[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Let's have a discussion on what makes a person, one over the other to better clear the lines between both groups. I recently came across a question in which I couldn't clearly state what made them so different in a precise way.
>>
>>12877590
lets not
>>
>>12877590
There are not enough opossums in the world to reply to this image.
>>
>>12877590
transgenders are non-conformists. since when where creepy child-like graphs supposed to be valuable sources of information?
>>
>>12877590
Using myself as an example, I'd say I'm both?
I mostly conform to feminine gender stereotypes (I was born a boy), but in my dark teenage days I picked up some boyish hobbies like mathematics, programming and games, and nowadays I also secretly like singing male+female duets on my own.
I still mostly conform to stereotypes like a transgender person would (I have long hair, wear feminine clothes, don't have facial hair, and usually talk with a female-sounding voice), but I still have some boyish hobbies/interests and singing with both a male and female voice completely goes against gender norms, meaning I'm also gender non-conforming to some extent.

Identity also comes to mind when differentiating between transgender and gender non-conforming, as a gender non-conforming person would be more likely to refer to themselves as their birth sex.
Personally, I'm still figuring my identity out. For the past four years I've been referring to myself as a woman and using a female name, but sometimes I wonder if that's just a lie that I tell people because I'm scared that they'll think I'm disgusting if I don't conform to gender stereotypes? I'm not really sure.

Even if people accepted me as a man that looks like a woman, I'd still want to take HRT, though; otherwise, I wouldn't be able to look like a woman.
>>
>>12877590
straight guy here (into girls, transgirls and traps), i don't know what half of that means, either because i thought at least 4 there were synonyms or because i've never heard it

someone post the Unown image
>>
File: unknown-30.png (498 KB, 685x585)
498 KB
498 KB PNG
>>12877604

>>12877650
What's wrong with the image exactly
>>
>>12877590
fuck I hate this board so much
>>
File: IMG_20190711_142436.jpg (64 KB, 406x527)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>12877590

i, was born a girl.
i hated dresses, i hated frills, i hated barbies - unless it was making my barbie and jem dolls have sex - i played in mud, "adventures", urbex /urban exploring, really cool stuff like that.
i had a psychiatrist ask me ;
"would you like to be a boy?"
i looked at her, could understand, at 14,had an undercut, baggy combats, a hoodie, often got mistaken for was i "a bird or a bloke", but i liked being a woman, like having periods, apart from the evil cramps and now i love plaiting ribbons through my dreads and wearing dresses. but if i feel like it, next day, I'll wear scruffy "boyd" clothes.

clothes are clothes, there's no need to be making such a fuss over them .
> #dressesforthepeople!

any way, that is my personal feel on it.
>>
>>12877590
Non-conforming means
>I don't conform to my assigned gender and still want to be associated with it
Non-binary means
>I don't want to be associated with my assigned gender

It's really easy
>>
>>12877590
Speaking for myself only I am 100% non-conforming. Bi male androgynous/trap/femboy who likes to dress crossdress but I wear male clothing too, I tend to flip back and forth depending on mood, but I still identify and feel male, I am male, I don't want a vagina or breasts. When I have to or want to wear male clothing I still like to appear rather androgynous. I can probably understand if there is some overlap but personally there is no overlap. I do not have dysphoria or have desire to take hormones. It does get annoying when people try to suggest hormones or transiting to me when I am not trans simply put. I just ride the in-between or go full femboy depending on mood. Heck sometimes I go even somewhat masculine grow a mustache or something. I am me, this is who I am and enjoy it. I just really don't conform.
>>
File: judgement.jpg (32 KB, 365x205)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>12877604
the trigger word hasn't been used yet. Though I agree this is a thread to watch closely.
>>
File: cringe2.gif (1.33 MB, 500x500)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB GIF
>>12877590
>polygender
>pangender
>gender expansive
>gender creative
>gender diverse
mfw sjw snowflake bullshit
>>
It's all bullshit. Only in this society we can have autistic obsessions like this.
>>
trans = different gender to one assigned at birth
non conforming = cis (not trans)

isnt it obvious
>>
>>12878986
Who cares?

If you want to see something obvious go to a nudist colony.
>>
>>12878038
Hi OP here,
How do you separate not wanting to be associated with you assigned gender but want to conform to it? Like an enby that is gender non-conforming can't exist with this viewpoint since they would be conforming to nothing or they would be conforming to smt they don't assign themselves with, which seems incorrect.
>>
>>12879140
yes theres no such thing as a non conforming enby as far as i know no one identifies that way
>>
>>12878716
>trigger word has not yet been said
Lurking too, armed with hundreds but headed to bed.
Also, show me where I may purchase this sah-gay plant you speak of, I would like to plant some.
>>
File: Iris.jpg (13 KB, 270x270)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>12879149
ah ok I think I understand the difference based on all the replies now, although I don't get the possum comments I keep seeing <.< i don't see gnc topics discussed often.
>>
>>12879140
You wear a dress with pants, and you shave off your head. Easy.
>>
FUCK OFF YOU STUPID ENBIES
>>
File: IMG_5586.jpg (243 KB, 1242x1670)
243 KB
243 KB JPG
>>12877742
>"I picked up some boyish hobbies like mathematics, programming and games"
>"Liking math and computers makes me trans"
The absolute state of men in dresses. At least make an effort to present it as an issue and not just mental illness
>>
>>12877590
nonbinary isn't real, now fuck off
>>
>>12879372
What, no, I just meant it's not stereotypical for a woman to like those things... I don't get how you interpreted what I said?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.