[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1518155206844.png (246 KB, 981x315)
246 KB
246 KB PNG
A lot of people will respond to this, but we all know they are lying.. but to those few who actually pass, which I would put at 5% of all guys at most, what's it like?
>>
>>12479639
Cis here, it feels like existing but not painful
>>
>>12479639
It’s not really like anything, people just treat you like a girl and that’s about it. It’s not some magical cathartic moment that changes your life, people still treat you like a regular human being
>>
>>12479672
actually I can see going from unpassing to passing one day as being pretty magical, considering people start treating you the way you see yourself for the first time ever. but I wouldn't really know
>>
>>12479639
it's fine, but the paranoia about not passing still happens sometimes even when you pass. you worry everyone is just entertaining you even with evidence to the contrary. basically, passing is mostly uneventful, but you feel extra retarded when you question yourself.
>>
File: 1545540229789.jpg (36 KB, 469x671)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>12479756
its pretty magical haven't been sir'd or he'd since 3 months into transition. People just treat you normal. On a rare occasion it seems like someone clocks me but they never say anything so I may just be seeing things.

its like a big weight got lifted from my daily life. and I dont feel afraid to express myself in a feminine way anymore.
>>
File: 1477285174753.png (155 KB, 500x500)
155 KB
155 KB PNG
even when people tell me i pass, and i gendered correctly fine, im always paranoid that im not passing, and that people are just being nice. its hard... i cant speak for everyone i guess but i know a lot, even nicer looking transgirls are always a little afraid they dont look convincing enough
>>
File: D4qvvbBU8AAsecR.jpg (191 KB, 1466x1866)
191 KB
191 KB JPG
>>12479644
fpbp 13/13
>>
>>12479639
>which I would put at 5% of all guys at most
Are you asking for passing ftm?
>>
>>12479639
It's nice to be treated as who you are, but there's still ALWAYS that paranoia in the back of my mind that someone will find out. I've actually outted myself accidentally before realizing I passed because I just assumed everyone could tell

Oh, and it's a lot more maintenance than one might expect
>>
It feels like I'm a walking lie. It feels like wearing a mask. It feels dissociative.
>>
>>12480148
i hope op was, because i already posted my thoughts in the thread. more than 5% of ftms pass, though.
>>
Your focus is wrong. It's not about pass/ not pass. It's about being attractive and true to yourself.

I get attention and people buy me things. It's great. I can make guys kiss, I can look at a woman on the dance floor and make her embarrassed for finding me hot, just from a look... its a powerful feeling. Networking and making friends is really easy. I put people at ease and come off as nonthreatening. I have self worth and confidence. Its improved my life greatly.
>>
>>12480170
hot
>>
>>12480280
Ya idk who they're asking lol

I'm just gonna assume yes cuz I also already posted
>>
>>12479803
I feel this way too, I get paranoid about whether or not people are just being polite or if they genuinely see me as a guy (I'm ftm)
>>
>>12479803
me at store this morning buying coffee, I was looking forward then moved my eyes to the right to notice this middle aged employee looking at me as she walked by. Every time this happens I can only assume it's because they clocked me or are trying to figure me out and it kills me. I just want to be invisible and I have no idea if I pass or not.
>>
I really want to post my face in /passgen/ threads but fear I might get recognized
>>
File: large_1.png (337 KB, 500x459)
337 KB
337 KB PNG
>>12479639
There's a constant fear of someone finding out or noticing. I don't know if it'll ever go away.

I'm hyper aware of every stranger I pass during the day, trying to read their expressions and body language to see if they've noticed. Guys are the scariest because they're more likely to stare, and I can never be 100% sure of why.
>>
>>12482888
anyone who recognizes you is likely to be an ally, and the chances that anyone actually recognizes you is extremely low, absurdly so.
>>
File: oof oofie.png (2 KB, 54x55)
2 KB
2 KB PNG
>>12483078
I just don't want anyone to know I'm on 4chan and my Tumblr follower count increases the likelihood
>>
File: IMG_20190511_230610.jpg (151 KB, 1242x1235)
151 KB
151 KB JPG
Cozy

I'm not afraid or anxious around other people anymore. I get to just exist as myself with confidence and security.
>>
Same as non passing people i guess, im an anxious shut in.
>>
>>12479639
being a passing trans person and being on /lgbt/ is pretty much an oxymoron
>>
>>12479639
>what's it like?
Scary as hell at first because you are just waiting to be clocked.Then it just hits normalcy, people are nicer, more talkative to me. Then you get those random ass cat-calls from the ugliest dudes on earth. Like seriously why do ugly guys have so much confidence. It's also weird feeling to be asked out, or getting hit on because you might like the guy but you know it'd never work because you're trans. People also care way too much about your appearance and judge you for it. Being talked down to or talked over is annoying as hell too. You really start to appreciate the nice guys that treat you like an equal instead of:
>ha-ha, stupid girl, men are talking, we smart, you dumb
>>
>>12479639
>guys
>>
means nothing because I'm ugly
>>
>>12491591
Mtf not allowed
>>
>>12479639
I havent gotten over it yet, but I’m only a few months into passing. Good, relaxing, freeing, like I fit in, like I can live my life, but also it isnt as massive as it seemed.
>>
>>12480170
This is why I’m glad I can be openly trans
>>
>>12480292
imagine being this deluded
>>
>>12491591
“guys” is regularly used when speaking to a larger group consisting of both genders.
>>
>>12493025
Then it would be "5% of you guys" not "5% of guys"
>>
>>12479639
> but to those few who actually pass
nobody passes. if you know what to look for you'll clock everyone. EVERY SINGLE GOD DAMN ONE. pictures can lie so don't believe the retards that post them. none of them pass. people are just nice if you aren't a shitty person.
>>
>>12479803
im like this all the time /: i pass fine but... my brain just doesnt make that connection.
>>
>>12494200
It's funny how in denial you are
>>
>things i will never experience the thread
kind of suifuel
>>
>>12495025

actually.. he is correct. There are very few guys who pass.
>>
>>12498034
Yeah but we are talking about trans women not guys.
>>
>>12479639
>>
>>12498050

See the post below yours. Most trans women are in that category. Drag queens pass as much if not more than trans wamen.
>>
>>12498034
That's not what he said lol

>nobody passes
>EVERY SINGLE GOD DAMN ONE
Pretty clear he meant all
>>
>>12498050
They keep saying guys so I'm assuming they're talking about ftm
>>
>>12498404

So few actually pass that you could basically say none of them do. No need to mince words.
>>
>>12498443
Its not mincing words

Every. Single. God damn. One.

That's not a vague "oh I meant most", that's extremely specific.
>>
>>12498079
The funny thing is, you're The Jew.
>>
>>12498768

Does the number going from 99% to 100% really change anything, though? In other words, it's 95% true that no one passes. It's very cringeworthy how much people here lie about that fact, too. I won't continue this debate.. your viewpoint not change. You are just mincing words to defend unpassing trannies.
>>
>>12498944
Its 0% true that no one passed

Its 100% true that 95% don't pass (allegedly- by you)

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.