[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1561649882435.jpg (102 KB, 850x531)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
Is anyone really attracted to weakness? Or are you just attracted to empathy, kindness and a childlike innocence that needs protection?

If you are attracted to strength, how would that strength be exhibited? Of course! Your lover would be strong enough to persevere, to work hard and budget finances for his loved ones, and maybe he would pick up a shotgun with his thin arms and shake as he confronts a burglar. He's brave enough. But in personal daily life, he's quiet and unopinionated. >I ask again; how do you want strength projected?

I have a life long bias towards "normal" people. As a youth, I lived a violent and eventful life that made me strong, smart, and kind. I resented all the good, innocent, and sheltered people, who led such boring lives that they lacked strength and perspective, and often went out looking for meaningless social justice fights.

I admire a kind man! A man who is empathetic and sweet. >However, I do not like a weak man, who couldn't be evil if he wanted to. But, really, how strong do I need a man to be in this day and age, especially when masculinity is being eroded by corruption? Is this just an obsolete evolutionary taste?
>>
>>12878962
>tortures and kills small animals for fun
>kind
>>
>>12878962
i'm in my early 20s but want someone (man or woman doesn't matter) to like me and maybe be a mentor to me. i've always relied on my parents for everything and still do, so it's hard to think about when/how i'll be able to become independent (get job/move out/transition/etc).
>>
On the other hand, if two people are completely self-sufficient, why join together? Oh yeah, the strategic partnership facing life and death. But.... emotions... I don't know. I'm confused.
>>
>>12878962
I would say I am personally attracted to weakness. I enjoy helping people and it tends to make me feel better about my self esteem and worth when I do. It feels good to make people happy and it also makes me feel good about myself when I do. I also understand that this isn't a healthy mindset and I'm working on it.
>>
>>12879406
Even if two people are able to take care of themselves that doesn't mean that they can't enjoy the companionship of others. Emotional connections can make someones life a lot for satisfying in general.
>>
>>12878962
I've a very ingrained "protector" instinct. Had the potential to be ruthless and the brawn to back it up, but, I was raised to mind my strength. Women/girls in distress always tugged at that instinct but oddly enough smaller/weaker guys put it into overdrive. Back then it was very different to me, seeing a boy being broken so easily and brought to tears or struggling with menial tasks because their bodies were feeble. Things I would just brush off or could do in a snap, they couldn't handle. Over time it became a trait I was attracted to and I developed more of a fatherly protector aspect to my personality. I became very doting of my partners and often absent mindedly exhibited my physical strength or laid bare an example of my mental fortitude in something seemingly innocuous that I said or how I generally carry myself in high stress situations. I suppose I do prefer more frail counter part because of my desire to protect them but that's isn't to say I'd reject an equally capable companion.
>>
>>12879971
This guy's just a thing of beauty.
>>
>>12882097
Until you find out he's a fascist and a bigot
>>
>>12878962
i admire strong men, but strength isnt always physical. good moral backbone is strength, standing up for your friends and family. showing me your strength could mean pinning my wrists down and leaving me helpless, but it could also be working overtime to provide for your family. you just need a spine of some kind.
>>
>>12884209
All the good men are, sweaty.
>>
>>12884269
lmao neofascism is for yuppies and hipsters in private school bowties and step-daddy's maga hat

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.