[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: missing map.jpg (208 KB, 1280x853)
208 KB
208 KB JPG
Since June, two hikers have been confirmed killed, one is missing presumed dead, and one has been missing since November 23, in the area near Longs Peak and Mt. Meeker, both near Boulder, Colorado. If the missing hikers aren’t found alive, that makes four deaths in that one small stretch of the Rockies in the last six months.

What do you think is out there taking these people and what type of loadout should hikers carry?
>>
>>39931168
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_2tYX-Q2jw
>>
File: 1433046096091.jpg (8 KB, 184x274)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>39931168
>What do you think is out there taking these people
Maybe mother nature, considering the fact that even hiking trails are still wilderness, and people tend to underestimate just how easily the outdoors can kill a human.

I also hate David Paulides because he always dismisses simple explanations.
>Could they just have gotten lost in the woods?
>No.
>Could exposure have killed them from being out there too long?
>No.
>Could someone have killed them out on the trail?
>No.
>Could an animal like a mountain lion or bear have killed them?
>No.
>Do you think Bigfoot abducted them?
>I'm not going to give my opinion because I don't want to lose credibility.

The dude's a nut job...
He offers no explanation, no solution, and only retells the same few cases over & again.
>>
>>39931168
Skinfuckers up to there old tricks
>>
>>39931203
I've been here so long this is the first thing I thought of
>>
>>39931168
Wisconsin/Michigan border is where you need to keep an eye out. Trust me on this one. As for carry, .45 acp or better if going without shotgun or rifle.
Special Note: Peace pipes by Native indians were also used to figure out if the new guest to camp was not human as many creatures could not handle the smoke.
>>
>>39931168
>what is taking these people
Their own goddamn stupidity. Guarentee half fell into a ravine or in a river because they were morons.
>>
>>39931226
>cont
When you took a puff from the pipe. If you blew out normal or coughed with smoke you were observed and talked to as but later considered a guest.
If you refused or fake inhaled they would insist on more.
The elders would watch you, while the best hunters in tribe would have weapons nearby just in case. Contained in a tent with the best warriors on hand. This is how they kept their communities safe from those who are not human.
>>
>>39931168

Glock 29.
>>
>>39931196
Who cares. He's a good story teller and these are interesting stories most people wouldn't otherwise have heard of.
>>
>>39931261
From Michigan with an itch to get spooby.
Any more details, greentexts, more specific areas to investigate?
>>
>>39931226
>>39931261
False
>>
>>39931304
That's not how your pronounce Glock 40 anon
>>
>>39931168
Obviously nobody needs to go hiking and it’s a foolish callback to our less progressive past. Now we have civilization, cities and apartments with markets and malls to go to, why would you need to go out in the woods and possibly injure yourself or others. I propose a ban on hiking without the proper purpose and license for doing so, such as surveying or research.
>>
>>39931168
Colorado eagle scout here, having hunted and hiked all over the state my first guess would be they fell, or otherwise were injured by terrain and were unable to get help. The area you mentioned is not the most easily accessible area and the slopes are pretty sheer in places, even on the trails. The weather in the mountains can also turn from Sunny to rain/snow in minutes so injury from exposure for the unprepared is something I've witnessed first hand.

As to what load out a hiker should carry, whatever gives you peace of mind. I've never wished for something heavier than my 1911 even when coming across a bear.
>>
>>39932620
Would you like to earn your Commie killing badge? Dispose of the retard above you.
>>
>>39931168
Its some god damn floppies at it again.

Minimum loadout should be a FAL, a hi power, and a full set of Alpenflage
>>
>>39931196
Fuck you with your logic and common sense.
Skinwalkers? Skinwalkers. 100%.
Time to make a pilgrimage and make a rape on old skin faggot.
>>
>>39932398
No one will bite
>>
>>39932398
Based common sense bait
>>
>>39932634
unfortunately killing californians is still considered a crime for some reason. But don't worry nature seems to like doing it herself.
>>
>>39931168

>What do you think is out there taking these people and what type of loadout should hikers carry?

I wouldn't worry about it
>>
>>39931261
Neat
>>
>>39932398
Common sense human control
>>
>>39931168
Nothing, they're dying of exposure.
>Be califag
>Move to Boulder because "progressive city" (and lower cost of living)
>All my yuppie friends go hiking and post their trips on Instagram
>I wanna look cool and one with nature too!
>Don't know shit about the outdoors but I'll just go REI lol
>Go innawoods
>Don't know fuckall about planning
>Don't know fuckall about landnav
>Don't know fuckall about bushcraft
>Get lost, die because I only packed granola and a windbreaker

I saw it outside Seattle all the fucking time. People going out to take pictures for social media and not packing anymore more than some energy bars, a bottle of water, and MAYBE a sweater. I volunteered with SAR up until I moved and 95% of the people we got called out to find were retarded yuppies who go lost and didn't carry anything but some shit in their pockets. Or even worse 60 lbs of shit from REI they don't know how to use.
>>
>>39932639
>Skinwalkers
that is not a real thing. these people are probably lost and need someone to go find them. i recommend if you are in that area you go help the rescue efforts. dont bring a gun because no one needs a paranoid guy with a gun on a search and rescue team
>>
>>39932802
>don't bring a gun innawoods
Sure
>>
>>39932802
>t.skinwalker
>>
>>39931196
>I also hate David Paulides because he always dismisses simple explanations.
So he's basically /pol/ and /x/.
It gets clicks and views, if everyone applied occam's razor, half of youtube would vanish.
Not that you're not wrong, it frustrates me too.
>>
>>39932802
Next level skinwalker antics
>>
>>39931168
People die around Longs all the time because it's very rugged terrain but in a crowded national park and close to cities so it attracts unprepared retards.
>>
>>39932802
Logic and reasoning on /k/? You could get away with that on night /k/ but day /k/are is a 24 hour service now.
>>
>>39931168

Mexicans making drugs.
>>
>>39932398
Hiking is racist because it's prominently enjoyed by white people
>>
>>39931168 bears ate them

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.