[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 980x.jpg (47 KB, 640x360)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
MARINES ON LSD EDITION

>LEEING ABOUT MEDICAL HISTORY = BIG YES
>LEEING ABOUT CRIMINAL HISTORY = THEY KNOW

>Do your own research to start, then come here for clarification.
>No vague questions, like "What job is best?"

https://discord.gg/hmnCCTb
/meg/ official discord

https://pastebin.com/0K6MFcUZ
Guides to prepare for high-speed shit. (SEAL, Ranger etc.)

Resources:
Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

http://www.sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

http://www.corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff.

http://www.uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

https://www.airwarriors.com/community/
>Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

http://www.usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/prerequ/woft.shtml
US Army High school to Flight school

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
>http://pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

>Should I go Navy Enlisted Nuke?
Maybe.
http://i.imgur.com/FZ0Q9q4.png
tl;dr: Long hard school, long work hours, with good job prospects. It's definitely not for everyone or even most people in general.

CG info
https://www.gocoastguard.com/family-and-friends/the-helmsman/required-knowledge

ASVAB for Dummys
https://mega.nz/#!XuhSWQgb!ycwEyBz1J-DZx_GOsAxmSQCduAImNuzTRswqfRb-x-w

READ THIS BEFORE ASKING CLEARANCE QUESTIONS
https://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF86.pdf
>>
getting my ppl. will the air force give me a pilot job if i have one? will they pay for my school?
>>
Is there anyone you can talk to if you feel hopeless & suicidal but don’t wanna get stretched out by the BGW?
>>
>>40862438
Yee, there's like 80,000 different suicide prevention programs in the army, just look into them and find which one is right for you. Most of them are entirely confidential. Same for Chaplin visits. Hang in there buddy, you only have to sweep the MP for so long.
>>
>>40862349
The United States Army is the only branch where you can actually choose the job you get, it's a big reason why I chose the army. Every other branch will just send you as the needs of that branch demand. If there's an open pilot spot, you can put it as your preference sure. Best have a 99 asvab if you want to get it tho, because it goes to the highest bidder and every mf wants to be a pilot.
>>
File: cat 8.jpg (63 KB, 640x853)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>40862338
I want to re-up.
Used to be 42A but didn't enjoy it.
How is 74D? It looks interesting, though there is little info online about its entirety.
>>
When does the new army PT test go into effect?
>>
>>40862701
Dont dude you will spend your entire career being a S3 bitch.
>>
>>40862709
Beginning of the fiscal year
>>
File: 1510654992576.jpg (161 KB, 850x601)
161 KB
161 KB JPG
What's the best branch and job in the US to join if I don't want to work with females, niggers, spics, or leftists?
>>
>>40863045
every branch has those, i would say any SOCOM unit.... but even then there are blacks and latinos and other people who make it through, also keep in mind you will find every variety of asshole and shitbag in the military, being with a predominantly white unit isnt a going to ensure a good functioning and respectable unit and command. like i said id wager spec ops is the way to go. id go army 11x option 40. or 18x if you are a stud.
>>
File: 4573-768x511.jpg (78 KB, 768x511)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>>40862349
WOFT nibba here, AMA

Accepted into Army Street to Seat WOFT and currently DEPping.

HMU on the /MEG/ discord if i miss a question or if you wanna talk, I'm there frequently. https://discord.gg/hmnCCTb
>>
does it matter what bank you use when you're setting up direct deposit?
>>
Going for 19D in Nat Guard and then plan on doing school full time to pursue my RN when I'm stateside.
How realistic is this? Basically just got a little blackpilled cause a bunch of people online were like "they're going to fuck up your school year." That and it seems that they're doing way more drills than the recruiter is saying, some guy talked about doing a year's worth of MUTAs in like 7 months.
If I just stick to weekdays for my classes I should be fine right?
Also recruiter has been trying to push me into 11B but someone on here told me to do cav just because they had the broadest training out of infantry (inb4 cav aren't infantry). The broad training as well as learning operations and reconnaissance and a bunch of other stuff was really appealing, but then I ran into a bunch of 11B's talking shit about cav's and it made me kind of concerned. No CIB, no cord, and instead have to wear a fuckin cowboy hat? Gay. But then at the end of the day those are just aesthetics so I guess it's no biggie. The training is what I'm really interested in as well as the tempo of the job should I get deployed.
Anyway was just curious what if there was anyone in the guard here that had thoughts about doing school fulltime while being in with it.
>>
Can anyone tell me what it is/was like to be a merchant marine? I'm mostly interested in career opportunities outside of it and how intensive the training and attitude is.
>>
Rundown on Army Intel?
Is 35F the way to go?
>>
>>40862472
Nothing in this post is true.
Go away recruiter.
>>
>>40863203
Well I joined the Navy with a good asvab, and you do have some choice in the matter. You can select what job you'd be interested in by category.

Granted, I can't say "I want to be X" and they'll make that happen. But you can have a preference and narrow down your field.
>>
>>40862349
Having your PPL gives you a big leg up but it's still competitive since OTS doesn't have many pilot slots.
>>
File: 1551373787460.jpg (84 KB, 640x780)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
>>40862338
Anybody have the AFI or memo that dictictates air Force tech school training policy and requirements?
>>
>>40863773
It's dependent on the tech school. Which one are you looking at?
>>
>>40863480
No
>>
how the fuck does U.S health care work, I need an $8000 surgery before I can join but my job doesn't offer health insurance.
>>
>>40863811
>job doesn't offer health insurance
You must be working part-time or some bullshit.

How old are you?
>>
>>40863817
>>
>>40863826
Pretty sure you can stay on your parents insurance until 24.
>>
>>40863782
Okay?
>>
1 less post
>>
>>40863875
Alrighty?
>>
>>40863874
I'm not in contact with them
>>
Alright lads, I've got a question if this isn't US only general, I'm from Slovakia and I've got no direction in life and fucking depressed but pretty fit, if I want to see some action should I join my own army or do some shit like join the FFL or fly to US to join there
>>
>>40863893
Then you're SOL unless you get a job with health insurance or someone to pay for it.

Whats the surgery for?

>>40863956
Good luck joining the US Military as a foreigner. You wont see action as a slovak, and the FFL is popular with eastern yuropeons but its a pretty shitty time and you will get treated like a 2nd class citizen.
>>
>>40862701
There was a 74D in my company that did everything a 42A did with the added responsibility of maintaining and issuing gas masks. Don't do it.
>>
>>40864025
Fuck that's bad news, although I heard the treatment in FFL is trash I seriously consider it
>>
I ship out in a week and a half. Is my fiancée gonna be able to see me off at the airport? Would like to get one last hug and kiss in before I eventually get jodied during OSUT
>>
>>40862709
Oct. 2020
>>
Hi /meg/, I need your advice. I'm in the process of joining the USAF, but I have an old debt that's preventing what level of security clearance I can get. One option I have is to pay it if completely, which would take me at 2-3 months in addition to the time it's going to take to finalize everything at MEPS. The other option is to just take the lower level security clearance. Is there any resource to tell me what specific jobs I would be barred from without a top security clearance? Also, do I have to pay the debt off completely or will getting into a repayment plan satisfy the requirements I need?
>>
>>40864025
I'm not a super poorfag, I've got about $10k saved, I just don't want to wipe out almost all my savings before basic.

Surgery is to fix the airflow of my nose, I could probably make it through basic but I'd have shit tier PT and be huffing and puffing hard as a fatty.
>>
>>40864123
http://www.foreverwingman.com/air-force-career-fields-requiring-top-secret/
Is this list accurate? If so, I'm not really worried about locked out of the top secrete clearance and I'll probably just go ahead with my enlistment without worrying about the debt situation.
>>
File: 1547742854094.jpg (174 KB, 448x484)
174 KB
174 KB JPG
>>40862338
aside from 11b infantry, what are some other cool combat arms related jobs in the army?
>>
>>40864178
What branch. If you can do the PT before the surgery then just join and get the surgery done after training. Any medical procedure you get done prior will work against you in MEPs. Tough it out if you can.
>>
>>40864277
19k you get to work with tanks downside is you become a humongous douche bag
19d you do the same stuff an armored or mechanized infantryman does but you wear a funny hat sometimes and get bitter and defensive when accused of being a pog
18x you become a cook lol
>>
>>40864367
You forgot another thing about 19D, which is that you become an enormous semen slurper. There’s no cure. You’ll be bullied by infantrymen too
>>
>>40863492
Boring powerpoints all day. But you are technically responsible for choices that might get hundreds of people killed if you fuck up. And TS clearance will get your foot in the door almost everywhere. If you’re interested in technical writing (writing “For Dummies” books) it’ll offer some experience.
>>
File: 1509006363302.png (148 KB, 640x480)
148 KB
148 KB PNG
prior service here

I want to reenlist back in as a 13F and work my way to RASP. Anyone have exp on coming back in?
>>
>>40864587
Don’t
>>
Outside of being a pilot (I have garbage eyes) where can officers find the most camaraderie and least amount of backstabbing? I'm not interested in making it a career, so I'm not too concerned about advancement.
>>
>>40862701
It's all unit dependant really, most line units will have you work in the O room like a bitch. Going to a chem unit prevents that since you'll be surrounded by other 74s and do recon and decon stuff. Going to a SOCOM unit also gets you out of doing 42 shit MOST of the time. It's all luck of the draw really, the job itself is fine tho, HAZMAT is great fun, just wish I actually did that stuff outside of AIT...anyways I can answer whatever questions you have about being a 74D
>>
>>40864608
In a situation where going back would be for the best unfortunately so I figure I'm gonna make the most of it
>>
>>40864088
You get cucked as a trainee
>>
>>40864609
Don't be an officer please. We want officers who want to be there and can do their jobs. Not lazy fuckers that hide and do fuck all just to have another bulletpoint on their resume.
>>
>>40864367
>19K
>Douchebag
Please explain, most of the tankers I've met are very chill
>>
is it bad if I call almost everyone I talk about a nigger regardless of their skin color?
it's like the first word out of my mouth a third of the time.
>>
>>40864749
No, you stupid nigger.
>>
>>40864759
yeah but like....in the military.
say it slips out even if there aren't any
*checks notes*
African Americans around. Am I gonna get discharged for rape or get some dogshit punishment because god forbid trained killers use bad words?
>>
>>40864570
31L if you wanna LARP as an FBI agent, but the fun ends once you kill or catch the badguys. You don’t have to wear your slave uniform, and can do some crazy stuff you’ll never get to talk about if you get attached to any SOCOM units. If you wanna be a fed when you get out it’s a nice option. If you’re in a normie unit you’ll be bored and hate your life.

35M basically picks up where the 35L guys left off with all the torture and interrogation stuff. Barely. If you have a foreign language you’ll probably hangout with combat units. Otherwise you’re gonna be a cuck.

35N is pretty cool if you like computers and wanna work alphabet soup later. If you’re airborne then SOT-A could lead to some interesting life experiences.

35S is like above but even more computer oriented.

35P linguists are not what you expect. Assuming you don’t flunk out of DLI or foolishly marry one of your classmates you likely won’t ever use your language because terps are a diamond dozen. You’ll be a cuck nobody knows what to do with unless you’re airborne and get SOT-A. Then you could hangout with the ninjas and never be able to tell anyone what you did.

35T has shitloads of opportunities both educational and professional. Don’t bother with signals if you can do this.

35Q is the bootleg version of 17C. But you will literally get hounded by employers waving cash in your face halfway through the army, so hey.

One of the nice things about 35F is you’re free to slide through any of the MOS listed above. While the others basically trap you with maybe 1 other MI option.
>>
>>40864315
Army street to seat, I don't want to look like a lazy retard when being evaluated by the board and get declined as a result.
>>
>>40864749
No? It’s the military. Everyone calls each other niggers. I’ve had black dudes ironically call white dudes hard R niggers while telling them to go back to Africa eating watermelon.
>>
>>40864802
holy fuck I'm home.
still gonna play it safe
>>
>>40864367
Lies & slander

Tankers are fat jolly bastards
>>
>>40864772
You might actually
>>
>>40864609
>Where can officers find the most camaraderie and least amount of backstabbing?

Among high school girls
>>
>>40864794
No one will give a fuck as long as you can do PT.

Can you or can you not do the PT.
>>
>>40864772
Coughing in a girl’s direction is rape now. So yeah maybe. You can literally get ruined for smiling at a female these days.
>>
>>40863437
The Army literally gave the i fantry a blue cord and CIb so they would feel better about being bullet catchers.

Cav's Stetson has historical meaning and heritage. In cav you'll be around lots of rednecks who like the Stetson. If you'd rather be around rock eating dipshits who like Blue Cords, go infantry. I'll never forget the day I had to explain to 6 or 7 11Bs what stars were. They didnt believe me when I explained that stars were far away planets and suns. It was hilarious.
>>
>>40864898
>And what of the sun?
>Why does he disappear during the cold times?
>>
>>40864917
I also tried to explain that the light we saw from stars was very old and that many of the stars we see are probably dead now.

One 11B said and I shit you not "so if I was on one of them planets with a big ass fuckin spot light and shined at you on earth, you wouldnt see it?"

God it was funny. But also slightly worrying.
>>
>>40864939
Shit. I thought cooks took the big award for retardation.
>>
>>40864725
it depends on your unit tbqh bro, but literally every tanker I've met, both tradoc and in forscom, has had a stick wedged in their anus. pvts and pv2s who trash talk infantry spcs and sgs, spcs who spend every detail "supervising" and who try to smoke lower ranking personnel because they think they're technically ncos now. plus they leave end caps and trash all over the motor pool every time because "the 11bs will clean it up."
>>
>>40864864
What am I, clairvoyant? I have no idea what the intensity of basic training is and apparently they changed PT from basic pushups, situps, and running.
>>
>>40864898
alright this makes me feel better.
overall what i've heard when I wade through the babble of infantry is that cavs tend to be slightly better people with more interesting training that get to cruise around but also go deep beyond the wire when they're not just straight up filling infantry roles. Goin cav.
>>
>>40864988
Basic is fucking easy dog. You will be fine. Do a mock test. If you can make it through the test you will fine.
>>
>>40865011
Yeah I mean idk how the Guard works. But cav scouts either get sent to infantry units where they do mostly infantry shit and hear retarded 11Bs go "muh blue cord" or they go to a cav unit and do more cavvy shit. Either way you're doing combat arms Army so theres oppurtunity to get into some shit, but a lot of really dumb people who arent there because they want to kill people per se. Lots end up there cause they're dog-like subhumans who were talked into it by a recruiter or family member or Call of Duty.
>>
Do the psychos who just wanna kill people get weeded out early?
>>
>>40862349
>will the air force give me a pilot job if i have one?
No, only if you have a 4 year degree
>>
>>40865039
Yeah we'll see. I'm gonna try to meet the cav unit here in Portland to get a read on them and ask them about their optempo
>>
>>40865020
I don't know why we're even talking about basic. There's still a PT score that goes into the street to seat packet and scraping by because I'm gimped by a bad case of nigger nose is retarded so can a nigga just tell me how fucking insurance works? The American school system taught me zero life skills.
>>
Who can tell me about 88k?

I wanna do moist things. I also like rust busting and want to learn about engines n shit.
>>
>>40865217
Imagine being in a green water navy, but actually 1st world
>>
>>40865268
Doesnt sound too bad. After a while I'm thinking of moving to coastguard.

When youre enlisted how often do you get the chance to hit the range and keep your skills sharp?
>>
>>40862338
What MOS is door kicker?
>>
>>40865700
92G
>>
Is there anyone here that is in the army reserves or national guard who can tell me about going to college while in? How badly does it mess with your school? I was thinking about joining and doing college, but I got put off by it when I heard that it makes it harder to keep up with classes.
>>
>>40865217
I'm currently an 88k10, what you want to know my guy
>>
>>40865082
that's kind of the plan actually
>>
File: dab.png (207 KB, 464x411)
207 KB
207 KB PNG
>tfw just aced the DLAB
>>
>>40865953
Niiiice
>>
>>40865700

They see the most fucked up shit in the army
>>
File: IMG-20180824-WA0000.jpg (680 KB, 3264x1836)
680 KB
680 KB JPG
>>40865268
Its not green water lcu, large tug, and lsv can sail open ocean. Especially lsv and large tug.
t. 88l20
>>40865217
If you want engines and shit that is 88L but don't do 88L right now. Too many 10s and no 20s or 30s or 40s or warrants. So many 10s they are talking about reclassing new 10s ro hotels. 88k is cool. Much easier than being a Lima except you have to do deck ops or cargo ops.
>>
>>40865859
I do my classes online
>>
So my application to Navy OCS went out yesterday for Pilot, NFO, or Intel
>>
>>40866211
So do I, have you ever been deployed and had to do them?
>>
Seeing that the space development agency is becoming a thing when do you think the space force will be stood up?
>>
File: wide__1300x731.jpg (199 KB, 1300x731)
199 KB
199 KB JPG
>>40862338
is this thread for americans only?
Might join the Bundeswehr
>>
>>40865142
You pay into insurance, generally through an employer sponsored program. Insurance company eats most of the costs associated with health needs leaving you with a smaller bill. You might be able to find insurance plans not through your employer but directly through an agency.

If you want it so bad then just use your savings. You wont be spending any money in basic so you will be able to form a cushion again.
>>
>>40862338
So I got "temporarily disqualified" for the air force due to extremely mild psoriasis, but I was also approved to get my medical exam. What, are they gonna look at my psoriasis and see if it's actually anything to be worried about? Because I'm 99% sure if they looked at it they'd realize how it'd never get in the way of anything at all.
>>
>>40865889
I work boats, and have driven good sized ones in the past I was thinking of doing 88k to maybe transfer to coastguard and definitely get a captains license down the road. Where do you operate, like landings, river patrol, ship resupply? What's your day to day? Would you recommend to someone who is highly interested in boats and the water in general? Something about navy doesnt sit right with me, thats why I'm interested in army small boat operations.

Would you recommend it to someone looking to make a career on the water?
>>
>>40864783
>31L

Dropped
>>
My ankles are fucked and I can barely stand up with my heels touching the floor without sticking by butt out a bit to balance. Will they notice? Do they do any tests about that?
>>
>>40867311
We do cargo ops primarily with the occasional training with with other units like divers, other branches and on rare occasions sf. If you pick it you will for sure go to 7th transportation brigade in ft Eustis va. Depending on what unit you go to depends how much you'll sail. I'm at 97tc heavy boat, which is the LCU unit. Right now a lot of overseas missions like jlots and some rotations to Kuwait and Japan have been cancelled. When sailing all you do is handle lines, pull watch and work on the deck in whatever needs to be done. When in port you'll be doing pre-sail most of the time and pmcsing equipment. It's a chill job, but that's just my unit. Pray you don't get causeway or any unit in 11th BN, 10th BN has all the cool boats like LSVs, tugs and LCUs
>>
>>40867487
Le duck walk will be kill
>>
File: namasensei.jpg (32 KB, 497x351)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>its an "enlisted tard doesn't learn new skills on his off time to save himself from embarrassment/ensure employ-ability outside of the military because he thinks he'll get his command to send him to a school that will give him skills" episode

Any veteran who has a hard time getting a job doesn't deserve sympathy because they obviously displayed the fact that they just don't give a fuck. If you come out with no qualifications or degree, go fuck yourself. You had time regardless of your MOS.

Guess that Xbox play time and Netflix marathon was more important.
>>
>>40867616
>duck walk
Nah I can duck walk easily, it's just standing with my heels on the ground that's hard.
>>
>>40867605
just use the gi bill l m a o
>>
>>40867586
Is there opportunity to diservify once youre in? I'm a highly experienced diver and am interested in qualifying heavy weather coxwain in uscg eventually. I want to learn as much as humanly possible, survival skills, firefighting, mechanics all of it. Can I seek additional training without leaving 88k?
>>
>>40867645
>You had time regardless of your MOS

Confirmed for not line infantry (inb4 "but I was an armorer/S1/admin")
>>
>>40867746
You get training in shipboard firefighting although it's very basic, to get licences and stuff you need to at least reach 20 level, for other trainings you can go to schools like ranger or airborne etc, but you won't go to any of those units if you want to be a 88k. The skip on the boat I'm on is a cw2 and he says he's good for any boat job out of the military with all the certs and shit he has
>>
what are the best MOS's that are into secret squirrel, spy games and counter intel stuff?

Most of the 35 series seems like ill be in an office looking at a computer and organizing notes and power points
>>
>>40867786
Makes sense. They just train you for the job they want you to do right? It's only really worth it to me if I can keep learning and advancing throughout my time in the service. I want to get in and hustle for every bit of additional training I can get . I'm not afraid of hard work and if I can get paid to learn something I can use later in life I'm all for it.
>>
>>40867824

>>40867824
From what I've seen, if you stick it out and reach at least 88k30 or higher (to include going warrant) you'll be pretty set for the boat field I'm the civilian sector. Combine that with other schools and trainings to get your survival fix, and it could be a viable option to you. But that's just my up opinion. I know the licences will carry over to coast guard, but I don't think the jobs will be too similar as all the army does with boats at the moment is cargo
>>
>>40862338
>>40867295
hmmm, i have a small patch of consistently dry skin on my left elbow/forearm that i just now realized may be a mild form of psoriasis. or it could be dry skin.
are these things that they'll look for and ask about at MEPs?
>>
>>40867888
Thanks man, you've really been helpful. I appreciate your time and ill have think on this for a while.
>>
>>40867936
They tried to DQ me for a boil on my forearm, so yes.
>>
>>40867796
35L, the new ranger intelligence battalion is accepting them
>>
>>40867796
That’s what most MI work and I work in general is m8.
>>
File: tigre.png (858 KB, 1161x816)
858 KB
858 KB PNG
I was thinking of joining the National Guard. What is the oldest they'll accept someone? Not a veteran.
>>
File: screenshot.38.png (26 KB, 546x265)
26 KB
26 KB PNG
>>40868250
>>
>tfw gonna get creamed by first sergeant because ive been in for a year and still can't roll sleeves

i dont know how the FUCK people get away with this shit
>>
>>40868409
You fucking weak boot. I blame your team leader, not you.
>>
>>40868409
Https://youtu.be/MD6lSuiAgAg
>>
>>40868250
>>40868263
air guard max age is 39
>>
>>40868409
Are you a fucking retard? You have to be a Marine or something.
>>
>>40868421
>>40868423
>>40868508

how the fuck they get them so goddamn FLAT jesus CHRIST
>>
>>40868551
By being a fucking stud. Why don't you try it.
>>
>>40868589

>stud.exe has crashed
>your system does not meet the requirements for this software
>>
>Have to write down 10 jobs
That's an awful lot. Yikes. I suppose it's fair but rip my dream AFSC
>>
>>40868551
By gitting gud at it. I used to be trash, but if you keep fucking practicing you'll get it.
>>
Can anyone give me a quick rundown on 60 series MOS?
>>
>>40868836
>60 series MOS
You mean 68 series? That's medical. One of the most common MOSes is 68W (Combat Medic). It sounds like a cool job until you get sent to a hospital to process paperwork. Best chance to be cool guy is RR or SOF like everything else. You'll be baffled by how powerful dumb people are with their health. Their youth is the only barrier between chronic injury and disease and they won't understand that youth is not forever.
>>
>>40864246
Top secret clearance is huge for job prospects after. Don't skimp out on it and get it done now.
>>
>>40864681
I understand that so I'd like to know if my fiancee can meet me at the airport before I go to my terminal and give me a hug/kiss before she runs off to suck miles of dick and eventually dump me during blue phase or something because it's "just too hard to wait around forever"
>>
>>40863352
What are my odds with a SEL PPL and a STEM degree 3.4GPA range?
>>
File: 1551860240280.png (41 KB, 1280x1483)
41 KB
41 KB PNG
Which MOS is highest IQ?
>>
>>40865859
Nasty girl in Georgia here, I go to school full time (15 hours). It doesn’t mess with your school schedule or life at all. It’s one weekend a month and two weeks in the summer. 9/10 you can get a waiver for summer classes and not do AT (the two weeks in the summer). Pic related one of my unit’s FTX in 2017
>>40869067
94F, you’ll be the envy of everyone fixing NVGs
>>
>>40868976
Can I apply for it while I'm already in?
>>
>>40862338
Any tips on how to cope with the fact that I will never be able to serve in the military despite the fact that it is all I have wanted to do since I was 10?
>>
>>40869067
The guy that didn't join the military and got a real career instead
>>
Planning on joining the chair force, anyways, I know someone who is good friends with a Major General. Will his pull help me get a job I want?
>>
>>40862438
Chaps
>>
>>40869328
>Will his pull help me get a job I want?
your asvab score will do that
>>
>>40862472
This is absolutely false. I chose my job in the Marines
>>
>>40863411
No, just put that shit in mypay
>>
>>40869339
I scored an 87 on the practice test. Recruiter says I will likely get a high 90 on the real thing. I want photojournalism but the recruiter seems to think I'm gonna need to sign an open contract or the chair force won't work with me.
>>
>>40863437
Not guard but reserves and they're fucking with my school schedule. Don't do it.
>>
>>40863492
35P. Being bilingual makes you better than everyone else. Fact.
>>
>>40869232
Why can’t you serve?
>>
>>40869369
>open contract
Yeah don’t do that it’s like that hot new gf you have wanting to experiment long story short you end up with a dick in your ass
>>
>>40863956
You can join US military if you're here on a legit visa through the mavni program. I don't recommend it tho. Outside of special operations not a lot of people see combat these days
>>
>>40864088
Meps is probably the last place you'll see her
>>
Why do officer's birds look like women while enlisted men's look like guests on Jeremy Kyle?
>>
>>40869411
yeah, fucking sucks as it took me a month to even get in contact with an air force recruiter and then they drop that shit on me. effectively said I had to put an aptitude and that most likely I would get it or he wouldn't work with me.
>>
If you join as an officer do you have any say whatsoever in your job?
>>
>>40864783
Idk what unit you were in but in mine 35P did their job every single fucking day
>>
>>40869369
usually I'm all about wait for the job you want if its something your passionate about, but yours is retarded so please don't join

also if you tell him you aren't signing unless its for photography he's gonna tell you to fuck off and go talk to the army, they have quotas to meet and at a certain point they look at the time invested with you vs. someone else who's willing to just take whatever comes because they wanna join ASAP, and then you're shit outta luck boss

>t. my boss just finished his recruiting duty
>>
>>40869369
>open contract

This is the career equivalent of throwing a darkroom orgy with /b/
>>
>>40869535
open isnt too bad as long as its not mechanical, sure you're not getting the best job but as long as you don't end up a crew chief/cop/services it could be worse
>>
>>40869527
I'm not stuck on that job by any means, It's just I'm a bit worried about being told i'm most likely going to have to go open or they won't work with me. Just want to know if that's BS or not.
>>
>>40869566
I'll probably go Electrical for my aptitude.
>>
>>40867311
whats your rank in the Navy? I know a couple skips from the navy who transfered to the Army as E5 for the Warrent officer spots, deck and engine. You would have to go to Army basic, WO school, then T school for warrents. Deck side warrents is 8 months, engine side is like 10 months or something.

>>40867586
1098 isnt bad. You get to be a coxswain as a 20 and drive mike boats up skiffs creek or james river to grill. Plus you get that sweet sea pay with less bullshit from 97th,1099 or 335. Plus 97ths 1st sgt is bitchy.
>>
>>40869232
You won’t serve in the military

That alone should make you smile
>>
>>40869061
This is excellent odds for any branch.

Max high PT scores and you’re a shoe-in unless you have a criminal history or medical problems that can fuck you.
>>
>>40869477
Haha no

Enjoy commanding POGs
>>
>>40869232
I would start by coming to terms with it and from there looking into something that you *can* do that interests you
>>
so when the fuck is the USA going balls deep in Venezuela
>>
>>40869587
Its not BS, the recruiters don't have to work with you at all if they don't feel its likely you'll make it to MEPS. A lot of people are lost to medical waivers, asvab, too picky, etc.

I wanted to wait for a job, got told open or fuck yourself, so I took open. It can also depend where you and your recruiter are, if his region has a large city in it he definitely doesn't have to work with you because he has a larger number of apps. I joined from a large city, we had like 70 kids in our DEP and he didnt show up to work most days because kids recruited themselves.
>>
>>40869758
Gotcha, Thanks for the info. How did going open turn out for you?
>>
>>40863045
Recon. But you don’t have what it takes.
>>
Going to meps next week, wish me luck bros! Really worried about some back acne I have
>>
medical shit makes me nervous as fuck. is it over and done with at meps or do they do more at reception?
>>
>>40869778
I got civil engineering, so it could have been worse. I'm about to get out and be a cop though, the moving and deployments are neat but at some point I'd like to meet someone while I'm in my 20s and buy a house instead of moving every year and a half.
>>
Reminder that if you go 15E, 15W will try to shit on you all the time.
>>
>>40869609
Can't argue with that, she can be intense sometimes. But the commander makes up for it though. The Mikes do seem pretty bad as too, anything but 331 is solid if you ask me
>>
What's the best rate in the Navy for a dude who wants to get his bachelor's while he's in and then gtfo for grad school? I scored a 93 on my ASVAB so most rates are open for me.
>>
>>40869920
>is medical over at MEPs

Ooooh boy are you in for a fucking treat. I hope you like the "how many shots can we put in your arm in 30s" game.
>>
>>40869599
Don't pick an open slot, go for a specific career field. Electrical and Envrionmental is a decent pick, Avionics is a good slot to have too. Any of the specialty maintenance fields are great, because if its not your field you just write up a red X and move on.
>>
>>40870314
Id be happy with electrical and environmental, Its on my short list in fact. I was having a hard time totally understanding the recruiting process, but from what my recruiter told me if one of the jobs I list doesn't come up that month, I have to take my open field.
>>
>>40870377
You don't have to take shit until you sign the paper with the job you want on it. You can tell him you want to wait until that slot opens up.
>>
>>40870299
god damn it
well as long as they don't take my bp or heart rate I should be able to hide my panic attacks
>>
>>40870525
>bp
>heart rate
Embrace the crushing boredom of MEPS and neither of those two will be an issue.
>>
>>40870525
Hahahahahaha

Bruh, what the fuck do you think happens when you go in. The first couple of clinic trips is shots, getting blood drawn, piss testing and more shots. You'll get heart rate and bp measured like once, and any other time you go to the clinic if you get sick.
>>
>>40868199
what do they do thats different from regular 35 intel series?
>>
>>40870611
See>>40864783
>>
>>40866866
Don’t, you’re fighhting for your countries right to destroy Christian churches and build mosques over them
>>
>>40870576
>>40870544

well what happens if my heart rate is over 100?
>>
>>40864783
what if I want to be a 75th ranger and be a door kicker?Because i dont want to sit in an office all day and scrutinize reports and id rather be a soldier? I want to be a fed when I get out, so am I any better or worse going into an option 40 contract as an 11b
>>
>>40869395
Ass birds
>>
>>40869232
take heart in the fact that there was a 90% chance you would be disillusioned and disappointed after you would have found out what the military is truly like
>>
>>40870681
You get three attempts. I also got hypertensive and high HR as well (coffee). Third attempt is done by a doctor instead of a pregnant nurse tech that wraps arms tight.
>>
>>40862338
Is it true that if you’re USMC 0311, and then you try out for MARSOC, then if you fail then you get put into the needs of the Corps?
>>
>>40870751
and if I fail all 3 I get sent home?
I already had to redo mine for meps
>>
>>40870759
No you're dumb as hell.
You go into the fleet and try out for MARSOC. If you fail you go back to your unit. Needs of the corps only happens if you're contract recon and drop out.
>>
>>40870865
Okay thank you, I knew I was being lied to
>>
>>40869609
Never served. Captained vessels in a foreign country though. No USCG license as of yet, gotta chase a few captains to sign off my sea time.
>>
>>40870697
Go to airborne school and RASP. If you wanna be a commando, go 11b.
>>
>>40870863
You'll get sent home for later retesting or a doctor's visit, but after that I'm not sure.
>>
File: 1520753222684.jpg (81 KB, 1080x1036)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
Would this be the correct thread to ask about law enforcement agencies like FBI, ATF, etc.? The idea of training and bettering myself to defend my country from domestic threats in like a SWAT team or something sounds great and I think dedicating my life to something like that is a cause I'd be really motivated to move towards.
>>
>>40870697
If you wanna do gangster shit, 75th rangers is the best way to go right now. Just understand that if you fail RASP right after OSUT, you don't get to go to airborne school and you will be put in any number of leg units at random, albiet as an 11B or C.

If you are confident that you have what it takes, take the option 40. If not, try to get an 11X op4 contract instead, which is infantry and airborne- then, once you git gud enough, you can drop a packet to go to RASP. That way, you'll have some time in, a little bit more experience with the military and infantry life, and if you fail/drop, you'll just go back to your airborne unit and not worry about being a mechanized puke. Just my 0.02
>>
Anyone did intelligence or MP?
I have a bachelor that can qualify/aligns itself for either. Just setting myself up for a back up plan if I won't be able to find anything in the civilian job market
>>
>>40871322
Go intel if those are your two choices. MP's are seriously the dumbest fuckers I have ever met, and their entire job is to fuck over their fellow soldiers. Not that I mind dudes getting arrested for rape and murder and stuff, but most of the time they're writing tickets to people who were doing 26 in a 25 on post. Gone are the days of "line MP's" as well (currently anyway) so you'll probably never do any cool guy shit if you get deployed.
>>
>>40871322
MPs are literally all faggots too dumb to be civ cops and too cowardly for infantry
>>
>>40871281
>ATF
>defend my country
Yeah I’m going to say this and I actually mean it. Kill yourself. Put a .44 mag in your mouth and squeeze the trigger as hard as you can. That’s how you can defend your country. Jesus Christ people like you actually exist
>>
>>40871960
>mobile poster
>pepe/wojack poster

Can say the same to you, nigger
>>
Tell me about Weather
>>
File: 1526003196812.png (302 KB, 736x688)
302 KB
302 KB PNG
>>40864749
>>40864772
Don't fucking do it dude it's honestly not worth it. Either everyone's gonna hate you or the wrong person is gonna hear you say it and you're going to get beaten within an inch of your life.
I know a well-placed n-bomb is unironically one of the funniest things on the planet, but unless you really think that's worth grenading your reputation at work then I would say yes, it is bad. Also in today's day and age, who the fuck is going to promote the E-2 that goes around screaming "nigger" all the time
>>
>>40873322
Nevermind read the description of it on the airforce r*ddit page
Seems pretty cool
>>
Active Duty Army 25S 1C here, ask me anything
>>
>>40873451
Which planet is farthest from the sun
>>
>>40873476
uhhhhhhhh
>>
>>40873476
all of them
>>
>>40873476
yes.
>>
>>40873451
If a tree falls in the middle of the forest and nobody hears it, does it make a sound?
>>
>>40873581
I'm too stupid to answer this question.
>>
>>40870982
wow
I thought they would just put you in holdover until they can get your heart rate down
>>
File: iketani.png (478 KB, 799x603)
478 KB
478 KB PNG
I'm a 23 year old loser with no discipline and graduated with a useless humanities degree back in December. Not in terrible shape and people tell me I'm really smart/likable.

Would military be a good fit or would I just be wasting my own and somebody else's time?
>>
>>40874024
I wouldn't go into the military if you're just looking for a job
there's a lot of bullshit you gotta deal with and if you're not ready for that you'll end up wanting to kill yourself since you can't just quit like you could any other job
>>
>>40868199
what about 25 series ?
>>
>>40874101
I mean, I want something fulfilling. I haven't been responsible for anything other than being alive in my own home since I've been born and its getting to me how meaningless my life's been since I've graduated. Sure I'd like to work in a museum or an auction house or some shit but I dunno if I'm cut out for grad school and I don't want to put that kind of financial strain on myself or my family if it all turns out to go to shit (which has a high likelihood of happening).

I wish I could do SWAT or something, not having to leave the country and actually feeling like I was doing something useful.
>>
>>40874024
I have a B.A. in History that I never really used. I went back to community college for X-Ray and CT, I make a very comfortable living. School is not easy but doable.
>>
>>40874378
>not having to leave the country and actually feeling like I was doing something useful
coast guard rescue swimmer
>>
>>40874024
I'm enlisting in the Coast Guard with a degree. Honestly it all depends on what you want to do. My advice is go intel if you can, and if not choose something that you know will give you training for a real world job, and use the GI Bill to get a master's in something marketable.
>>
>99 on ASVAB
Nuke man here I come
>>
>>40871322
350F here.

Depends on what you want to get in to. If going intel, go 35L if army, ncis if navy, or afosi if AF, because counter intel is the one specialty always being hired but no one ever has the work exp. Ncis and afosi combine their counter intel and leo duties, so that will probably be your best bet.

I doubt you want to get into the security field, cause no one ever does, but if you did, MP or similar is your best bet to get into the physec field. You can get in with other jobs, but security forces(base defense) exp is pretty much all them.

If you do HAVE to go MP or similar, go in as an officer, do not enlist.
>>
>>40864587
Tell me about 13F please dude
>>
>>40875169
>tfw 98 ASVAB
>off by one
I am ashamed.
>>
>>40875169
Please don't do Navy Nuke. You will hate your life and the job prospects are shit. Take the DLAB be a linguist, do cyber, do any big brain thing that isn't nuke.
>>
>>40876104
what do you want to know?
>>
>>40870909
Gotcha, well the Us Army MITD is the only branch/school that gets you coast guard merchant marine credentials and sea duty. This would allow you to sail out of the army. They will also pay for your TWIC card and do all the paperwork, submit and pay for your US Coast guard merchant marines credentials. I have known a dude who did 4 years got out with 3 years sea time and got able body seaman with all the certs and sails civilian. He is a 3rd mate now
>>
>>40863887
Just enough effort to be a cunt, but not enough effort to be helpful. Sure you're not in the National Guard?
>>
>>40871322
>>40875705
I was a 31D, if you have a bachelor's degree with at least a 3.0 GPA in a qualifying major go CID Special Agent / Direct Accessions. Just do a Google search and do a run down of the requirements. I went in this way; about a year training pipeline and you are a federal agent at the end of it with real creds ( 50 state concealed carry). There really isn't a better option for you, and I would not consider MP at all.

35L does a lot more Army hooah bullshit and does a lot of training exercises, in CID you'll do nothing but actual felony level investigations and your only training will be specialized schools. For every Bradley Manning there are a thousands of rapes, deaths, and high valued thefts. If you want to get into an agency afterward practical experience is going to look a lot better on a resume. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
>>
>>40862349
If you want to do pilot through OTS your best bet is finding a Guard/Reserve unit with openings. Active duty OTS pilots are unicorns these days
>>
>>40864783
so whats the difference between the 31L and the 35M? It sounds like they do the same thing
>>
>>40862338

FRIENDLY reminder that Brenton Tarrant is infinitely more alpha, masculine, heroic, courageous, and determined than anyone on /k/.

While you all are playing make-believe, and your (((military))) escorts black and brown men into the wombs of innocent little white girls, this LION OF THE WHITE RACE chose to stand up and strike a blow against the World Zionists.
>>
My feet turn in because of loose ligaments. I can pull my feet up into normal position and hold them but it requires conscious effort. It looks extremely flat footed when I normally walkout around. There is no pain and it does not affect my physical performance at all, but will this impact any military service? Would I be able to serve at all?
>>
>>40865058
Not if they're really good at hiding it.
>>
>>40878185
31L doesn't exist for starters
>>
>>40878440
Aww fuck I was drunk. 35L.
>>
>>40878440
>>40878464
ok, let me rephrase that
35L vs 35M, whats the difference? and how does one go about enlisting for such a MOS? I understand any intel job will require a lot of office work, but I dont want to be an analyst where ALL I do is sit in front of a computer and type of reports and decipher codes
>>
>>40877906
Not him, but doing stuff with federal agencies is something I'm definitely interested in and this sounds about the best way to do it - I'm positive my degree isn't a "qualifying major", though. Looking at the page, it says I need 2 years minimum military experience for 31D, so if I'm just a civvie schmuck right now what would I tell a recruiter?
>>
>Requirements
>Physical and mental fitness

What exactly constitutes "mental fitness"? Not being depressed?
>>
>>40879059
Scroll down and look at the Direct Accessions requirements. They are totally different from in-service soldiers.

The recruiting for this program is terrible since the program is basically in fine print.

>U.S. Citizenship
21 years of age or older
Bachelor's degree or higher in: Criminal Justice, Forensic Science, Computer Science, Computer Forensics, Digital Forensics, Legal Studies, Accounting, Finance, Psychology or Biology
3.0 GPA or higher
Normal color vision (no exception to policy authorized)
No physical limitations and no history of mental or emotional disorders
Speak and write clearly
Favorable credit history
Valid driver’s license and favorable driving record
No felony or court martial convictions
Eligibility for Top Secret clearance
Suitable character, integrity, reputation, sobriety, discretion, and stability as established by a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)

Requires a packet like OCS but turnaround is faster.
>>
>>40868943
Stem cells regrow any body of a human, and stem cells resurrect. Stems cells are easy to collect from human births. Stem cells are easy to make from semen sperm cum. Stem cells are easy to make from human breast milk.

Inner cell masses make you young again.
>>
>>40878560
They’re both good choices if you wanna actually leave the wire and possibly see action
>>
>>40879059
>>40879191
>so if I'm just a civvie schmuck right now what would I tell a recruiter?

Same guy, missed this part. You'd tell them you are interested in CID Direct Accessions if you meet the reqs. They will tell you it doesn't exist because most are dumb/lazy, to which you make them do research. They will try to tell you to enlist as an MP because it's easier for them, in which case you tell them you aren't interested.

Going CID the traditional route, especially if you are newly enlisting, will take years. At least 2 for the basic requirement, plus an additional 2-4 years for packet and school date. Plus you need to reenlist for CID. That's why this program came about.
>>
File: 1522175824849.gif (363 KB, 250x226)
363 KB
363 KB GIF
>>40879191
>>40879259
Cool, really appreciate the info.

>Bachelor's degree or higher in: Criminal Justice, Forensic Science, Computer Science, Computer Forensics, Digital Forensics, Legal Studies, Accounting, Finance, Psychology or Biology

I guess that's out the window, then. I've got a retarded humanities degree because I wanted to pursue museum work, originally. Still appreciate it regardless.
>>
>>40877906
how much do the feds or any LEO agency really give a shit though? Ive striaght up asked fbi agent recruiters if anything in the military would make me a better candidate and was told "Military is military to us. It doesnt matter what you did so long as you get an honorable discharge"
Im debating between an intel job or a combat arms jobs at the moment.
>>
>>40879168
They don’t want you pussing out 1/2 way tbrough a ruck
>>
>>40879255
35L is more HOAH than 35M assuming you’re deployed
>>
>>40879359
The FBI hires 1 out of every 50 qualified applicants. Just having a bachelor's degree is "enough" to get you hired, but it won't. Just like being a vet with a degree, you still might get a referred application but you won't be competitive enough to get hired, realistically.You need to stand out somehow. I've worked cases from the FBI, and given cases to the FBI. It's just good networking and experience. CID also saids E-7s and CW2s to the FBI National Academy every year if you apply but that's another level.

Intel is marketable, but there are worlds of difference between intel and law enforcement. Even inside AFOSI and NCIS they have designated teams, so you won't be working sex assaults one day and counter intel stuff the next unless you jump teams. The Army just keeps them totally separate.

FYI, the FBI is overexposed and overrated if you want to be a fed LEO. Army CID has 1811 civilian special agents that got hired at like GS13. They make bank. Lots of opportunities and agencies out there.
>>
>>40879359
It’s a bitch and a half getting into the FBI

Military intel can get into HSI before finishing college
>>
If you have a TS clearance is it easier to join ICE?
>>
>>40869061
WOFT dude here.
You are an ideal candidate. You just need to do well on the ASVAB (99, 135+ GT),SIFT (65+), PT (260+), have good LoR's, and make a good essay, and I'll see you at Ft Rucker a year from now. Join the discord and i can give you pointers on stuff. Not a just a plug for the server (ish).
>>
>>40879359
>Im debating between an intel job or a combat arms jobs at the moment.

I don't know you so I don't care, but one is a six figure job after service and the other is being mall security. Think about it.
>>
>>40865142
WOFT dude here
Boi you got a fucking long way to go before you can drop a packet. You're getting ahead of yourself.
>>
>>40874378
be a turbo pog in admin or logistics for the army or usmc
>>
>>40871499
>>40871396
>>40875705
>>40877906
Alright thanks, I wasn't so sure about MP but the officer suggested it.
It's kinda hard to make equivalents for me since I am a leaf. Although I do have to say that my GPA isnt 3.0 it's close to a 3.0 (I mainly blame being a mall cop under Garda in my first year) but I did want to plan this for later work in federal agencies. The practical experience would be the most beneficial and I do want to aim for the sweet federal pension
>>
>>40876722
Pretty much as much as I can find out
>>
Extremely arbitrary question, but in your opinion, is combat medic “cool” or “important” enough of a job to enlist for after graduating from college?
>>
>>40879168
No depression or history of suicidal thoughts/self harm. No ADD/ADHD, no anxiety that required medication, no previous drug or alcohol addiction. No behavioral issues in school.
>>
>>40880002
The idea of enlisting with a degree in this economy is fucking retarded. Go Officer or go Home.
>>
>>40880221
not really about money for me more about trying to do something that matters. just a feeler question anyway
>>
>>40879972
Well, you're a fire support specialist. Your job is to facilitate indirect fire support. You'll either be mechanized (vehicle) or light (on foot). Typically you work in 2 man teams, one FO and one RTO. You specialize in land nav, map reading, radios, creating fire plans, and calling for fire. Any questions?
>>
>>40880424
is that as fun as it sounds
>>
What the fuck actually happens in Reserves? If I wanted to pilot in the AF Reserve would I only fly once a month?
>>
>>40880454
You gotta be a little more specific. What part sounds fun to you? I think the job is fun, overall. Yeah, the grunts like to call you a pog, and you are, but you're right there with them marching through the suck with your rifle and ruck; and when they start taking heavy fire or need to assault an obj, you get to make boom booms for them. And when you're not out running with the infantry guys, you're camping out on the hill with a pair of binos, a radio, and a nice view while calling in arty.
>>
>>40880529
yep i think thats the job for me
>>
>>40880487
Reserve pilots fly a lot actually, especially heavy pilots. Basically if you're Aircrew in the reserves expect to do a fair amount. Lots of ART positions open for those positions too and they pay a lot.
>>
>>40880574
When are you enlisting? If you have any questions, fire away. I can't speak for mech as I've only been light. Theres also a computer/digital side to this job, as big army wants to go digital. That's kinda position specific though.
>>
>>40880644
probably september. considering avoiding big army and doing 18x instead though. only question as of now is how much does big army make you want to kys
>>
>>40880668
Well im NG so I have it a bit easier than active, but all in all fisters are usually a good group of guys. We always seem to disappear when someones looking for us ;). I will say that if you go 18x, you best know you can cut it. If you wash out, you wont have fun. It's 90% mental.
>>
>>40880799
dont think quitting will be an issue, more so perhaps not strong enough physically to do some of the things. reckon ill just keep jugging away at stronglifts and couch to 10k lol
>>
>>40880820
Well if youre serious about it, make sure youre in the discord group for it. Im sure they can be of lots of help
>>
>>40880348
Really depends on what unit get into you could end being a glorified secretary in a hospital or you could end being a real life saver best chances of having your job matter are if you go sf or sof
>>
>>40880852
sorry, not a tranny
>>
350F here ama next couple hours.
>>
>>40880928
how long should i expect my waiver to take, its medical and for a retained hardware in the leg from a fracture , there is only 1 screw and its been almost two months....

im losing hope and my situation with my parents is degrading i just want to get the fuck out of here and on with my life ... do you have any knowledge as to how much longer i will have to wait
>>
>>40880348
18D (special forces medic) are the only medics nowadays who do their jobs.
>>
>>40881269
Waivers take a long ass time. Essentially your paperwork goes in a pile and the doctor goes in order of easy to most difficult. My buddy wasa meps doctor and he always complained about how the pile of work was never ending.

Tldr
Just gotta wait. Sorry bro.
>>
>>40881331
You have no clue whats involved in the medical career field if you think only 18D are doing field medicine shit.
>>
At meps is it a guy asking you to cough or a grill ?
>>
>>40881544
Have you never been to a doctors appointment?
>>
>>40881544
A guy, generally over the age of 55. He also sticks his finger in your booty.
>>
>>40881568
Only time i ever had it done was by grill doc
>>
>>40881595
Well, hate to break it to you, but male doctors exist.
>>
In basic what types of running shoes are you
able to purchase from the px? Like ASICS, Nike, New balance?
>>
>>40881544
Could be either. When the time comes you will be so exhausted and bored that you won't even care. Also it's their job, they will completely forget about your cock balls & asshole within an hour because they'll have looked at dozens more
>>40881569
Not necessarily, sometimes they just have you bend over and spread the cheeks then wave you off in the course of like 5 seconds
>>
>>40881544
I swear you guys worried about getting finger fucked at MEPS are the ones who end up dead in the barracks. Basic, AIT, and life in the military is 100x worse than MEPS.
>>
File: 1552611450532.jpg (24 KB, 300x166)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>40881334
i was told the same by my recruiter the CMO essentially goes through hundreds of waivers for several states and there is no real answer as to how long it will take, its just unnerving because i dont even know if i can join yet and this here is my back up plan, if my waiver happens to be denied then i have to get my ass out of the house quickly as possible. i live in the ideological shithole known as california and this was my chance to leave the state and start a new life. the waiting is killing my optimism and its making me borderline depressed. i know for a fact that will change once it is approved but even knowing that there is the slightest chance of it being denied is the worst
>>
any tips for a hungry skeleton whos 20 pounds underweight?

everyone just says eat more but I work in a kitchen and eat 5 times a day but i've only lost weight from this.

is there a surefire way to get fat in a effective way like the mono-diet is for losing weight?
>>
>>40862338
OK, just for a survey, how many of you niggas can't even do 25 push ups?
>>
>>40881880
Eat tons of peanut butter, put olive oil in your food.

If that doesn't make you gain you 100% have AIDS
>>
>>40881857
Making assrape jokes is 1/2 the fun
>>
>>40881914
anon I work at a italian restaurant and all I drink is whole milk.
I even went through 12 LB bag of weight gain protein shake mix.

i've been a consistent 117 pounds since I was 13
>>
>>40881994
Eat more, lift more. There is no secret, just eat more. You're young and your metabolism hasn't settled. I was also a fucking skellington until i was 24, when i finally broke 200lbs at 6'10". I was 170 in HS.
>>
>>40881994
Or you can do what I suggested, because whole milk doesn't compare to what I said. Go check out the calorie content of both.
>>
>>40881880
Eat more.
You're not eating as much as you think.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1551199789491.jpg (39 KB, 356x633)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>40881994
>>
>>40881880
If you have a sweet tooth, this is easy. Drink soda, sweet tea, coffee with lots of sugar, sweet snacks, and you'll easily hit 5 lbs of weight gain in a week. GI issues are a completely different issue though. Too much sugar just makes people shit their guts out.

If you don't, peanut butter, bacon, fried eggs, cheese, buttered toast, and fried foods will probably hit the 20lb mark quickly. If you're no fan of cooking and have a big appetite, a chinese buffet can cover those days when you don't give a damn.

If you're a slow eater, you'll need to allot more small meals that are manageable to eat in one sitting. This is a habit you will definitely be forced to break if you enlist as many in basic training learn the hard way that they may only have one minute to eat all of their food.
>>
>>40881880
Eat 2x your daily caloric needs every 3600 calories is a pound
>>
>>40881994
Olive oil has the calorie content of one cup of whole milk in one TBSP. It can be mixed with anything. I guarantee you are eating like a skelly fag and expecting to gain.

BTW, in 10 or 15 years you won't be able to keep the weight off. Have fun while it lasts.
>>
Anyone know if there's any option 40 slots open right now?
>>
>>40882347
ask your local recruiter, theres no other way of knowing
>>
>>40862338
How do I get into the VA physical therapy program?
>>
>>40881859
My advice, if mil is your back up job (which it really shouldnt ever be), figure out something else. What kind of job field were you trying to get in to?

Other than a few specialties, you can get into 90% of career fields without mil.
>>
>>40882491
easier said then done..... ive never been able to pinpoint a specific interest or career that ive wanted to do. like seriously i have no fucking idea. its a bottomless pit here in my state i live in an expensive ass county. as of 6 months ago i came to realize that the military is the best shot of me being able to save up and move out early with order and discipline. i legit dont have a plan C, i will only start entertaining civilian careers if my waiver is denied, and god only knows how long that may be
>>
>>40863956
>I’m depressed

The military will make that 100x worse
>>
Is the army the most basic bitch branch? What's the appeal of joining the army over any of the other branches?
>>
>>40882765
WOFT
>>
>>40882765
you get to browse 4chan all day
>>
What score do I need to Enlist as a physical therapist in the military?
>>
>>40882779
That's a good point, i know marines who switched over to the army for woft
>>
>>40882347
Of course. Might not be your desired MOS unless it's infantry.
>>
>>40882765
Amazing special operations forces?
>>
>>40882874
What's the appeal of being a green beret or a ranger over being a seal, raider, pj etc?
>>
>>40882808
https://www.goarmy.com/careers-and-jobs/browse-career-and-job-categories/medical-and-emergency/physical-therapy-specialist.html

You mean that? ST 101 and GT 107. Basically you don't have to git gud, but mostly gud.
>>
at the last second I changed my mind about enlisting. I've decided it's just not for me
going through this process has made me lose a lot of respect for the military as an organization but has made me gain a ton of respect for the people who serve. they put up with so much bullshit it's incredible
>>
The army's infantry OSUT doesn't get extended until October right?
>>
>>40882981
>going through this process has made me lose a lot of respect for the military as an organization
There's bullshit everywhere, just different kinds of bullshit. Pick your poison. Best of luck to you anon, and may your groups shoot tight and your ammunition remain plentiful.
>>
>>40883474
All infantry OSUT extends to 22 weeks on Oct. 2020 (US Armed Forces new fiscal year). There are soldiers in pilot programs though, which I guess is in the available contracts at the recruiter's office or MEPS. This is the same time that the APFT fully transitions to the ACFT. The US Army intends on making training better during peacetime and to better weed out the very worst of profilers and shitbags. The last batch of millennial recruits left everyone with a bad aftertaste and don't plan on repeating those mistakes.
>>
do a lotta tankers get sent to korea?
>>
>>40882918
Raiders are not real special forces, most akin to Rangers, SEALs are great and true spec ops, but they've become a meme due to the amount of people writing tell all books and media coverage. Green Berets are specifically trained to embed with locals to incite insurgencies and do CT duties, they honestly some of the coolest fucking dudes to read about and meet. Rangers are shock infantry and spec ops lite. PJs rescue downed pilots and spec ops trapped behind enemy lines. Delta is top tier and recruit from Rangers and Green Berets. CIA SAD is top top tier and recruit from all special forces across each branch.
>>
I have a rather unfortunate possession charge for memeijuana, never used the stuff, but I'm assuming that's an automatic "lol nope" for security clearance, isn't it?
>>
>>40884323
No it's not just don't lie about it
>>
>>40879304
Gonna be honest, consider joining the Marines to do PR or media work. They're the best branch for that.
>>
>>40884784
I don't really see the connection there, care to elaborate?
>>
>>40884917
Marines are known for one thing, great fucking propaganda. My thinking is if you do that there, you'd garner an understanding of human psychology and marketing while learning how to more effectively work media.

I'm a nonserve looking at another branch, but at first that appealed to me.
>>
>>40884983
Hm, never thought about it that way. Well, thanks for the suggestion!
>>
>>40873451
tell me what you know about 25U ?
>>
>>40884297
and what special operations are you apart of oh wise mystical oper8r. also regardless of the fact that marsoc is a meme, the selection process is tough and you have to deal with 3 years of regular marine bullshit just to try out
>>
told my AF recruiter im sure i want to enlist, but now im thinking i should have at least stopped by the army recruiter to see whats up
what do
>>
>>40885342
you owe nothing to said recruiter , politely tell him you are considering other options and that you appreciate his time, and follow up with the fact that i want to see what other branches have to offer before you make a final decision

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.