of the sex hormones, pro tip, it ain't long. And Blockers are only an issue on kids during the development age, which is what is controversial. Now begone Satan.
Great job not refuting any of what I wrote.
>I should have went to sleep hours ago.
Sweet dreams, tard.
>>
>>12879715
lol
>>
>>12882457
>Great job not refuting any of what I wrote
You didn't wrote anything worthwhile to be refuted, satan.
>>
>>12879715
haha
>>
>>12882495
>You didn't wrote anything
I think you meant "write"
If I didn't write anything worthwhile, why did you bother responding?
>>
>>12882515
Because for some reason I thought the mentally ill shithole of the shithole of the internet would actually provide a decent reply after I went out of my way to find a few studies that were asked. Instead I find a faggot making semantic arguments.
>>
>>12882532
>expects decent replies but can't make or understand them
>>
>>12882547
If giving an explanation why sex hormones are important for the proper development of the body and providing scientific studies isn't a "decent reply" for you, I don't care what your opinion is anymore and I won't entertain your shitposting, ironic or not.
>>
>>12882411
I asked you to provide proof that lupron causes permanent bone density problems for children.
I did not ask about menopause, or if testosterone is caused to aggression and violence.
>>
>>12882565
Not the person you are respond to but I went on lupron and it did for me. I started at 15 though and went on it until 17. That is more crucial bone development time than 12-15yo though so it prolly isn’t normally as bad
>>
>>12882557
The only claim I ever made was that puberty blockers only prevent the gonads from producing sex hormones. That means sex hormones introduced into the body through other means are still effective. The consequence is that your claim about blockers preventing the actions of sex hormones from taking place is incorrect. I never stated that sex hormones aren't important, and I never asked for those studies.
>>
>>12882316
It's the parents responsibility, as well as probably the medical community. I don't know what moral larping you're talking about, letting kids take hrt a few years earlier, after gatekeeping that is honestly probably excessive, is entirely consistent with my worldview. Here in the UK, I knew a friend who was over 17 when he got off blockers and onto HRT, despite knowing he was trans for much longer.
>>
>>12882579
Your puberty has started since long at at 15, and your skeleton has started fusing.
Taking puberty blockers pre-puberty means you'll still be getting bone fusing and thickening.
>>
>>12881456
You just know they're using that one study they all love to misquote that didn't just cover actually dysphoric kids, like >>12881495 said.

It's always feels over with their type, even as they virtue signal about fighting for "muh truf".

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.