[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 2ggTXSEPk2rqfYeA5zqOwvzP.jpg (458 KB, 3024x4032)
458 KB
458 KB JPG
Any of you faggots 3d printed rifles, handguns, or magazines? Deterrence Dispensed has a few pistol frames and a Glock 19/17 cad model. Being able to print untraceable weapons and magazines would be very useful in the boogaloo.
>>
>>42003054
>in the boogaloo.
getting weird shit such as supplies is not boogaloo-certified
>>
>>42003054
Yeah because the federal government is really going to be interested in the dodgey purchase history of individual handguns once a full on societal collapse is about.

Untraceability is only relevant in a working society that has police willing and able to trace guns, so if you care at all about the super duper close and totally imminent societal implosion then just privately buy proper firearms.
>>
Printfag here, no, any printer that costs less than $100k isn't gonna print guns for shit.
Just buy the fucking things, give it 10 years and SLA might JUST be good enough, but when you can buy a glock for a few hundred bucks, why?
Fuck, when you can buy a hi-point for $150 new, why?
By the time the boogaloo has started, traceable firearms won't matter. You'll buy guns without a NICS, kill feds, take their guns, and buy more guns.
The second the boogaloo starts, it'll be over.
>>42003084
Basically this
>>
File: D-uVmA2XkAAC32u.jpg (32 KB, 670x370)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>42003138
All the designs deterrence dispensed have released can be printed on a $200 creality ender 3 printer.

Who are you shilling for?
>>
>>42004276
I'm fairly certain that someone could compress fabric and resin bond it together to make sheets that they could cut stack and pin/glue together to make a pistol frame much stronger than a 3d printed one
>>
can someone PLEASE find a a gen 4 glock 23 frame. Everything online is for gen 3.
>>
>>42004354
Have fun with that arts and crafts project retard
>>
>>42004276
Nigger, Filipino niggers are making 1911’s out of scrap metal in the fucking jungle. Fuck 3D printers. If this is what you are worried about, I guarantee you aren’t ready for bugaloo
>>
Printed a M&P Shield. The parts kit didn't't come with a safety which is why there's that gap toward the rear of the frame.

I'm doing a SD9VE next just waiting on some missing parts.
>>
>>42004899
Holy mother of fuck where did you get the files? Or did you make it yourself?
>>
>>42005007
The files are on the defense distributed github. The speed loader and dummies are on thingiverse.
>>
>>42004899
I’m not into the whole print fag thing, but I will admit that’s pretty sweet.
>>
File: D7q5OznXoAAyJwu.jpg (60 KB, 1200x600)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>42004703
>Nigger, Filipino niggers are making 1911’s out of scrap metal in the fucking jungle. Fuck 3D printers. If this is what you are worried about, I guarantee you aren’t ready for bugaloo

Therefore people who use 3d printers to make guns are... What? Less manly than flips or something? What is your point?
>>
Anybody have working model or prototype scan of CZ P10-C mags or stripped frame?
I don't have the ability to scan them but if somebody can give me raw scans I will tweak them to be printable.
>>
>>42005339
You'll probably have more luck in det_disp on freespeech.
>>
>>42005364
Thanks lad
>>
>>42004899
>parts kit
w2c?
>>
>>42005435
Gunbroker.

Try to do your research on what parts you need and what comes with the auction. Make sure they are all there or be prepared to buy the parts separately.

I just bought the parts kit for the SD9VE. Turns out it was missing the trigger spring and magazine catch. I was able to find both, but now I have to wait another week to put it together.
>>
>>42004899
looks very smooth, what printer/fillament?
test fired yet?
>>
>>42005592
Prusa mki3. Sunlu PLA+ orange. I had some finishing issues near the trigger guard because of supports, but its quite smooth. At first I wasn't happy with the color, but after I assembled it, it really pops.

I haven't test fired it yet. I don't really have a place to shoot it.
>>
>>42005031
>defense distributed
God dammit... I don't like dealing with compromised shit...
>>
>>42005664
Use Tor/VPN dummy
>>
>>42005725
>Implying a government that spends 78 billion annually cant get aroud your super based 13 dollar a month vpn.
>>
>>42005664
You are on /k/ you are already on a list.
>>
File: 1550083865705.jpg (25 KB, 474x473)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>42005558
https://everygunpart.com/handgun-kits/semi-auto/smith-wesson-sw9ve-semi-auto-stainless-9582.html

hol up r u tellin me kits are only 150 bucks and I can print a frame and bodge some rails on and be shooting?
>>
>>42005788
Fuck yourself FUD shill. Private gunmaking is 100% legal in America.
>>
>>42005664
Compromised in what way? It's all out in the open. Even if you're not going to print baby plastic toy guns CAD will always be relevant.

https://github.com/maduce/fosscad-repo
>>
>>42005972
>Compromised in what way?
DD was always a joke but after the legal troubles you can bet your ass they're a honeypot
>>
>>42004899
How did you get the rails for it? Did you make them yourself?
>>
>>42006016
In what way? It's 100% legal and theres even completely anonymous ways to acquire the data. How are they going to catch you being invisible and doing legal things?
>>
>>42006016
>honeypot
>for legal items
Are you stupid? Its also github, you can see what's been uploaded, what's been changed, and who did it. If you don't trust github, then just get the files from literally any other repository, like defcad or the /k/ mega distribution.
>>
>>42006016
defense distributed =/= deterrence dispensed
>>
>>42005883
No. That is a sw9ve not a sd9ve. To my knowledge the parts are not interchangeable, sorry.

After the auction, magazine catch, and upgraded apex trigger, the SD9 cost me around $160.

>>42006020
The shield doesn't't need handmade rails! I'd recommend getting one if you are entirely new to 3D printing and putting guns together in general.

Now, the SD9 does require a rail. I bought a dremel to do it and am debating on purchasing a cnc machine to do it/other things. I've heard of people using shapeways to order the rails if you lack the skillset to do it.
>>
>>42006188
>The shield doesn't't need handmade rails! I'd recommend getting one if you are entirely new to 3D printing and putting guns together in general.
Awesome! I've been thinking of getting an Ender 3 to start out with, and I wasn't sure what gun I would want to print first. A shield might be cool.
>I bought a dremel to do it and am debating on purchasing a cnc machine to do it/other things.
So you could also try something I discovered earlier today when I was really getting into this 3D printed guns kick: MPCNC. That is, mostly printed CNC. You can print a large portion of the parts required, and buy the rest from these guys: https://shop.v1engineering.com/collections/bundles/products/mostly-printed-cnc-parts-bundle
Or you can do it all yourself if you've got the knowledge and can source the parts.
>>
I have a ruger 10/22 with a 3D printed receiver I have to put together I can post if this thread is still up tonight. Having no experience putting guns together its fun to see how it works.
>>42006251
I've been debating on getting a MPCNC or just going all out and getting a shakeoko for the build space and ability.
>>
I've got an M-LOK VFG I designed.
>>
>>42004354
>3D print magwell shaped block
>Wrap resin-soaked sheets of fibers around it until required thickness is met
>Remove from block
Would be a neat experiment. Might actually be better suited for making magazine bodies, actually, now that I think on it.
>>
Hmmm...
Have you considered making an SD9VE frame that uses Glock mags?
>>
>>42006251
Get the Ender 3 PRO. The Y axis is a lot sturdier.
>>
>>42011408
Is there a way to make that auto-adjust /calibrate? I hate manually calibrating after every print
>>
>>42011530
There are probes for that, but you're really just better off getting some stiffer springs for the bed, some wingnuts to prevent the knobs from loosening and setting it up properly.
Just have the nozzle go from one corner to another and adjust the table until the filament extrudes consistently at the correct height.
>>
>>42011401
There has been talks of doing just that. Do not know how far along it is though.

In the mean time you have a SR9 frame that takes glock mags if that is something you wanted.
>>
>>42011573
Nice.
>>
>>42011559
Any other "mods" you like?
Making a list rn, thinking of picking one up if they go on sale
>>
>>42011615
I honestly get really good performance out of mine and other than what I already mentioned it is completely stock.
The rubbery thing can be a bit of a pain to align, though, so there's that.
Just be really thorough when you assemble it and you should do fine.
>>
>>42004899
Whats folder file name am I looking for? I want one
>>
>>42011401
... you mean a Glock frame?
>>
>>42005813
this
>>
>>42012105
https://spee.ch/@Deterrence-Dispensed:2

Bottom of this page.
>>
>>42005237
I think what anon is saying is that it's better to learn to make scrap metal guns that will probably last longer and can be readily made without buying finished parts. It may not always be legal to get partskits sans recievers shipped to your door, in a lot of countries it really isnt, so being able to take black steel pipe and a dremel to make a repeating shotgun, or drill your own barrel and weld sheet metal and make a little pocket auto is pretty important.
>>
>>42012119
Insomuch as the SD9VE is a Glock clone, yes.
You can get less expensive components for the stress-bearing stuff and have access to a larger magazine aftermarket, that way. At the very least, it being an option would be nice, no?
>>
>deterrence dispensed
>defence distributed
What kind of a s()yb()y hipster came up with these retarded names?
>>
>>42004354
There is literally nothing that 3D printing does better than injection molding
3D printed parts are garbage
>>
>>42012518
Anon ain't always alliterating?
>>
>>42012570
Injection molding imposes significant restrictions on part geometry.
Some shapes quite simply cannot be injection molded.
>>
>>42012570
Welcome to 2011, grandpa
>>
>>42012570
>Literally nothing
>Unusual shapes
>Small runs of parts
>Exotic materials
>Machinery involved can can both be mobile and low visibility when in place, or built on the fly with surprisingly inconspicuous items.

You're a moron.
>>
Poor picture, but here's a Ruger 10/22 with a 3D printed receiver. I won the actual parts for $110, but I have seen them go for cheaper. After shipping and purchasing a magazine the total came to about $150.
>>
>>42012570
>There is literally nothing that 3D printing does better than injection molding
Does doing it for less than $10,000 per mold count?
>>
>>42004354
>I'm fairly certain that someone could compress fabric and resin bond it together to make sheets that they could cut stack and pin/glue together to make a pistol frame much stronger than a 3d printed one
Wanna know how I know you've never even thought about how to do that, let alone even tried it
I can put a 3D printer on my bedroom shelf and leave it while I go to work
I ain't fucking with resin in my bedroom, let alone impregnating fiber mesh with it, and I'd hardly be willing to wreck my workshop with it to begin with.
>>
>>42012503
>You can get less expensive components for the stress-bearing stuff and have access to a larger magazine aftermarket, that way. At the very least, it being an option would be nice, no?
I mean printing a Glock frame and fabricating a P80 style rail block is a solved problem, so...
>>
>>42005339
Can you really 3d print mags that are supposed to be sheet metal? If you make the plastic thicker it won't fit. Plus the mag is stressed pretty hard fully loaded. 3d print could delaminate under that constant tension.
>>
>>42013602
The companies that make the better resins for injecting molding are very busy making resins for 3d printing. What does that tell you?
>>
>>42013668
yes and no, you can redesign them to work by fixing the feed lips a few ways but basically making them thicker. otherwise if you 1mm thick plastic it wont go well.
>>
File: mags.jpg (32 KB, 740x435)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>42013668
We're talking something a little more esoteric here but as long as you can make the feed lips out of the thicker plastic so they don't break and still present the bullet without interfering with the slide, you could have thicker walls on the magazine body and the rounds simply bunch into a tighter stack.
>9001 hours in MS Paint
>>
>>42004899
pretty sweet. what's the best way to get started - any online guides or videos you recommend?
>>
>>42014823
Which part? 3D printing?

If you know absolutely nothing you can listen to this quick podcast about 3D printing: https://vonupodcast.com/tvp-55-gun-printing-101-with-ivanthetroll/

From there you should be able to decide for yourself where to proceed.

You can also go on det_disp channel on keybase. They have a printing guide and people will be willing to help you get started.
>>
>>42014943
thx anon
>>
>>42004276
This.
>>
>>42004371
Just use a gen 3 nigger the fuck is wrong with you
>>
>>42012518
its literally a piss take on def dist because they kind of fell through on their goals.
>>
>>42004899
God bless you, you need to push more info, I’d love to see the SD9
>>
3D printing guns is somewhat interesting, 3D printing mags however is the way of the future.
>>
>>42013634
>he has never heard of micarta
>>
>>42017440
This is true, at least in America.
There aren't many guns or gun receivers that work 1:1 in a 3D printer. There are ways to alter a gun or receiver to work with 3D printing. Pic related is something very useful for 3D printing, it's a magazine extension. One could buy a legal magazine and print an extension and no one would know you had that kind of capacity. The same is true with pistol mags.
>>
Interesting thread.
>>
>>42004899
What printer did you buy?
>>
>>42022093
Prusa.

This is possible with an Ender 3 given the right adjustments.
>>
So this seems like the right thread to ask. What do I do if I want to build a p80 Glock but have none of the tools to do so? The friends I know that have tools probably wouldn't help me and would snitch that it's "unregistered." What do?
>>
>>42003054
>3d printed rifles
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
my sides
>>
>>42013805
And DuPont makes FDM filament, to include Zytel itself.
So based on that it tells me jack shit.
>>
>>42017985
Looking online at the procedures I'd still rather fuck with a printer in most cases. When I have an actual garage, maybe. It looks like it'd be a super pain in the ass to get parts with more than two relevant dimensions.
Regardless it's still just another tool in my box more than being outright superior to anything. I'd probably use it to make handguards.
>>
File: 20190529_205439.jpg (2.75 MB, 4128x2322)
2.75 MB
2.75 MB JPG
Totally doable.
>>
>>42022515
>all those screws
Any reason you're still using ancient modular designs
>>
>>42022190
Sell your p80 and put the money to a printer.
>>
>>42022528
Grain lines run in correct directions for maximum strength. I've been posting this image for a while. Those two rifles have now had well over a 1k rounds through them.
>>
>>42022190
>The friends I know that have tools probably wouldn't help me and would snitch that it's "unregistered."

your friends suck. That aside, just buy tools and use them?
>>
>>42022190
Time to make a Harbor Freight run
$40 drill press
$30 mill vise
some files
etc
>>
>>42022515
why does the rear sight looks comically oversized?
>>
>>42022598
Because I fucked up in CAD. Instead of stopping the print partway and blow a buck in plastic I decided to let it finish. Still shoots accurately at 100 yards.
>>
File: preview.png (19 KB, 516x456)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
>>42022598
Among other things I made my own side charger for about 20 cents.
>>
>>42022651
How's the charging handle hold up or do you see it as its so cheap who cares?

Got a stl?
>>
>>42003138
The fuck are you fucking talking about?

There are fully working semi auto prototype firearms out there that 100% work

And the people with the actual engineering experience to make something thst will REALLY fucking work are wisely keeping their mouth shut

Would it be better for the average retard to buy a 4k bridgeport and learn to machine, rather than 3D print?

Yeah.

Would it be better to buy a crate of PSAs and Hipoints?

Yeah.

But are you going to be cranking out firearm parts on a bridgeport, better than you would on a 3D printer farm?

No.

Fucking hell, and the number of you idiots that dont realize that there is metal based printer filament that output metal parts that merely need to be sintered, is fucking mind blowing

We can literally make metal and nylon parts on decent 3D printers that cost less than a used bridgeport, without any tooling, and could easily crank out an entire firearm for less than 2,500 dollars, and none of you fuckers see any utility in this?

Not everybody can or will have the ability and time to sit on a welder, bridgeport, fucking whatever, should shit go off the deep. But having the ability to passively manufacture is more valuable than any of you braindead idiots pretending you ever picked up anything more complicated than a screw driver, could ever fucking imagine
>>
>>42022676
No stl yet, just look on grabcad when the time comes. The charging handle has worked for every mag change out of the last 1k rounds. It's all in the proper orientation on the print bed for stress lines.
>>
>>42022651
Extended rear chargers are silly
I want to clone the New Frontier forward charger but in a 5" 9mm upper
>>
>>42022687
Buy PSA upper, 3d print lower.
You are looking at 4 bucks in the lower and around 250 for the upper.
>>
File: 20190513_222311.jpg (812 KB, 3765x1203)
812 KB
812 KB JPG
>>42022705
I tried both ways.
>>
>>42022721
That's still on the existing charging handle.
Don't be a pussy, open up the gas tube hole on the receiver and stick something through it.
>>
>>42022776
Elaborate.
I plan on removing the whole charging handle, slotting the upper receiver on the left hand side, drilling and tapping the BCG and attaching a reciprocating handle.
>>
>>42022806
>Elaborate.
H&K it.
>>
>>42022854
I need an elaboration. H&K it is not one.
>>
>>42004354
A better solution is to print the parts in plastic, then use the plastic parts to cast metal parts.
>>
>>42022546
How do you dictate the direction of the grain lines in your slicing software?
>>
>>42023016
Do you know how FDM printing works? Items build in Z-up orientation, 1 layer (grain) at a time. Position each part for best strength depending on direction of stress. Segment parts and solvent weld accordingly.
>>
>>42022868
I suppose he means running a larger hollow tube over the gas tube so that you can have a HK style charging handle on the handguard.

I think that it would interfere with the correct mounting of the gas tube itself because there's not much material there lol
>>
>>42023038
You would be correct, that and the gas tube on an AR15 platform has a slight bend several inches in front of the BCG.
>>
do any of you know where i could buy a transparent glock 19 lower? i figured this would be the place to ask, idc if its smoky or whatever just that its see through(ish).
>>
>>42023037
Ah. I do have a printer myself I was thinking of grain lines x-oriented vs y-oriented, and how that would be selected in your software of choice.
>>
>>42004899
do you just straight up print out the STL?
is it compatible with existing holsters?
>>
>>42023158
I printed out the stl. Only thing I had to do was ream out the holes for the roll pins.

I do not have a holster to tell you if its compatible. It uses factory hardware including the the magazine so I would assume so.

>>42023055
They make transparent filament. Hop to it. The issue I see you having is that because the layers are thick on the frames it will not be very see through.
>>
>>42012518
Cody Wilson was behind defence distributed, deterrence dispensed is the network of freelancers and was named for Cody's company after they got neutered when Cody got set up.
>>
>>42005658
How come you didnt have to put the rails on the back and drill them into place?
>>
>>42023389
The M&P9 parts kits come with all the rails.
>>
>>42023231
thanks!
>>
>>42023599
Where did you get the parts kit? Apparently I'm retarded and can't find one
>>
File: IMG_20190712_211442893.jpg (2.89 MB, 4000x3000)
2.89 MB
2.89 MB JPG
>>42003054
As I sit upon my poker chair and laugh, I know the government has lost.
>>
>>42023950
The sound of freedom is that of stepper motors.
>>
>>42023927
Gunbroker or everygunpart. You are going to have to wait until one pops up.

The M&P9 is not the same as the M&P9 Shield. Read the description of what you are purchasing.
>>
>>42023067
pretty sure z axis grain is the only one that substantially matters, but there's usually a setting for infill angle or direction
>>
>>42023998
That and mig welders
>>
>>42018430
it is my goal to design a working printable drum that fits onto a 10 round lancer or pmag
>>
>>42024033
A noble goal.
A Glock mag model would be pretty great for all those PPC's out there, too.
>>
>>42023231
oh no you misunderstand i dont intend on ever owning a 3d printer or suffering through the autism of learning to use one.
>>
>>42023950
i see that sten back there, id like to see more of it mmffff
>>
Has anyone managed to print and successfully use one of micro roni clones?
>>
>>42024006
Gotcha. Thanks
>>
>>42024056
Working project still, I'll tease everyone in the gun making thread I may or may not start to brag in two months
>>
>>42024144
That weld is nice.
>>
>>42024216
Oh I haven't done shit yet my friend, still need to buy the welder, took the pic from that angle to hide the fact it's unwelded.
>>
File: Modernized Sten.jpg (400 KB, 1200x1600)
400 KB
400 KB JPG
>>42024258
So, you going for a faithful repro or something more heretical?
>>
>>42024859
Faithful repro rn, might make another one soon, planning on making a Sterling next, then perhaps a semi auto DP28
>>
>>42004703
Except for the fact that those pinoy monkies don't build them from the ground up faggot. They get shit smuggled in and tinker with it. Bet you also think they make bullets from piss and fertiliser.
>>
>>42025284
nah dude they totally hand-file 1911 frames from railroad ties u dont even know
>>
>>42022721
Holy fuck, I was wondering if anyone had done this. What do I have to do to get that .stl?
>>
File: magazine.png (95 KB, 1028x748)
95 KB
95 KB PNG
>>42018430
>>42017440
Make it happen.
>>
File: Cyzv4BOUQAAsxSv.jpg (78 KB, 1200x675)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>>
>>42026452
That's silly enough that it just might work.
>>
>>42028041
It just might. You might want to try something that has a void behind the magwell you can slot a lug into, or a really right magazine catch and a plate that sight TIGHT up against the frame, but this could work. Dont forget that magazines do not like having force applied to them.
>>
File: Horribly_Painted_Pepe.jpg (75 KB, 1600x1200)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>42025284
they actually make loads of guns from scratch, not with files but with really old mills and lathes. you can see plenty of videos out there of the shops that produce guns and they arent that expensive to build and tool up to do what they do. i also dont know about ammo production but 45 acp will cycle with bp loads where a 9mm pistol is setup wrong and wont cycle correctly thanks to the impulse. oddly i know china and stuff sees cordite style loads being made in small batches so thats probably the case for the philippines.
>>
File: QBZ_95_PLA.png (134 KB, 799x324)
134 KB
134 KB PNG
>>42028061
Or maybe make the trigger guard kinda like on the original Type 95/97's?
>>
>>42028087
For BP, I'd go for 12 gauge. Then you also don't need to bother with rifling.
>>
>>42028097
No, that ones a no-go. The design we're discussing at the moment is possibly a workaround because it's not attached to the gun at all.
>>
>>42028087
>you can see plenty of videos out there of the shops that produce guns and they arent that expensive to build and tool up to do what they do.
Expense isnt the only factor here, but still, a $40 drill press is one thing but getting a "cheap" $800 craigslist lathe up, running and true is a whole different beast.
>>
>>42028187
Does the upside-down magazine like on that full-giggle CZ75 work?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eXEXTWDh8o
>>
>>42028199
Work? Yes.
Legal? Still a no.
>>
File: ATF classification.jpg (828 KB, 1242x1159)
828 KB
828 KB JPG
>>42028211
:(
It's so fucking arbitrary.
>>
>>42028197
i have about a 10k setup which got me a 5hp lathe and a bridgeport mill as well all the measuring tools, cutters, welders and all the extra shit you could want. really if you think about it thats a setup as portioned to my income really isnt that much, the much bigger limit is having a place to put shit. meanwhile for many foreigners land and housing is cheaper so it sorta works out for subtractive machining to be cheap and additive manufacturing (welding, 3d print now, has always been cheaper; however not really a limit to anyone who has a decaded budget to work towards a venture
>>
>>42028061
maybe fortify magwell with magic grip panels or something
>>
File: Extendo Glock.jpg (211 KB, 735x582)
211 KB
211 KB JPG
>>
>>42028298
>really if you think about it thats a setup as portioned to my income really isnt that much, the much bigger limit is having a place to put shit.
Exactamundo, compadre. If I really wanted to, I could buckle down, sell some stuff, and come up with a couple thousand dollars for proper machine tools. Acquiring the space is another matter. The sheer lack of space and infrastructure required for a 3D printer is just as much, if not more of an advantage as any other advantages they have. I see them as the toaster ovens of parts making. They sure cant handle everything, but if I want some baked fish real quick it sure is nice to have there on my shelf cooking while I shitpost.
>>
>>42025284
They hand file the guns into shape, but amazingly make a profit on it. I am guessing copyrights might have a factor in how expensive our guns are in the United States.
>>
File: 20190608_143723.jpg (2.88 MB, 4128x2322)
2.88 MB
2.88 MB JPG
>>42026873
>>
>>42025660
Lurk Grabcad. I'm not done with it.
>>
>>42028449
that is one thing i love, i can let my printer do work while i do work so i can get a part(s) at the end of a 12 hour shift
>>
>>42028645
Labor, taxes, permits/licensing, etc drive up costs. Copyright has absolutely nothing to do with it because most gun manufacturers either make clones of stuff that had its patent expired decades ago or their own in-house designs. Glock makes Glocks, FN makes FNs, HK makes HKs and Sig makes Sigs. No copyright issues there.
>>
>>42004703
Why do people always bring up that fucking crime Inc meme, there's zero, and I mean exactly fucking zero chance that those niggers are milling frames with hand tools, let alone the barrel or slides, which all need to be made of extremely difficult to machine material.

I guarantee you they were stealing parts from RIA and hand fitting them, and the ignorant film producers just took their word at face value when they said they were "making guns by hand"

https://youtu.be/mU38QDKmiTk
>>
>>42015506
gen 3 doesn't work on gen 4 retard
>>
>>42029995
Wrong video link https://youtu.be/pq1TXEE_QK4

Absolutely zero chance this flips are milling slides or barrels, even if they're able to do frames out of mild steel (which I still find unlikely)
>>
>>42030029
Glock still owns the patent on gen 4 and would DMCA the fuck out of anybody who reverse engineered it. Making and publishing a gen 3 frames dimensions online is (for the time being) perfectly legal.
>>
Just getting started with 3D printing any recommendations for filament type. Looking to make magazine bodies and followers.
>>
File: 19113.png (414 KB, 704x471)
414 KB
414 KB PNG
>>42030077
>>42029995

Nah dude, there are home shops with some machining capabilities that could be working on RIA frames but there's definitely dudes working on stuff made from sheet metal.

You have to understand every copy is essentially hand fitted, there's no parts interchangeability and you have to use downloaded ammunition because this shit cannot sustain full pressure ammo.
>>
File: 19112.png (275 KB, 799x380)
275 KB
275 KB PNG
>>42029995
>>42030077

This shit did not come from RIA. Enough time with a file and a buffing wheel and it may look like it was milled at a glance but no way this was ever milled flat.
>>
File: 19114.png (700 KB, 812x575)
700 KB
700 KB PNG
>>
>>42030568
If you're just starting out I'd recommend first getting the basic types to print reliably, accurately and strong (ABS, PLA, PETG, etc) and then you can move on to doing the same with more exotic filaments (PEEK, FEP, even Zytel itself to keep your Glock frames authentic).
I think I'm going to go ahead and order myself a cheap Ender once I move to a new place in a few months and start trying this shit out for myself.
>>
File: 1911welds.png (405 KB, 813x495)
405 KB
405 KB PNG
>>
File: 1911brazing.png (536 KB, 799x478)
536 KB
536 KB PNG
>>42030650
>>42030637
>>42030628
>>42030615

point being, the crime inc stuff isn't a meme and they do make """"1911s"""" out of sheet metal
>>
Been working on some original 3D printable gun designs for a while now and I finally have the most recent prototype working well enough to share. Any interest?
>>
>>42030839
nope
>>
>>42030839
Dude stl link plz
>>
>>42030839
I'm less interested in full-on turboexpedient stuff than I used to be, but hey, I consider this to be more of a hobby than boogaloo prep
lets hear the deets m8
>>
Late to the game but I printed up one of the tec-9 frames that take glawk mags. It's pretty damn badass even if it looks like shit from my uncalibrated ender 3 pro but nothing a little sandpaper can't fix.
>>
>>42030868
I’ll post a thread sometime tomorrow. My printer is finishing up a couple parts for the most recent version and I’m going out drinking tonight. As long as /k/ wants it I’ll release all the .stls and updates to that design as well as others that I’m working on.
>>42030895
And yeah it’s definitely just a hobby for me. I just love working on and designing firearms and 3D printing makes that “easy” and accessible
>>
>>42031177
Sounds kino man, hook us up when you're done.
>>
>>42031177
I love you /k/ so I’ll make sure you guys get everything before anyone else
>>
>>42030839
What's the feasibility of adapting this into an autorevolver? Thought of any way to slow down the upper frame to a safe velocity?
>>
>>42031197
there's absolutely no way to incorporate a gas system in a plastic gun.
>>
>>42031197
It’s feasible. I have some ideas for making a “”semi auto”” version which will be in the works after this and a second project I’m working on at the same time.

This version functions somewhat like a single action revolver, where you have to manually cock the action before every shot but doing so rotates and locks the barrel into place.
>>
>>42031211
Name a single gas operated autorevolver.
>>
>>42031216
blowback, webley-forester
>>
>>42031225
>blowback
>gas operated
This is about the weakest backpedal I've ever seen.
>>
>>42031211
>>42031216
You’re entirely correct that isn’t possible but it is possible to create a system that operates in a similar manner to a double action revolver in which semi-auto like fire can be achieved. That is the best we can do with the current 3D printing technology and I intend to do it eventually.
>>
>>42031216
>>42031239
nah thats some other guy i wasn't even reading, almost the same goes for plastic springs though. extremely inconsistent. double action only is still fine-ish.
>>
>>42031239
I'm not the guy talking about making it all, it's just such a fucking retarded idea to propose a gas system for a revolved i hoped one of yous had just got confused
>>
>>42031252
Plastic springs are complete garbage. That’s why the design I posted uses a rubber band and any pen spring instead of them. Easy to find and work infinitely better.
>>
>>42030839
Yes, please! You must be the first person in history to make a decent looking 3d printed handgun that can fire multiple rounds.
I mean, God, the Washbear looked awrfull!
Please post the files!
>>
>>42031241
>>42031252
As long as you can keep the upper frame velocity down to a safe level, recoil operation should be completely feasible.
That is, if you can find a way. I'm loathe to say that simply shoving a big enough spring in it would be enough, and rate reducers are hell to design.
>>42031261
The issue is that >>42031211 replied to >>42031197 as if 'autorevolver' inherently meant gas operation.
>>
>>42031287
>autorevolver convo
Meh, I took auto-revolver to just mean any method of cycling, like zig-zag not gas. I don't even know if you could do gas at all because of the lack of gas seal.

To talk about keeping upper frame velocity down, mechanical disadvantage such as flapper locked etc would be a cool way to go but I don't think 3D printing would be strong enough.
>>
>>42031266
Yeah I agree rubber bands are great for mainspring approximation but even a plastic-to-metal-spring linkage won't handle recoil usably.

>>42031287
yeah, distracted and skimming but i think a gas operation might actually work better than plastic springs. I tinkered with some ideas on a not-enclosed gas system that bled out excess pressure at one point. Not good for ballistics but something like a really loose gas trap could maybe someday work.
>>
>>42031314
>not-enclosed gas system that bled out excess pressure
The lack of gas seal on the revolver?
>>
>>42031281
I will! I enjoy working on this a lot so I’ll definitely share what I do.

>>42031287
A recoil or gas operated 3D printable firearm is theoretically possible but it’s far from practical. I might attempt to do it for fun one day but as I said earlier I believe something that functions in a similar manner to a double action revolver is the best we can do with our current technology.
>>
>>42031314
I wonder if you could make a gas-based velocity reducing piston with a tight seal using malleable filament in an enclosed pocket.
>>42031338
>I might attempt to do it for fun one day but as I said earlier I believe something that functions in a similar manner to a double action revolver is the best we can do with our current technology.
Oh, absolutely. But at that point it's still a Washbear clone, and doing crazy shit like lever-slowed blowback is the kind of shit I live for.
>>
>>42031345
>I wonder if you could make a gas-based velocity reducing piston with a tight seal using malleable filament in an enclosed pocket.
To clarify; one that acts on its own, without bleed-off from the barrel. It just creates its own compression pressure to slow the frame.
>>
>>42031332
after that, think windmill/turbine just shitting all your precious gasses out its ass to use a tiny fraction of that pressure to opeate super low pressure plastic-safe action.
>>
>>42031312
That’s what I interpreted it as. A semi auto locked breech firearm is not something that can reasonably be 3D printed due to obvious material limitations.

I do work on designs for things like locked breech semi auto rifles and I 3D print prototypes but they are just for testing of concepts. Any functional version would need to be made using conventional methods.
>>
Pic related from Whelen’s Small Arms Design and Ballistics
>few % drop due to revolver cylinder gap
>very little gas just turns a right angle to escape
Bigger concern is how much thinner the chamber walls will be and how they’ll stand up to the pressure.

>>42031368
Lol use a turbine and use it driving a worm gear for real keks.
>>42031369
Metal inserts change the scene quite a bit however. Let alone 3D printed steel as online places are doing now.
>>
I’ve gotta go for the evening but I’ll be monitoring this thread still and I will make a post tomorrow releasing some designs. I love discussing this though and I hope to do so tomorrow.
>>
>>42031345
I don’t want to throw shade at the designer because I respect anyone who goes through the amount of effort required to design something that complicated but the washbear is fairly shit.
The reason I started designing 3D printable guns is because I have tried out every design that I can find and none of them are very good... or as good as they can be.
>>
>>42030839

That looks promising.

We are highly interested to discuss your designs in detail and get them out there in such a way that they reach as many people as possible.

Join keybase.io/team/det_disp and contact JStark1809 via dm if you'd like to bounce ideas back and forth.
>>
>>42003054
Anyone ever try seeing what happens if you try to order a firearm receiver from a 3D printing service? Surely they just reject the order as soon as they open the file, right? I just ordered a part I need for an air rifle (doesn't really look like a gun part) from sculpteo and I labeled the file .30cal something another. I'll let yous know if I get banned lol
>>
>>42031914
Get your own printer instead. The def_dist guys are not using huge and expensive printers to make their parts.
>>
>>42031196
>!M0KzVpXAtk
Creality CR-10?
>>
>>42032155
I will eventually but i'm temporarily disabled and umeployed right now :(
But the part I ordered cost $13 to print and ship :O
>>
SD9VE.

I scratched up the frame a bit trying to file out the interior. I am hoping I will be able to buff it out later.

I finished making the front rail and realized the parts kit I purchased was missing the takedown level spring. Now I have to jump on ebay and pay $15 to get a spring and a bunch of extra parts I do not need.
>>
>>42032189
Cr10s with a couple minor upgrades... it’s treated me well so far
>>
>>42032578
You could probably fill in the cracks just fine with a little bit of crazy glue and a piece of cardboard to smooth it out.
>>
>>42032578
beaut
>>
>>42032775
Would you say the CR-10s is better than the baseline CR-10? If so, by how much?
>>
>>42033072
Not him but a fellow cr10s owner. I found the biggest benefit for me was not needing to install a bootloader to flash the firmware for the printer. This allowed me to raise the max temp past 260 to print nylon at 270/275 with some 10$ capricorn-xs tubing on sale instead of having to spend 60+ on an all metal hotend or risk heat-creep with a china clone. All this could be done on the Cr10 but you need special hardware to install a bootloader before you can flash the firmware and that's money.
>>42032775
>>42031196
Man we fucking love you too buddy. I got so many questions whats this made out of? It looks like plain PLA to me. What'd you use to line the barrel? How much CAD experience do you have? I can print but I'm trying to motivate myself to learn the engineering side now. Fuck now im going to be refreshing this thread and the catalog all day long tomorrow.

Can you feel it? The /k/ube grows stronger
>>
>>
>>42034298
Did warfairy ever find a short buffer this works with
>>
>>42034317
Says it only really works with bufferless setups, like an ARAK. Looks super comfy though.
http://www.printedfirearm.com/hanuman-3d-printed-bullpup-rifle/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanuman_AR-15_Bullpup
>>
Was the Gluty ever finalized?
>>
>>42034465
Well
There's footage of it working
>>
>>42034465
there will forever be revisions, thats how these things work.
>>
>>42003054
This may be a dumb question but if I bought an glock 80% and 3D printed the rest would it work? What material would I need?
>>
>>42035566
With a 80% you would need to purchase the lower/upper parts kit and a complete slide. While you could print a glock reference model, it would blow up when you tried to fire it.

What you want to do is buy the parts kit and complete slide and print a 100% frame, ignoring the P80 completely.
>>
>>42035936
so i should print the entire frame and buy a real glock slide with the internal parts? What printing material would be needed? where could i find a scheme to print the frame?
>>
>>42035945
PLA works fine. Depending on which model you print you will need to mill out DIY rails or purchase them. I've noticed two different rail models, DIY, which you can make/purchase for $25, and SS80 rails, which you can buy for $20.

There are other gun frames that do not require you to mill out rails if you are okay with it not being a glock.

You can find the files on the Defense Distributed github. Make sure you read the readme so you know which rails you need and how to properly print the frame.
>>
You cant print a gun! Stop printing guns! There's no way someone can print a gun on a printer that costs less than $500000! I'm an expert and I have a 3d printer and I know you can't do it so stop talking about it. 3d printers are gimmicks and you simply can't print a firearm. Even if you could print a lower or frame, why would you want to? 3d printers are so useless surely your part would explode into a million pieces when fired. So don't print any guns and don't make threads talking about printing guns, or where to find files for 3d printed guns. I'm a machinist with 20 years of experience and there's no point in trying to make a gun without a full size lathe, mill, and 02/07 ffl so don't bother.

Since it can't be done please stop discussing it and make another tripfag containment thread or post memes instead so these threads will fall off.
>>
>>42035986
which guns would you suggest for a first timer? I just named the glock cause its the most popular lower to buy and i figured it would be the most popular/common for this sort of thing?
>>
>>42035988
ATF putting tax dollars into good work i see, try concealing yourself better next time, you glow
>>
>>42036000
If you were any denser, you'd collapse into a black hole of stupidity.
>>
>>42035997
I haven't printed a glock yet. They are not worth the price to me at the moment.

The good thing about glocks are parts availability. With the other guns you will have to possibly wait or get lucky. If you want a glock, but do not want to purchase rails, you can print rails for a glock chambered in .22.

I printed the M&P Shield first. No DIY rails, you just put the parts in. You may have to look around for parts though.

There are also the Tec-9/AB-10 receivers that do not require any DIY rails. You are looking at $200-$300 for parts.

Not a handgun, but you can print a Ruger 10/22 receiver. Parts seem to be plentiful and relatively cheap.

If you want an AR you can go that route too. Someone just posted an AR-9 lower which should be compatible with the new printable glock mags. There are also lowers in .556 and .22.
>>
>>42035988
I know this is a joke, obviously, but it has been a common opinion until recently. Everytime someone wanted to discuss 3d printing, some random anon would screech about the greatness of Lutys and four winds shotguns.

This is now changing. The FGC 9 is soon to be released, and today we'll see the double action revolver made by an anon at /k/ be released. There has been work on a 3d printed shotgun, the 9k Liberator I believe it was named, but it was not succesfull. But we'll problaby see one by the end of the year or early next year if development continues at its currenct phase despite futile attempts at sabotage (like banning det_disp at reddit and twitter).

And unlike fosscad, det_disp does not lick the boot.
>>
>>42036059
>>42035988 pretended to be retarded and so did I, its a joke summerfag, relax
>>
>>42036100
>(like banning det_disp at reddit and twitter)
Sasuga
>And unlike fosscad, det_disp does not lick the boot.
Uh, what?
I had a few disagreements with the guy who ran the IRC, but I don't recall any bootlicking. What happened?
>>
>>42036063
so, full parts and slide kit, ss80 rails and the DDgithub files for the full frame and do it in PLA.... sounds ok, will it be durable for a while or is it a short term meme, sounds too good to be true desu
>>
>>42036130
It looks like the only glock frame that uses SS80 rails is a G43. Funnily enough, its the one in OP's image.

If you want a fullsize you can buy the DIY rails at spookyrails, but they currently only accept bitcoin.

The only issue I have heard of with longevity was the AR-15 lowers cracking near the buffer tube at 2000~ rounds. That's been fixed with a model revision though. Honestly, if the frame were to crack, you can print another one for $2.
>>
>>42036118
Sarcasm isn't pretending to be retarded.
>>
>>42036170
sounds good man thanks! i cant seem to find the Defense Distributed files you mentioned, i may be on the wrong website but i only see premade stuff for purchase, no actual downloadable files.. any links you have?
>>
>>42036200
https://github.com/maduce/fosscad-repo/
>>
>>42036206
https://github.com/maduce/fosscad-repo/tree/master/Pistols/Glock-G43_SS80_Pistol_Frame-freemendontask

so if i printed this and put the purchasable internal parts, rails and slide on it that would be that?
>>
File: gun-cluster.jpg (38 KB, 750x1334)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>42036212
i dunno anything about glock 80%s, thats the OP though. The readme says you'll need some 80% fitting kit as well as the parts kit
>Parts Required
>G43 OEM Parts Kit
>SS80 Builders Tool Set
>>
>>42036235
thats what i mean, ill pring 80% of the lower, use the kit to complete it and then buy insides,rails and slide from amazon and be set. time to set up a vpn and get shoppin boys
>>
>>42036318
Manufacturing guns you may lawfully own for personal use is 100% legal in Canada and the US.
>>
>>42036318
>>42036327
in the USA you can't cross state lines with them, theoretically like with stamped stuff.
>>
>>42036332
This is the first I have heard of this?
>>
>>42036389
well the theoretical reason the ATF can't get involved is because it's not interstate which is literally the only thing the feds can ever touch. once you're crossing states then you're in federal jurisdiction and they want to rape you for doing these things (they haven't yet) because they want to. doesn't mean it wouldn't be legal then too, just that is the simplest level of legal basis where they literally cannot test it.
>>
>>42036403
>interstate commerce
I hate how the government uses that shit for blatantly unconstitutional power grabs.
>>
>>42036413
only really ever happened the once (weed) and it's arguably legal. it's already been de facto reversed too with all these states saying 'fuck you legalize it 420.' Doubt they'd be stupid enough to come after guns that way because they don't have enough guns to enforce anything like that.
>>
>>42036425
The drug war needs to end.
The Fed uses "interstate commerce" to fuck with the various states with Firearm Freedom Acts.
>>
>>42036425

Read up on wickard v filburn. The feds can make anything fall within the purview of interstate commerce because even if you don't participate in interstate commerce by staying in your state, you're participating in interstate commerce by not participating in interstate commerce.
>>
>>42036893
that is the underlying theory yes. that's why 1 weed plant for personal was interestate commerce. That does not go as far as they want though. Testing it in court might legitimately risk the ATF getting unmade altogether if theres a constitutional ruling that pre-empts the legislated ones, unrelated to commerce at all.

Literally governing with the will of the people or not at all.
>>
>>42036921
it goes far enough to fuck someone over for planting 11 acres of wheat for personal use. if applicable for that what is it not applicable to.
>>
>>42036972
theres no guarantee to keep government hands off wheat in the constitution. i think that had been government regulated since at least rome.
>>
>>42035566
>can i just make all the metal parts out of 3d printed plastic?
>>
>>42036403
Just so I understand. You are basing this on the fact you believe the ATF wants to fuck all gun owners? Even though manufacturing for yourself is legal you think if you crossed state lines with them they would use a bullshit excuse to fuck you?

I am not disagreeing with you, just trying to understand your post.
>>
>>42037508
I'm saying that they could use that as a legal justification to fuck with you, yes. Not saying they could succeed or that they would risk failure. There's nothing stopping them from writing edicts making illegal specific home-manufacturing things except their inability to enforce them without justification. Even with zero justification just investigating/confiscating/bringing you to court and LOSING would fuck you enough so they probably could do that either way if there weren't big existential risks. The interstate commerce clause is the federales' go to justification.

I don't know that they would want to fuck anyone personally as much as wanting to be empowered to fuck more people should they so choose. That goes for any bureaucracy.
>>
>>42037508
yes, the ATF wants to fuck all gun owners. They use bullshit excuses to murder your wife in front of your eyes, kill your children, shoot your dogs, burn down buildings with several dozen people inside of them, and then be rewarded for it. If they run out of ideas to fuck gun owners, they'll make shit up to fuck gun owners just because (see: classifying 7N6 ammunition with a mild steel core as "armor piercing" and banning its importation because in Poland you could buy an AK-74 pistol). They exist solely to be a boot stamping on the face of all pro-2nd amendment people
>>
I want to get a Creality Ender 3 (not the Pro), and I've heard you can get upgrade parts for the regular 3 so that it makes less noise, it doesn't lose level as fast, etc. Does anyone who has upgraded their Ender 3 have recommendations, or do you think I should just buy it, mess with it for a while, then decide what to get from there?
I only ask this because I've heard from some sources, such as IvanTheTroll, that the Ender 3 Pro's upgrades aren't as worth it versus the standard Ender 3. Of course, to each his own, but I'm just starting out and I don't want to be one of those faggots who blows a lot of money on something he's just starting out on, but I don't want to pass on common sense upgrades (like springs to keep the feet from losing level).
>>
>>42037597
I almost forgot! They also get to pass arbitrary laws without any oversight or input from Congress (yknow, the government body that's supposed to pass actual laws), and if you take them to court over it the court defers to the ATF to ask them if they feel they were enforcing the law they enacted properly. This is called the Auer defense, and a case challenging this went up in front of the current Supreme Court and lost.
>>
>>42037597
Imports are all still subject to sporting purposes requirement, 7N6 was effectively never suitable for import. You can still make 7N6 identical ammo in the USA today though.
>>
>>42037628
lick that boot some more
that would also mean AK and nugget ammo were never suitable for import. and you can't challenge the ATF's rulings on what's suitable for import because when it goes to court the judge will ask the ATF if they believe their ruling is correct, the ATF says yes, and you lose the case.
>>
>>42037713
Never said they were right just everyone thinks it's muh armor piercing when in actuality it was some stupid arbitrary procedural fuckup by an importer that was the only challenge ever. You can totally challenge the ATF rulings in court today but nobody ever does because frankly nobody except extreme poors give a fuck about shitty soviet ammo when US ammo exists.
>>
>>42037551
>>42037597
Alright, thanks.

>>42037610
Get the Ender 3, mess with it awhile, and you will see what you want to change as you get further into it. I do not have an Ender 3, but the upgrades seem to be quality of life ones, not major game changers that you will absolutely need. There is an upgrade guide on det_disp keybase if you decide to go that way. You can even go to /3DPG/ on /DIY/.
>>
>>42037610

I bought an ender 3 and threw a bunch of upgrades at it.

If you buy a bltouch or ezabl and solid bed mounts you will never have to level it again, but you'll also need an arduino to flash a boot loader onto the board and update the firmware. It's actually very easy but just make sure you understand not everything is plug and play.

Buy the higher tension orange springs (a couple of bucks), a mirror tile from ikea to use as a print bed (like $6), and a metal extruder ($10-12). That's pretty much it for shit you "need". The springs will makes it so you need to level less often, glass is easy mode to print on with PLA and PETG, and the metal extruder is good because filament will eventually damage the stock plastic one over time (although it works fine).

The stock unit comes with an 0.4mm nozzle and is fine to do PLA, ABS, and PETG. If you want to do Nylons you'll need an all metal "hot end". You can buy a plug and play replacement from Microswiss, a chinese clone from Triangle Labs, or split the difference and buy from th3d (a small american company selling some handy parts kits and they're super helpful if you need assistance, so I buy from them instead of direct from chinamen). You can also get a "V6" hot end but they're honestly more temperamental than the microswiss and its knockoffs, and you'll need to print mounts and parts for it.

I've spent hundreds on my ender 3 after getting it but it has been a lot of fun. I'm not quite at the level of expense for a Prusa, but getting there. That said I have multi material capability, which the Prusa cannot do stock.
>>
>>42037970
I just went to the Creality site and saw they were having a deal that lasts until tomorrow for 10% off, so I decided to buy it. I'll keep your suggestions for upgrades in mind. Thanks!
>>
45 cal. Vs 9mm
What do you prefer?
>>
Wheres the pump action revolver shotgun?
>>
>>42039265
The Liberator 12k?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJKABc1vUEU
>>
>>42039277
Thanks. Excitedly waiting for the release.
>>
>>42039277
>>
File: output2.png (3.89 MB, 2140x1739)
3.89 MB
3.89 MB PNG
Has anyone tried printing pic related?
>>
>>42039638
the guy above says it kinda sucks
>>
>>42039638
A friend printed one and I tried it. It's surprisingly not the worst gun I used. It's primitive, but it works. I wouldn't use it in self-defense nor to assassinate people, I guess it's only good for being a cool kid with a printed gun, and usable for plinking at best.

Still, that's the only truly 3D printed gun worth shit so far. Printing frames or 20%ing them isn't the same thing as it still requires countless gun parts that are regulated about anywhere outside of America. The dream is you could print a gun entirely at home, and the PM522 is the closest it gets, and even then you still need ammo, and then it's 22LR in a short barrel.

Anything else either requires gun parts that are regulated in most places in the world and can't be obtained, or needs extra machining that would be put to better use building a STEN. I'm not certain where 3D printing is going, but so far it's going nowhere.
>>
>>42040015
I'm surprised nobody is using the old quarter-inch brakeline trick.
>>
>>42040090
>quarter-inch brakeline trick
could you elaborate?
quick google turned up nothing on it
>>
>>42040103
.22LR fits nicely in quarter inch rigid brakeline. You can easily flare it a little and press it into a cylinder or trunnion with a printed geared press.
There's also /k/'s patented hardened bolt barrels, but that's more involved and needs good drill bits.
>>
>>42040138
thanks
do you know any other tricks for barrels?
>>
>>42040154
That's it for now, stay safe
>>
>>42032578
Bad fucking ass
>>
>>42040164
uwah
would thick pvc pipe be able to withstand the pressure of homemade shotgun shells with something like armstrong or black powder?
>>
>>42040184
>would thick pvc pipe be able to withstand the pressure of homemade shotgun shells with something like armstrong or black powder?
I wouldn't try it. Stick to steel pipe.
>>
File: i don't think so tim.png (143 KB, 500x522)
143 KB
143 KB PNG
>>42040184
>>
>>42040184
pvc is very brittle
>>
>>42041125
can you get abs or something? i dont want it to withstand anything with killing power and plastic pipe is far cheaper and easier to deal with for experimenting
>>
>>42005435
Try EveryGunPart. They do a lot of demills and you can find bits and parts for just about any gun.
>>
>>42041136
>can you get abs or something?
ABS is even fucking worse dude
t. spudgunner
>>
>>42041271
so is pvc the best i can get?
could i reinforce it somewhat?
>>
>>42041338
I really, seriously wouldn't try it
1/2" Sch40 can only take up to about 300PSI of sustained pressure and it doesn't respond to shock well
Salvage some pipe from a junkyard and you'll be much safer
>>
>>42022174
Seems like the Prusa is worth the money if you can afford it.
>>
>>42036318
>place orders behind vpn
>order shipped to and addressed tied to you
>with an account tied to you (unless memecoin)
>>
>>42036332
>>42036403
This is utter bullshit. Feds had no problem arresting Kansas guys for items that never left the state, and it’s settle case law that you can create your own firearms as long as you don’t mfg them with the intent to sell them. You can still sell them, however, after you serialize them properly.
>>
Anons - to gun buybacks pay for frames only?

>print tens of frames
>stroll up to gun buyback in your least favorite commie urban hellhole or New Zealand
>get paid
>wipe out city resources for purchase of other firearms
>>
>>42041696
Just make .22s with brakeline barrels.
>>
Anyone knows how should I search these kinds of guns on youtube? Searching "3d printed gun with original barrel" doesn't give me shit
>>
>>42041807
find the link from a Thursday post in this thread referencing a podcast, lots of good info and links
>>
>>42040015
Actual firearms have been in development for the better part of a millennia and look where we are now, the first 3D printed gun was made 6 years ago and now we have designs that are something like 40% 3d printed and printable magazines
Give it a decade
>>
>>42041964
*60%
>>
File: GunOwnersOfMaine301.jpg (17 KB, 320x323)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>42004899
Holy fuckin shit.

>>42003054
I know there are Deterrence Dispensed made Glock 17's. There are Glock 19's? I don't know Glocks well enough to understand what the diff is between a 17 or a 19. But I saw a 17L once and I kind of want to build/print one. Can you 3D print a 17L as well as a 17?
Should I buy a printer and print a 19 or a 17?
>>
>>42042693
No 19 yet, but its in the works.

You got your standard G17, G43, G26, and a G26L that uses the G19 slide. A quick google search will tell you the differences between all of them. They all requires rails you either make yourself or purchase.
>>
>>42028964
What is the rail on the lower called?
>>
>>42043207
M1913 picatinny
You know that shit's easy to buy on its own right
>>
>>42043356
They can get expensive, like $5 a piece. Better to 3D print them.
>>
File: 1435546265418-1.jpg (528 KB, 990x660)
528 KB
528 KB JPG
>>42025284
>>42025284
>>42028087
Flip here, yes both can be true, back in the day where you can buy scrap parts from small gun companies but I am pretty sure Armscor would not be selling their scraps to anyone anymore.

You have to remember, the 1911 is an old firearm and people maintained 1911s with custom made parts and learning how to fabricate them by scratch after ww2 while some of the videos floating around about the jungle 1911's are old, they are hand fitted and probably won't fit commercial 1911's. Also Yes, I do love the 1911 because muh two world wars and stoppan powah
>>
File: 1435426693624-0.jpg (34 KB, 570x379)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>42043535
forgot to mention I'll probably do a CAD file of a AR10 lower that's been modified to accept G3 mags in the future but there are more important things to buy lmoa
>>
>>42005031
Where is it? When I look it up I just get FOSSCAD which does not have an M&P Shield in it.
>>
>>42043667
You're blind.

https://github.com/maduce/fosscad-repo/tree/master/Pistols/9mm-M%26P_Shield_Pistol_Frame-FreeMenDontAsk
>>
>>42043567
>AR10 lower that takes G3 mags
Sounds cool dude
>>
here are links to tons of stuff
https://archive.org/details/@the_mad_wizard?and%5B%5D=gun&sort=-downloads
and the one stop shop for all gun designer's
https://archive.org/details/FIREARMSDESIGNANDMANUFACTURING
>>
>>42004276
Those designs are shit.
Also deterrence dispensed is just one NEET, freemen don't ask tasked him with file distribution but he fucked up got banned from Twitter and reddit and now 3d guns are dead
>>
File: fgc9.jpg (268 KB, 2683x2340)
268 KB
268 KB JPG
>>42034465
no idea but there's another project based on it that's supposed to be released soon, pic related (barrel is missing for some reason but it's DIY as well)
>>
>>42044563
>namefag
>being this wrong
Checks out.
>>
>>42041643
Source? Also not contradicting anything there.
>>
>>42044756
Yeah I'm sure 62 idiot reeee.trds on speed.ch are really going to revolutionize some shit.

You're one Google de-listing away from being irrelevant forever

Maybe you should shit out a poorly written book like cody
>>
>>42044823
you sound upset
>>
>>42044786
https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/does-individual-need-license-make-firearm-personal-use
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/926A
>>
>>42044823

Oh look, it's the resident retarded namefag who shows up in every one of these threads to pretend he knows something about the subject.

I'd say you glow, but you're too dumb even for that. Its more like you're upset that you aren't part of something and are throwing shade on people who are making news for doing it instead.
>>
>>42044823
>using search engines
>not spreading the link in other ways
>not using social media to spread awareness
>not printing out QR codes and sticking them to every suitable public surface within 3 square miles
It's like you've never even heard of the word "anti-fragile" kiddo
>>
>>42043667
he probably meant deterrence distributed.
>>
>>
>>42046400
Its actually the fosscad github. Then there's defense distributed and deterrence dispensed, but I think only fosscad is updated.
>>
https://www.gunbroker.com/Item/821658664

Does this come with everything I'd need to finish a printed frame?
>>
>>42047162
>https://www.gunbroker.com/Item/821658664
Looks like it, yeah. Seems to be complete, with only the frame missing.
>>
Good thread, guys.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.