[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/int/ - International

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Why are united statians afraid of public transportation?
>>
Because there are homeless black men who scream at you on those buses.
>>
because they value their time
>>
Driving my car is much more comfy
>>
>>109876772
Because it's so fucking huge
>>
Oil and car companies lobby against public transportation.
>>
Another place to start a mass shooting
>>
>>109876906
Record them, add some beats and become famous like Death Grips.
>>
>>109877276
I was crossing the bus lane to get into the terminal and one of those fuckhuge bi-articulated buses zoomed right past me, it was pretty scary indeed.
>>
>>109877337
this
>>
its a status symbol, you are poor if you dont sit alone in your truck in the traffic
>>
>>109876772
a foto faz parecer q n é uma merda andar neles
>>
>>109876906
Thought this was a meme but literally as soon as the first bus I got on in Boston started moving, this happened. It was the bus from the airport, tried to pick a fight with the driver and the police were called, wild
>>
>>109877434
It depends a lot on the timing, rush hour is hellish but luckily my schedule makes it relatively comfy.
>>
File: lead_720_405[1].jpg (58 KB, 720x405)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>109877337
>>109877397
>Five people were injured today in a crowded Mississippi bus after a man dropped his AK-47 sawn-off handgun while bending over to grab his last cheeto that had fallen under the seat in front of him. Sean Walker coming up next with more details. Tell us Sean, what does the situation look like?
>>
>>109876772
It hardly works outside of large cities. The rest of the country is filled with suburbs and massive shopping centers and strip malls all spread out from one another by miles. You couldn't possibly have a bus route that runs to every single one so people use cars to drive to each shitty store.
>>
>>109876772

Why do Brazilians want to be European so hard? It's so fucking cringe. You live in a fucking continental country, dumb monkey
>>
>>109877747
It's the other way around, we invented big buses you silly self-hating monkey.
>>
>>109877694
My area has a bus system that runs deficits every year because no one uses it other than college students (free rides). Every other local election we have a vote to have a 1/2 cent sales tax to keep the damn thing running and people keep voting for the tax increase. Public transport just doesn't work here outside big cities.
>>
>>109877778

Cars aren't wrong in continental countries. Please, stop wanting to be European once. I fucking hate wannabe European latin americans
>>
we're not, but thats where all the homless/druggies/dindus are when you jsut want to get somewhere

>oh lemme just play my trap music as loud as possible since everyone obviously wants to hear it
>black couple getting into a shouting amtch saying the other needs to find jesus
>gypsies/bums going through individual metro cars begging for change
>bums sleeping in some of the seats or pissing themselves
>old hags drinking vodka out of a vitaminwater bottle
>>
>>109877878

It's the same shit here, but OP want to be European just ignore him.
>>
File: 893.png (203 KB, 720x489)
203 KB
203 KB PNG
@109877877
@109877747
>>
>>109877878

You basically described every Brazilian public transport, it's scary.
>>
>>109876772
old world cities are much more conducive to publci transport.
Mainly because for their population old world cities are absolutely tiny. Because its stacked up commie blocks and no defined centre most oft he time.
While New World cities have a CBD with sky scrapers and can spread infinitely from there.
>>
>>109877694
I seriously wonder what's gonna happen in this country when fossil fuels start becoming prohibitively expensive.
>>
>>109877820
Are you in a densely populated state? I live in NJ and we have a bus system that works pretty decently that goes out to the suburbs but everything in NJ is so close together it works somewhat decently. But other places it's just a fucking mess.
>>
>>109877878
I ride the train every day. This is 100% true
>>
>>109876906
>>109877476
>>109877878
>>109878245
So all the retards claiming people in metro systems in Paris/London/any big city in Europe chimp out were actually projecting? Really makes you think...
>>
They've been conditioned to do so by their corporate overlords because obviously buying new product, and getting excited for the next product without asking question is superior to be consciously efficient

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Motors_streetcar_conspiracy
>>
>>109878575
That was a big tragedy in the history of our cities. A lot of new rail lines are being built on routes that already had it 80 years ago

Even so, you have to understand that many or even most Americans genuinely love the freedom of their car and space in the suburbs
>>
Urbanists and bugmen will think of a thousand reason why we don't like using mass transit but the truth is (and they will dance around it) it's full of bums, the mentally ill, criminals, and other unpleasant types

If they would solve that people would flock to transit
>>
>>109878183
It's going to be a crisis akin to the ones that happened in the 70s except probably worse. Since we're too retarded to look for alternative sources of energy we're going to get doubly fucked.
>>
Because Good public transportion has been linked directly to increased economic mobility and lowering of the number of poor people.

And the motto of united statistan is "fuck the poor, i got mine! "
>>
>>109878183
>>109880642
It's not going to happen any time soon so I'm not worried about it
>>
There are some really fucking weird people on the buses.
>>
>>109878575
That's really overblown. Streetcar systems were already going bankrupt, the role of GM/Firestrone/Standard Oil was to go ahead and get those cities hooked on their own products before their competition could. The streetcars weren't going to survive anyway.
>>
>>109876772
FUCK AMERIGOBLOS
KILL ALL AMERIGOBLOS
FREE AZTLAN
AMERIGOBLOS DESERVE NOTHING BUT DEATH
AMERIGOBLOS WILL NEVER BE HUMAN
KILL THEM ALL
>>
>>109881571
>Streetcar systems were already going bankrupt

They were never supposed to be privatized or run for profit in the first place, dude.
>>
I hate roadrages and things related to them. Therefore I prefer public transportations over cars
>>
>>109881607
They were private and for profit from the beginning
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FhEZriyFQow
>>
>>109881652
And that's why they failed. The value public transport has for a community goes beyond what direct monetary returns they bring on a spreadsheet.
>>
Our cities aren't dense enough. This is changing as more people (wealthy) are moving into the cities and the density rises.
>>
>>109881729
American sense of community ends at the lowerclass. American whites want nothing to do with, or help the lower class.
>>
>>109881729
>And that's why they failed.
Wrong, they were profitable for decades. They couldn't compete with the convenience of cars and people moving out of cities to stay away from niggers
>>
>>109876772
Niggers spray painted everything and hang around it too much for normal people to be bothered to use it
Niggers ruined it
Somewhere around time hip hop was beingcreated, when there was a blackout in new york
They stole music making equipment and dj crews grew like mushrooms after rain
So did spray painting niggers, and ruined subways
Then the dancing niggers occupied more space in subways
Buses were created by a gang of jews, oil jew, motor jew and steel jew to kick out a tram (electric) jew out of business, so nobody liked buses to begin with

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.