[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: FB_IMG_1557526044148-1.jpg (79 KB, 1080x1202)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
I covertly want to send an AR 15 to the Netherlands via mail. This is illegal in the Netherlands but I wonder if I break United States law doing this? I want to know if I can legally do this and not get into trouble.
>>
>>41488367
If the weapon parts are ITAR controlled, which they likely are, you could theoretically be breaking US law by exporting them without approval from the State Dept. Obviously this pales in comparison to the legal dismemberment you’d receive by trying to smuggle a weapon into Western Europe.
>>
>>41488367
You know ARs are legal to buy and own in swamp germany right?
>>
>>41488389
Only with a permit. The permit comes with a set of regulations that I morally oppose opose to as I believe in uninfringable gun rights.
>>
>>41488394
Apparently, it’s significantly easier to smuggle weapons into Europe through the Balkans. Of course, you’d still be breaking US federal law by exporting American-designed weapons components anywhere.
>>
>>41488394
Basic bitch sporter permits allow up to 5 semi auto guns with no barrel length restrictions, bayonet lug shit, or hassle with suppressors. For the average sport shooter the laws are more forgiving than the US regarding features. You get the added bonus of being able to order directly from manufacturers because we don't have FFL-tier shit going on here. Unfortunately the self defense laws do not lend well to gun ownership, same for mere handling.

For collector permits you can virtually own any small arm or cannon, but you need approval for every individual weapon in cat II.
>>
>>41488367
Y not just send an 80 percent lower, a finishing jig, and a build kit? That’s all legal to mail in the us
>>
How do you plan to send your parts? Anything going on an airplane, especially for international flights gets X-rayed. Even disassembled you run a very high risk of customs noticing.

Small parts like the FCG aren't a big deal, those can be obfuscated easily among other metal pieces like nuts and bolts. Label the box as specialty fasteners or something.

The receiver(and other non pressure bearing parts, ie grip & stock) can be 3D printed in country of destination(but its pricy to get a decent enough rig, Zytel at the minimum is recommended, those run about $700), and even then its going to be weak without metal reinforcement in the buffer tube area. I have more info on this if you want links.

Something like this would be stronger and cheaper, and just look like a bunch of sheet metal pieces upon closer look, but the destination person has to know how to weld and have the gear.
https://www.theflatspot.net/ar-lower-flat.html
I assume sending an 80% and jig wouldn't work because even though they're not technically firearms in the US, that wouldn't fly in other countries. Canada recently banned them if I recall.

The stock, buffer tube and spring, pistol grip and maybe sights I assume can be bought without restriction or substituted with airsoft stuff, but again its weaker. If not then you could send the buffer tube mixed in with camping gear, and it could resemble the aluminum tubes used for storage of tent spikes or stuff it inside a 4 D cell maglight. The spring, who cares, its a spring.
>>
>>41488535
Other countries are a complete no-go for unfinished lowers, its like thinking you can ship weed overseas cause its legal in some states.
Also EU and most other countries gun laws ban selling the pressure bearing parts of guns like the barrels and bolts as those are the hardest parts to DIY accurately. This is unlike the US which defines the gun as the receiver housing the fire control group, so you can't have the convenient method of buying a barreled upper and throwing it on a DIY lower.

>>41488550
con't

So that leaves the hardest parts, the BCG and barrel, both are steel and large enough to stick out like a sore thumb in X-ray, and are obviously weapon parts that even an inept customs inspector would recognize, unlike some of the smaller things like the hammer/springs etc.

How would you or anyone else propose to send those? I'm really curious as I imagine the apparent ideas like hiding it inside a waterpipe wouldn't work, unless you're sending a giant bundle of a dozen long sections of pipe together, which would have astronomical shipping costs, and even then it might attract suspicion as you're obviously not an industrial supplier. Sending just one section of pipe as a non-commercial entity would be a dead giveaway. Maybe hidden among auto parts like a solid axle? But again costs are insane, and I've heard that will still get scrutiny.

What about the magazines and ammunition as well?
>>
>>41488367
Not so covert anymore, now that you announced it online.
>>
File: not-aivd-30154975.png (264 KB, 500x506)
264 KB
264 KB PNG
>>41488626
>>
>>41488587
I was thinking about puttinh it all in a toolbox at the lower end. There wouls be so much steel the xray would blacken the gun parts.
>>
>>41488550
Also, a full length rifle tube looks far less conspicuous than a carbine one. You could easily screw a plastic cap on the threaded end, run a lanyard loop through the hole on the opposite one and it looks exactly like a tent stake holder or some other storage tube.

https://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/receiver-parts/buffer-tube-parts/buffer-tubes/ar-15-rifle-buffer-tube-kit-prod105047.aspx

Heres the link about printing receivers and gun stuff in general
https://snew.notabug.io/r/Defense_Distributed/comments/b1lttm/is_there_an_absolute_beginners_guide_to_3d/

>>41488684
That might actually work, you'd need a shorter barrel though, 11.5 inch would be perfect. Get one thats shiny or unfinished, not parkerized and black, that screams "gun barrel". If you put it alongside or tried to disguise it as a breaker bar or torque wrench it might pass.

>There wouls be so much steel the xray would blacken the gun parts.

They're going to visually inspect a toolbox, I absolutely guarantee it. Get a smaller knockoff pelican looking box, not an old fashioned red toolbox with everything scattered in it loosely, thats going to trash everything inside and will be suspect. Cut foam for the drawers and fill it with cheapo harbor freight junk, shouldn't be more than a $100. Put the barrel in the lower drawer and if you're crafty you can figure out a way to disguise as a BB/torque wrench, or maybe even this- a slide hammer/gear puller
https://www.toolsource.com/images/prod_images/148895.jpg

You might able to hide the bolt and carrier with the toolbox method, I'd go so far as to recommend taking it apart completely and hiding the firing pin and bolt among smaller metal things as recommended >>41488550 , including removing the gas key from the top. The person at the other end will have to properly retorque and stake it, preferable with new fasteners.
>>
>>41488587
>This is illegal in the Netherlands but I wonder if I break United States law
OP Acknowledged he is breaking euro law, I think he just wanted to comply with US law
>>
Finally, don't put EVERYTHING in one box though, thats retarded and increases your risk of getting caught almost certainly. You might have to do 2 or even 3 packages, sent a few days or weeks apart for added safety.

Imagine one box with camping gear(hiding disguised buffer tube, some FCG parts like hammer, pins and springs, maybe bolt)
Then toolbox method with barrel mocked up as tool, maybe STRIPPED bolt carrier but its risky.
And another box of auto parts or other hardware containing whatever misc stuff not included in previous ones, like buffer spring, or maybe carrier, try to hide it as something that doesn't look obviously like an AR bolt carrier.

Good luck dude, and please post if this works or not in the future,(if you're comfortable with sharing, I know that sounds like honeypot). I'd be very curious to know if you succeed, and if not then its useful info regardless as to what they are looking for, and what package they stopped.
>>
>>41488804
Will do,

Thanks all for the help
>>
>>41488804
Oh yah, forgot to mention don't bother trying to send stripped lower, theres no way to easily disguise that. Receiving person is on their own to make/obtain one, but its easy. People have made AR lowers out of plastic cutting boards, or wooden 2x4s and they function. Google it for pics and videos. Also with US law, the receiver is by law the firearm part, so you run into much more potential legal trouble including that. Everything else not so much I believe.
>>
This story reminds me of one I once heard from a Vietnam vet about someone he knew over there who managed to ship an M-16 back to his wife in the States piece by piece over the course of a few months. She went to a local gunsmith, had it reassembled, and shipped it back to him in Vietnam - which was also her way of telling him she wanted a divorce.

So he ended up getting both court-martialed *and* divorced. In Vietnam, no less. Bummer.
>>
>>41488367
>>41488550
>>41488587
all gun parts but receivers are unrestricted items in Canada, and can be bought by anyone, and shipped to a PO box, it will cost more but it may be easier to get parts out of country.

No ITAR, but we do have some export restrictions but they are looser, compared to Americans and our border/airport security are not as 'competent' As the Americas (anecdotal; but I've set off metal detectors at major airports and have been just waved through, no having to take off shoes, and a number of the metal detectors at YYZ have not be sensitive enough and having steal toe boots, belt, and phone in pocked did not set it off.)

NOTE THAT I DO NOT CONDONE BREAKING ANY LAW
>>
>>41488550
In most Euro cunts lowers are unregulated and free to buy.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.