[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Were pagan gods actually fallen angels?

Genesis 6:4
There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.
The translation of mighty men in Hebrew is also akin to gods (lowercase g).
That would indeed prove the Bible as right. Why is the book of Enoch censored from scriptures when it goes into detail about the feats of the aforementioned fallen angels and the true nature of the spiritual realm?
>>
File: 1562811154671.jpg (219 KB, 1024x1024)
219 KB
219 KB JPG
Pagan gods were demons, yes.
>>
If you'd read your Snorri Sturluson you'd know that pagan gods were soldiers from the Trojan war who traveled North and were worshiped by primitive Scandinavians.
>>
>Taking the Bible literally
>>
Enoch
[Chapter 8]

1 And Azazel taught men to make swords, and knives, and shields, and breastplates, and made known to them the metals of the earth and the art of working them, and bracelets, and ornaments, and the use of antimony, and the beautifying of the eyelids, and all kinds of costly stones, and all 2 colouring tinctures. And there arose much godlessness, and they committed fornication, and they 3 were led astray, and became corrupt in all their ways. Semjaza taught enchantments, and root-cuttings, 'Armaros the resolving of enchantments, Baraqijal (taught) astrology, Kokabel the constellations, Ezeqeel the knowledge of the clouds, Araqiel the signs of the earth, Shamsiel the signs of the sun, and Sariel the course of the moon. And as men perished, they cried, and their cry went up to heaven . . .
>>
File: Ajrud.jpg (27 KB, 433x443)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>6918470
I mean, considering that YHWH was a pagan God before the Hebrews made themselves distinct from the Canaanites in large part by becoming monolatrists and assimilating traits from other gods they used to worship in YHWH
>>
>>6918519
>I mean, considering that YHWH was a pagan God before the Hebrews made themselves distinct from the Canaanites in large part by becoming monolatrists and assimilating traits from other gods they used to worship in YHWH, that would mean he's also a demon
Hit post too soon, sorry
>>
>>6918470
>was spiderman really a mary-sue?
maybe it was the canonical opinion of the church, yes.
but otherwise, no. the pagan gods - which are defined by pagans, have nothing to do with christian angles any more than beings from marvel have anything to do with DC classifications.
>>
>>6918531
I should have clarified i don't only mean the pagan pantheon, but also those of the Greek and Roman variety.
>>
>>6918476
That the Aesir were from Troy is in one text iirc. In another the Aesir entered Europe from Asia and met the Vanir on the river Don, north of the Black Sea. Then a war broke out between them ending with some sort of truce with the Aesir being the dominant part.
>>
>>6918470
>another christian trying to claim and demonize pagan beliefs
>>
>>6918717
There are a lot of correlations, I'm not judging anybody's belief. I'm inquiring to further my own understanding.
>>
>>6918470
If that's what you want to believe, go for it bud :^)
>>
>>6918476
Based Medbulls
>>
>>6918476
Friendly reminder that he had to put that in there otherwise he might have been burned on the stake. Christians have a real problem with ideas such as preserving knowledge, honoring ancestors and all that. Those were the kinds of things that could land you in hot water.
>>
>>6918473
>we are not sorry
Hmmmm that sounds a lot like pride Mr. Christfag
>>
>>6918523
this is literally what gnostics believe
>>
>>6918470
yes
>>
>>6919053
I agree with you and totally want to suck your dick
>>
>>6919021
Why should someone be sorry for doing that which was right?
>>
>>6919021
>not apologizing is being arrogant
yikes
>>
>>6919018
cringe bro
>>
>>6918470
Pagan gods were often personifications of natural phenomena. They weren't viewed in that same sort of "bearded man in the sky" way that Abrahamic Semites believe
>>
>>6918476
Phoenicians probably taught the Norse everything they know lol
>>
>>6919532
that's only true for some pagan gods, often the older gods in genealogies of the gods. As generations pass they become more human-like. The imagery of Yahweh as a wise old bearded man has parallels in descriptions of El in Ugaritic texts. There are also similarities between Yahweh as a warrior and "cloud-rider" (Psalm 68:5) to Ba'al Hadad.
>>
>>6919651
Notice that I used the term "often" in the post you quoted
>>
>>6919672
even often isn't correct, because the most popular gods in mesopotamia, canaan, and europe were very human, with many "bearded men in the sky" from Zeus to Anu
>>
>>6919680
>because the most popular gods in mesopotamia, canaan, and europe were very human, with many "bearded men in the sky" from Zeus to Anu
Not at all, these are popular misconceptions brought about by christians projecting their own religious views onto others
>>
>>6919687
Then you obviously haven't read any greek or mesopotamian mythology. You don't know how Ishtar wanted to kill Gilgamesh because he would not bed her. does that sound like a force of nature to you or a human? Their stories of the gods were full of petty squabbles and rivalries mirroring the human world.
>>
>>6919532
> They weren't viewed in that same sort of "bearded man in the sky" way that Abrahamic Semites believe
but they literally did not believe this
>>
>>6918476
WE
>>
>>6918470
The legendary Goliath resided over his manlet comrades at the astounding height of 5'8
At that time, no taller man had ever existed
>>
>>6920007
>tfw 5'7
>>
>>6919532
they're personifications of natural phenomena but that doesn't mean they aren't meant to be literal entities
>>
>>6919703
they're not humans you retard they're spiritual beings. The mythology isn't literal. Even if most of the people believed it was literal thats not the point of the mythology, its the meaning that is the point
>>
Jehovah was an asshole god who could not accept that other gods were more popular than him. Basically an Incel
>>
>>6918519
Hebrews were distinct from the Canaanites from the very beginning.
The Hebrews after some time turned away from God and started worshipping idols, that's where the golden calf, Asherah and Baal come from.
>>
File: 1562081977543.png (360 KB, 750x713)
360 KB
360 KB PNG
>>6918476
Meds just CAN'T. STOP. WINNING.
>>
File: cuck.jpg (1.62 MB, 2000x1455)
1.62 MB
1.62 MB JPG
>>6918470
>>6918473
This is what chr*stianity has brought you
>>
>>6918470
should jewish fairytales be taken seriously?
>>
>>6918501
What Evangelion fanfic is this from?
>>
>>6918470
>inb4 the christian god is actually the pagan pantheon's version of the devil
>inb4 forces of evil won
>>
>>6918473
Heh, any religion that disagrees with me is invalid because the book that is predated by said religions says they're demons

Cringe.
>>
File: IHSBN.png (91 KB, 350x495)
91 KB
91 KB PNG
>>6923767
By keeping the Divine faith, I am made a partaker of the light of truth: guided by the light of truth, I advance in the knowledge of the Divine faith. Hence it is that, as my actions themselves evince, I profess the most holy religion; and this worship I declare to be that which teaches me deeper acquaintance with the most holy God; aided by whose Divine power, beginning from the very borders of the ocean, I have aroused each nation of the world in succession to a well-grounded hope of security; so that those which, groaning in servitude to the most cruel tyrants and yielding to the pressure of their daily sufferings, had well near been utterly destroyed, have been restored through my agency to a far happier state. This God I confess that I hold in unceasing honor and remembrance; this God I delight to contemplate with pure and guileless thoughts in the height of his glory.
>>
>>6923771
You're just a larper attached to Catholicism because of the traditional aesthetics and you think it gives you some kind of minute yet tangible link with classical antiquity.
>>
>>6923778
>Larper

Nope.
>>
Both Nordic gods and fallen angels were ancient people, either direct ancestors or foreigners. Fallen angels, Giants, Aesir and Vanir, Kaji in Georgians and Armenians, Narts for Circassians, Amazons, Gargareans etc. they are all ancient peoples that were later sometimes given supernatural traits.
>>
>>6918470
Pagan Gods are Rocks

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.