[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

I can understand liking the allies, but does anyone really buy in to the incessant hero worship of them? They did monstrous things
>>
>>6912128
I like Stalin. The rest can go off themselves.
>>
The only monstrous thing they did was allowing G*rmans to live.
>>
>>6912143
This. Stalin is literally the only good man in that pic.
>>
>>6912128
>They did monstrous things
Only to those who deserved them
>>
>>6912128
The criticism of the allies actions is literally most of the time Whataboutism from storm fags,Are you even arguing in good faith
>>
File: reallymakesmethink.png (57 KB, 143x157)
57 KB
57 KB PNG
the (((allies)))
>>
>tfw WW2 wasn't a grinding conflict that wiped out both sides
>>
>>6912143
>>6912154
spotted the leftyp[ol trannies

>>6912205
Why do you think that mindlessly agreeing with the allies anti white polices is in good faith?
>>
>>6912128
War in general is perpetrated by losers who put huge resources into LARP
>>
>>6912233
>t. Judeoslav
>>
>>6912240
>no argument
I guess you leftypol trannies aren't arguing in good faith
>>
>>6912233
>Anti white
Yep a storm fag,I think you even buy the whole "America was fighting for oppressed minorities against the dark claw of nazism" the entire conservatives of America believed that the notions of God are being threatened by nazism so they're obligated to murder the expansionist thug like idealogy of fascism.
>>
>>6912258
>the entire conservatives of America believed that the notions of God are being threatened by nazism so they're obligated to murder the expansionist thug like idealogy of fascism.
Just because they got conned into killing white people for the benefit of Jews and communists doesn't make it right
>>
>>6912224
did you know that some of everybody is jews and that men still choose and think for themselves?
>>
>>6912272
America joined the war because retarded Nazis allied with the nips and then continued to autistically screech about German superiority whilst systemically destroying continental Europe.
>>
>>6912128
Hypocrisy is probably one of the most annoying things to me, and if you ever watch those old news reels from the allies talking about the axis or the Soviets it really starts to piss me off, complaining about expansionist policies of other nations while completely ignoring the fact that Britain, and France at the time controlled a massive chunk of the planet or trying to talk about brutal behaviour while at the same time incinerating civilian cities in Germany or japan, and vaporising Nagasaki, and Hiroshima in nuclear strikes and then acting like some moral beacon after starving several million Indians or complaining about bombing runs on London despite the fact that Churchill caused the blitz after bombing civilian targets in Berlin 3 months before the first German bombardment of London.
>>
>>6912288
And you know, declared war on the U.S. as well as attacking U.S. navy vessels even before the declaration of war.
>>
>>6912272
>White
>An umbrella term crafted by the anglo that changes definition every decade or so
>Jews benefited
By getting their population eradicated in 12 years,And I don't even support Israel
>>
>>6912321
>And I don't even support Israel
Yeah sure and you mentioned this because?
>>
>>6912128
Yeah, they were fucking heroes for defeating Hitler. It's pretty cut and dry, as clear as your bias is.
>>
>>6912328
Because you will autistically accuse anyone of "oy vey (((lefty /pol/)))) love jew supermacy"
>>
>>6912383
>(((lefty /pol/))))
What a retard you can't even do it right
>>
>>6912383
You leftypol shills do worship Jews though
>>
>Axis threatens US colonies in the Pacific
>they declare war on the US
>they get BTFO
>this somehow has anything to do with current year demographics
>>
>>6912128
I never found any WW2 leader as heroic, even the generals were bureaucratic dicks.

Winston Churchill was a typical political warmonger who couldn't physically walk more than 50 feet without collapsing from his own fat ass. I especially hate arm chair war mongrels that can't physically fight even if their life depended on it.

FDR wasn't suited for war in general almost to the point of being weak.

Stalin is a digusting human being that managed to kill off almost a 1/4 of his own countrymen's population within the span of 5 years.
>>
>>6912128
>They did monstrous things
Did they ever commited an atrocity Nazis didn't either first or on disproportionally larger scale?
>>
File: 1559714080384.jpg (550 KB, 1730x1080)
550 KB
550 KB JPG
>>6912306
Right anon, how about they just didn't make those hard decisions so you don't feel bad about it now, never mind these decisions led to their victory. Obviously being perfectly morally upright and righteous to future sensibilities is way more sensible.

Also they didn't starve in India but the Bengal which is mostly Bangladesh.

Also, fuck off, Churchill did nothing wrong apart from letting too many German niggers live.
>>
File: af2.png (29 KB, 741x568)
29 KB
29 KB PNG
Where does this notion that Nazis were pro-white even come from? They invaded neighboring white nations and subjugated / murdered millions of white civilians. NatSoc wasn't a pro-white ideology it was very specifically a pro-German expansionist movement
>>
>>6912163
Old Hans working a 9 to 5 in the orphanage sure deserved to be firebombed
>>
>>6912233
>Anti white
I was supporting your case up this point. How do you guys manage to drag your stupid ideology into everything?
>>
>>6914588
Americans are stupid and extrapolate historical events to their petty internal politics. Nihi novo sub sole.
>>
>>6912288
>allies
That's a strong term for the relationship Germany had with the nips
>>
>>6914600
If old Hans had problem with bombing civilians, he should have abandoned Germany after WW2 started.
>>
>>6912306
>Churchill caused the blitz after bombing civilian targets in Berlin 3 months before the first German bombardment of London.
Which was a sacrifice Churchill was willing to take as the RAF was being bombed to high hell and this way the Germans and got a much needed break once the Germans stared to 'avenge' Berlin
>>
>>6912143
>>6912154
>Spotted /leftypol/.
I prefer Hitler but Stalin was pretty based though.

>>6912205
>The criticism of the allies actions is literally most of the time Whataboutism from storm fags,
>Tankie deflection

>Are you even arguing in good faith
>More Tankie deflection
>>
>>6914617
>The civilians who die in wars have only themselves to blame. They should've just left.
>>
>>6914588
I remember how confused I was when I first found out, that there are neo-nazis outside of Germany
>>
>>6914630
Hitler started the war with precedent that bombing civies is perfectly OK. If Hans had a problem with that he should have stopped participating in the German state or acted out against it.
>>
>>6914671
>Hitler started the war with precedent that bombing civies is perfectly OK.
Britain was responsible for the first intentional bombing of civilians.
>>
>>6914671
http://www.westernspring.co.uk/who-started-the-bombing-of-civilians-in-world-war-ii/
>>
>>6912205
>whataboutism

i dunno, i personally just hate the absolute hypocrisy of the west and it's "muh international laws" bullshit when they still just do whatever the fuck they want.

see Nuremberg trials for absolute keks

>have international law
>say international law doesn't apply to yourself

>dutch declare war on japan
>i-it was self defence

>germany declare war on usa
>it was aggression

>germany invading neutral countries bad
>britain invading neutral countries good

>USSR don't sign the geneva convention
>doesn't matter they're part of it anyway just so you can prosecute most german war crimes

the list is endless
>>
>>6914674
Literally the first official act of war Germans did was bombing of civilian targets. Including direct bombing of a hospital, with stukas so there isn't doubt of mistake.
>>
>>6914683
We know a bit more today than in 1944, you know? Why the fuck neo-Nazis use such outdated sources? Germans targeted civilian targets in Poland as a terror campaign. Hell, the first bombed dropped in WW2 were on civilian targets.
>>
>>6912719
Seriously, I am not even that political but leftists worship Jews so much. Its really fucking weird.
>>
>>6914869
>Seriously, I am not even that political but leftists worship Jews so much.
Last time I checked it was the USA with anti-migrant, pro-capitalist ruler that was the greatest ally of israel. Heck, they almost went to war with Iran to protect Jewish interests. While the leftists in British parliament get openly called anti-semites.
>>
>>6914784
don't forget
>killing civilians on the ground is a war crime
>killing civilians from the air isn't
>>
>>6914878
Right but that could be attributed to the leaders of the right wing being con artists.
The right wing base aside from evangelical christian conservatives are not fond of Jews like left wingers are.
>>
>>6914895
>Right but that could be attributed to the leaders of the right wing being con artists.
No, it can't. It's blatant reality, US is the heartland of capitalism and the greatest ally of Jews. Britain has the strongest financial (insert the meme triple parenthesis if you want) and the greatest enemies of that sector get regularly called anti-semites. Leftists all around the world sympathise with palestinian cause. Soviet union supported Arab forces that almost wiped out Israel if not for American support. Last time someone expelled Jews it was either communists or communist allies. Anyone with entry-level knowledge of history is able to tell that the from end of WW2 onwards it was the leftist forces that were better anti-semites than the right wingers.
>>
>>6914918
*strongest financial (insert the meme triple parenthesis if you want) sector in Europe
>>
>>6914562

>Warmonger

In what way?
>>
>>6914886
>killing civilians on the ground is a war crime
Identify person as a civilian and murder him.
>killing civilians from the air isn't
Bomb cities like everyone else does in a war.

Where's the problem?
>>
>>6914588

Litterally American neo-Nazis attempting to project the racial situation in late 20th and 21st century North America onto Europe and the original Nazis.
>>
>>6914674

Citation needed
>>
>>6914924
Either it is a war crime to kill civilians or it isn't. The way you do it doesn't matter.
>>
>>6914936
What kind of absurd logic is that? War's a fucking war, bombs and shells fly around, people die. You can't choose not to bomb enemy, but you can choose not to torch random villages for the lulz. Might as well say that killing other man in traffic accident is the same as intentionally stabbing him with a knife.
>>
>>6914869
British Labour party is actually pretty anti-semitic
>>
>>6912128
I hate Roosevelt for cockblocking Winston from saving Poland with operation unthinkable
>>
>>6914952
>You can't choose not to bomb enemy
You can choose not to bomb cities.
>you can choose not to torch random villages for the lulz
Most often it was as a reprisal for partisan attacks, not for "the lulz".
>>
>>6914929
Doesn't stop the left labelling the alt-rights (or anyone right of Marx) as "Nazis"
But yes, the Nazis were aryan supremacists, not white supremacists.
>>
>>6912128
>>6912143
Churchill and Stalin are the only based guys in that pic.
The Wheels virgin can fuck himself.
>>
>>6914970
>You can choose not to bomb cities.
You can't. You would significantly restrict your military power just not to do something the enemy had no issues with anyway.

>Most often it was as a reprisal for partisan attacks, not for "the lulz".
Yes that's "for the lulz". Germans soldiers were angry and vented their anger in completely disproportional way on the civilians, who just happened to live nearby. Commiting atrocities against civilians merely led to even greater resistance, it contradicted military goals but it was desirable politically as Nazis sought to cull Slavic peoples in numbers.
>>
>>6914580
>>6914624
Are you both illiterate? I know they did those things to win the war, and they probably helped, but what annoys me is the way the allies act morally superior constantly, and complaining about things they had already done or were doing. If they just said “yeah we killed them and who cares” then fine.
>>
>>6914998
>You can't. You would significantly restrict your military power just not to do something the enemy had no issues with anyway.
It does not further your military goals in any way, in fact, it does the opposite since it turns into a great propaganda boost for the enemy. And just because the other side did it first doesn't mean that it is justified, it's like raping another mans daughter because he raped your daughter first.
>Yes that's "for the lulz". Germans soldiers were angry and vented their anger in completely disproportional way on the civilians, who just happened to live nearby. Commiting atrocities against civilians merely led to even greater resistance, it contradicted military goals but it was desirable politically as Nazis sought to cull Slavic peoples in numbers.
Partisans are civilians or are atleast hiding among civilians which makes it impossible to tell them apart. To counter them you pretty much have to use collective punishment. The Germans went too hard on it though and didn't give enough reward when civilians did good.
>>
>>6912128
They won though. Deal with it.
>>
>>6915027
>It does not further your military goals in any way, in fact, it does the opposite since it turns into a great propaganda boost for the enemy.
Nope, there was significant detrimental effect on German industry and logistics.

>it's like raping another mans daughter because he raped your daughter first.
Nope, it's like shooting a guy that shot at you first. It's fucking war, people die.

>To counter them you pretty much have to use collective punishment.
Tactic of "Someone shot at me, so I will burn random villages nearby" doesn't work unless you are willing to exterminate large portion of local populus. Hearts&Minds would be a better tactic, in fact when Germans invaded Eastern Europe in WW1 they encountered little resistance because of their good behaviour. People resist for a reason.
>>
>>6914671
Dude I'm sorry, but that's a load of bullshit
>>
>>6915143
>Nope, there was significant detrimental effect on German industry and logistics.
I wasn't talking about the bombing of industry, i was talking about the bombing of civilian houses.
>Nope, it's like shooting a guy that shot at you first.
German civilians did not bomb Britain.
>Tactic of "Someone shot at me, so I will burn random villages nearby" doesn't work unless you are willing to exterminate large portion of local populus.
Punishment for bad behaviour and rewards for good behaviour does work, Stick&Carrot. As I said, the Germans used the stick too much and the carrot too little.
>in fact when Germans invaded Eastern Europe in WW1 they encountered little resistance because of their good behaviour.
A different time with different circumstances. Some groups could have surely been won over, but others, like the Poles for instance, would never have budged as long as the war was still ongoing.
>>
>>6914868
I suppose it's easier to defend the Nazis when your sources are literal German propaganda
>>
>>6915017
Okay, fair point
>>
>>6914998
This post is a great example of self-contradiction and double-standard.
>It's strategically reasonable for Allies to kill civilians
>It's strategically unreasonable for Axis to kill civilians

No, the reprisal killings didn't "contradict military goals". The military goal was to discourage any resistance by making hostages of everyone. In hindsight it may appear deeply foolish. At the time I'm sure it did not seem foolish to them or else they wouldn't have done it.
>it was desirable politically as Nazis sought to cull Slavic peoples
More that it was permissible to use such methods to control occupied territory. The key point is that they desired control. Depopulation, extermination etc. were not the immediate matter at hand, and this wasn't an efficient way to go about it. Think about it: Why would you set a goal that you can only accomplish when things AREN'T going according to plan? i.e. continued partisan interference.
>>
>>6912224
(((They))) were the true winners of the war.
>>
>>6914588
Ignoring the fact they allied with Italy, Croatia, Hungary, Slovakia, Romania, Finland and had SS divisions from Bosnia, France, Norway, Ukraine and many, many others.

The Wehrmacht and SS did commit war crimes in occupied nations but you have to admit they did so mainly in retaliation for partisan activity. How many French, Belgian and Italian civilians did the sainted Allies kill?
>>
>>6916572
Who are you quoting?
All I'm saying is seeing everything through a pro/anti white lense makes you look like a massive retard
>>
>>6912143
Stalin was literally the worst you faggot
>>
>>6912128
it triggers stormniggers though which is all that matters
>>
>>6914952
>War's a fucking war
I want you to keep that in mind next time you start a thread crying about how disgusting the nazis were
>>
>>6912128
Fuck krautoids and fuck stormniggers
>>
>>6914588
They also had a big liking for T*rks and Arabs which really gets the noggin goin
>>
>>6917085
>The Wehrmacht and SS did commit war crimes in occupied nations but you have to admit they did so mainly in retaliation for partisan activity.
You base this on what?
>>
the one thing I learned growing up in the west is that the west (anglo countries) are very very good at propaganda, far better than my own native germany could ever hope for

the same actions committed by an anglo nation vs a non-anglo nation will be broadcasted from different point of view, an anglo invasion is casted as liberation, freedom and pro-anglo fighters are freedom fighters and scions of democracy where as the other side is portrayed as oppression, autocratic and their members are sheeps and fascists
>>
>>6912128
It's propaganda.
>>
>>6915255
They actually did realize it was braindead by about 43-44 there’s internal documents from the military governor in Poland discussing how badly they fucked up by mass murdering civilians

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.