[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: portada.jpg (627 KB, 1200x530)
627 KB
627 KB JPG
Give me one legitimate reason why state should sponsor free education
Never ever in the entire history of mankind (except a few decades of german mass education autism) mankind considered promoting "free state sponsored" education to the uninterested masses
>>
stop trying to give form to slaanesh
>>
>>6919132
Can't tell if troll or not.

Free Education has provided literally billions on a path of developing logic, rhetoric, and job-applicable skills in these institutions. Most families do not teach these fundamentals initially. It is why Africa has a lower 'IQ'; they don't have proper access to resources to teach them how to think well.
>>
>>6919132
To hasten the advance of the nation? The more educated people you have, the better off you are in developing technology, culture, and such.
>>
>>6919160
>Free Education has provided literally billions on a path of developing logic, rhetoric, and job-applicable skills in these institutions.
Stop with this petite bourgeoisie nonsense (a sick fetish of buzzwords like "path of developing skills xD")
>>
>>6919132
>Never ever in the entire history of mankind (except a few decades of german mass education autism) mankind considered promoting "free state sponsored" education to the uninterested masses
The masses were never uninterested, only too poor to afford it. Now with modern wealth we can afford to give everyone education. And education also increases their productivity, making it a win-win.
>>
>>6919187
More people read Plato, Aristotle and Dante in Japan and South Korea than in the west
Such amazing what mass education has done. Perhaps it created a generation of New York Times Top 10 obsessive buyers
>>
>>6919182
It really is though. High Schools provide opportunities for those who wish to become a mechanic workshops to improve their skills.
>>
>>6919195
Plato, Aristotle, and Dante are not relevant to most educations.
>>
>>6919132
Because you can nail your designated set of values whilst they are young and train up your future voters and supporters
>>
>>6919132
>Never ever in the entire history of mankind (except a few decades of german mass education autism) mankind considered promoting "free state sponsored" education to the uninterested masses

almost every modern nation has free education for childern you moron

even the fucking Aztec did
>>
File: webe.jpg (724 KB, 4972x3552)
724 KB
724 KB JPG
>>6919215
Your comment = this picture described
>>
>>6919211
>There is only one path in life...
Blood & Iron
>>
>>6919637
Worked the first time. (& technically the second)
Then WW1 happened.
>>
>>6919177
Retarded OP can't deal with this answer.
>>
Why do people reply to this stuff

sage
>>
>>6919132
Education is requirement of democracy.
>>
>>6920019
That's becauae there really is nothing to say against it. When everyone can read, write, do basic math and catch up on basic skills required to pursue a more advanced career a lot more wealth can be generated much faster.

Not to mention the fact that general education trains people to function in hierarchical society, under authority figures who hold some rank rather than some personal connection.
>>
>>6920315
>general education trains people to function in hierarchical society, under authority figures who hold some rank rather than some personal connection

Printing press, gunpowder, steamworks. A clockwork trip.
>>
>>6919132
Simply put they make better soldiers, which is why Frederick II implemented it in the first place. A soldier that can read a dispatch or map or road sign is far more valuable than an illiterate one.
During WWI Russia had a massive shortage of officers because they simply had too few literate soldiers, meaning they'd take teachers and educators and make officers out of them leading to there being no one to teach the next generation.
>>
>>6919132
The more educated your populace is the more useful than can be in performing labor that isn't just manual.
>>
>>6919182
>stop using buzzwords, you petite bourgeousie!
I guess OP might have a point that basic public education really is wasted on many people
>>
>>6919132
Sparta. Every citizen was educated by the state.
>>
>>6919195
>More people read Plato, Aristotle and Dante in Japan and South Korea than in the west
>Such amazing what mass education has done.

Because having no public education would suddenly make the common person care to read them?
>>
>>6919132
its not education, its more a brainwash to produce good employees, and the State gets more tax from it
>>
>>6919132
To ensure that people have fewer brainlet opinions like yours
>>
>>6919195
Japan and Korea are crazy about education
>>
>>6919132
wtf is your pic op
>>
>>6921047
>the State gets more tax from public education
Behold the fruits of Kansan budget alchemy
>>
>>6919132
I bet OP is just salty that his taxes help pay for high school and wants that money to buy a boat.
>>
>>6921073
I really want to believe you are just a troll, but even then you would still be fucking retarded.
Public Education -> Better Educated Population -> More Productive Population -> Larger Economy -> Increased Tax Revenues
>>
>>6921073
the State gets more revenue from people trained to sit still in front of desks 10h a day
>>
>>6921115
>>6921140
You're right, I'm an idiot who acted on a kneejerk impulse to shit on people who call public education "brainwashing"

I do think it's misleading and provocative to elide all the public benefits and cast it all as some cynical, sinister moneygrab by the state, but all the same I do feel stupid

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.