[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: anime.webm (1.94 MB, 320x240)
1.94 MB
1.94 MB WEBM
Why do normies hate antinatalism?
>>
>>7086276
Because having a child you want with a partner who is devoted to you is the most joyful experience of a man’s entire life
>>
>>7086276
>NOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>DON'T HAVE CHILDREN, IT'S LITEREALLY TORTURE
>>
Because it's nihilistic nonsense that asserts humanity is "below" nature somehow, and that we should all die off for the benefit of the world. When in reality, we are a PART of nature. It incorrectly assumes that because we are overpopulated and affecting the planet with our actions that the only solution is for us to go extinct. But no, we don't have to go extinct, we just need to cut away the rotten flesh that's poisoning us and tackle the cancer right at the source
>>
>>7086276
Normies have never heard of anti whatever
>>
>>7086380
not all antinatalism is gay environmentalist vegan antinatalism. that's just one possible justification for it. often it's more concerned with human suffering.
>>
>>7086361
urgh, what is that disgusting slimy creature. kill it with fire
>>
>>7086446
Elaborate?
>>
>>7086276
Antinatalism is based and redpilled.
>>
>>7086464
the version of antinatalism i come across most commonly states that reproduction is harmful because the pain experienced in life generally outweighs the pleasure and thus it's immoral to subject someone to it. the progressive self-hating 'humans are a plague on mother earth' type of antinatalism you outlined isn't the be all end all of the philosophy.
>>
File: libs on family.png (772 KB, 1155x781)
772 KB
772 KB PNG
>>7086276
Because it can't be anything else but a paper-thin rationalization of the complacent, child-free first world consumer lifestyle.

>>7086502
You mean Benatar, and his ramblings about the relative advantage enjoyed by things that do not exist? It is a good example why the modern philosophy department is in the same category as gender studies.
>>
>>7086502
so reductionist autism

normies hate it because "muh precious babies", but just because they're wrong doesn't mean you're right
>>
>>7086502
It's not so much that the suffering outweighs the pleasure but that arguments based on pleasure and pain are asymmetrical. If a human is suffering that is bad but no one would ever worry that there is no life on Mars experiencing pleasure.
>>
>>7086276
Antinatalists are natural losers
They circlejerk for a while and get replaced with pronatalists
Literally cucking themsleves out of existance
>>
>>7086928
From the antinatalist point of view that means they win.
>>
>>7086276

Because I have a pregnancy fetish and antinatalism is the polar opposite of my fetish.
>>
Because it is a brainlet ideology for selfhating whypipo
>>
>>7086361
Unless if its a daughter
>>
>>7086276

Because have an intense desire to have sex with a nine month pregnant Anne Frank and antinatalism, much like antisemitism, is the antithesis of that desire.
>>
It's very interesting how no one has been able to put a single serious argument against anti-natalism together in this thread.
>>
>>7086276
Its literal extinction.
>>
>>7088057
And?
>>
>>7086937
For a guy who likes watching other people fuck his wife, getting cucked is winning
>>
>>7088057
Yes, that is the point.
>>
>>7086950
Incredibly based
>>
>>7088181
That's true.
>>
>>7088181
So the cuck won in your opinion or are you going to make a point?
>>
I work as an EMT and I have been exposed to a level of human suffering that is frankly quite disturbing. I've frequently been sent to facilities that are essentially nursing homes for children with extreme birth defects. In many cases these are so extreme that the child can barely even be said to be alive. I have to ask myself what was the point of such a life? They cannot speak, they cannot think, they cannot even breathe without machines. All they know is pain and ultimately they die at a young age.

Surely when their parents had them they did not desire such a life (if it can even be called that) for their child, yet that did not change anything. How can I, as a moral person, possibly make the decision to create new life if I cannot guarantee that this will not happen to them?
>>
>>7086848
that's one argument that benatar puts forward but i don't find it terribly convincing. he applies a double standard when claiming that absence of pleasure is not bad while absence of pain is good. either they are both neutral or not bad since there doesn't exist a literal being to deprive them from, or the absence of pleasure is bad and thus there is no asymmetry. he tries to have his cake and eat it too by claiming that the absence of pleasure isn't bad due to there being nobody missing out on it while not applying the same standard when it comes to the absence of pain, it's special pleading.
that said, you can certainly make a valid negative utilitarian argument for antinatalism by maintaining that we have more of an obligation to relieve people of their pain than to provide people with pleasure, but benatar overstates his case imo.
>>
>>7086276

because they can't think beyond their genetics and they are afraid of not living up to social expectations
>>
antinatalist strongly underestimate our ability to produce food. Their only good argument is that no one can consent to be born.
>>
>>7086361

taking care of a snot nose brat is not joyful at all especially if you're poor and you have been a wage slave to take care of the little bastard

to give birth to a child in the US it cost like 10k . that's not worth it to me.
>>
>>7088181
Yes, that's the point. Have you realized now that calling someone a cuck is only insulting to people who aren't actual cucks?
>>
>>7086848
>no one would ever worry that there is no life on Mars experiencing pleasure
I do. Where are our mars colonies OBAMA
>>
>>7089214

> Their only good argument is that no one can consent to be born.

The risk that you might give birth to a broken child is an even better argument against breeding

what if you give birth to an autistic neet that you have to take of for the rest of your life?

children are needy. have you observed a mother with her child at the store? the child starts to whine because it wants shit.
a child is a need machine and a financial burden
>>
>>7089251
thats what abortion is for even if in countries where abortion is legal and accepted you get called an eugenicist for checking if your kid is going to have major problems that are worse than death.
>>
>>7089268

well, you don't know if the child is broken until it develops passed age 3
you can't tell if a child will come out broken before it is born
>>
having children is only attractive if you are a woman or a pedophile

men who want children kind of act like women. it's a female trait
>>
>>7089278
in some cases you can
>>
Why do antinatalists feel compelled to make everyone else so miserable that they want to kill themselves before they do it?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.