[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: Slot Machine.jpg (80 KB, 413x438)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
Old one hit bump limit. Post your questions that don't deserve their own thread here.
>>
What the fuck can I use to get this paint off this WASR? I’ve had it soaking in a solution of paint thinner and brake fluid cleaner for like 3 hours and it’s done nothing. I have an abrasive sponge and I scrub and scrub and it doesn’t seem to do anything.

>got the gun for free.
>>
>>39924999
could try raw paint thinner or nail polish remover, or you could just paint over it
>>
>>39925016
I had just plain paint thinner in it and it wasnt doing the trick, added the brake cleaner to give it more fluid.

Is acetone stronger than paint thinner? Its like $17 a gallon vs. $8 for paint thinner.
>>
>>39924999
Aircraft paint remover, or paint over it.
>>
>>39924999
asked a chemistry guy I know and he said there are a couple potential solutions. Here's what he said: "because different paints are made using different solvents, different solvents are more effective on various types of paints. Paint thinner is most effective on model paint and spray paint. latex paint is water based, so water is the best solvent. some paint is oil based, and for that turpentine is best. Additionally, you may need a heat gun to accelerate the dissolution for well dried paint."

Looks like that paint is probably oil paint based on your previous efforts and the application pattern, so acetone plus a heat gun is probably your best bet - but you'll probably want to wear a particulate filtering mask as you work.
>>
>>39925201
>acetone
>heat gun

Anon, thats not funny hes going to fucking catch himself on fire.
>>
>>39925224
just a lil bit of heat lol, don't go above the 465 centigrade/ 869 F ignition point and you'll be fine.
>>
What company is importing the new auto-meatballs?
>>
File: TREBLINKA-BAZINGA.jpg (27 KB, 796x464)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
I'm selling a Russian SKS and have already listed it on Gunboards, Armslist, and my state's classifieds site. Any other (non-auction) recommendations?
>>
>>39924999
Sometimes really old, well-hardened paint needs to soak in solvent for a few days to soften.

Some solvents have the potential to damage that plastic pistol grip. If you don't like the cammo, you could just put a couple coats of nonreflective black spray paint on it and call it good.
>>
Hi. Does anyone reload here?

I've been trying to find load data for light "cowboy" loads in .44 Magnum brass with cast lead bullets in the 200-240 grain range, using either the commonly available Alliant powders or W231. I'm just shooting paper so I'm only looking for 650-700 f.p.s. muzzle velocity.

Does anyone have any personal experience here, a load that you've actually used, or a good source of load data? Thanks.
>>
File: fullsizeoutput_10aa.jpg (25 KB, 200x270)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
Sent an AK pistol via UPS but I didn't tell them it was a firearm.... did I fuck up?
>>
>>39925821
>>39925821
tacswap or AK files, although doesn't seem to be a big market on tacswap for com bloc weapons
>>
>>39924999
really depends on how they painted it
>>
>>39926408
Shut the fuck up nigger and dont tell anyone every again. I hope you're using a VPN
>you would have been fine if you didn't say anything, you're still probably fine
>be wary of suspicious vans outside of your house
>>
as a ny citizen, i will be staying with someone in Pennsylvania for a little bit. my license and home address are in new york. can i purchase a firearm in Pennsylvania to keep where i am staying? not for carrying or bringing across state lines
>>
>>39926449
>>be wary of suspicious vans outside of your house
its not illegal dumbass. Im just worried that now it might be stolen because its getting sent to an obvious gun smith

>UPS not USPS
>>
>>39926488
shit i meant to specify i want a pistol
>>
>>39926488
Idn but as a PA native, welcome to a taste of freedom. maybe have your friend "gift" it to you
>>
>>39926543
this would work because its not illegal but i feel like the employees might not feel right about selling to a ny license even though theres no crime
>>
>>39926570
Oh shit. Nm dude I almost lead you astray.
Here in PA all pistol sales require a background check. You could always call a gun store but they will probably tell you that you need a PA license.
>>
>>39926601
ohh ok. ill try just giving one a call locally, thank you for the help it's much appreciated
>>
File: IMG_20181206_185132.jpg (3.69 MB, 4608x2112)
3.69 MB
3.69 MB JPG
Anyone know what kind of stripper clips these are?
>>
>>39926998
I've got some brass colored .303 ones but none of them have springs with rounded ends they all look like the third from the left.
>>
>>39924828
Hey guys, I have a couple of handguns I'm tired of. Tomorrow (likely, given they don't try and fuck me) I'm going to trade them in at a shop. I'm looking at a Daewoo DR-200, a DSA Steyr build FAL, a Norinco MAK-90, or maybe a PTR-9C. I kind of like the idea of the PTR MP5 clone just because if there is anything wrong with it I can get it fixed straight away. What do you guys think? Should I pass and wait for a possible later trade in or go for a new Raifu? I already own several AKs and a PTR-91 so my battle rifle and AK collection is solid, I would normally just by the Daewoo but I understand replacement parts to be next to impossible to find. I like the idea of the PTR-9 because I want a PCC.
>>
>>39926998
They look Mauser or Springfield-ish to me. They are definitely NOT M16 strippers, Mosin-Nagant strippers, SKS strippers, or Enfield stripper clips.
>>
Translucent G3/Hk91 mags. Anyone know where to find them in the US? I think MKE used to make them but I've never seen them for sale anywhere.
>>
>>39925224
Came here to say this. Don't fuck around with a heat gun and solvents.
>>
>>39927043
I've never heard of such a thing. The only polymer HK91/G3 mags I've ever seen are the old Thermolds, and they're black, not transparent or translucent.

If you say they exist, I believe you, but I have never seen them for sale in the US.
>>
File: rimg.jpg (167 KB, 800x451)
167 KB
167 KB JPG
>>39927064
Tell me you don't want one though
>>
File: 1544128288824.png (91 KB, 650x450)
91 KB
91 KB PNG
What are some good websites to buy machine guns from? GunBroker doesn't have what I'm looking for
>>
>>39927845
Check your local ATF office
>>
File: image.jpg (2.43 MB, 4032x3024)
2.43 MB
2.43 MB JPG
Why different shades of 3 in 1? Is it expired? less effective? darker is older
>>
>>39927845
The registry?
>>
>>39924828
There was a sailor who established his own successful country somewhere in Asia back in the 1800s, would anyone know who I’m talking about? Pretty sure he was British too.
>>
What's a comparable vfg stylewise to the tango down stubby or the Samson Vertical Grip that's not $50-$70?
>>
Would it be safe/possible for me to shoot .454 jacketed hollowpoints designed for something like 45 auto through a .44 muzzleloader? Would the copper go through the rifling easy enough or would it make too much pressure? I've looked online for solid lead Minie balls for.44 but I can't find any, just the molds. Should I just stick to balls if I wanna kill piggers or whitetail with something like a Walker?

>>39927845
Google NFA trader, I think that's what it's called
>>
Hello, I want to start piecing together my own lowers. Will this bench vice be enough to tighten tubes or break staking on them?

https://www.amazon.com/Pegasus-Multi-Function-Sawhorse-Clamps-Holding/dp/B01HREBZ3M/ref=sr_1_10?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1544148057&sr=1-10&keywords=workbench

Living in an apartment right now and want to have a compact workstation.
>>
>>39928166
There are plastic sabots, if you want to shoot modern jacketed bullets over blackpowder. The ones for .45 caliber rifles should fit the Walker.

Lead round balls and conical bullets killed an awful lot of animals back in the day, though. A lead round ball should be fine with good shot placement.
>>
>>39928216
Yeah I know lots of tree niggers were killed with ball ammo, I am mainly wanting to do it for better ballastics
>>
How bad of an idea is selling a handgun to a 20 year old? It's legal for private parties to do in my state, is a bill of sale enough to cover my ass?
>>
>>39928597
>legal for private parties to do in my state
>cover my ass
if it’s legal there’s no NEED to cover, but it is better to be safe than sorry, especially when it’s not any much extra work at all.
>>
>>39928634
Fuck it, I'm not gonna risk it. Thanks bro.
>>
>>39928711
If it makes you feel better I passed on privately selling a handgun to a 20 year old around two months ago at the gun show. He seemed like a nice enough guy but the fact that he had several friends/hangers on with him and didn't seem to give a shit about the gun he was trying to buy from me didn't inspire a ton of confidence. These days you can never be to careful, and I didn't want to end up a feature in the next CommieFaggoting Post article about how any old mentally deficient high schooler could buy a pistol at the gun show. If I knew the buyer, it would be a totally different story.
>>
What is the SOP for reporting a position in the military? Was watching a helmet cam a few days ago and they reported something like "VB55169156." What does this mean?
>>
>>39929319
That's a map grid coordinate.

It means, if I recall correctly--it's been long time, and I hope someone can correct me if I'm wrong--that we start on map page coded VB for the current theater.

US military maps are divided into one-kilometer "grid squares."

We would start at the bottom left corner of the map and go right to enter vertical column marked 55 (most real world US military maps are a lot smaller than this, but this is what it would mean with the number you gave), then go about 160m into it, past the left-side (western) edge of the grid square.

Then we would go north 91 squares, and 560m, a little past the center line of it.

You have given an eight digit grid square coordinate, which is good to a resolution of 10m. Ten digits would give 1m resolution. I believe artillery is normally called using six-digit coordinates, for a resolution of 100m, then "walked" onto the intended target, then, when the forward observer judges it to be good enough, he will tell the firing unit to "fire for effect." Artillery can also be called in to specific pre-planned, pre-aimed, pre-targeted points with code names--but that's getting beyond what you asked.
>>
>>39925821
What are you asking for it?
>>
>>39924999
Methylene chloride. Use in paint removers and as fast dry traffic paint thinner. Shit will dissolve anything that isn't metal.
>>
>>39926366
If it isn't on Alliant's website, go check out castboolits.com. Excellent body of knowledge there.
>>
>>39928166
Slug the bore and cylinders. Find a bullet that'll fit without having to swage much. Or shoot copper plated lead bullets. Anything with a big meplat will work.
>>
>>39925821
price?
>>
Is there a decent .380 that's double action? Double action only trigger pull pisses me off. And I would prefer an exposed hammer. Might consider a Makarov, too. Anybody know what's good as far as country of origin goes? I haven't looked around at those in a long time.
>>
>>39929708
Did someone say Walther PPK?

Because I think someone said Walther PPK.

Not every PPK feeds hollowpoints without a bit of fluff and buff work to the feed ramp and barrel throat, but that's okay in .380 because most .380 hollowpoints don't expand worth a shit anyway, and the ones that do don't penetrate very well, so you carry roundnose FMJ anyway.

Also the lower outer corners of the slide are sharp, so be careful how you hold it, because it WILL cut you if you hold it wrong.

But you wanted a good quality DA/SA .380, and the PPK is it.
>>
>>39929708
>>39929744
Don't neglect to mention the Sig Sauer P230 or P232, the gun the PPK should have been.
>>
I really want a magnified optic, but eye relief is a big problem for me. Are there any mag. optics where my eye can be more than an inch away
>>
>>39924828
Yes where can I buy a shirt with that design
>>
>>39924828
I'm really thinking of getting the MP5 from PTR
besides it's fugly handguard that I think I can replace it, anything else wrong with them?
>>
Taking a K98 to the range on Sunday. LGS has PPU ammo for it. Anything I need to know, or should avoid when it comes to the ammo? I know 8mm Mauser is the same as 7.92x57, and the ammo I'm picking up is marked as 7.92x57.

This will be the first time I've shot the rifle, but not the first time it's been shot since it made its way to the states after WW2. My dad says he shot it a few years ago.
>>
>>39929834
How magnified are we talking? A plain magnifier usually has better relief, and you can stack it with your non-magnified optic of choice.
>>
>>39930103
>usually has better relief
Meant to say >can have
>>
>>39929834
There are lots of configurations and lots of choices.

It sounds like you may like the "Scout Rifle" concept, or rather the optics designed for it.

There are pistol scopes designed for proper eye relief on a handgun held at arm's length. There are rifle mounts for such scopes for people who prefer them--part of the reason is avoiding injuries to the forehead from the eyepiece bell of the scope on hard-kicking calibers, part because the scope mounted far forward doesn't interfere with quickly sticking cartridges into the magazine from the top.
>>
>>39930094
PPU rifle ammo is good stuff. It'll be fine.
>>
I'm assuming it is actually federally illegal to carry a gun in a bar or else it's horrifying fudd lore. What is the actual law?
>>
>>39930153
It varies by state. I don't think there are Federal laws, but I could be mistaken.

In many states a person with a CCW is prohibited from entering establishments that serve alcohol, and the laws do not distinguish whether it's a high-class restaurant that serves wine with meals or Bubba's Biker Bar.

Speak with local sources, maybe someone who does CCW training classes, for appropriate information for your area.
>>
File: nachoNuggets.gif (178 KB, 1056x816)
178 KB
178 KB GIF
>>39929744
>>39929776
The PPK is one I knew about. I've got a PA-63, but the recoil is a bit snappy for my wife, even after new springs. I'll look at the Sigs, and thanks.

Here's a recipe for your trouble. It's the favorite of the picture recipes I've made for the kids in my Life Skills class.
>>
>>39930153
Depends on state, but don't fuck with it

Gun in bar while not drinking = depends on state
Gun in bar while drinking = depends on state but pretty much always illegal

Gun+bar and gun+drinking have enough laws covering them that there's pretty much no scenario where you can do all three while remaining legal. Only exception I can think of is if you own the bar and have the property listed as your residence, but even then the legally-grey dickery is going to be just as bad as if you actually committed a crime.
>>
>>39929834
>>39930144
I didn't particularly want a scope on my .30-30, but my son and I drew a father-son hunt in February that requires a scoped rifle. I went with a 2-7x Vortex scope on a scout mount. I love it.
>>
>>39930168
Thanks for the recipe.
>>
>>39925201
>water based latex
>use water to remove

BOI
Denatured Alcohol is best for this
t. 5 years painting houses

The most hardcore shit possible (that I know of) is MEK. Methyl Ethyl Ketone. I do not know if it will strip the phosphate/factory finish off. I guess it won't but I'm not a chemist
>>
>>39930204
Phosphate isn't soluble in MEK.

But if you dry all the oil out of a parkerized finish and leave it exposed to air, the parkerizing is porous and the steel underneath can begin to rust after a few days, maybe faster if it's humid.

Then, too, how many "parkerized" finishes these days are actually paint, that MEK would strip off?
>>
Anybody have a link to that video of a Russian dude testing turkshit shotguns and they're all duds?
>>
>>39930202
Having to come up with tasty food my literal autists can cook is a part of my job I enjoy. The next project, which has grown out of a joke I told in class, is nacho pizza.

What do you do when somebody else drops their chips and queso? Don't worry, it's nacho problem.
>>
>>39930164
>>39930193
Thanks guys. I currently CC illegally, willing taking the risk because the 2A basically isn't real since 1934. I've been hearing that it's a federal law lumping bars and schools and government buildings together as nofuns zones. It's illegal in my state, I'm just curious if it's a federal law
>>
File: Dredd-Ma-Ma.jpg (49 KB, 620x349)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>39930204
>Methyl Ethyl Ketone
>Ma-Ma's legal name

>>39930168
Any gun that small, even in 380, is going to be snappy. The Sigs aren't any better than the PPK, in fact they might as well be clones without interchangeable parts. Using a gun like the PPK or one of those Sigs just takes practice.

I had the option to buy a P230 or a PPK a while back and went with the PPK because it felt more like a gun and less like a fashion accessory.

For pure utility in that category, the Bersa Thunder 380 is great and a lot cheaper new than the former two used. I know Bersa has a certain reputation but they've been making the Thunder for a long time and it's very well built these days.
>>
>>39930216
Fake steel treatments are fake. MEK is by far the strongest shit I've used. I don't think it's reactive with metals though. It will fuck up polymers/latex/rubber so fast. Acetone is a good substitute, mineral spirits is good for nothing but thinning oil based paints and stains.
>>
File: ppkbersa.jpg (922 KB, 1920x1080)
922 KB
922 KB JPG
>>39930245
>I currently CC illegally
Stop that. Get your license even if you don't agree with the fact that you have to get one. See next point.
>Willing taking the risk because the 2A basically isn't real since 1934
Carrying a gun isn't a form of protest. If you want the laws changed, vote. If you don't like who is running, campaign. If you can't campaign, grassroots some shit on a message board. You only hurt other gun owners when you throw in the towel and say "fuck it, I don't like the laws so I won't obey them". That's the weak way out, and you know damn well you won't be painted as a hero when the day comes that you have to face that shit.

>>39930168
Hi
>>39930257
again

Here's a picture of my PPK with my Bersa Thunder 380.
>>
>>39930238
You gonna go with a regular pizza crust or a tortilla crust?
>>
>>39930304
Yeah i know. The governor keeps vetoing constitutional carry. Maybe i am protesting by concealing illegally, never thought of it that way. This is a shall issue state but I'm still tinfoilpilled about being on a list.
>>
I was wanting to buy an Ithaca 37 defense with the 8 round magazine and 20 inch barrel, but I've recently heard the barrels on that particular model are fixed and can't be changed out for a longer barrel is that true?
>>
>>39927871
>>
>>39930257
How's the trigger pull on that Bersa? I'm inclined to absolutely hate most of the DAO handguns I've handled.

>>39930336
Both grocery stores in my town sell ready-made corn masa. Gonna buy a bag and have the kids roll their own crust. I use sheets of waxed paper above and below whatever they're rolling out for maximum success and minimum cleanup. That technique has worked for lots of stuff we've cooked. Next week in science class we'll be making rock candy and copperplating whatever little pieces of metal the kids bring for me to make shiny red. And all you need to do copperplating is root killer, some copper, and a D-cell battery. Did that to a rifle sight once for shits and giggles. It was lots more durable than I expected.
>>
>>39930514
You could get an older one with the extended magazine. I don't know much about current production but the older ones did not have fixed barrels.
>>
>>39930563
Just don't let 'em drink the copper sulfate solution.
>>
>>39930567
Nah i'm a leaf so the used gun market is basically non-existant. I'll just pick up an older 870 instead
>>
>>39930563
>How's the trigger pull on that Bersa? I'm inclined to absolutely hate most of the DAO handguns I've handled.

It's actually very light compared to the PPK, and than my 92 with a D spring. The Bersa is quite spongy though on the DA.

That being said, the Bersa isn't DAO. It's DA/SA.The SA on the Bersa is very crisp, maybe 2-3mm of travel before break.
>>
>>39924828
what ammo do i buy for my first AR? it has a 1:7 twist. I found bulk 55 grain, but from what I gather heavier bullets have tighter groups,but cost way more. next year I will have to do reloads and reloads only. those of you who know why know why.
>>
>>39930629
What do you want to do with it?

For plinking, bulk 55 grain M193 is fine.

For long-range target shooting, 1:7 barrels typically give best accuracy with bullets a bit heavier. Handloads or Federal Gold Medal Match with the 69gr or 77gr Sierra MatchKing bullet would be the place to start there.

Or do you mean to hunt whitetail deer, or coyotes? Or are you asking about SHTF ammo to stockpile?
>>
>>39928214
yeah, that should *probably* be alright, just don't get too retarded on your staking and you shouldn't run into problems taking them apart.
>>
>>39929615
Thanks.
>>
>>39929943
http://arizonarifleworks.com/APPAREL_c_96.html

>>39929987
not particular, PTR has a generally good reputation
>>
>>39930642
I'm buying 2x 500 round boxes. I hope that is enough. once the ammo is gone I will have to reload or get creative. I don't have reloading gear, but what it sounds like I'll end up doing is buying in bulk while I can and then saving all the brass for heavier reloads down the line. I havent shot in YEARS, so I figure 55gn 5.56 will suffice.

I don't hunt, this is for me to get acquainted with the platform, teach my son the ropes, and hold a small stock in case SHTF. I'm having doubts that 1000 rounds is enough, but money is tight and I am on a lead free diet, so I gotta save enough cash to keep food on the table.

Also, what's up with 223? I read that it's essentially the same as 5.56 but lower FPS? I don't remember, I fell asleep :/
>>
File: cheesburgerTotCasserole.gif (2.32 MB, 3300x2550)
2.32 MB
2.32 MB GIF
>>39930570
I once meet a blue man. Not from the performers. This guy fell in a vat of that stuff in some industrial accident and his skin never went back to normal. I tell the story in detail before we start that experiment.

>>39930594
>DA/SA

Did not know that, now I'm wanting one. I could just get some dies (I already reload for my rifles, but I'm not much of a pistol guy) and see how light a load would reliably cycle the slide, too.

Then I went and looked them up. They actually look like a solid choice.

Have another recipe.
>>
>>39930692
That should be sufficient. M193 is a fair all-around performer though some find it lacking at long-range target performance. It's always had a good reputation for antipersonnel work out to 150m or thereabouts, depending on barrel length.

5.56mm runs max acceptable pressures 15% higher than .223, or more. This generally means about a 200 feet per second difference in muzzle velocity, all else being equal.

Have you considered a .22 LR for high-volume practice, and just shooting the AR15 enough to familiarize yourself with it, if money for practice ammo is tight? .22 LR gets you a lot more bangs per dollar than 5.56mm does.
>>
File: ausgun.jpg (147 KB, 597x817)
147 KB
147 KB JPG
>>39930304
not the guy you're responding to, but your argument against civil disobedience is fucking dumb.

>hurr just vote
Your vote literally doesn't matter, it cannot make a difference unless your vote was the decider. When votes are close they do a re count anyway, meaning you will literally never be the tiebreaker. Even if you convinced enough people to vote a particular pro-gun politician in, again, it literally does not matter and will make no difference. He will be drowned out by the myriad of other anti-gun politicians.

Essentially what you're suggesting is that one person should try and totally change which party controls his state and their opinions. By convincing a plurality of the voters in his state to agree with him. It is an impossible task set so he can fulfil the basic human need of defending his own life.

Democracy is fucked, an individual has no voice. Hiding behind "just work within the system" is nothing but cowardice. Taking personal responsibility for your own security is called having some fucking integrity.
>>
>>39930740
>22 LR gets you a lot more bangs per dollar than 5.56mm does.
It does something else, too: it has longer barrel time so it magnifies you mistakes more than a centerfire will.
>>
>>39930238
nacho pizza, brown some ground chuck off in a pan with taco seasoning, add 1/3 pico de gallo and cook until onions go translucent, spread over soft taco, cover with mexican cheese blend and let sit under broiler until cheese is melted.
>>
>>39930740
I plan on picking a 10/22 up soon. i bought a 500rd .22 brick, but i seem to have misplaced it. I should buy another just in case. are 556 and 223 casings rated the same? Can I reload heavier 62+ grain bullets into casings that originally held 55gn 223? I'm green as fuck and I won't lie.
>>
>>39930778
5.56mm and .223 cases are identical in external dimensions. Beyond that--some sources say that military brass is a little heavier, to reduce the likelihood of case head separations due to the extremely violent extraction cycle of belt-fed LMGs. Other sources say that there is more variation between manufacturers of commercial .223 brass than there is between .223 and 5.56mm, and that some brass headstamped .223 is made on 5.56mm tooling to 5.56mm specs. I am told that handloaders should consider them interchangeable--which means you work up the load from the start each time you get a new batch of brass or a different headstamp, stopping at any sign of unsafe pressures.

And yes, get .22 LR ammo now while you can--for most of the duration of the Obama administration there was a severe nationwide shortage of 22 LR and it is now cheap and widely available again. A 10/22 is fine. A Marlin 795 or Savage 64 would also be fine. Or even a bolt-action, for practice and plinking. I have a prewar Remington 513 Targetmaster with old all-steel Lyman peep sights, and it is much more accurate than I can shoot, despite having a lightweight sporter barrel.
>>
>>39930753
>Your vote literally doesn't matter, also everything else in your post regarding politics
I literally talked about that, and what you can do to make it matter in my reply

>Taking personal responsibility for your own security is called having some fucking integrity
That's what I am actually arguing for, but you dismissed this idea with your assumption that voting doesn't matter and therefore you should just give up

Only difference is you define security as just personal protection from other persons, and I broaden that definition to protection from the state, which is what the 2A was originally meant for.

I'm all for ideas and ideologues, but your specific and narrow-minded view on this topic is going to get you killed when you pull a "muh rights" on a state trooper, and your well-defined arguments forged in the fire of the all knowing internet aren't going to help you.

tl;dr you're a coward. "Waaah votes don't matter" - People who lost the latest relevant election and don't have the initiative to do anything about it except complain, 2018 (colorized, like ur mum)
>>
>>39930768
We're thinking along the same lines, I've just got to do it in a simplified special education way. Since this year's life skills are mainly functional communication, I won't be cooking with them until February. I've got lots of time to experiment.

>Good night anons, and thanks for the information and conversation.
>>
>>39930803
Alright, time to hit the hay. Thanks for the info. Do you have any catcher or deflector recommendations? I'm left side dominant and dont want to get hit in the face and I'm too stingy to leave brass on the ground.
>>
>>39930840
I also shoot long guns left handed and have had zero brass-to-face problems with a standard military type flattop upper with the built-in brass deflector.

The AR does eject brass a long way, or at least mine--a frankengun with an inexpensive Palmetto State Armory upper on a cheap lower I got at a gun show years ago. When I am at a place where I won't be permitted to pick up my brass, I just shoot the Russian steelcase stuff, which has never caused a problem yet. Though, obviously, not every rifle runs it reliably, so shoot a few boxes before you buy a case for practice. Some people reload the steel cases, though I am told that most are Berdan-primed and difficult to deprime. Berdan primers aren't easy to get in the US, either.
>>
>>39930852
good to know. I'm a cheap bastard that wanted russian milsurp, but politicians forced me into the arms of PSA for a $299 MOE special. that steel cased ammo is mighty tempting, but its not in stock at the moment.
>>
>>39930870
Wal-Mart usually has plenty of Russian steelcase .223 on the shelves.

Or try sgammo.com. They have Russian Tula brand .223 steelcase under $200/1000 rounds, in stock right now, though of course you will also need to pay shipping on that.
>>
>>39930683
>PTR has a generally good reputation
Thanks. How would their mp5 build up to the APC9 or TP9? I can only get one, as I only got one pistol purchase permit before I move
>>
>>39931105
for my money, both the APC9 and TP9 are better guns due to their use of more modern designs, materials, and manufacturing techniques.
>PTR MP5 - best aesthetics
>APC 9 best PCC/ SMG stand-in among them - potentially the best suppressor host for tactical use
>TP9 - the only one of those you can plausibly use the same way you'd use a pistol with reasonable effect in their pistol configuration, that said if you're not going the SBR route this is probably best.
>>
Any places where I can buy stolen Russian equipment
>>
What would happen if I shot this gun with the cracked stock?

http://www.armslist.com/posts/9080463/denver-colorado-shotguns-for-sale--century-arms-jw-2000-12ga-coach-gun
>>
>>39931419
you'd risk cracking it more, but that's about it
>>
>>39931487
No safety issues? My cousin is coming into town and I want to meme out with him.
>>
>>39926366
Isnt that what trailboss powder is for?
>>
>>39931488
no safety issues unless the receiver, action, or barrel are cracked or otherwise damaged
>>
>>39931532
Awesome. I'm buying this shit today then
>>
>>39931551
Might want to pick up some wood glue or other repairing materials if you want to keep that crack from spreading. Unchecked it will eventually break the stock.
>>
>>39931581
I've got a gift card to home Depot. Sounds like a plan
>>
How many .44 magnums could you fit into an x-frame cylinder? Is 7-8 possible?
>>
>>39924828
Anyone buy land?
I'm starting to eye things in the $50k range for a cabin and hunting property.

Found something an hour away with 30 acres. Kinda nervous and could get some others' stories.
>>
>>39926408

Nothing will happen, but yeah. That shit is a felony. And you'd get DP'd in court because it's technically a pistol.
>>
>>39932419
UPS? Felony?
>>
>need xmas gift ideas
>dad gets a new rifle for deer hunting since straight walled rifles are legal in ohio now
>ruger .450 bushmaster
>hes all excited about it and he recently got a deer with it

What accessories would you guys recommend? I was thinking about one of those buttstock pouches that have the little sleeves to hold cartridges in cause he needs one handy, but I can't seem to find one that looks like it will hold a .450 bushmaster. Any other ideas?

the guy is super hard to buy for because he never mentions what he needs if you ask and just buys it if he does need it.
>>
>>39932852
buy a couple boxes of different .450 hunting ammo so he can test to see which is most accurate
>>
>>39932889
Hmm not a bad idea
>>
>>39932852
That's pretty much how I am. I've got enough 'junk' and 'stuff' and doesn't desire anything off the shelves these days.

Ammo, or dies if he has expressed an interest in reloading.
Buy his hunting license for next year
Clear his schedule and spend time with him for a day. No homo, that'd be the best for me.
>>
>>39924828
There is a chance I could be moving to Virginia within the next few months, what’s the 2A situation there? My tastes may be a bit more on the fudd side but I still like muh salt rifles. Coming from PA btw.
>>
/pol/ack here. I heard about this thing called the do/k/ument, but I found nothing on google. Can someone tell me about it?
>>
How hard is it to get an FFL? / can you get an FFL if you don't really run a business? I'm considering applying for one just so I can have guns shipped to my house.
>>
>>39933067
loosely organized download containing all manner of stuff. lots from the anarchist cookbook, a bunch if army training manuals. some of them have philosophy and humor sections thrown in too
>>
>>39933132
I did. It's not worth it.

Your address is public and the ATF could always pay you a surprise visit, or a burgler. Idk whick would be worse. In my interview, the agent made me said I intended to sell at least 100/yr. Not a law, but a principle to strive for.

I lost my home insurance too. There's zero profit in new inventory. Had to deal with FBI traces. Not cool to get a phone call while at work and the caller ID is 'FBI'.

Made about $10k flipping used inventory though. If I had a off-site address with free rent, I would have prolly kept it.

Oh and you can only see on premise. City zoning wouldn't let me do business in my home, so I was fucked on that angle too.
>>
>>39933132
Also, look into a C&R. That's the best of both worlds IMO.
>>
>>39933134
Is there a not-torrent download that you know of?
>>
>>39932419
You are confused friendo. USPS it’s a felony UPS it’s not
>>
>>39924828
What's the quickest and easiest way to a cmp certified? I want to buy an m1 garand from cmp but how would I go about purchasing it? I live in California and I know I have to fill out a background check and all sorts of stuff at the ffl. Do i have to call up the ffl before my purchase or does the seller do that? This is so confusing. Lastly, should I reconsider the rifle I want to get?
>>
>>39933333
Someone so dumb doesn't deserve those digits.
Get a C&R, pay the fee to join some online approved club, then order it.
>>
>>39933193
not really, I'm sure it exists but it's just gonna be a mega or mediafire link. only real way to get that would be to somehow find the guy who made it. what do you have against torrents
>>
>>39933386
Does the People's Republic of Mexifornia allow C&R, or is that B& there?
>>
>>39933396
Not him, but some ISPs ban and block torrent traffic, because it is presumed to be pirated movies, or some such retarded thing.
>>
>>39933396
I have nothing, but my PC has linux
>>
>>39933402
Haha, you're fucked. Can't have a gun shipped to you in CA and doubly fucked for being so retarded you can't Google that.
>>
>>39933333
Join garand collectors association online for 25 bucks and they also send you magazines. For marksmanship either get your ccw permit, shoot in a match at your local range, or have your local range safety officer put on paper that you have. Then get a copy of your Birth certificate if you don't have one. Your state's bureau of vital statistics can send you one. Form can be found online. Order a service grade or better if it's your first garand. They will tend to have better barrels. Hop to it. They won't hand rifles forever and garands will keep getting more expensive
>>
What should I look for in a shooting spot innawoods?
I have a contour map of the area, but at the top of the hills is a major trail, so I assume I should shoot perpendicular, away from the trail, but generally that's downhill.
This is medium density forest, by the way. I wish I lived in the nice Arizona desert with its clear hills.
>>
>>39933809
A safe backstop and good enough visibility that you aren't going to end up with a gun pointed at some lost hiker who steps out from behind a tree between you and the target.
>>
>>39929573
>>39929681
$600 shipped
>>
>>39933809
look for a steep incline, ideally a three sides blocked by hills. They don't need to be very wall, just steep, and when you get there make sure it's soft soil you're shooting into as your backstop instead of rocks. plan a couple of locations you can try in case the first one you go to doesn't have a good backstop
>>
Is Maverick 88 the best choice for cheap home defense weapon in commiefornia?
>>
Any reloaders here? I'm trying to load a .454 case with a light for caliber 185gr bullet and the reloading data says to crimp the bullet at the ogive. How tight would I have to crimp have to be to cause pressure problems?

As a second question and for additional info on the first, I'm using the maximum load for a 230gr loading on my 185gr rounds. The powder volume combined with the deep seating might be compressing the powder, but not extremely. The bullet can be pressed about 1/10 of an inch further into the case before the powder is packed too much to let the bullet in any further. That's not too much compression, right?
>>
>>39934250
Compressed pistol loads are fine
>>
>>39934219
Your best personal defense option is to GTFO of the DPRK.

Move to a free state where you aren't nearly so likely to get crucified by the DA's office if you want to talk about self-defense with a firearm.
>>
File: 1544038085261.jpg (567 KB, 1439x1294)
567 KB
567 KB JPG
>>39934219
No, it is hot garbage. Spend a little more on a mossberg if you're determined to go shotgun
>>
Anons, I pose to you all a dilemma:

So, I currently only own a (Very nice) shotgun but would like to get either a BR or a nice CCW pistol. Both will require additional certifications (and I probably will be allowed to own the pistol but not CC it - thanks to our police chief) and quite a lot of paperwork.

Should I pursue a pistol or continue saving my shekels for a BR? I have about 700$ saved up currently.
>>
I hope I can express this correctly:
What would be the minimum amount of cartridges a select fire gun could carry in a magazine for you to consider it a viable gun?

The M16 came with 20 round mags, IIRC, so I guess that's at least good enough. But what about 15 rounds? 10? Even less than that? At what point does it stop making sense as a gun with full-auto capabilities?
>>
Is a lever shotty anything good or are levers just for bragging and taking pictures?
>>
>>39934448
Get a rifle UNLESS your state has assault weapon laws. A pistol will just need real mags if you move. A gimped rifle will cost a couple hundred dollars to un-comply.
>>
>>39934793
we got OG Clinton era ban laws. So, not as bad as WA, but, we're talking like Mini-14s et al. I'm the guy shilling the M1 garand scout as a do-all rifle - because thats really waht's easy to buy/doesn't require a ton of work
>>
>>39934829
Just save for the rifle.
>>
File: 1525323214116.jpg (17 KB, 640x480)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
I'm trying to restore my grandpa's old Winchester, I want to keep what little finish is left on it but also remove all the rust. I've used #4 steel wool (the softest) and various cleaners, hoppes, Remington clp, wd40, and a lot of the rust remains even after 30 minutes on the same spot. Any recommendations?
>>
File: M9.jpg (1.45 MB, 3499x2192)
1.45 MB
1.45 MB JPG
What's a good holster for pic related? The rail is an NcStar and I'm afraid any holster I buy wouldn't accommodate that rail and light set-up.
>>
>>39930832
On the off chance you're still around, I just want to let you know you do God's work teaching those special ed kids life skills. God knows it would improve this board if the some of the 'tards that post here were including neet recipes with their digital shit smearing.
>>
File: servalamr7.jpg (20 KB, 480x360)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
probably very dumb question but what is this thing supposed to be? some kind of handle? for reference it's a "semi-automatic 12.7mm sniper rifle" from the video game metal gear solid v
>>
>>39935008
So damn a e s t h e t i c
>>
>>39934870
If there's pitting, try the Naval Jelly they sell at hardware stores. It will dissolve the rust and clean out the bottoms of the pits. You WILL need to rinse with boiling water and use a toothbrush and dishwashing liquid to remove the last traces of both rust and naval jelly, though.

There are also electrolytic rust removing machines but that might be a bit out of your price range for a project like this.

I have also heard that dissolving a small amount of molasses in boiling distilled water, and then soaking the rusted parts in it for a few days, will remove most of the rust, if you want to try a gentler method than naval jelly.
>>
>>39935177
It looks like a carrying handle to me.
>>
>>39924999
The dark color pretty much peeled right off, the light brown color was a fucking bitch. I said fuck it and grabbed a Sheetrock sander and got most of it off. I kinda like the beat to shit look of it.
>>
>>39935491
You could just take off all the furniture and spray a coat of nonreflective black BBQ grill paint on it, then bake it in the oven at 400 degrees for a few hours to cure the paint. It's not the greatest firearms finish but it isn't the worst, and it'd be an improvement on that.
>>
>>39926998

Think this are mauseer clips

years ago i saw this ancient fudd who looked at least 75 shooting his mauser and he had these presumably old mil-surp clipped ammo
>>
>>39934072
hmmm
I require pics, you smelly jew
>>
>>39935491
It’s kinda neat looking.
>>
Crossbow question. What's a good setup for firing a crossbow in the supported prone position?
>>
>>39930643
Thanks. Only going to stake once :D
>>
I recently bought an SBA3 and want to put a vertical grip on it. I've read that the overall length has to be 26"+, but do they measure it with the stock collapsed or extended?
>>
Which cartridge killed Osama? I assume it was some sort of 5.56 fired out of an HK 416. But does anyone know the specifics?
>>
I live in Southern Cuckoldfornia and have to purchase ammo in person. Where are the best places to buy cheap ammo in bulk? I'm looking for 223 556. 40-50 cents a round is robbery. There's a place that sells in house ammo and reloads around .27 each, but it's out in East L.A.
>>
>>39937072
Get an FFL03 and CoE. You will be exempt from the new ammo law and can order ammo online delivered straight to your front door.
>>
File: alice clip.jpg (120 KB, 1024x768)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
What is this clip on alice gear for /k/?
>>
File: pistolbelt.jpg (22 KB, 466x208)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>39937402
So that the pouch or holster can be hung from a milspec pistol belt. The metal wire hanger goes through the metal grommet holes on the belt.
>>
>>39937072
>I live in Southern Cuckoldfornia
Found your problem. Leave.
>>
>>39937072
I'd you're /k/ you are welcome in AZ. Please come and offset the rewards that come here anyway.
>>
>>39934585
for a gun with 2 round burst you could get away with quite small magazine capacities, though I think 10 trigger pulls per magazine is a realistic minimum for practical use
>>
>>39935008
the blackhawk omnivore will work if any holster will work. It indexes off the light body.

>>39936311
anything that doesn't interfere with the string as it accelerates the bolt?

>>39936688
minimum OAL
>>
What's the best/safest way for me to sell a gun if I'm a sissy basedboy?
>>
>>39938397
be my cute bf please
>>
File: you.jpg (126 KB, 608x856)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
>>39938397
>mentioning I'm a faggot is imperative to this discussion

back to /r9k/ for you
>>
>>39934219

Mavericks are grey shotguns. The best of the budget shotguns. I used to own one and my friend owns one currently. Between us we've put probably 3-4000 rds through mavericks without issue.
>>
Looking to get inot milsurp by starting with a pair of rifles in the same caliber. One semi, the other bolt. Which should I go for considering price of the rifles/ammo and overall shootability?

>.30-06: M1 Garand, '03 or '17
>8mm: G43 (guhh), Hakim or FN49 and Kar98 or M48 (probs this)
>7.62x54r: SVT-40 and M39 or 39/91
>>
Has anyone here filled out a C&R license form? Who is the CLEO? The city police chief? Sheriff? State police chief?

And what happens when I move? They write it up like my apartment is a gun dealership, so does my landlord have to be informed? I see there is a spot for it, but it seems to only be for background checking purposes.
>>
If I buy a Colt LE6933 upper, would I need to worry about roll pin sizes?
>>
File: LithgowAtrax01.jpg (48 KB, 750x500)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
Should I wait for the atrax, which is experiencing some obstacles and delays for importation, or should I just go for an AUG A3?
The biggest thing holding me from just going AUG is it seems the Atrax already has a few of the upgrades people buy and put on their AUG, not to mention they """"claim"""" the semi-auto trigger on the atrax is noticeably better than the aug's.
>>
File: US_vs_Davis.png (106 KB, 480x3767)
106 KB
106 KB PNG
>>39936688
For stocks, ATF always measures in the longest position. (Some states, OTOH, measure in the shortest fireable configuration)
For braces, it's unclear -- they seem to have gone back and forth on this.
In addition, they have other bullshit where they say "overall length" is measured from the bare muzzle, unless the muzzle device is pinned and welded.
For the analogous measurements on rifles/shotguns/SBRs/SBSes, a muzzle device must be pinned and welded (or otherwise permanently attached) to count for "barrel length", but "overall length" includes everything.
So if you make some extreme bullpup that's 25" long with a 17" barrel, and add a flashhider to bring it over 26" OAL, that's all good whether the flashhider is permanently attached or not; it's on you to not remove it, or you make an SBR.
But ATF says "overall length" means something completely different when it comes to AOW -- a non-welded flashhider totally makes it capable of being concealed on the person, because at any moment you could go get a wrench and a barrel vise and take it off and stuff it down your pants. At any moment!

Anyway, none of that matters, because VFGs don't make pistols into AOWs.
>>
File: 1525151670014.jpg (25 KB, 853x480)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>39938322
Much appreciated, senpai.
>>
Are reprints of old Army Instruction manuals on Improvised Munitions, Firearms and Incendiaries such as TM 31-210 and TM 31-201-1 legitimate and unedited? I know PDF versions exists but I think it would be nice to own a physical copy or two
>>
>>39941864
That'd be really cool anon, I'd be interested in this as well
>>
File: 54.jpg (18 KB, 320x240)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>39941824
anytime anon
>>
Will a magpul Mossberg 500 stock fit on a Maverick 88?
>>
Can you shoot 125 grain out of a Ruger lcp II?
>>
>>39944093
Isn't that a .380 caliber pistol?

I don't know of any 125gr ammo in .380. .380 ammo normally uses bullets in the 90-96 grain range. If 125gr .380 ammo existed, I think velocity would be pretty low, but I don't see why it wouldn't work in the gun. If.
>>
why is p series so aesthetic? i hate ruger but man id love a p89
>>
File: serveimage(17).jpg (29 KB, 400x298)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>39944321
further evidence with another cute anime boy
>>
>>39944321
Aesthetics are a matter of personal tastes.

I personally think the most aesthetically pleasing of the common postwar service handguns were the Browning Hi-Power and CZ75. To each his own.
>>
>>39944494
those are both definitely great looking handguns
the rugers are very rough looking though like a thugcore kind of aesthetic
>>
>>39930716
Don't make this
>>
File: 1543043366763.png (674 KB, 568x539)
674 KB
674 KB PNG
>>39944321
Talked to a coworker who was Navy in the 80s and everyone on board would buy them because they were cheap (around$250) and fun to shoot. Then they started vanishing from armory and eventually found out the armorer was selling them to the yakuza.
>>
File: 1532320153657.jpg (102 KB, 800x597)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>>39944494
aesthetics are objective. the fact that you cant comprehend a natural phenomena or solve a mathematical equation doesnt mean that it is impossible or unknowable. some people just suck at appreciating beauty.
>>
>>39944628
holy shit. i wonder if the japs liked them? that's a cool thought
>>
>>39930168
could I replace doritos with spicy cheetos?
>>
>>39927043
Did you try robertrtg.com? Usually has a lot of hk/ptr parts.
>>
>>39934072
For a SKS?
>>
File: 1541103116586.jpg (3 KB, 331x132)
3 KB
3 KB JPG
>>39944648
>>
>>39944845
Not that guy, but one of my hobbies is cooking.

It sounds plausible enough. I can't think of any obvious reason why it wouldn't work. Maybe make sure you're crushing them to coarse crumbs instead of fine powder, to keep the crunchy texture. Try it and tell us.
>>
>>39944909
Old Russian ones are worth more but $600 is way to premium. Sucks they have increased that much. I would love a Russian SKS
>>
Former nogunz here who bought a beat up SKS off my friend yesterday for $100 as my first gun. Cleaned it after I got it then shot nothing but corrosive through it and the Brownells video of cleaning them makes it sound like it shouldn’t be more than a few passes through the barrel with solvent until it’s almost completely clean. I’ve gone through it with cloth and paper towel strips soaked in CLR (as well as dry ones) at least 50 times and I’m getting just as much shit every time I pass a strip through. Do I really just keep going until there’s barely anything left? If so then how the fuck do so many people manage to fire nothing but corrosive through their guns so many days of the week and spend potential hours cleaning them each time? Is non corrosive shit this bad? Is this just what it takes to own funs?
Also the cloth brushes that came with the cleaning kit I bought I can’t seem to get clean. Are they disposable or are you even supposed to clean them till they’re completely white again? Will they still clean okay?
I’d ask my friend about this stuff but he’s asleep
>>
>>39946792
rinse with water, then clean normally
>>
File: Rough bore.jpg (1.3 MB, 4608x2592)
1.3 MB
1.3 MB JPG
New-ish gun owner here, bought an AR today and was giving it first time cleaning/lubing when I noticed that that bore wasn't looking smooth. I threw some bore clean down and let it soak for 5 mins before brushing the shit out of it and it still isn't looking smooth.
Been thinking about running some rounds through it to polish it out, if I do, will it degrade the accuracy/lifespan of the bore?

pic related
>>
File: Rough bore 2.jpg (1.69 MB, 4608x2592)
1.69 MB
1.69 MB JPG
>>39946974
Fuck, didn't realize the rez was so bad on the last pic, hopefully this one's better
>>
Bought this today, what should i add to it? Thinking some leather sling, anything else? maybe a shell holder on butt too.
>>
File: Applejack shotgun.jpg (370 KB, 1000x782)
370 KB
370 KB JPG
>>39947338
>Bought this today, what should i add to it?
Pony shit.
>>
>>39947338
leather butt wrap

sling maybe. i dont really care for them desu

shell holders look pretty gross

already has a big loop and what i think is a modified gate? i guess you could slap an oversized hammer thumb-grip on it
>>
>>39946792
Try scrubbing the bore--and also the interior of the gas cylinder, and the front of the gas piston--with dishwashing liquid, then rinse with boiling water.

What color is the fouling coming out? If it's black, that's carbon fouling from the propellant. If it's greenish or bluish, that's dissolved copper from bullet jackets.

Yes, some older milsurp ammo is that dirty, though it's also possible, since you got an old milsurp rifle, that it passed through many hands before it got to you, and no one ever tried to clean it.

After the boiling water rinse, try wetting the bore with solvent and then putting patches wet with the solvent in the chamber and in the muzzle. Put the rifle somewhere that it can stand muzzle-down without making a mess and let the solvent work overnight, or even for a day or two, and try again after that.

Aerosol brake cleaner or carburetor cleaner is very good at removing carbon fouling, though of course you will want to use that in a well ventilated area, plus the fumes are probably highly flammable, depending on brand and composition.

Current production noncorrosive 7.62x39mm brass case commercial ammo isn't very dirty, but if you shoot thousands of rounds without cleaning, of course stuff will build up. If you are writing from Canada and asking us about current Chinese 7.62x39mm ammo, about that stuff I do not know. I know the Chinese 7.62x39mm ammo we could get in the US before the 1993 ban was filthy stuff. The Russian commercial steelcase isn't much cleaner.
>>
>>39946974
That looks like it might just be bits of carbon fouling from the factory test firing.

Try cleaning it with solvent and see if anything comes out, and see if it looks better afterwards.

Who made the barrel? Is it chromed or nitrided?
>>
Why does my youth winchester 94 only hold 2 rounds in the tube?
>>
>>39947361
MLP faggot
>>
>>39947442
Ive tried every flat head screwdriver i own to remove the magazine tube cap and everyone has slipped causing damage to.the screw head. Its come to buying a "gunsmith" screwdriver set or trading it for a marlin
>>
>>39947442
Sounds like there might possibly be damage to the magazine tube, causing the follower to bind at that point. I suppose it is also possible that, depending on where you live, there might be some law about magazine capacities, or if not now in the past, and the magazine tube has been modified, or there is some kind of spacer, maybe a dowel in the center of the magazine spring.

You might need to take it to a gunsmith. Lever action rifles are not easy to take apart or get back together. Those of us who shoot milsurp or modern AK or AR type rifles are spoiled by being able to get the rifle apart enough for visual checks and preventative maintenance and back together again without tools.

It's easy to remove the bolt of, say, a Mauser 98, and strip the bolt down for cleaning and lubrication and visual checks. But Winchester 94s and Marlin lever-actions are a whole other world. Just getting the extractor out to clean it or check it for damage is an hour-long ordeal requiring a bench, vice, multiple screwdrivers and punches, and it's equally tricky to get back together. They are revolver level complex and tricky to disassemble or reassemble.
>>
>>39947510
Something in the tube is what ive narrowed it down to but I have to get the correct screwdrivers before i can go further. It is a winchester 94 trapper 30-30 but i suspect its a youth cause it is uncomfortable to shoulder. The trapper 94 holds 5 in the tube
>>
>>39947545
Yeah, I looked around a bit. There was a "Trapper Compact" in .30-30, holding 5 in the tube, and there was a "Ranger Compact" in .357 Magnum (which sounds like a fun range toy and centerfire plinker if you reload .357 or .38 Special enough to makeit cheap) listed as holding nine in the tube.

Does yours have wood furniture or black polymer?

They seem to be rare and the only completed auction I could find for one listed it as going for over $1600 US, back in 2012.
>>
>>39947560
It has wood furniture. I can put two rounds in the tube but the 3rd round only enters halfway then stops. It has the tang safety. Serial #6200000
>>
>>39947606
There are Youtube videos on disassembly and reassembly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5V7lW3VyJw

It isn't going to be easy to get the magazine tube out and disassembled, especially without the right tools, but it's a video, anyway.
>>
>>39925321
That would be Subway my good pastrami.
>>
Considering moving out to Montana once I get out of uni, what are the gun laws like out there?
>>
Can I kill bears with 9mm
>>
>>39947674
https://www.ammoland.com/2018/02/defense-against-bears-with-pistols-97-success-rate-37-incidents-by-caliber/

Multiple people have used them to drop Alaskan grizzlies. So I mean, yeah, but don't.
>>
>>39947690
im too much of a poorfag for 10mm (or I don't know any decent compact guns for that caliber that aren't out of my price range)
what do I use
>>
>>39947699
If you can't afford a goddamn Glock, what the fuck can you afford?
>>
>>39947690
Whenever you are reading that kind of analysis of reported incidents, remember that the people reporting are the ones who didn't get killed and et by bears.

9mm is not a very good choice for creatures much larger than human, unless you're slinging a lot of them downrange in a hurry--from an SMG.
>>
>>39947705
Been checking oit hipoint and jimenez
>>
Im a Newbie shooter and was wondering if it's normal or whatever for
newbie shooters to close their eyes while shooting for teh first few times,
how do you even stop doing that?
>>
>>39947748
I see Jamal, in that case just get the $50 Jimenez and a single round of .25 for it. Bring a homie along with you, if you see a bear just shoot him in the leg and get out of there while the bear's distracted.
>>
>>39947757
Yes, that's normal.

To stop, go find someone shooting an AK with a big brake by it. Just stand by him for a few magdumps, you'll get used to the sensation of muzzleblast and become immunized to it. I'm not even joking, this is the best way to get used to it.
>>
>>39947768

Ok well, I live in ZA, SLRs arent as common around here,
Bolties and Pistols are common as dirt though, will that do?
>>
>>39947757
Practice with an air rifle or a .22 will help tremendously with that.
>>
>>39947781
Yeah, just keep shooting you'll get used to it.
>>
>>39947790

thx man, I try and get out every week, but cant find peopel to shoot with me

Its very boring just driving out and shooting a revolver and some rifles at
dirt for an hour you know?
>>
Would it be possible to use a loaf of bread as a silencer?
>>
>>39941705
Good stuff :D the BCM grips are slightly angled so ill go for those
>>
>>39948338
LOL, probably, but 1.) it'd only be good for one shot. 2.) the action of whatever you're using would still be extremely loud. and 3.) it would't really silence anything, it'd still be ungodly loud.
>>
What are some good crossbows for hunting whitetails? Budget is tight so nothing too expensive please.
>>
>>39948409
Eh, I just need the loosest thread of logic for this to work.
>>
>>39924999
W40 works like a charm
>>
>>39947338
Maybe a Skinner or XS sight if you want a peep/ghost ring.
If you want a scout scope (which i think suits lever actions very well), get an XS scout rail (not the full rail, just the scout rail) and a Burris 1.75 scout scope
>>
i want a popular short barreled shotgun and i think i favor the 18.5" 590a1. how likely am i to find that particular gun at a decent sized gun show for a good price? asking for both 12 and 20ga.
>>
I think I've discovered my newfound love of older firearms and their very manual manipulation. Any nice books about pre-20th century firearms?
>>
I'm looking for a quad rail for my M&P 15. Can anyone recommend a good aluminum one that won't break the bank?
>>
There are ants in my fucking drill
Wat do
>>
File: RAID.jpg (63 KB, 500x500)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>39950741
>>
>>39947883
Get some steel plates and set up a run n gun course.
>>
>>39948543
>buy crossbow bolt
>buy bag of salt
>pour salt at foot of tree
>climb into tree
>deer arrive to consume sodium
>firmly grasp crossbow bolt
>fall out of tree approximately onto deer
>aim for lungs
Crossbow bolt doubles as knife for gutting deer.
>>
What are the best gun related presents to get someone who buys all the accessories they want? My brother does extensive research on all his guns and accessories, but I want to get him something related for Christmas. Are there items that are nice to have but wouldn't be a priority for most gun owners?
>>
Where's the cheapest place to buy ammo online? I'm ready to start stockpiling.
>>
File: tekmat m&p.jpg (155 KB, 1280x720)
155 KB
155 KB JPG
>>39951941
Oil, Nitro cleaner, a gun cleaning mat featuring an exploded diagram of one of the guns he owns, bore brushes. and of course ammo.
>>
>>39951986
>>39951941
Or a new gun for him to buy accessories for.
Also new magazines for guns he already owns
>>
>>39952001
>>39951986
Good ideas all around. Unfortunately we're in Cali so no 30 round magazines and no ammo online.
>>
>>39947699
.40 is at least a little better than 9mm (generally, pokes a slightly bigger hole to the same range of depths, depending on ammo selection), and is available in cheap guns like used SW40VE/SD40VE.
.45 is okay too (very similar capabilities to .40), and a number of people have run .45 super through .45 hi-points with no immediate explosions, though it seems likely to eventually crack something from the battering it takes in recoil. Obviously at your own risk, but it sounds like you'd be okay getting some .45 Super, shooting a mag or two through to check function and get used to the pounding, then reserve the rest for actual bear carry, and do your practice with normal .45+P
>>
Anyone have a good understanding of lever action feed mechanisms? I'm contemplating the idea of converting a tube loaded rifle into a loading gate rifle, but I couldn't find detailed drawings on feed mechanisms that told me what I'd need to know to do that.
>>
>>39951967
pay attention to deals, especially during this time of year. Brownells and PSA have pretty good ones. Targetsportsusa is a good time to get deals year round
>>
>>39951967
Sgammo or ammoseek
>>
Would a .327 federal magnum built on a Redhawk or Super Redhawk frame be capable of holding 10 rounds or only 9?
>>
Where would morale patches be placed on an ACU?
>>
>>39952069
Plane tickets out of the DPRK, before Kommissar Brown decides to build a wall to keep taxpayers from leaving.
>>
>>39952422
Wherever the velcro is, of course.
>>
>>39941864
Anyone?
>>
>>39952557
it's almost as if you didn't try looking
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=TM+31-210&rh=n%3A283155%2Ck%3ATM+31-210
>>
>>39952640
Did you even read my fucking question?
Because that post doesn't answer my fucking question
>>
>>39952744
YOu asked for a physical copy, I gave you a physical copy. Those aren't pdfs you faggot.
>>
>>39952757
No You dumb fucking nigger
I askew whether or not reprints are LEGITIMATE AND UNEDITED
You would know that if you weren't an Illiterate nigger
>>
>>39952766
There are unedited ones in that link.
Don't get mad at me just because you're retarded.
>>
>>39952778
Do you have any proof that they are unedited?
And you are the one who is retarded because you reply to me with a snarky comment linking me to an amazon page. Not answering my question in the slightest. the reason you did this is because you are an Illiterate nigger who did not read my post but instead skimmed through it and assumed that I was searching for a Physical copy of TM 31-210 and not researching whether or not reprints of it were unedited, you fucking nigger
>>
>>39952809
I shouldn't have helped you, you're a piece of shit and I will not be replying to you
>>
>>39952855
Actually nigger you have not helped me in the slightest
But I shall thank you anyway for bumbing the thread so many time potentially ensuring that someone who is not an Illiterate nigger like yourself can aid me
>>
File: 20180812_195832.jpg (1.26 MB, 2576x1932)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB JPG
>>39933026
Despite our liberal government, gun rights are still pretty lax and there's no real push for more restrictions. The only things you can't have are striker 12's, USAS's, and other niche 12 gauge destructive devices. SPAS 12s are safe though.
>>
Attention Calicucks!!!!
>>
File: 20181209_184528.jpg (705 KB, 2560x1536)
705 KB
705 KB JPG
Im in a predicament. I was preety positive that this sight had a flat base but as you can see, that is not the case. Is there a way i can buy a flat base for this side mount williams FP peep sight? Should i attempt to grind the base down and make it flat?
>>
File: IMG_6312.jpg (2.4 MB, 3944x3016)
2.4 MB
2.4 MB JPG
I have a girl coming over in an hour. She's from NY. How well did i hide my power level? I have 9 guns behind this shit. Right behind the black sabbath record is a bulk box of 5.56. I'm moving in so the stack of boxes in the corner is not abnormal.
>>
>>39953535
>Hiding your power level
>He hasn't put the barrel of his tokerev in a grills pooper
not gonna make it.
>>
>>39953557
we had this thread before. People who don't live in blue states don't realize that it's a simple reality of living in a city. After we have sex for the 3rd time I'm going to drop it on her to test if she's cool with it, but until then I'm hiding my powerlevel.

In the last thread the two alternatives suggested were either 1)move to a different state because sisterfuck alabama needs more pro-gun voters aparently or 2)beat ur wife lol

I think I'll hide my power level for now.
>>
>>39953535
Setup OGRE and you'll both be so busy she won't notice.
>>
>>39953601
but have you seriously considered beating your wife?
>>
File: mfw goblin.png (542 KB, 630x635)
542 KB
542 KB PNG
>>39953601
>doesn't hit women
>>
>>39953307
Sell it on eBay and get the one with the base you need. That's my advice.
>>
>>39953601
>People who don't live in blue states don't realize that it's a simple reality of living in a city
>This much projecting
Lol, i live in Toronto. You wanna talk about 'blue state' problems? The issue isn't the guns, it's your weak character. I carry and have unironically shoved a tok in a leftie university girls asshole. Gid gud.
>>
What's a good precision round that I can buy an upper of that either has its own 80% lower, or feeds from an AR-15 or AR-10 lower? The closest thing I found was .450 Bushmaster and I'm not sure that's a precision round.
>>
File: 15444039606031270454019.jpg (1.87 MB, 4160x3120)
1.87 MB
1.87 MB JPG
I picked up a 1916 Spanish Mauser from gunshow (almost for free). Its been "sporterized" , the stock its battered and the barrel is almost flopping around in it. I'd like to restore or replace the stock, how much work would that be, where could I get one?
>>
>>39954034
>.450 Bushmaster
>Precision round
Uhhhhhhhhhh. What? I guess if you wanna work on your projectile motion you can call it a precision round. Or maybe you wanna compete with cannons. 6.5 mememoor or 308 is great for precision if you start hand loading. Unless you want something specific precision means a lot of things.

>>39954043
> the stock its battered and the barrel is almost flopping around in it.
That's kind of a good thing, it's called free floating.

You'd have to replace the stock, you can find the stock, but you will also need all the hardware, the bands and the like. Check out numrich see if you can find some parts. Most Mauser have about the same stock inlet dimensions so you may be able to swap in another Mauser stock of the same type.
>>
>>39954126
I mean something that can shoot sub-MOA out to ungodly distances.
>>
>>39953535
if she's cool, she'll be interested in the record and she'll pick it up, then see what's behind it.
>>
Ordered one of the beaky nosed ballistic mask. Taken heavy shit from family. How do I kindly tell them to fuck off? It’s my money and I wanted it instead of fucking Starbucks twice a day everyday.
>>
>>39954204
save that money for retirement you degenerate. unless you plan to go on a shooting, that shit's worthless.
>>
>>39954143
>I mean something that can shoot sub-MOA out to ungodly distances.
That depends more on your gun, specifically barrel and bolt than your cartridge. It also depends on your definition of ungodly distances. 308 will happily reach to a 1000 yards, and mememoor goes father, but how far do you actually want to shoot. You're gonna be spending a lot of money on a sub moa to 1000 yard ar10, i'd suggest getting into reloading as well. Your ammo quality will judge your accuracy more than cartridge type.
>>
anyone have that image of the mosin nugat with all the dragon dildos around it?
>>
>>39954143
Define "ungodly." How far out do you want to shoot? 600m? 1000m? Further?

6.5mm cartridges are the current long range paper punching fad.

To fit the AR15 size receiver we have 6.5mm Grendel, which is popular enough that you can now get Russian steelcase ammo in that caliber.

To fit the AR10 size receivers we now have 6.5 Creedmoor.

How far do you want to shoot? You could get a long-action bolt gun and have something built up around a heavy match barrel in the new 6.5mm/300 Winchester Magnum long range target shooting wildcat round--139gr Sierra MatchKings at 3400+ f.p.s. at the muzzle, which stay supersonic out to nearly a mile--but it is seriously overbore and eats chamber throats and rifling. You may get those nice sub-MOA groups for about 2000 rounds before you need a new barrel.
>>
>>39954204
>How do I kindly tell them to fuck off?
Become an adult and move out.
>>
>>39954126
thanks for the info, if I decide to restore it I'll start a thread proper and update it, so that /k/ can enjoy it too.

I know about free-floating, but what Ive got has visible gaps around the front. whatever exopy or filler theyve used, it needs to all be taken apart and done again.
>>
>>39954251
I guess I'm just looking for something that is good for shooting deer from very far away, maybe 600m or more. But I also like the idea of a cartridge big enough it can implode a deer's heart from that distance.
>>
>>39954262
I can’t. Mom is disabled and can’t live on her own. It’s my house.
>>
cool uncle really wants to buy me a gift for Christmas. whats something /k/ related $30 or under?
>>
>>39954287
600m isn't that far for 'precision' shooting. a 308 will comfortably do that. The real question is if you can do your part. Also you don't need that much accuracy for a deer, in my experience you'll never find a clearing big enough to shoot farther than 200 yards. Up to 500 yards, a 2moa gun is fine. You already seem to have decided you want an ar10, you're probably gonna end up realizing your 'intended purpose' and your purpose after buying isn't matching up but that's the fun in buying guns. Just buy an off the shelf free floated ar10 and see what you can do with it. Ideally DPMS standard so parts are more common.

>>39954295
In that case just accept mom is gonna be a mom and say some shit. If you've been an adult for more than a year you'll realize that family can be annoying but at the end they don't really care.

>>39954301
Magazines, ammo, a knife, or some tools.
>>
File: 40421-DEFAULT-L.jpg (51 KB, 1350x700)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
Is it worth getting parts for my AR? I have a basic bitch M&P. Or should I just build a new AR from the ground up? I'm not too into ARs and I'll probably just keep one.
>>
>>39954608
I'm not a fan of the AR as I hate the charging handle on it.
I do want a .223 rifle though so I'm building one based on a Gibbz upper.
>>
>>39954608

It depends on what you want to change about it.
>>
>>39954488
should I get one of the custom pmags from mysoutherntactical?
>>
if I held the trigger with a mag in and slide back on a glock 23
would it fire when I hit the release
>>
>>39954672
Probably switch out the handguard for free floating ones.
>>39954635
I just threw on a pri mount gas buster than someone gave me. I do prefer the fal charging handle.
>>
>>39954771
The side charger seems way better honestly, it turns it into a real gun
>>
>>39954684
If you want.

>>39954751
>There are people with guns who don't even understand how they work
Learn what a dis connector is.
>>
Are ARs the only rifles you can get as 80% lowers?
>>
>>39954810
actually, I don't own a gun
>>
>>39954832
no.
>>
>>39954287
There aren't many parts of the US where you can hunt whitetail deer with any real expectation of a 600m shot. Most areas where they are found are heavy brush country where 60m is a long shot.
>>
>>39954751
It's not supposed to. The disconnector is supposed to prevent it from firing when it goes back into battery.

Then again, you're not supposed to have your finger on the trigger while you're reloading, either.
>>
>>39954970
Well what else can you get? I am interested in getting a non-serialized lower but don't want another AR.
>>
File: 20181202_184145.jpg (1.82 MB, 3264x2448)
1.82 MB
1.82 MB JPG
>>39935719
>>39944909
>>39944996
Yeah, $600 shipped from Texas. Pic attached, more coming.
>>
>>39954855
What a big surprise.

>>39955224
AK, AR10, CETMEs, G3s some other stuff.
>>
File: 20181202_184259.jpg (2.59 MB, 3264x2448)
2.59 MB
2.59 MB JPG
>>39955248
>>
File: CR.jpg (377 KB, 1959x1102)
377 KB
377 KB JPG
>>39940881
You'll get what your preference will direct you to, this is the market as I've witnessed lately:

Ammo: 7.62x54r is cheapest the other two are about the same.

Rifle prices over the past year in burgerland
>M1 Garand $700ish CMP to $1.1k. If you pay more than that for a nothing special your getting fudd-fucked.
>03 $700 to $1.1k
>03A3 $650 to $900
>17 $650 to 900
>G43 $1.2k+
>Hakim no clue
>FN 49 $1k+
>Kar98 fucked up due to Nazi tax
>M48 $500ish haven't paid attention lately
>SVT-40 $1.2k+
>M39 $600ish (cheaper if home guard / militia [SKY] rifle)
>91/30 $325 tops you can still sniff out good ones for no more than this.

Best I can offer.

>>39940994
>Who is the CLEO? The city police chief? Sheriff? State police chief?

If you call 911 who shows up to your house, that is who the CLEO will be. If you live in a city or town with a department their Chief is the CLEO. If you live in the country or your burb is serviced by the Sheriff department, then the Sheriff is CLEO. State police have nothing in it. The whole thing is just giving them a copy of your app to give them a FYI, no further action on your or their end.

For the rest if you move there is a form to amend the address for the license. This probably takes a small lead time (I own my house so don't have to deal with it). You are a "collector" with special buying privileges not a "dealer", in reality its illegal to deal on the license. The ATF dose give some leeway for trades and such if it looks like the actions of a collector rather than for profit dealer in firearms. You are collecting not running a business so your landlord doesn't matter. In my experience and what I seen other post on the net if you have a clean bound book your good. I've only read one tell of a C&R getting a courtesy check from the ATF. That came down to the ATF functionary having them come to a local Starbucks with their bound book. They check the book that it was filled out right then farted off into the sunset.
>>
I bought a Remington Tac-14 Meme Cannon a few months ago and a coworker is telling me about his shockwave and how much he likes shooting 300 grain sabots through it.
I thought sabot shells were used with a rifled barrel. Is this guy full of shit. Are sabots at all accurate from cylinder bores? Are they as accurate as a musket from a shockwave or Tac-14 Meme Cannon?
>>
File: 20181209_193903.jpg (342 KB, 720x771)
342 KB
342 KB JPG
Can someone tell me what jacket this is?
>>
>>39955770
Nothing is especially accurate from cylinder bores.

Foster style slugs fly straight-ish because they are heavy up front and have a thin skirt in the rear, sort of like a badminton birdie. Some also have vanes cast into their sides to cause them to spin, but that doesn't seem to make much difference. 6" groups at 100 yards from a scoped smoothbore shotgun, from a rest, are better than average--some won't do any better than 8" or 10".

Sabot slugs are designed for rifled barrels, as a general rule, though some claim (or used to) that a rifled barrel wasn't necessary to stabilize them.

On the other hand, if he's one-handing it at paper targets five or seven yards away, there isn't going to be much difference between 6 MOA and 1 MOA from his perspective.
>>
What tools do I need to machine an 80% lower?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.