[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: og_image.jpg (151 KB, 1200x600)
151 KB
151 KB JPG
https://youtu.be/r3ZAJ6l-7s4

Who else is genuinely impressed by how much /k/ this game is/will become?
>Dat physics
>Dat gun descriptions
>Dat reloading mechanics
>Dat mod support
>Dat option to play as a qt 3.14 grille just to get your legs ripped apart by C4/IED
>Dat soundstage
>Nice floor
>>
>>39922055
I'm a big fan of Insurgency. Don't know if Sandstorm will run on my laptop, though.
>>
>>39922055
I literally said "dayum son" when the video was done. I feel old now, but holee hell am I going to play the shit out of this game.
>>
>>39922055
it's REALLY poorly optimised in its current state. It's supposed to release in something like 11 days so I'm not looking hopeful. My guess it it will come out and it will take another month or so until its playable on literally anything but a $2000+ rig you made yourself so >>39922101 I can absolutely assure you it will not run on your laptop.
>>
>>39922055
Looks like it runs like shit and why is the anti aliasing so bad? Not to needlessly shit on it or anything.
>>
>>39922055
free to try on the weekend, according to the video description.

Do we have a /k/ steam group or something?
>>
Modern Infantry Combat is still the best iteration of the Insurgency series.
>>
>>39922055
this looks great
>>
>>39922165
>Looks like it runs like shit and why is the anti aliasing so bad?
that could be JewTube compression if you're referring to the trailer. Not to needlessly shill or anything.

>>39922137
beta player?
>>
>>39922182
Insmod 1/3?

>dat broken ass sinjar
>one entry frag after 30 minutes wins or loses the map
>most weapons in the game objectivally shit
>firing rpgs INTO spawn

Sandstorm is the most competetive iteration of any realistic shooter imo.
>>
>>39922186
alpha and beta player. I preordered it right as I heard it was coming out seeing as I dumped 600 hours into insurgency 2 and loved it. last I played it was 4 days ago and my performance was still pretty bad on a GTX980, I5-7600, 16gigs of ram, with the game on a bunch of different graphics settings all with no real differences. The frames, max was around 110 and generally were fine but the stuttering oh god the stuttering I still remember how infuriating the stuttering was. I honestly would've prefered a stable 30fps but even when I manually turned it down it still had very bad microfreezing.
>>
it's a fun game, which will trigger day/k/are because retards hate fun
>>
Anyone thoughts on ww3? i bought it but kinda dont know how to feel about it atm. I have a shit PC and cant tell if the game is trash or its running shitty
>>
>>39922202
Just chuck 3 smokes and run like japanese kamikaze soldiers to the left building with your MP5 without any armor
You may or may not get shot by 2 RPGs, 3 snipers and 2 machine gunners while doing so

But yeah, Sinjar sucks
>>
>>39922055
is it on PS4?
>>
>>39922204
hm. well, maybe I'll get someone to give it to me for christmas or something
>>
>>39922101
>>39922055
>>39922177
>>39922182
>>39922207
It's not a /k/ game, they made it into a run and gun arcade shooter. Also this should be on/kmg/. >>39922130
>>
>>39922498
>they made it into a run and gun arcade shooter.
thats a big claim to make. Could you be more specific and/or provide concrete examples?

>proofs
>>
>>39922512
Move it to /Kmg/ and I'll have this discussion. But if you cannot see how it isn't/k/ then you're probably just young.
>>
>>39922592
stop shilling /kmg/, its not a thing thats going to happen. Also, stop assuming (projecting maybe?) things about people you dont know.

Also also, burden of proof is still on you and your claim. "If you can't see it, then thats your fault" is not a proof.

How hard can it be to provide examples to your claim? Hm? Shouldn't be that difficult now, should it, considering you seem to think its obvious to anyone of a certain age (yet you do not specify which). Or maybe could it be that you can't substantiate your claims, because they (and by extension, you) are full of shit?

Come on, tell me I'm a newfag. You know you want to.
>>
>>39922055
>4 shot kills
>no AP ammo
>>
>>39922055
>that roasty
>them gameplay changes to accommodate the COD crew
Into the trash it goes
>>
>>39922137
I heard someone talking about its optimization. It sucks because a friend of mine is on the dev team and I don't wanna see this project get fucked because of that. I'll download it on this free weekend to test it, anyway.
>>
>>39922055
>custard mouthed shitskin
What the fuck?
>>
>>39922219
I really don't know why people vote fucking Sinjar. If I have to play it and I'm on defense I make sure to shoot RPGs in spawnexit and humvee just to grief more people in hating that shit map. It only gets better on Bravo and Charlie.
>>
File: exit bag costa.png (841 KB, 640x853)
841 KB
841 KB PNG
>>39922055
>textures are shit
>community is shit
>delayed for 5 months because they were legit planning on shipping the game broken
>Devs Shamelessly shill it on a Taiwanese cuckolding forum

get out of here
>>
>>39922714
Sinjar best map model 10 best gun
>>
File: 0b1.jpg (56 KB, 531x820)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>39922963
>>
>>39922055
Teamkilling is a lot of fun on there. They don't have a vote to kick option so you can just do it indefinitely as long as you don't kill too many in quick succession.
>>
>>39922055
Who else is genuinely impressed by how much /k/ this game is/will become? Right nu/k/
>>
>>39923179
its actually a great game for when you just want to turn your brain off and frag, but the fact that there are people on /k/ who unironically say "RS2/sandstorm isnt /k/ anymore, they just turned them into cod twitch shooters" are fucking retarded

on a separate note, WW3 is shaping up nicely
>>
>>39922055
It's good so far but then again I've only played the beta.
>>
>>39923592
>when you just want to turn your brain off and frag,
>/k/ who unironically say "RS2/sandstorm isnt /k/ anymore
Do you not understand that you just proved their argument? They aren't saying its completely cod they are saying it's now a turn your brain off and frag shooter which it is.
>>
>>39923886
it isnt though. I was saying that COD specifically is good for turning your brain off. Not rising storm or insurgency. You are actively a detriment to your team if you play like that on the other games i mentioned for multiple reasons
>>
>>39923886
Its cs not cod. They dont actually play fps so their arguments are irrelevant.
>>
How is the game pad support? Insurgency and DOI had absolute shit gamepad support despite claiming it was present

>inb4 muh keyboard muh mouse

I like playing on my big screen 4K tv in my living room or the one in my bedroom. It’s just comfier.
>>
>>39924041
>this post
just wait for it to hit console
>>
>>39924041
IDK I dont use controllers but next year its getting a console release so I would assume it will be much better
>>
>>39924041
people like you are the reason good games are scarce. Yes, >muh KB and mouse. Those are infinetely superior to any gamepad, ever. Asking for gamepad support is literally asking for either splitting the playerbase up, or for implementing some sort of auto-aim feature, because otherwise gamepad players could not ever hope to comepte.

If you want to play "comfy", on-the-couch games, don't play games that aren't comfy.
>>
>>39922963
>not sniping some cunt hinding in a bush up the ridge then doming his mate holding an RPG with your Mossman 500+buck+2x red dot
>>
>>39922101
Works on my machine
>>
>>39924159
fuck, i meant >Mossman 500+slugs+2x red dot
>>
>>39924131
I don’t buy into console faggotry. I play pc only since I enjoy better visuals
>>
>>39924154
Mowing down hadjis from my couch sounds pretty comfy. This game is glorified CS, let’s not get too ahead of ourselves here. It ain’t ARMA
>>
>>39924190
>This game is glorified CS
unironically, get the fuck out of this thread
>>
>>39924219
Prove me wrong

Protip: you can’t

PS: what loadout do you purchase at spawn? Rofl
>>
>>39922055
>calling cartridges 'bullets'
Gay
>>
>>39922137
>>39922204
Jesus, looks like I'm just going to pass by anything from this company. I enjoyed playing Insurgency on and off but had to stop because of the issue with the creeping system requirements that weren't advertised as having changed. My computer went from being able to run it well in Linux (where system requirements are higher due to how Valve ported the engine) to struggling to run it even under Windows.

>>39922498
Stop shilling your shitty general. General threads don't allow the same discussion depth as a regular thread since the topic can just change to something else with little notice like a chat room and they are limited to the same group of people who are consistently interested in that one subject rather than the entire board. Stop demanding that everyone here be satisfied with your lower standards of discussion.

>>39924041
Trying to play a more complex game designed around using a keyboard and mouse while instead limiting yourself to a game pad is never comfy. Comfy is when you're playing/emulating old console games that don't try to use a game pad for something they really don't work well for.
>>
>>39922055
This isn't H3VR
>>
>>39924182
>doesnt buy into console faggotry
>uses a gamepad on his big screen to play mp fps on pc
>muh visuals
anon I genuinely dont know what to say other than youre just a real big gay
>>
File: 1543010782361.jpg (289 KB, 1424x2032)
289 KB
289 KB JPG
>retards who say INS is /k/ but sandstorm isnt
>>
>>39924321
If sandstorm is anything like insurgency its hot garbage. It's an arcade shooter pretending to be something else.
>>
>>39924226
have you actually played any of the two games?

CS
>fast game
>crosshair
>HUD in general
>ADS is not a thing
>weight is not a thing
>customizing anything is not a thing (except for skins)
>magic magazines
>instant feedback in killfeed
>bunnyhopping etc
INS
>slower game
>whats a crosshair
>did you actually expect to hit anything without aiming
>running speed changes depending on your loadout
>customize weapon with sights and ammo types (just to name the important stuff)
>magazine and reload management
>HUD is almost nonexistant
>whats a killfeed?
>actual RL tactics will yield results while bunnyhopping gets you votekicked even in PvE
>speaking of it, PvE mode

I'd say they are diametrically opposed, but okay, they are basically the same you're totally right on that one
>>
>>39924379
you're just baiting now are you?
>>
>>39924321
To be fair Insurgency really isn't that great due to how controllable full auto can be and how your normal ammo loadout giving you more ammo than you could use before you die which greatly encourages you to use gratuitous amounts of it.
>>
>>39924321
>>39924406
Oh, I also forgot about how all AP rifle ammunition is the expensive tungsten carbide core shit that easily negates all armor you can carry even in intermediate calibers.
>>
>>39922202
>Competative
>Realistic Shooter
Fuckin retard detected.
>>
>>39924406
>your normal ammo loadout giving you more ammo than you could use before you die
can't confirm, I mostly double tap enemies in semi with AP and I have run out of ammo many times when not picking the one thingy that gives you more magazines (and even then, in PvE, with loads of hadijs you can run out. always bring pistol)
>>
honestly if i'm not hand loading each magazine before the match and actually pissing myself in the middle of a firefight dont fucking mention it
>>
>>39924401
Nah. Insurgency started off good but I took a break for a year and when I jumped back in you could take more hits and people were running and gunning like mad. Successfully at that.
Idk what exactly is /k/ about it other than looking better than most games regarding guns and having decent audio.
>>
File: 1543736847017.png (186 KB, 1000x1144)
186 KB
186 KB PNG
>game was originally meant to release 2 months ago
>ran so fucking poorly that they delayed it by 2 months to optimize
>2months pass
>barely optimized at all
As much as I love this game, it runs worse than Escape from Tarkov and that's really saying something for a full release.
>>
File: 1540515631330.jpg (218 KB, 1125x1114)
218 KB
218 KB JPG
>>39924489
Gee whiz, you mean small indie devs can't patch after a release?
>>
>>39924441
>insurgency
>realistic shooter
Go on and pick one
>>
File: moine.jpg (437 KB, 1920x1080)
437 KB
437 KB JPG
>>39922055
>needing a trailer to determine how good the gameplay is

Nah. The recent updates made the game far less buggy, and there's AI are much more responsive and less "dazing off then terminator accuracy mode". But other than that not much of the gameplay has changed. They put effort into it, but for the most part it's right now bug fixes.
>>
>>39924501
>b-but they'll fix it!
In 2 months performance has barely increased, I don't have high hopes for post release.
That being said; when you release a perfectly functional title before and release one that modern high end systems can't run on an engine that lets people play fortnite on fucking phones while looking like shit you're doing something wrong.
>>
>>39924406
>wah i hate large calibers being viable
>>
>>39924517
>In two months performance has barely increased.
Wanna know how I know you're full of shit? My fucking shit stack of a PC from 5 years ago was getting 30 on all low. They patched in mid November. I'm not seeing 70 and none of the "stuttering" I'm still using a first gen i5 and a GTX 770.
>>
File: 1519451964699.png (30 KB, 200x193)
30 KB
30 KB PNG
>>39924530
Congratulations! take this seal of authenticity.
>>
File: f50.png (119 KB, 2000x1500)
119 KB
119 KB PNG
>>39922055
Fan of Insurgency,
But Day of Infamy is very good too tho.
>>
>>39924538
Not my fault an ancient CPU and graphics card can run it with little to no issues. Maybe adjust your settings, mong.
>>
>>39924406
>how controllable full auto can be
I know right? I mean how do people even control a fully automatic 5.56 rifle in real life? Look, if I invest the points into a grip, and a comp for my m4, take the time to crouch to provide myself a more stable shooting platform, and still have to pull down on the mouse to control a spray, then the recoil system is probably fine
>>
File: also moine.jpg (382 KB, 1920x1080)
382 KB
382 KB JPG
>>39924509
Yeah come to think of it, most of the stuff in this trailer has been around for months. The bug updates and the increased performance makes the game a whole lot more enjoyable, but all these features have been around for awhile. I do have some issues with this "hardcore" game.

>molotovs kill way too quickly. If they want realism, progessive slow (takes 5-10 seconds to kill the person, but the person is heavily distracted and will likely be preoccupied putting themselves out). Thermite would realistically be more deadly, but only if it's on the person.

>no more AP ammo, and just flat health

>bleed (not in the former game, but still) is not an issue. it's still a health counter

>heavy body armor acts more of a damage reducer rather than what it is. most games never do this, but i hate how they claim realism then just ignore this issue

>you can drop weapons for friends or just drop them on the ground. I can't hand my RPG to my friend, nor can he give me his shotgun or handgun. Nor can anyone easily share ammo which realistically people do in a fight

>most engagements are within 100 meters, which isn't unrealistic, but only limits this game to relatively modern engagement. Give or take

>shotguns are fucking OP as fuck. To be fair it's hard to balance shotguns between fucking suck and OP.

>I find it hard to recommend any 5.56 rifles in this game when they're all relatively weak sauce compared to 7.62 weapons. SMGs are pretty effective even against body armor (a problem from the last game)

On a lighter note

>most of the players I met are actually very friendly, or at least not complete douchebags

>gameplay and gunplay feel crisp and smooth

>all the stuff in the trailer advertised is true
>>
>>39924406
>To be fair Insurgency really isn't that great due to how controllable full auto can be
Nah it got it right. Full auto in this game isn't too uncontrollable but you need to control it still. It still jerks around.
>>
>>39924445
I played PvP when I did play because I hate how stupid bots are, so maybe it's different in PvE, but I just used an AK-74+every modification that would increase controlability+ ap ammunition and sprayed at anyone I saw at a longer range. It was significantly more effective than trying to take precise single shots and ammo was basically never an issue.

I did play the game realistically when I started, but as I went on I noticed how the game mechanics heavily favored less realistic play. At that point I started trending toward things like using subguns, a Mosin Nagant/SKS/M1 carbine without a scope, or just a pistol for entertainment.

>>39924522
But controllable full auto and large amounts of ammunition carried that encourages run and gun spraying with intermediate caliber guns, combined with unrealistically effective intermediate caliber AP ammunition takes away most reasons to use larger caliber guns.

>>39924582
I always used it while standing and shooting at longer distances without issue, that's why it's a problem.
>>
>>39924379
>>39924406
>>39924434
Correct.
Insurgency is little more than hardcore CoD. Unlimited sprinting, easy to control full auto, Kill feeds, can sprint across the map, stop and score a headshot from across the map because stamina doesnt affect aim. Pistols are sniper rifles.
High level INS gameplay is dudes with suppressed maks and no armor jumping off rooftops and running ontop of fences. Bullets dont actually come out of your gun, they come out from behind your head.Push is just a retarded meat grinder with no skill or strategy involved with too many players on too tight of maps, such a horrible gamemode. Coop is good if your a braindead wageslave who just wants to kill time and the community reflects it. Just a bunch of players who dont think. Ambush and 16/24 player modes had more strategy and skill involved but the gameplay was still just hardcore CoD.

t.1000 hours in insurgency, ask anyone who pumped that many hours into the game and theyll say the same shit, its hardcore CoD or CS
>>
>>39924634
>what is suppressing fire
>large amounts of ammo
a lightweight rig only gives you 5 magazines for any rifle and 2 mags for any lmg. I dont think this qualifies as a large amount of ammo but maybe I'm wrong. Then again you can go through ammo like a motherfucker trying to hold/cap points in push so maybe my perspective is just skewed
>>
>>39924665
>Bullets dont actually come out of your gun, they come out from behind your head.
Probably the worst thing about Insurgency, fuck that.
>>
>>39924665
What's your opinion of Arma 3 and Squad relative to Insurgency?

Also
>don't forget the hitscan
>>
>>39924698
That's every arcade gun game because it's more fun to shoot from your eyeballs over objects than have your bullet stopped.
>>
>>39922512
They made it so it wasn’t a small fire fight on a bridge which was more closely to legitimate gunfights. The new one requires you to sprint across the map before you see an enemy and it removes the skill out of moving as a team and not getting shot
>>
>>39924685
>suppressing fire
Only serves to call attention to yourself and get killed faster.
>>
>>39924701
Both squad and even vanilla arma 3 can be considered /k/ and are wayyyy more "realistic" than insurgency will ever be. Dont get me wrong, insurgency is a fun game, but look elsewheee if you want that realistic, tactical experience.
>>
>>39924716
>implying Im not on a high vantage point with my lmg spraying down everything that moves
>implying I dont want them to challenge my los
anon pls
>>
>>39924685
>a lightweight rig only gives you 5 magazines for any rifle
150 rounds of ammunition for a rifle is more than you can realistically use if you're just taking single shots given how short games/lives tend to last, and suppressing fire doesn't have much of an effect beyond calling attention to yourself. Hence spraying on full auto at anyone who exposes themselves making much more sense.

It also doesn't help that cover in the game sucks since crouch makes you crouch to a specific preset height rather than a variable range of heights and cover is mostly either much lower so you're still extremely exposed or higher than that height so that you can't take advantage of it. This further discourages taking the time to make accurate shots since adequate cover that you can quickly take advantage of is rare and moving to less than adequate cover only gives the guy you're trying to engage more time to respond while you're unable to shoot back.
>>
>>39922202
>Didn't grind original sinjar for months until you found all the infiltration routes to every cap, and wiping the insurgents so your team could secure possible it while you assraped the insurgents.
>>
>>39924604
AP ammo was fucking cancer in the old, there was no reason not to use it
>>
>>39924888
bullets penetrating cover that im behind makes me get the fuck out of the way of oncoming fire. If thats not suppression I dont know what is
>>
>>39925020
>bullets penetrating cover that im behind
That's not suppressing fire, that's failing to kill someone who you're shooting at. Spraying on full auto helped turn that "suppressing fire" into a dead enemy for me.
>>
>>39922055
Played for like 40 minutes and had to refund. The movement is ATROCIOUS. It feels like you slide on fucking ice all the time.
Siege is a shit game in many ways but it nails having snappy and responsive movement.
>>
>>39922714
>vote Sinjar
>pray to Jesus + Allah + Jehova to become defender
>become attacker
>ragequit immediately

Its always the same, those faggots just vote for Sinjar to shoot an RPG at the enemy spawn and feel good about it
>>
>>39925330
>siege’s movement is good
what?
>>
File: 1522304156590.gif (1.97 MB, 380x285)
1.97 MB
1.97 MB GIF
The game's basically DOA, it's borderline impossible to get into a match.
>>
Bought it yesterday and asked for refund after 20 minutes because of how poorly they implemented most of the russian sights.
>>
>>39926666
Nice shot of that long recoil action. What gun is that?
>>
>>39926666
where you live scum fuck?
>>
>>39926692
GM6 Lynx in 50 BMG

>>39926699
Rooland, can't even find a match on the asian servers.
>>
>>39926712
>Rooland, can't even find a match on the asian servers.
yeah exactly dumbass, live in a real country before complaining
>>
>>39922055
The plural of dat is dem
>>
>>39922055
"Rising Storm 2: Vietnam" has same physics.
>>
>>39926790
Don't think rs2 has any hitscan though.
>>
>>39926790
RS2 fucking sucks
>>
>>39926733
Well fuck you too, at least kids don't get shot at school over here.
>>
>>39926797
There is hitscan under 70 meters.
>>
File: 1540437123339.jpg (288 KB, 1088x726)
288 KB
288 KB JPG
>>39926878
It takes me a minute at most to find a match, saying "it's borderline impossible to get into a match" withholding the fact you live in a barren wasteland on the ass end of the earth is lying.
>>
>>39926923
Burgerland ain't the center of the world dumbass.
>>
File: itsabeta.jpg (1.25 MB, 2560x1440)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB JPG
As long as it doesn't end up running like image related.

Its first beta iteration was unplayable. It ran like dogshit no matter what you had. The last time I played, probably about two weeks ago it was definitely playable but not a particularly enjoyable experience. My favorite parts of the Beta was the weapon modification. Extendo-mags to drum magazines, more funs than Insurgency on Source had, as well as muzzle devices and front grips. I like that they added in a bunch of scopes I didn't expect, like the integrated optic for the G36K and the Colt 4x carry handle optic for the M16A2.

Unreal Engine 4 was a fucking mistake, and New World Interactive has next to no fucking experience with it. I do have legitimate hopes that they'll have fixed and optimized everything, because there have been minor improvements since the first beta came out. I can only hope they also fix the dogshit hit registry and make some major changes to the support requests.

If you call in a chopper prepare to have it shot down with small arms fire within about 40 seconds or less if there are RPG's present. Almost every time. They act more or less like CoD choppers than anything, hovering above the map until they acquire enough fire to decide bugging off. Very rarely will they be worth it to call in for a helicopter when the area denial ability of morters lasts for so much longer.

The unfortunate side-effect of larger maps in Sandstorm means that players are much more often tempted to sprint to their destination instead. Your average team of Joe's are going to play this game more like CoD than anything, though pure, tense objective play can still be enjoyed.
>>
File: 145896198419.jpg (1.34 MB, 2560x1440)
1.34 MB
1.34 MB JPG
>>39926952
>TL:DR
Don't waste your money on it
>>
File: 1475173444313.jpg (85 KB, 680x680)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>39922055
>video shows any gun that isn't a battle rifle and doesn't have a scope being used on full auto almost exclusively
>all that run and gun gameplay
Only good things I saw were the interruptible reloads, which I've been wishing games would included for longer than I can remember, and the ability to choose between reloading with retention and dropping the magazine.
>>
File: ooL story bro.jpg (32 KB, 640x302)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>39926939
Yeah. It's the center of the civilized world.

>>39926952
The game runs alot better now and I haven't run into visual bugs like your pic since the 11/14 update
>>
File: 1520411219681.jpg (37 KB, 680x633)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>39927025
>clapland
>civilised
Pick one
>>
File: 1543812029959.webm (2.57 MB, 640x360)
2.57 MB
2.57 MB WEBM
>>39927045
It is.
>>
>>39922716
Oh God that pic made me laugh way to hard.
>>
File: Unreal.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1440)
1 MB
1 MB JPG
>>39927025
Yeah, at least they fixed that.
>>
>>39927212
the entire bottom half of him was blown off, completely realistic
>>
>>39927220
Lol, his body was actually stuck in the wall. Blood decals were changing at an alarming rate.
>>
Why even play FPS games? For any practical reason they are a meme
>>
File: big nut.jpg (331 KB, 1605x897)
331 KB
331 KB JPG
>>39927269
to nut on niggas with your big dick

>aiming
>reaction speed
>positioning
>sight
>hearing
>awareness of allied and enemy positions
>map knowledge
>>
>>39927292
all excuses to play BIDEO GAEMS that were made for an audience under 18
the only thing you are doing is just putting up your sights as fast as possible and pressing a button when you see enemies 99% of the time
>>
Original insurgency got shilled here but was a meh game as well.

Only valid reason to play it was with ISIS Sound/visual mod.
>>
>>39924665
>Kill feeds
thats server dependent, however, its usually turned off so idk what servers you're playing on.
>because stamina doesnt affect aim
it does, just there was hardly any sway in insurgency 2 in the first place so its not very noticeable
>>
>>39924665
Insurgency has always felt like another janky Source mod to me. I really couldn't fathom why people treated it like it was some super intense realistic shooter.
>>
>>39927365
>goes into a thread dedicated to a video game
>people talking about video games
>take the time out of your day to complain about how they are for manchildren
dude just fuck off, why do you even bother?
>>
>>39922055
The beta is aight, the maps are good and the gameplay is gud
>>
>>39927009
Holy shit, this. Those guns recoil as much as in CoD, or at least the older ones that I used to play. I know you couldn't shoot like that in the older Battlefield games and expect to hit anything with most of the guns.
>>
god damn game optimized for retard
>>
>>39927615
You're right, this thread belongs on the board dedicated to video games
>>
>>39927751
>you will live to see the day of /kv/ the ultimate board for kissless virgins
>>
File: 20181206_193632.jpg (618 KB, 1020x1572)
618 KB
618 KB JPG
>>39926984
>>
>>39922712
you play as afghan security forces too, dingus.

If you *really* want to you can be hwite and murican.
>>
>>39927541
Almost every server ran some form of killfeeds dude
>second point
Practically the same thing, never once did I notice it.
>>
File: 1536956309957.jpg (46 KB, 700x473)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
New update just dropped a few minutes ago, they added in the new Precinct map and brought back the other two maps from the previous betas, along with what looks like a lot of bug fixes.
>Thickened Insurgent character proportions.
>>
>>39928388
>Almost every server ran some form of killfeeds dude
no they don't
>>
>>39924391
based. Sandstorm doesn't feel the same because its not using the same engine. I dont like it and play squad instead.
>>
>>39922055
>dat
>>39922124
>dayum son
I had no idea /k/ was so full of underage normalfucks.
>>
welp, the last game i played on pc was dune 2000
fuckin zoomers
>>
>>39924665
>its hardcore CoD or CS
This. Take it for anything else and you are going to be disappointed. I feel like they made the wrong decision trying to upscale the combat with Sandstorm, it just is not as fun to play as ins2. Nor is it realistic enough to keep me interested because of the autistic kicks [spoiler]which is a shame because I really like the bullet penetration and reload mechanics, and practically all other shooter games I play now feel even more lacking in one or both of those aspects[/spoiler].
>>
>>39922498
Truth
>>39922512
This is coming from a lvl 109 on there, I really wanted to like it, but each round has a way youre supposed to play the map. You post up and fish for kills. Or rush then fish for kills. Its not like squad where you have to play the map different every time. You just flank, kill like 5 people and repeat.
>>
>>39928664
Lol yes they did child.
>>
>>39930258
All official servers don't and servers adhering to that standard don't. I don't know what backwards ass servers you went out of your way to find were using.

You are complaining about custom servers running custom rules dumb nigger.
>>
>>39923926
Sandstorm is not cs. You cant run and gun in cs if the team knows what theyre doing. Sandstorm is all about just running the 5 minute route across the map cos the enemy assumes youre to lazy to do that
>>
>>39930269
>playing on official servers
>>
>>39930283
lmao dumbass
>>
>>39928752
That's funny because it uses the same engine as Squad.
>>
who remembers the OG insurgency, the one from before 2010, that game was shit but i loved it
>>
>>39922101
>>39922137
>>39922165
>>39922204
>spend $6,000 on a gucci gang gucci gang gucci gang gucci gang gucci gang ar, benelli m4 and 1911 for an imaginary 3 gun competition that you never attended
>spend a month painstakingly milling your own 80% lower, sourcing the best parts, and assembling rifles
>too jew to spend around $1,000 on a nicer pc that you've built yourself for something you actually use all day every day
Good shit /k/
>>
>>39924508
I never implied it was, crazy.
>>
>>39922055
Ehhh... I'm sure it'll be a fun game, but not my cup of tea. It looks like a cross between counter strike and COD modern warfare.
In my opinion Tarkov is still the /k/-est game out there, as far as physics, weapon modding, and all around realism goes.
>>
>>39930509
fuck off shilling out of buyers remorse
>>
>>39930445
What's the point in buying a high end PC when ultimately it'll wind up getting bricked from all the viruses I get at gay furry sites?
>>
>/K/ loves DOI but hates INS

what did they mean by this?
>>
>>39922204
limit your frames. unlocked means your always running at max, and if something graphically intensive happens then theres no additional power to grab and use. frame limits means its not using all the power it has available so when that does happen it wont suffer as much
>>
as far as i can tell, if you dont care about the latest and greatest in graphics, insurgency does everything sandstorm does just as well, but has a larger playerbase, vastly more modded content, and costs a buck each time it goes on sale
am i wrong?
>>
>>39930618
>am i wrong?
no you are retarded

>but has a larger playerbase
great more brs running around with 200 ping because they got the game for free
>vastly more modded content
ah yes I love people downloading skins to make every one bright easy to see colors
>costs a buck each time it goes on sale
the game was free and you got to keep it forever and cost really doesn't mean shit except allow cheaters to buy more accounts
>insurgency does everything sandstorm does just as well,
the maps are much smaller
>>
>>39922137
It was badly optimized during the closed beta, right now it's running really smooth. Then again I have a 1070 so can't comment on mid-tier systems.
>>
>>39930669
1070 is mid tier
>>
>>39930519
>he thinks the popular furry sites are the same as some sketchy porn site
>>
>>39930669
I got a 1060 and it runs smooth on low settings
>>
File: 1542581209718.jpg (519 KB, 1920x1080)
519 KB
519 KB JPG
I love Insurgency, but it doesn't hold a candle to Squad in terms of /k/-ness
>>
>>39927009
Maybe you're just a tad brainwashed with rifleman-memes and not realizing that automatic fire is viable out to a decent range?
>>
>>39930445
>implying I can buy $6000 worth of guns in the first place
I'm poor as fuck dude, its a BIG assumption to make that I have that kinda money
>>
File: 23310012.gif (6 KB, 610x265)
6 KB
6 KB GIF
>>39930379
2010? Try 2007, friend.
I'm pretty sure that that game still has the best AK in all of Source, and blasting Fedayeen shitskin RPKniggers with the 203 was always fun.
Also props for actually having balls and having Marine infantry vs Iraqi insurgents battling in actual locations in Iraq, not like this "it's vague on purpose" shit they're going with now
>>
>>39928600
Those niggers at Glock actually got the 17 zucc'ed from Sandstorm, what the fuck. From what I can tell they're going to replace it with a Polymer80 model, which is a meme
>>
Hey guys, did you hear about [latest popular first person shooter]? It's /k/-tier because it has guns in it.
>>
>>39931064
Doesn't surprise me, Ground Branch had a similar thing with it's Glock model. Suddenly it came with some kind of aftermarket slide, so I guess it's not a Glock anymore. Don't get why they don't want the free advertising but whatever
>>
>>39922498
Fuck off you shitbag, it's not going to happen
>>
File: 1543536614590.jpg (10 KB, 255x198)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>39922055
Get this normie trash off of /k/ god dammit this is a weapons board not a faggy cod clone /vgg/. I could maybe see arma but videogames dont belong here.
>>
File: 1542814431801.gif (667 KB, 400x215)
667 KB
667 KB GIF
>>39931246
At least that general has books in it, unlike this onions filled zoomer faggotry
>>
>>39927009
>>39927664

Have you people ever actually shot a full auto? It's not that bad, especially in 5.56 rifles. You see gopro footage of goatfuckers doing full auto run and gun with ease all the time.
>>
>>39930646
>ah yes I love people downloading skins to make every one bright easy to see colors

Servers can disable custom shit you mouth breather, ever actually tried that?
>>
>>39931767
No. Most people on /k/ have not even seen an actual full auto in real life.
>>
>>39922055
Looks nice

Squad is better tho
>>
>>39931847
Most people on /k/ have not fired a semi-auto either, so they have no idea how controllable intermediate calibers can be. Then they drink too much koolaid on what is realistic and what is not, forming a warped perception of "how it should be".

However, there are some legitimate concerns that can be answered by legitimate videogamey answers;
ie "why is recoil so low or cuts out at a certain point?", the answer being:
"because you have limited desk space for your mouse, but a real arm would be able pull down infinitely on a rifle's foreend, so the ingame character is doing some of that for you".
>>
>>39931847
>>39931909

I feel like the same goes for the sprinting too. Insurgency doesnt take place in huge swaths of space and most characters arent carrying shit like pack mules, i can run around about as fast and about as long as the characters in the game and i'm not even in military shape these days. Anons here are fucking fatties.
>>
>>39931767
So CoD actually has a realistic representation of how controllable full auto guns are and games that require you to actually make an effort to control the gun are the unrealistic ones? Some of the guns in that video are shown recoiling almost straight up with little to no movement to one side or the other.
>>
>>39932562
Well I think most critics are against the fact that they aren't weighted down by gear/in a retardly small map
>>
>>39922498
It has always been run and gun. You are the kind of faggot that ran full body armor and ammo while I raped your ass with an M9 and no pants.

Plus just because it's run and gun doesn't make it non/k/, all it needs is enough gun porn.
>>
>>39923592
RS2 Is garabge game with shit time to kill and even shittier maps if you like you have shit taste.
>>
Why are niggers bitching about realism? This game isn't hyper realistic and like it's predecessors it wasn't supposed to be. It's a nice in between point where it's got regular game controls but some realistic elements. I don't always want project reality/squad/Arma autism time sink etc.
>>
The first insurgency was fun, but a problem i always had with that game was that it was too 'easy' to land hits. Felt like there was inflated hitboxes or some form of subtle bullet magnetism. Also the recoil was too easily managed, felt a bit CoD like and even more so with this new sandstorm game.

Squad on the other hand, now THAT is a game that knows how to implement gunplay properly. Holy shit did they nail it
>>
>>39934674
Keep shilling Squad as much as you would like that game is still sub par.
>>
>>39934342
>isn't hyper realistic and like it's predecessors it wasn't supposed to be
So it isn't a /k/ game, which means it belongs on /v/ and not here
>>
>>39934748
The only thing sub-par about Squad is its playerbase.
>>
>>39934748
>says the guy in the sandstorm thread.
>>
>>39933549
It was not at the same level of casual bullshit as this garbage
>>
>>39934748
I'm not shilling Squad or even said the game is good. I just said they nailed the gunplay in that game and you can't deny that
>>
>>39934754
RO2 isn't a /k/ game by that logic but hop on a server and I guarantee you there will be atleast 5 /k/ommandos
>>
>>39922055
I'm loving the beta so far, recent updates really made the game run great and it's really taking form. I hope it'll have a good playerbase.
>>
>>39934754
>So it isn't a /k/ game

realism hasn't ever meant a game is /k/ or not, otherwise the ace combat and metal gear solid niggers wouldn't be around
>>
>>39934854
>nailed the gun play
>Squad is the COD of milsims
PR nailed the gun play, Squad is fucking garbage. If you can see someone in Squad then you can easily hit them.
>>
>>39922204
Yeah, stuttering in the alpha and early beta made it practically unplayable, even still tho I'm getting horrible frames, like down to 10 at times. My laptop has a 1050ti 16gigs of RAM and an i7-7700.
>>
>>39935087
Ace combat and mgs are not/k/
>>39934997
Ro2 is closer to realism than sandstorm
>>
>>39935087
>realism hasn't ever meant a game is /k/ or not
nigga tf? hownu.ru
>>
>>39935087
>realism hasn't ever meant a game is /k/ or not
You are a casual, don't project it onto the rest of us.
>>
>>39935326
>>39935241
>>39935227

so you're just milsim people and don't actually care about themes and narrative realism because you're autistic, gotcha

by your retarded logic SWAT 4, one of the permanent title holders of /k/ game incarnate isn't realistic enough because you can't aim down the sights and the ballistics are hitscan.
>>
>>39934342
Total realism isn't necessary, just a realistic portrayal of weapons and not letting other issues/game mechanics get in the way of realistic use of weapons. Insurgency was still rather decent when I played it, although some of the mechanics that made it harder than it should be to use cover combined with how much the game favored spraying on full auto really hurt it. If Insurgency had better map designs or a variable height crouch for better use of cover and lower ammo loadouts to encourage more realistic play, I probably would have upgraded my computer to continue playing it.
>>
File: sLe13h3.jpg (195 KB, 1224x1445)
195 KB
195 KB JPG
>>39935107
>PR
>nailed the gunplay
Holy fuck no
>>
File: 1517274964660.png (99 KB, 645x729)
99 KB
99 KB PNG
>>39935107
>PR nailed the gun play,
project reality was definitely good, but having to sit aiming for five fucking minutes until the game decides you're actually shooting where you're aiming was infurating
>>
>Rainbow Six Patriots canceled
>Police 1013 never ever
>Ready or Not never ever
Fuck I just want a good tactical police shooter.
>>
>>39922055

looks like they're behind the other games out today

insurgency should just remain an arcade shooter desu

>>39922124
marketers go home
>>
>>39923592

RS2 is garbage idiot

>>39924321
>meme image pulled from FB

marketer pls
>>
>>39935107
Listen my dude I love PR and fully understand why they made the shooting/aiming system the way they did, but free aim+recoil>>>>>RNG
>>
>>39922055
The only insurgency we give a fuck about is the source mod. You’re probably a non white who’s underage so you would know about it.
>>
>>39922055
I played the first beta and it was really fucking laggy for me.
>>
>>39935349
Guess again, swat 4 was slower paced just like the old insurgency, the old insurgency had punchier gun sounds, better suppression and good fatigue. I think people try to compare it to the current CoD but most of those calling it arcadey are comparing it to the old CoD games. The old insurgency was always a run and gun game that had a realism feel and slower play style that made it /k/, sandstorm went away from that.
>>
>>39926952
Looks realistic to me!
>>
File: 1544229382200.png (247 KB, 378x406)
247 KB
247 KB PNG
>download beta
>remember it said linux release later
>20 fps lowest settings in bot mode because lol
>alpha AK says 7.62x39 while clearly being 5.45 mags in the model
>demolitions can carry a grenade launcher, c4 and rpg all at the same time
>too many supply points means you can put all the garbage on a rifle and still have points
>drum mags add no weight
>no AP
>no bi-pods for battle rifles as rifleman
>>
>>39933455
Most COD do kick all over the place, so I'm not sure what your point is. Typically they only have next to no recoil once they're kitted out with attachments dedicated to recoil reduction.

Besides each recoil kick being a bit too light and of course having the videogame mechanic of always returning to the same resting spot, they're not too far off. Holding down the trigger full auto has always been troublesome and wasteful on the bigger sightlines in certain maps, while Blackout truly makes it apparent.
>>
>>39937872
>no AP
Thank God, AP rounds in the previous game were terrible. They were basically just a straight up damage increase and if you didn't spend supply points on it in every single game you played then you were just gimping yourself.
>>
>>39937140
Holy fuck, once again insurgency was never slow paced.
>>
>>39938497
>*pierces your lvl IV plates with black tip 7.62x39*
>>
I have a 8700k and a 1080ti and running on low the game still stutters. Its really fun but runs pretty bad.
>>
>>39936535
It's still an arcade shooter
>>
>Final Build
Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you a screenshot of Insurgency Sandstorm as they intend to release it in four days. (Overlay redacted)
NWI got themselves a publisher so they can strut around marketing bux like a big boy, and part of that marketing package is comprehensive social media optics, so we can expect these threads here and on related boards for a few weeks.
NWI has been ignoring the communities that kept Insurgency alive to try and cater to the "competitive" players. They are throwing shit from other big FPS games like arty strikes and fuckhuge empty maps at a wall to see what sticks and have lost touch with what made Insurgency good in the first place: tight maps with solid cqc gunfights.
They also have the audacity to deliberately remove votekicking but leave friendly fire on.
Don't buy it, it's a hot fucking mess.
>>
File: 111111.jpg (342 KB, 1366x768)
342 KB
342 KB JPG
>>39939674
Jesus fuck Hiro unfuck your website.
>>
What's /k/'s thoughts on ground branch?
>>
God damn I'm so glad they're doing a free weekend. This shit sucks. It's almost unplayable.
>>
pvp is terrible and the bots are even worse
the game is horrible
>>
>>39939680
Vagineer?
>>
>>39939387
>holy fuck
It must be hard to come up with a coherent argument considering you're just saying no over and over.
>>
>>39938497
>Fighting those with armor
>AP helps defeat it
>wah my sp
Jesus christ anon
>>
>>39926797
It's hitscan close up because projectiles use a ray trace to check for collision each time they move. Every gametick, they check if anything is in front of them, if not they move (velocity) units in the direction of the movement vector, then modifies both those values for drag, drop and any wind or deflection.

It's retarded to do full mesh collision for a bullet in a game like this.
>>
>>39922055
I'm playing on a rig with a GTX 1070ti, 8gb of DDR3, and an i5 4690k, and get 80fps average with everything on high, with supersampling on 1.25x.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Dru2U22Da4
>>
Sandstorm is a shitty non/k/ game and has no place here. The only reason I can think its being posted so much is because of advertising.
>>
>>39939890
More like arguments have been post earlier in this thread yet retards like you cant read.
>>
File: 20180908125635_1.jpg (1004 KB, 2560x1440)
1004 KB
1004 KB JPG
The jokes about the weediest guy getting the machine gun are true even in middle-east
>>
>>39922220
>Ps4
>>
File: 1524557669801.jpg (40 KB, 745x777)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>39922055
I hope it's good
>>
File: 20180908125632_1.jpg (984 KB, 2560x1440)
984 KB
984 KB JPG
>>39941124
If you expect source but upgraded then you won't be let down
>>
>>39922055
You can fucking do the magazine flick to the side reload like in john wick
>>
File: sandstorm1.png (3.58 MB, 1911x933)
3.58 MB
3.58 MB PNG
>>39941124
okay holy fuck nevermind, this is fucking high settings?
>>
File: sandstorm2.png (1.93 MB, 1891x935)
1.93 MB
1.93 MB PNG
>>39941463
only weapons and playermodels are looking good
>>
File: GPIlyk4.jpg (899 KB, 3217x1224)
899 KB
899 KB JPG
Runs ok (on medium) on my i5, gtx 1060, 8gb ram laptop. Very annoyed they removed the glock. Also: very annoyed by some of the shit tier map design and lack of team balancing. Also, also extremely annoyed that the Scar 17 has no bipod. It's a fucking dmr.
>>
>>39942075
Can't say no when Glock threatens to sue. Gonna be interesting how they remodel it to not look like a Glock, but still look like a Glock.

Some maps do have stupid design on the push game mode. Especially the restricted areas don't make sense in some parts.
>>
>>39930445
i have a pc with a combined cost of 1200 and this game runs like shit on it
>>
>>39931361
literally kill yourself
>>
Played a lil bit of coop, feels qya more authentic and tactical than the first one. But runs twice as shit. Hope they optimize it and iron out the graphical glitches, this has loads of potential.
>>
Hit registry is fucking awful. The devs threw away tight shooting mechanics in favor of that clunky "realistic" feel. Most recent patch removed the Glock for some fucking reason. Airstrikes and artillery are fucking stupid and annoying on the games incredibly small maps. Scar 17 is unusable bc there is no fucking bipod.
>>
>>39942112
Oh I didn't know Gaston had come down on them lol. I forgot about how autistic they are about having their gun in games. Right now though the Security don't even have an M9 but the terrorists do? Security has the choice between a marsoc fuddyfive, some Khyber pass garbo pistol, and the 30lb slide six feet above grip p226.
>>
File: udv.png (1.11 MB, 1024x768)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB PNG
Fucking Brutal Doom is more /k/ than Sandstorm.
>>
>>39942136
Holy fuck, you actually want hitscan back over ballistics?
>>
File: smoking elf.gif (925 KB, 500x208)
925 KB
925 KB GIF
>>39942136
The game uses both, hitscan for close quarters and ballistic for ranges beyond a certain distance. It's miles better than the last beta.

Learn and git good.
>>
>>39930445
Shut up Brenton
>>
>>39922055
>no more S&W Model 10
>no more M1 Carbine
>no more AC-556
>only 1 SMG choice per faction
>no more playing with mods online
Why the fuck would I care anymore? I guess at least the Mosin Nagant uses the correct scope mount.
>>
>>39942705
I'm not sure what they have planned but they intend to add more weapons. Here's to hoping a few of those are on the list.
>>
>>39942705
They're planning on adding quite a few more weapons -
>New weapons including the PF940, MP5A2, MP5A5, VHS-2, QBZ-03, M240B, MG3, and even some classic weapons from Insurgency 2014 and Day of Infamy.
>>
>>39922498
>>39922592
Let your retarded thread idea die. Please. Do it for the /k/ube.
>>
>>39942705
>removing a bunch of trash guns
Sounds good to me
>>
>>39942705
you seem to be a non-IT person.

adding guns to a working engine is retardedly easy. 3d models are very likely some industry standard, animations similarly although that could depend. stats are even easier, probably some pseudo-xml file.
whereas doing anything with a fucked engine, is fuck hard if not downright impossible.

I'd rather have a game that has two guns in a solid engine, with updates coming later™ (two weeks, be sure)))), than an engine that ships with x amount of guns but cannot be changed.

Or they could just say fuck everything, here's an open source API, modders: hand in suggestions, and we'll just balanse everything.
>>
Just one problem I can't excuse, it runs like shit.
>>
>>39943502
>you seem to be a non-IT person.
>game design falls under IT
Wut?

>adding guns to a working engine is retardedly easy. 3d models are very likely some industry standard, animations similarly although that could depend
I know, I've played around with making my own mods for over a decade.

>stats are even easier
Only if you look at them in a vacuum. The more guns they add, the harder they are to balance effectively. The only way this could be easy is if you threw balance out the window. Not saying I wouldn't mind seeing a game that just threw fuck tons of guns at you that weren't necessarily balanced from a game play perspective but instead based on their real world capabilities, and was still a faster paced shooter rather than ARMA tier autism, but most people wouldn't want that.
>>
>>39944391
>ot saying I wouldn't mind seeing a game that just threw fuck tons of guns at you that weren't necessarily balanced from a game play perspective but instead based on their real world capabilities
doesn't Insurgency (not necessarily Sandstorm, but its in beta, we'll see about release) fall into this category anyway? With Security and Insurgents getting a vastly different weapon selection?
>>
>>39944458
Both factions not having the exact same guns doesn't mean the guns can't be balanced. Games have been balancing faction specific guns for years now, it's just that they've fallen out of popularity recently. Faction specific guns actually used to be quite popular in team based games featuring different factions that weren't just clones of each other. Even the older CoD and Medal of Honor games even had faction specific guns rather than everyone getting the same guns like they do today.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.