[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

>STOP SHOVING IT DOWN OUR THROAT REEE

>Anyways wouldn't it be cool to organise a trip to the local mosque to learn about other cultures and acceptance
>>
I think we should start treating muslims the way they would like to treat us:

by slitting their throats until they all crawl back to the third-world desert shitholes they came from.
>>
Gays are lower on the social justice totem pole
>>
Link to the article?
The last time was because it was only for one term.
>>
>>12024996
Birmingham primary school suspends LGBT lessons indefinitely

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2019/mar/14/birmingham-primary-school-suspends-lgbt-lessons-indefinitely-parkfield-protest-parents?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard
>>
>>12025048
I'm sorry I doubted you, I thought it was made up.
That's really shitty behaviour of the parents, learning about different groups isn't going to hurt anyone and could even help some of these kids.
I hope these parents don't ever complain about racism as the whole program was about tolerance.
>>
File: 1500792032057.png (365 KB, 639x479)
365 KB
365 KB PNG
>>12024780
Wow, it's almost as if allowing Muslims to become numerous in an area will turn it into the same oppressive shitholes that these people crawled out of in the first place.
>>
>>12024780
>uk
Leave it to TERFs wanting to ban trannies out of existence, while inviting Muslim "refugees" into their neighborhoods by the boatloads and masses. I hope the TERFs will inevitably get what they deserve, when the Muslims they defended take away their rights and force them into burqas and submission to Muslim men.
>>
>>12025259
TERFs hate Islam though, I think you’re confused.
>>
>>12024938
Based
Fuck Muslims, fuck Christians, fuck Jews
>>
>>12025848
Protestants are basically pro tranny though
>>
>>12025294
Hell yah, haven't you seen all the articles in the Daily Mail about how shitty Islam is and how it must be destroyed at all costs? You can't hardly find a single word about transwomen in there compared to the deluge of anti-muslim content.
>>
>>12024780
Both are wrong practices.
Kids are too young to be taught LGBT culture, that's a matter that should be discussed on later years, during adolescence.
Nor I approve the ever expanding influence of islam in western cultures, because both western cultures and muslim cultures clash and conflict with eachother, causing only strife problems.
>>
>>12026757
>Kids are too young to be taught LGBT culture
Why? They learn about cishet culture. Married same sex couples are out and about in public and some will be parents of their classmates. Plenty of trans people out there too, and there's a good chance they'll have a trans classmate.
No reason a preschooler can't know we exist.
As for sexuality, the same rules as teaching about het sexuality apply.
Just treat LGBT no differently than cishet. If you don't agree with this, then you're saying there's something shameful about being LGBT that has to be hidden away from kids. We might as well stay inside out of the public eye all day lest we contaminate the minds of some poor children.
>>
File: islamirankillinggays.jpg (16 KB, 400x297)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>12024780
Politicians have found a new pet. In with new, out with the old.
>>
>>12026917
>Why?
You shouldn't be teaching LGBT culture, even less sex itself to young children that still didn't developed their own sexuality, and that they are too young to be aware of it, that don't fully understand it. Once when they mature and start developing a sexual nature, it would be the correct time to teach them sexes and the different choices that people follow in our society.
>They learn about cishet culture
I don't know what 'cishet culture' means, so I will refrain to answer.
>Married same sex couples are out and about in public and some will be parents of their classmates. Plenty of trans people out there too, and there's a good chance they'll have a trans classmate.
Most likely, but still, sexual teachings should be taught in proper ages. In any case, the application of tolerance in early ages is a duty from the parents, not the school.
>As for sexuality, the same rules as teaching about het sexuality apply.
>Just treat LGBT no differently than cishet. If you don't agree with this, then you're saying there's something shameful about being LGBT that has to be hidden away from kids.
That's your own conclusion, however, at least I consider it differently, given heterosexual relationships are the norm and natural, biology and sexuality should be first taught, heterosexuality implied on the latter. After that, the kid should be taught to be tolerant towards LGBT people.
The reason why is that LGBT groups are still a fairly minority in a huge society mainly composed of heterosexual relationships. There is nothing inherently wrong with being LGBT, and the ones that do make see it bad, are degenerate individuals that do not represent the group as a whole and should be avoided.
Keep in mind, nobody are the same, or equal to anybody, different social and sexual groups are not the same, not equal, all people and groups are different, acceptance and tolerance of differences should be the objetive to achieve.
>>
>>12027226
>That's your own conclusion, however, at least I consider it differently, given heterosexual relationships are the norm and natural, biology and sexuality should be first taught, heterosexuality implied on the latter. After that, the kid should be taught to be tolerant towards LGBT people.
>There is nothing inherently wrong with being LGBT
I believe you're being contradictory. If LGBT isn't inherently wrong, then why treat it worse than heterosexual cis relationships? You can talk about tolerance and equality all you want, but the inherently unequal treatment you advocate sends the opposite message.
And keep in mind teaching about LGBT people doesn't necessarily mean teaching about sexuality. Kids are aware of the existence of heterosexual couples years before they get taught what these couples do in the bedroom. They can know that people of the same sex can love each other the way people of different sexes can.
And sexuality is even more peripheral to trans issues.
"Health classes" have been a duty of schools for ages. It wouldn't be necessary for school to be so involved if parents would do their duty. Parents routinely fail to do what they should though, so school are the only other option.
And cishet culture is the dominant culture that's all around you. The one that doesn't see anything wrong with depicting heterosexual romantic relationships in media that young children see.
>>
>>12025860
Fuck Christians
>>
>>12025860
>Protestants are basically pro tranny though
I wouldn't say that at all.
>>
>>12027300
Because current LGBT curriculum is schools borders on indoctrination. Let the kids learn biology and real shit first then once they have a good understanding of biology do we introduce legbutt
>>
>>12027300
>If LGBT isn't inherently wrong, then why treat it worse than heterosexual cis relationships?
Because people have different values in this society, that might or might not respect LGBT people; again, in my personal view being LGBT is not wrong, but different. There is nothing wrong on being different.
Personally I dont treat it 'worse', nor I dont have intentions to; but many people don't share my thoughs. Irrelevant.
>but the inherently unequal treatment you advocate sends the opposite message
That's because no group is equal to other group, no person is not equal to another, equality is an utopic idea, I know it sounds awfully pessimistic, but, at least I believe, it's the thing closest to the truth, my truth. And I put it first because I consider heterosexualism the natural norm on society, thus I considering it to be first in priorities, since anything else are 'particular' groups.
>And keep in mind teaching about LGBT people doesn't necessarily mean teaching about sexuality.
Yes, biology should be taught first, then the teaching the wide array of sexualities.
>Kids are aware of the existence of heterosexual couples years before they get taught what these couples do in the bedroom.
They know the existence of male and female couples, but they not aware of the 'heterosexual' denomination, neither the other sexualities in society.
>They can know that people of the same sex can love each other the way people of different sexes can.
Yes, that's the objetive.
>>
>>12025860
Oh really, anon. Haven't you heard the recent news about the United Methodist Church? There are also the Southern Baptists, the Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons, and more who are anti-tranny, and in some cases worse than the Methodists.
The only Protestants that I can see as being pro-LGBT are the Episcopalians.
>>
>>12027425
>muh biology
Most ~adults~ know nothing about biology, and what they 'teach' in 3rd grade isn't worth knowing OR teaching, let alone waiting for before teaching about a category of people

Children are much more capable of learning that you're giving them credit for. Let kids learn about people BEFORE others stack their reductivist hate-filled drivel onto them.
>>
>>12027489
All the more reason to not teach kids about lgbt stuff in school. If teachers can't even teach biology properly, what makes you think they'll teach lgbt issues without mistakes?
>>
>>12027526
I'm reasonably certain teachers can introduce a category of people with little difficulty in comparison to explaining hormonal passes, gene transcription, and the actual power of DMRT1 and FOXL2 and why it might matter in the future inbetween categories of sea anemones and whether a trilobite is a fossil or not in a technical sense.
>>
>its an "islam enables native englanders to be be nasty cretins by providing a useful excuse" episode.

Yawn. Don't act like Brits have spotless souls themselves
>>
>>12027425
Biology and real shit comes in with sex ed. LGBT is just as real as anything. No reason to treat LGBT couplings as inferior or more shameful.
Before biology and sexuality either comes into play, you have the issue of relationships and trans people being depicted in ways that have nothing directly to do with sexuality. If second graders can read stories with straight, there's no reason you can't have gay parents. And adopted kids and IVF kids are just fine too. Saying het relationships are allowed but not anything LGBT doesn't fly. If you can't have any hint of LGB relationship then keep any hint of straight relationships out.
And you don't have to pretend trans people don't exist either. There's a good chance of kids socially transitioning in any given school, and there's no reason why something like that should come as a surprise to anyone.
Mystifying LGBT just stigmatizes it and lets prejudice start to take hold early. The prejudice gets baked in when you treat the subject in a discriminatory fashion.
>>12027427
Values that don't respect LGBT people do not deserve respect.
>I consider heterosexualism the natural norm on society, thus I considering it to be first in priorities
And all you're doing is reinforcing that and signaling that LGBT is less worthy. There's no reason to focus solely on the norm.
>Yes, biology should be taught first, then the teaching the wide array of sexualities.
You're doing what so many people are doing, oversexualizing the subject. Straight relationships in our society aren't treated as being only about sex, why LGBT relationships? By your logic all mention of straight relationships should be purged from lessons until kids have had sex ed.
>They know the existence of male and female couples
And they probably know about other types of couples unless they're being sheltered.
I'm just talking about a nondiscriminatory approach to the subject.
>>12027526
Why teach children anything by that logic? Why have schools?
>>
>>12027555
Why are you bringing up Tfs and other factoids you have to serve as distractions? My only point is that a great deal of lgbt shit is quackery. Trans is mental illness that preys on the autistic/feeble. Introducing this crap to kids so young will only confuse them. I'm not against it, just introduce it later like when kids stop playing pretend relationships and begin to go through puberty. If children have a good knowledge base before lgbt topics I'm unopposed to it.
>>
>>12027678
>My only point is that a great deal of lgbt shit is quackery
>Trans is mental illness that preys on the autistic/feeble
>>
>>12027762
Brilliant, you got the gist of it
"Proud of you champ", something you've never heard your dad say
>>
>>12027792
Their dad's name is Tyrone and they never met them.
>>
>>12027792
>>12027818
>being smug about being a complete dumbass
>>
>>12027867
>Being smug about being a tranny
Oh hon, you're among frens
>>
>>12024780
Maybe soon they will have to admit that not all cultures are compatible with western values and that we have to keep such people away.
[spoiler]lol nah they will just blame it on right wingers and call it a day[/spoiler]
>>
>>12029635
>can't spoiler on some boards
never understood why this was a thing

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.