[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1796752.jpg (591 KB, 964x356)
591 KB
591 KB JPG
Can transitioning change your sexuality? I've read a ton of stories about transwomen who were initally attracted to women but became attracted to men instead after starting HRT.
>>
>>11539329
HRT does not change sexuality. Some people choose to change orientation as part of their transition, but it is not an effect of HRT. If it was, transbians would not exist, and cis lesbians on anti-conceptives would not exist. Why would a cis lesbian take an anti-conceptive? To reduce or suppress menstruation.
>>
ive always been bi, so i cant really choose who im attracted to, but when im attracted to a girl its just to not act on those feelings and go for the guy i like instead (if i had the guts to).
>>
File: 1536442220668.png (547 KB, 910x1000)
547 KB
547 KB PNG
>>11539329
I was 100% into girls pre-transition, never liked boys and stuff.
After starting HRT boylust took over me, I lost my attraction to women and now I'm 99% straight. What a ride.
>>
>>11539329
My sexuality changed with what I look like and how I saw myself
>>
>>11539329
I thought my sexuality changed on HRT at first but later remembered that I was into guys since pre and early teens and always thought vaginas are gross and had just sort of repressed my sexuality
>>
>>11539329
No it does not. Outt was either already there somewhere or it wasn't.

I've always been attracted to guys, but while repressing I dated girls to make myself feel "normal", but after hrt now that i'm myself I have and live with my bf

From the outside looking in it'd appear as if hrt changed me, but it was always there just hidden.
>>
>>11539569
I'm the same. Just repressed that part too.
>>
there are accounts of this but in my experience i think its mostly psychological? like i think some people end up finding out they like something else because your body is different and someone who validates you in the way you need to be validated could be another gender or sex. ive always been pan and my preference varies regardless of meds
>>
>>11539591

Theres a lot of transwomen who thought they became straight only to realize their sexuality was more fluid/bi. and dated both men and women after dating women mostly pre-hrt and for a while, mostly men after hrt. and yea mtfs dating men is more validating to them for those who want to validate themselves as women that they could at least catch fhe attention of men.
>>
>>11539609
yeah and i also dont just mean in that heterosexual way i just mean that for example in my past relationship with a cis girl she really wanted to get on my dick all the time and some transgirls might be repulsed to that so they might opt for men even though sex with cis women might not always have to be that way so they fluctuate until they find something thats suitable for their conceptions of their bodies but thats just my theory purely based on my experiences. i feel like in general it doesnt change anything that wasnt already present so youre totally right in that sense
>>
>>11539609
>yea mtfs dating men is more validating to them for those who want to validate themselves as women that they could at least catch fhe attention of men.
Dating cis lesbians is the most validating group you could date. They have higher standards. Cis men will date anything that looks female-like because they are driven by their high libidos. Cis men are not attracted to people; they are attracted to breasts, hips, butt and feet (yikes).
>>
I became much more into dudes post-hrt. Honestly, I think a really important part of sexuality is how you see yourself in a situation. Imagining myself pre-hrt with a dude wasn't appealing to me because I still felt like I looked like a dude. I like fem-masc or fem-fem but not masc-masc. Now that I feel closer to being able to be that fem presence, the whole idea of me being with a dude has become more appealing.
Thinking about like fantasies I've had my body seems a lot less relevant in the fem-fem scenarios, and I kind of instinctually minimize its presence to the point where the focus is more on my partner, whereas in masc-fem scenarios I feel like a less invisible and unimportant part of the act now. I think this is probably a result of being able to form those in my head from a more positive perspective post-hrt.
Would be cool if there was more research about this; I think stuff like this is a really interesting phenomena and I'd like to know more about it other than my own experience.
>>
>>11539337
t. fugly ass spichon. Are you sad the fact that no person will ever deal with your autism?
>>
>>11539329
the answer to this depends on your frame. if you think of sexuality as inborn then transitioning with a change of expressed preference would merely be an inherent quality coming out, but if you think of sexuality as fluid then transitioning could change sexuality
>>
I was bi pre transition but never did anything with that knowledge because I didn't want to be in a gay male relationship, and was Kinsey 1 in practice bc of that, transitioned and am now Kinsey 3 and very much into men as a woman, it also plays into my desire to be more or less normative
>>
>>11539337
>HRT does not change sexuality
It actually can Mario, don't be so fucking naive to believe it can't. I was attracted to women before starting HRT and now I only find myself attracted to men after HRT, I never chose to be attracted to men it was just something that happened when starting HRT.
>>
File: 1547005079750.jpg (57 KB, 520x520)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>11541619
Mario just wants to delude himself into thinking people can't possibly like men.
>>
>>11539329
I was straight before I started HRT, but now I just masturbate while playing with toy trains.
>>
>>11539329
People say no but from my experiences it changed my sexuality. I used to be bi-curious (attracted to women and only feminine traps/femboys), now I'm full on pan after 2 years of HRT willing to fuck fem women or macho dudes if they're attractive with a good personality. HRT did make me focus more on romance rather than just the sexual aspects of a relationship though
>>
>>11541619
honscience
the general consensus nowadays that nothing changes sexual orientation
>>
>>11541691
Not them, but I feel like where we're getting hung up on is the word "change". The repression period is a profoundly confusing time when it comes to self-definition, and I think it can be hard to really know yourself because of that. I don't think I'd say that HRT "changes" sexuality, but the phenomena of people discovering themselves sexually post-HRT seems to be pretty prevalent. I think this can manifest itself as something that, on the surface, seems like a change, but is really just a realization of one's "true" sexuality.
>>
File: pillow.gif (738 KB, 800x480)
738 KB
738 KB GIF
>>11539329
I'm bisexual and I used to lean more towards women, but it very notably shifted through HRT. These days I greatly prefer men.
>>
>>11541619
Were you attracted _only_ to women HRT? How do you know that it is HRT and not the psychological aspect of transition that made you change?

>>11541661
I do not deny that some people like men. I have commented many times on androphiles, implying that I acknowledge they exist.

>>11541691
Well, I doubt that. It is true that orientation does not change easily, but to say it can not change at all I doubt. What is true is that sex hormones have been used to try to change people’s sexual orientation before LGBT acceptance was widespread (from homosexual to heterosexual) and did not work.
>>
>>11542097
>Were you attracted _only_ to women HRT?
Yes, exclusively, I never thought of men romantically nor sexually.
>How do you know that it is HRT and not the psychological aspect of transition that made you change?
Because it seems to be too much of a fucking coincidence that not just me but hundreds and thousands of other trannies in the world have gone through the exact same thing SINCE starting HRT, whoremoans does have an effect on the way you think so why not have the ability to change someones sexuality.
>>
>>11542411
>but hundreds and thousands of other trannies in the world have gone through the exact same thing SINCE starting HRT
The problem with this argument is that there is a confounder: starting HRT also marks the start of one’s transition “for real”. I hypothesize that it is this change of mentality like “I am a woman now” what makes people change orientation, not HRT.

>whoremoans does have an effect on the way you think so why not have the ability to change someones sexuality.
It is possible but unlikely. The other changes are basically sure-fire: Skin always becomes softer; breasts always grow (to some degree); spermatogenesis always ceases (on a proper regime, which means no spironolactone). Hypothetically, if there is distinguishable biochemical control for sexual orientation (say, some unknown G-protein coupled receptor), any medication that alterates it would work near-universally (would change orientation on almost anybody) and that is not the case.
>>
>>11542411
>>11542492
When are you going to kill yourself? Or do your "self ffs" whatever.
>>
>>11542569
I am not Mario you idiot, plus I don't need ffs cause I pass, so fuck of and die in a forest fire you broke brick bitch!
>>
File: 1547230888852.gif (328 KB, 500x281)
328 KB
328 KB GIF
>>11542601
Oh my bad, I'm drunk and thought I read Ksenia above your post lol.
> so fuck of and die in a forest fire you broke brick bitch!
Uh are you okay anon? Kind of mangry. It was kind of clearly a mistake. Remember to take your anti-androgens on time!
>>
>>11542492
>I hypothesize that it is this change of mentality like “I am a woman now” what makes people change orientation, not HRT.
I wasn't one of those people who thought "oh I'm a woman" now after starting hrt, plus it wasn't a sudden change either.

I'm not even going to bother responding to your second half since you are not even considering the many possibilities on what could be the cause. you have narrowed it down so much and act like that is the only way.
>>
>>11542624
sorry anon, mario just has me a little hot headed at the moment.
> Remember to take your anti-androgens on time!
would you like to continue this or did you want to settle down yourself?
>>
File: 1546724346785.gif (416 KB, 540x304)
416 KB
416 KB GIF
>>11542661
>mario just has me a little hot headed at the moment.
Mario has a tendency to do that to everyone.
>would you like to continue this or did you want to settle down yourself?
You can do whatever you want silly!
>>
>>11542680
>Mario has a tendency to do that to everyone.
I wonder if he does it on purpose?
>You can do whatever you want silly!
Okay, you're a dumb meany bum bum head.
>>
>>11542492
mario, are you a he or a she?
>>
>>11542624
>Oh my bad, I'm drunk
also you shouldn't drink, it's bad for you.
>>
>>11542699
I am ok with either grammatical gender but I prefer female (”she”). I am MTF but I do not want to be a woman, only to live in the image of a woman. I am fine acknowledging I am biologically male.
>>
File: 1543593776561.png (561 KB, 963x720)
561 KB
561 KB PNG
>>11542693
>I wonder if he does it on purpose?
The scary part is I think he's actually serious about his beliefs. I kind of hate being in the same camp as him. He's more convincing as a /pol/ larper than a transwomen. Very male brained. Very aggressive.
>Okay, you're a dumb meany bum bum head.
I'm sorry ;_;

>mario, are you a he or a she?
I heard he prefers she pronouns but at the same time, doesn't believe trans women are women and coins himself an "estrogenized male" and talks about how he will always identify as male.
>>11542706
I'm working on it okay..
>>
>>11542721
don't you ever feel dysphoric about that though?
>>11542728
>I'm working on it okay..
good, drinking alcohol is a disgusting filthy habit.
>>
>>11542765
>don't you ever feel dysphoric about that though?
About what? I do have dysphoria for my male outward traits. I want to look like a beautiful woman, and I do not, so that is a cause of dissatisfaction that sometimes becomes dysphoria. However, recently I have started to occasionally pass to myself in the mirror without makeup, and that is a source of satisfaction.
>>
>>11542774
why do you think sex is disgusting?
>>
>>11539639
Ksenia saying yikes is cute haha you'll come around eventually
>>
>>11542786
I do not think sex in general is disgusting. Some particular form of sex are disgusting, _especially_ anal because of its connection to feces. Fetishes are disgusting, especially chastity cages (imagine one device holding all the sweat and dirt) and foot fetish (they tend to be sweaty and depending on the person, may have a strong and disagreeable odor, although that is not always the case). Although I have nothing against physiologically normal sex, I would prefer cuddles and nipple play to sex. IDK if nipple play counts as sex.
>>
>>11539639
ksenia, baka, their "high standards" don't work how you think they do. cis lesbians mostly want the real pussy, becoming as pretty looking as you can you will rather attract men and bi/straight women
>>
>>11542814
okay, would you say you would be more of the dominant type or submissive type when it comes to sex.
>>
>>11542826
Are you saying that if I looked like a pretty _woman_, I would attract straight women (among the other groups)? That sounds hard to believe. Bisexual women I can understand, but straight?

>>11542831
I am virgin. Socially I am very dominant. However, in sex, me and my future partner shall be peers. I am not into sexual domination/submission at all. I have initiative, and I want her to have initiative too! I want her to climb on top of me as in image related (I do not mean necessarily during sex) and hold my face snugly and lovingly, just as I will also do the same to her in other occasions. I will (when appropriate) carry her in arms like my princess (I do not expect her to reciprocate that, but if she wants to, that is perfectly fine) and kiss her like that photo from the end of WWII called “unconditional surrender”(search it). I will help her to dress, to do her hair, and her makeup, and I want her to help me too.
>>
>>11543077
>kiss her like that photo from the end of WWII called “unconditional surrender”(search it).
Image somewhat related.
>>
File: Alina and Alisa 6.jpg (391 KB, 707x1024)
391 KB
391 KB JPG
>>11542831
You left my mind wandering and wondering :)

It is really nice how intimate a couple of a trans woman and cis woman can be. Not only do they share desire for each other; they share their womanhood. They are women together. They are more than a couple, they are like sisters, truly a family, and can see the reflection of themselves in the other person. It is really lovely. This is why I want my GF to be a peer. It is much more intimate emotionally and physically.
>>
>>11543112
>fetishising cis women this much
it's very hard to believe you're not a living TERF false flag mario
>>
>>11543077
>Are you saying that if I looked like a pretty _woman_, I would attract straight women (among the other groups)?
ok, "straight" then
if you keep your penis and don't get prominent breasts and curves why not, they will see you as a pretty boy though lol
>>
I love how idiots like to proclaim that it doesn’t change sexuality when a MOUNTAIN of evidence suggests that it can. We have tons of accounts from people who have experienced it (including me) plus we know the brain changes by up to 40% in the first years of transition. Of Course sexuality can change, and it’s not a bad thing at all. I used to not like guys, and now I do. I like girl on a whole new level now. It’s fun.
>>
File: bigworry.png (14 KB, 112x111)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
>>11543639
>Brain changes by up to 40% in the first year of transition

what the fuck
>>
I've gotten more attracted to wamen when i started 'mones
>>
>>11539569
>>11539591
>>11539609
>>11541619
>>11539639
A lot of this is not actually sexual orientation. It is more similar to a gay man or lesbian woman that suppresses their sexual orientation, marries, has kids, and later comes out and divorces when they're 50. The reason people can defy sexual orientation to the determent of their mental health is to seek acceptance. Either they wish to be accepted by society or more often they wish to be accepted by themselves. In their mind certain relationship pairings might seem right and others might seem wrong. This has the same effect as a gay man that has grown believing that being gay is wrong, as well as a gay man that might think it's fine to be gay but feels pressured to be straight.

As I've already said even though you can force your sexual orientation to apparently change it is not your true sexual orientation. This forced superficial change will almost certainly cause mental health problems in the long run.
>>
>>11539337
>If it was, transbians would not exist

Just because it does not change everybody's sexualiy, does not mean it has no effect on sexuality.
>>
ive only ever been attracted to very smol twinks & women before HRT and after i definitely see the appeal in a more traditional, tall masculinity that i was repulsed by before hand. im sure on some level some of it is just being in a relationship that affirms your gender but i think most of it is fuck me up daddy
>>
>>11539329
I think it can often depend on the relationship someone is in when they transition. I'm the partner of a transwoman and have spoken to many people in a similar situation as me and no one's partner's have decided they're done with their partner due to HRT 'changing their sexuality'. If anyone has been left it's because there were problems with that relationship, but so far as I'm aware no trans partner has changed their preferences afterwards. I think >>11544737 might be right in saying
>just being in a relationship that affirms your gender
This world is very straight and passing to the world as a straight couple is much easier than gay/transbian.
>>
>>11539329
yes, it will make you wish so much to have the boy fucked out of you by a strong man <3
>>
File: 1546672319963.jpg (75 KB, 1024x813)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
PSEUDO-BISEXUAL
>>
>>11539639
>They have higher standards
Lmao have you seen actual lesbians before? Have you never seen fat chicks with dyed hair making out or bulk dykes that look like men? Not everyone is a Russian model. Lesbians have lower standards than straight woman because of a much smaller dating pool, hence the U-Haul meme.
>>
>>11539337
>Some people choose to change orientation as part of their transition
.......wat? How?
>>
>>11543142
Even if hypothetically I had a passing face? I think it is unlikely that a straight woman is attracted to a biological male with the face of a woman. If you made the same point for straight women being attracted to twinkhons, that would be more credible.

>>11545223
>Lmao have you seen actual lesbians before?
I know a few lesbians IRL. They are butch.

>Have you never seen fat chicks with dyed hair making out or bulk dykes that look like men? Not everyone is a Russian model.
Fair point. Butch lesbians specifically have lower standards than straight women. Butches are a shame. Lesbianism should be about appreciation of femininity.

>>11545337
For gynephilic to androphilic: They feed androphilic fantasies and see themselves as needing a man to dominate them. For androphilic to gynephilic: I do not know; you will have to ask them.
>>
File: 1540948903054.png (255 KB, 3472x3824)
255 KB
255 KB PNG
>>11545819
>Even if hypothetically I had a passing face?
lol kill yourself

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.