[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: RLC380.png (231 KB, 1016x863)
231 KB
231 KB PNG
Hello, am grill. Just turned 21.

Was wondering what a good first gun to carry in my purse would be. I was looking at the Ruger LC380 (pic related). I live in Salt Lake which isn't a very dangerous city but there's still a lot of homeless people and minorities on the streets where I work so it makes me nervous walking to my car or to work without some form of protection that isn't a useless can of mace or a knife. I don't know a lot about guns except I used to have a boyfriend who was really into guns (he owned a Scar-H and a Winchester 1886 or something). So forgive me.

Thanks
>>
Shield 9mm, lots of practice rounds, good iwb holster.
>>
>>39918394
open bobs
>>
>>39918394
I went for an LCP 2, and you might want to consider it. Maybe a Glock 43 if you like something a little bigger.

Now get ready for 309 replies asking to see your feminine benis.
>>
Nice blog faggot
>>
>>39918418
It's literally a relevant to board question
What's your problem fedora boy
>>
have some dignity and get it in the normal color.
>>
>>39918451
But purple goes with her nipples
>>
>>39918394
Get a S&W M&P Shield in 9mm. My grandmother carries that and she's 78. If she can handle it, so can you.
>>
>>39918394
Go with something low caliber.
I know it hurts to hear, but women are weaker.
Don't get a pistol, racking the slide could potentially be hard, and .380 out of a small pistol is too snappy for most women.
You wouldn't want to practice with it.
I would personally go with some revolver.
A Ruger LCR in 22lr would probably be a good choice.
>>
>>39918394
show grill bobs plz.
>>
>>39918394
Taurus Curve for maximum memegunning. And cos it conforms to curves
>>
>>39918394
Tits or gtfo
>>
Glock 43 unless you really can't handle the recoil. Rent one at a range to try it out
>>
>>39918996
I think you drastically underestimate most women buddy. Yes, on average they are weaker but give them a bit more credit. Honestly 380 would be perfect for most woman and there are plenty who would be fine with 9mm too.
>>
File: 1425763757870.jpg (269 KB, 640x640)
269 KB
269 KB JPG
>>39918996
Shut your fucking face.

>>39918394
M&P Shield or Glock43 in 9mm and take a class on how to shoot and shoot good.

if you feel the need to have something else then just black, get a colored basepad or send the slite or w/e for painting.
>>
>>39918394
Get a 9mm, you get a lot more reliability and the size isn't very different. M&P Shield or Glock 43 would be my first choices.

Whatever you get, practice with it all the time, and strongly consider not carrying it in your purse.
>>
>>39919065
Someone post that copypasta with the boots crushing the female's wind pipe and she just wants to go home but its war and what not.
>>
>>39918394
lurk moar faggot
>>
Is every swinging dick in this entire imageboard going to come here and ask about carry pieces when they turn 21? Lurk moar you piece of shit.
>>
my woman is a weak pussy and loves a glock 17 cause she wants a long slide pistol.

idk what kind of logic it is.

girls may actually want a bigger 9mm they can grab onto instead of a smaller pistol fuck if i know.

tried to talk her into a 26 or at least a 19. she says she trained with a 17 in officer school so that's what she likes.

i think she's retarded but whatever. let your woman get whatever she wants otherwise she won't even fucking bother with it.
>>
$200+
>>
>>39918394

If you want reliability, small size, durability and accuracy all in one package--then look no further than a .38. All the fan boys out there who have never been in a fight perhaps disagree and will point to some new semi-auto plastic iteration from Germany, but this ol' faithful has been the favorite of private detectives for a century and used to be carried by state police and military all over. It will never fail and 38 special is an extremely accurate round. The only knock on it is the number of bullets in the spinner--but if you face a problem that 5 shots of 38 special won't solve, then your problem is a lot bigger than any civilian self defense out there. https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/mp-bodyguard-38-integrated-crimson-trace-laser
>>
File: LCR.gif (299 KB, 1000x667)
299 KB
299 KB GIF
>>39918394
Consider LCP 2, although if you get an LCP 1 it's not terrible.
Also check out the LCR. I really liked the DA trigger on it and while a 5-shot revolver seems inferior on paper it does have a major advantage if you get jumped and have to fire from an obstructed position where an automatic could be pushed out of battery or jam because the ejection port is blocked.

Purse carry is a bad idea. Think about it.
You get targeted by a purse snatcher, now they have a gun.
You walk somewhere away from your purse and that's when you need a gun all of a sudden, but the purse with the gun is in another room.
You reach into your purse while being jumped and get stabbed to death rummaging around feeling for the damned thing.
You forget your purse somewhere, and the gun with it.

Off-body carry is bad.
>>
>>39918394
>am grill
Tits or GTFO
>>
OR a knife-bomb-lazer-fire-fucker gun.
>>
>>39918394
i got the lc9s which I love, but thats striker fired, which means that it has a much easier trigger pull, maybe the best I've ever had on a factory gun. one thing to consider with the lc380 is that it is double action only, meaning it has a pretty strong trigger and is harder to fire accurately.

go to the range and try out a few options, >>39918996 said to try an lcr in 22, that would be good as well but still a pretty horrible trigger and with a fraction of the power of the .380 round. I don't think it would be too snappy for you, but there's another reason to see what you're comfortable with firing first. I don't really think you'd have an issue with the slide, but once again that would be a good thing to find out at the range.

in the end, i'd recommend the ruger lc9s first, and if you really like .380, then the lc380 or ruger lcp 1/2 would be fine guns. some other guns to check out are the glock 42 or 43, ruger lcr in .38, or even a ruger sp101. i like clip draw for a "holster" too

don't purse carry because >>39919174

don't get anything in pink please
>>
>>39919064
>>39919065
Go watch basically any self defense situation that has a woman with a gun in it and report back. Standard pistol calibers either have a shitload of recoil for them or their autoloader malfunctions for one reason or another.
Hell, just watching a video with a woman shooting casually at targets will show you the difference when compared to a man. Don't assume all women are capable, especially after they ask for help on a Ugandan cave painting forum.
Here, in case you are too lazy to do it yourself.
>https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=e9f_1519430555
Both women have guns, yet fail to kill their attacker and still suffer injuries.
The young girl with the autoloader has a malfunction and improper grip as well despite the pistol being a .32 Beretta Tomcat.
>>
>>39918416
>>39918479
>>39919004
>>39919033
>>39919187

shut the fuck up we need more women to like guns you hopeless virgin faggots, any new gun owner is a good thing
>>
>>39919248
Youre retarded. You realize this "girl" couldve made this thread without stating shes a girlr right? "she" did it for an attention. Shes an attention seeking whore. There was literally zero value for her to state she was a woman other than for attention.
>>
File: 1542253407713.png (280 KB, 1024x768)
280 KB
280 KB PNG
>>39919248
fuck you nigger janny
>>
>>39918394
>grill
mentally ill men with penises aren't girls.
>>
>>39919248
Fugg off, I'm married. I still like to see boobs.
>>
>>39919064
>underestimating women
Literally not possible. If I gave my pets opposable thumbs they'd be more capable than a woman with a gun.
>>
File: oS3keRN.jpg (458 KB, 2338x1700)
458 KB
458 KB JPG
>>39918394
>>
No one's said this yet, but avoid getting a gun in something other than your usual black/grey/brown if you're going to use it as a carry/home defense gun. If you ever use it, you're still going to have to go to court if your DA is an asshole, and having a gun with pretty colors will not help your lawyer out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmYbV_7xGL4
>>
>>39918394
>if I had a fucking dollar for every girl asking about an LC380 or LC9
What meme train did I miss? I truly dont understand it
>>
File: 11663.jpg (34 KB, 520x289)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>39918394
>>
>>39919366

Fuck your jewish bullshit.
>>
>>39919427
He's right though, don't you want every advantage in court?
>>
>>39919366
Give one example of someone getting convicted because they had a gun that wasn't a "normal" color. You won't, because you retards never do. Absolute gay and pants on head retarded fuddlore.
>>
File: IMG_20180315_180710.jpg (44 KB, 501x372)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>39919427
U fukin w0t?
>>
>>39918394
>a useless can of mace
Bitch, take some pepper spray to the face and see how much you still wanna rape someone THEN talk to me
>>
>>39919455
With persistence you can power through the weak Chineseum brand sprays that 99% of women use, and at that point drape is out the window, you're just gonna get your shit beat in now.
To that effect it can easily blow back into the users face and fuck them up too.
>>
>>39918394
That's a great choice. Try racking the slide and see how you feel about that. 380acp is as low as you should go in a pistol round. There are alot of nice expanding rounds for 380 as well. If it's uncomfortable and you don't think you will get used to it then look at the Ruger LCR model 5450 which is 357 mag. You don't have to shoot 357, now you have options. It's a double action revolver and the pull is crisp and light. No racking the slide. There are some pretty nice expanding rounds in 38special as well.

Go to your local shop and see how it feels to rack the slide and pull the trigger. Both of these guns are good choices for self defense.
>>
>>39919455
My point was that mace is pretty much useless after 10 feet and that's if you have a good product.

I'd rather have someone on the ground before they're within ten feet of me and women aren't exactly the best candidates for trying to overpower a dude and stab him with a knife.
>>
>>39918429
tits or gtfo

>>39919064
>I think you drastically underestimate most women buddy
naw, he sounds like he's dealt with a few

>>39919248
bitch harder huwite knight
>>
>>39918394
It's fine. Get a shield instead though. Easier to use and around the same price
>>
>>39919262
Meh, maybe she is just going a round about way of saying she is looking for a lighter gun. Most small framed guys wouldn't say "I'm 4'10' with small hands and have a weaker grip than the average man." But you could kinda guess that might be the case if someone says "I'm a woman." And you very well ought to be right.
>>
Glock 26, keep extra 15-17 round mags in ur purse in case shit gets siryus. G26 is slightly larger and more comfortable (imo) than the g43. If a Ruger or m&p feels more comfortable to you than use that instead.
>>
>>39918996
>380 out of a small pistol is too snappy for most women.
Bullshit. My wife has zero problems with her P238. It’s her cc piece, she goes to the range more often than I do.
>>
I bet op likes dudes
>>
>>39918394
VAZHEEEEEEEEN
>>
>>39919262
This, on the internet, and more importantly on an anonymous board, its a non binary wet dream. No one gives a fuck what gender you are, unless you are a attention seeking faggot, and deep as a puddle and have relied on it too much to get by.

Here we are all equally worthless.
>>
>>39920521
P238 is an exception. Don't know what SIG did, but those shoot good.
>>
Get a ruger mark 4 to start with so you learn the foundations, take a few classes so you get the foundations then start training on your own.

Then you can get the 380 or the 9mm ruger lc9s, unless it ended badly hit up your ex and ask him to teach you. Offer up your boy Pussy as thanks.

What you want to focus on is stance, aim and draw to start with. When you're more advanced you start moving while doing this
>>
>>39920769
Also look up flash bang holster
>>
>>39919248
Only retards care if women like their hobby. (They don't)
>>
>>39918394
>ayo wite bitch, gimme yo money
>um, just let me get it for you *dig around for your gun*
>jamal: *snatches your entire pirse* he now has all your money and a gun

Don't be like Jessica. Carry your gun in a holster on your body.
>>
I dont know about female carry positions but if you want to stay classy and feminine then a snubnosed .38spl is great. You can get them in tons of different frames and sizes and most, except old ass model 10s can still fire .38spl +p which is a very potent round. Carrying a DA revolver is also fairly safe because of the heavy trigger pull, but thats also a disadvantage for weak women. The last advantage to a revolver is the fact that it is completely manual operated, and doesnt rely on physics to fire another round. You can fire a revolver from the hip or any awkward position and not worry about limp wristing.

In terms of autoloaders, heavy double action triggers and single action triggers with safeties are available in evey shape and size. Try out a selection of glocks, pocket 1911s, glock clones, metal service pistols etc. Theres an advantage to each pistol on the market and you must take advantage of that advantage as it suits your needs. Metal frame pistols are heavier, but they have more manageable recoil. .45 is marginabily more powerful than 9mm, even if there is less capacity. Its all up to you, and you must buy the pistol that suits you best, literally and figureatively, rather than what looks best on paper.
>>
>>39918394
I'd recommend a Beretta Pico, Ruger LCP, or other 380 depending on how deep you want to conceal. Single stack 9mms are nice too. There's also iwb, bra, and thigh holsters if you don't want to purse carry since most muggers first steal your purse to leave you defenseless.
>>
Glock 42 is easily the softest shooting 380 there is
>>
>>39919248
>whiteknighting in current year
>>
fallschirmjägergewehr 42
That's all you need.
>>
>>39918394
>Living in SL,UT
First mistake

>Expecting /k/ to actually know anything about guns
Second mistake
>>
>>39918996
>women are weaker
>suggests .22lr DAO revolver with 40lb trigger for self defense
>>
>>39919366
Thanks to the officer at Mesa PD, if a dust cover that says “you’re fucked” is inadmissible, so should colored guns
>>
>>39918394
>Hello, am grill. Just turned 21.
just buy your boyfriend a gun. you can mind control him with your vagina to have him fight for you.
>>
>>39918394
>carry in my purse
try to do it on your person
>>
>>39919248
hope she sees this bro
>>
don't get a purse gun if someone steals it you won't have a gun to shoot him with. get a drop leg holster so you can show vagene when you draw.
>>
>>39918394
>am grill
Stopped reading, either redditor or LARPer
>>
>>39919248
Dude, o.p. is gonna like you for this post.
>>
>>39919248
Just because her penis is feminine doesn't mean (((she))) is

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.