[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 400.jpg (257 KB, 585x365)
257 KB
257 KB JPG
What is your most hated historical myth?
>ibn4 the Holocaust
>>
>>6910349
not sure, there are so many to choose from, probably comparing the fall of rome to modern "degeneracy"
>>
Islamic Golden Age
>>
>>6910349
>Weimar was a degenerate hell on Earth run by Jewish tards who were selling the entire nation out and was plagued by hyperinflation, political instability and general economic disaster from its founding until 1933
>>
>>6910365
Not a myth
>>
>>6910388
What's a good (unbiased) source from which to learn about the Weimar Republic? Partly, I'd like to know more about it so I could make an educated guess on what the world today could have been if the republic hadn't been toppled.
>>
>>6910349
>People used to die at 40 in the past
>>
File: 1551235100902.jpg (27 KB, 225x216)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>6910397
Goddammit, anon
>>
>>6910401
People used to die at 30 was the version I was told.
>>
>>6910349
>The French in September or October of 1939 just had to walk across an essentailly completely undefended German border to win the war right then and there, but they didn't because they were either unfathomably stupid or maybe just wanted the Poles to get crushed.
>>
>>6910388
>tfw no ideal timeline where Hindenburg has a vision from God telling him to be content with Weimar German borders and then he manages to successfully restore a constitutional monarchy system to Germany with old Kaiserreich flag, form anti USSR alliance with Poland and turn Germany into the anti bolshevik Hero nation of Europe
I cant stop thinking about it lads
>>
>>6910393
the only persons of note were alhazen, avicenna and averroes and the last 2 were more philosophers, ie. didn't do shit, just said something like "lol we need proof and sheeit" and apologists claim this was some epic foundation of modern science
>>
>>6910349
Nanking Massacre. Comfort women. Bataan Death March
>>
>>6910388
It pretty much was though, that's why there was so much political instability that led to various extremist revolts like the commies and then nazis, who beat the shit out of each other on the street on a daily basis.
>>
>>6910349
Clean Wehrmacht
>>
>>6910388
Just how sensationalized is this article?
https://historycollection.co/17-reasons-why-germanys-weimar-republic-was-a-party-lovers-paradise/
>>
Mexican friend of mine believes Zimmerman telegram was made up, because he thinks Mexico was a scapegoat excuse for the United States to enter the war.
>>
>>6910365
Right, why can't (((historians))) admit that Alhambra just built itself?
>>
>>6910410
Hindenburg seemed like a pretty cool guy. Maybe I just had a shit education, but I wish he was more well known. Do Germans nowadays think anything of him, either good or bad?
>>
>>6910364
Yeah the whole "strong men create good times" shit is so reductionist and annoying. Basically just a slogan for authoritarianism.
>>
>>6910422
False
>>
>>6910430
In what sense are these myths? A wealth of primary sources exist for all of them. That's like saying WW2 didn't happen because where are the proofs?
>>
>>6910397
this
>>
>>6910349
>Alexander "the Great"
Literally lost to a designated pajeet
>>
File: 1558382693367.jpg (29 KB, 600x344)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>6910523
Stop it
>>
>>6910365
Why is it so hard to understand that the Islamic Golden Age doesn't mean a golden age for the world protagonized by Islam but a golden age INSIDE islam's history? Like all fucking golden ages work. I bet you also believe that the period correlates with the Islamic Conquests.

>>6910491
Alhambra was built after the Islamic Golden Age had ended for good, though.
>>
>>6910393
I refer to everything in Europe from late medieval period to enlightenment as the "the christian golden age"
>>
File: dzUm1NQ.png (194 KB, 1251x585)
194 KB
194 KB PNG
We'd be living in a technological utopia if not for the Dark ages. Pic related
>>
>>6910462
>from its founding to 1933
Warfare in the streets ended soon after the founding of the Republic and the Nazis, Communists and SocDems didn’t start beating the shit out of each other until the global economy shat itself in 1929, and I feel that the extent and degree to which all of that happened has been heavily overblown. For the majority of it Weimar was stable and when it wasn’t the German government did a fairly decent job at keeping a lid on it all things considered
>>6910484
Literal clickbait
>Guise Weimar was so open and liberated!
>Actually it was only in Berlin
>Also groups X, Y and Z held immense influence because I said so
>Also everyone was a drug addicted whore and were open about it because, again, I say so
>Underground cultures? Don’t know what you mean
>>6910488
Made up in what way? Is he talking about the theory that the British fabricated it to more-or-less trick the US into entering the war or does he think the Americans themselves made it up?
>>
>>6910504
>poetry
>a tiling technique
>making a scale in their own language
>chess rules
>geber
that's 1
>damascus steel made from wootz steel imported from india
>chinese paper
>"synthetic life"
lolno
>windmills and gears
already invented
>poetry, islamic shit, bla bla bla
>hindu math
>greek inventions
>things everyone else had at the same time
>alcohol distillation, nitric acid, aqua regia, sulfuric acid
2, ok 5
>Al-Zahrawi
>coffee

needs 10, so objectively not a golden age, sorry, you will just have to stop being muslim, muhammad was a pedo anyway, also you'll love bacon and porkchops
>>
>>6910563
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Hydaspes
It shows Alexander won the battle.
>>
>>6910658
So it says. But what happened after? He "gave" Porus all of his winnings from the previous battle from other minor pajeet kings. His army mutinied. He fled from the region and died shortly after.
>>
>>6910393
>t. paki
>>
>>6910504
That stuff was stolen from the greeks, romans, byzantines, etc.
>>
>>6910349
r*manian claims to erdély
>>
>>6910349
Mexico only had ~10,000 citizens in what is now California in 1848. Yet too often in common discourse, we are told that the Hispanic population in the US, which now numbers over 40 million, owes its’ genesis to Mexican rule, and not migrations following WW2.
>>
>>6910688
>win battle
>respect opponent, and make him a Satrap
>entire army has wanted to stop marching since the sack of Persepolis
>Alexander has no choice but to march back, since he couldn’t conquer anymore
>no, he lost

Do you have any sources backing your claim that tried to battle a fact?
>>
>>6910809
Don’t forget the purposeful ignorance on the treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo.
>>
>>6910430
based nip
>>
>>6910613
Ok if you want
>>
>>6910430

Bataan Death March happened but the "rape of nanking" is very exaggerated by the chinese
>>
>>6910960
how is it exaggerated?
>>
>>6910960
It should be called the Sexual Assault (without Penetration) of Nanking.
>>
>>6910496
Hindenburg was still a staunch conservative, nationalist and military man. Elderly Germans may like him, young germans generally dislike him as a "fascist enabler"
>>
That Scotland got beat by the English through battle

They paid the lords in gold to betray us and give up the where abouts of many others

Poofs
>>
>>6910397
based
>>
>>6910349
mormonism entirely. Growing up in utah most of my friends were mormon, as were all of my family members. They are entirely convinced that, before the english settled here, there was a large society here that fought wars with steel armor and weapons, steel-tipped arrows, horses, and the most damning of all; that they were all white. It's ridiculous.
>>
>>6911072
>people watched braveheart once
>they think the scottish just gathered up in big lines to manfight the british instead of using cunning tactics to defeat a larger, more equipped british army
>>
>>6911115
>confusing British and English again
The Scottish are currently British politically and always will be British in geographic terms. The poem/song "Rule Britannia!" was even written by a Scotsman.
>>
>>6911072
And then you voted to stay englands bitch forever without a single drop of blood spilled
>>
>>6911115
Yeah because it's not like the movie explicitly stated they used hit and run tactics or showed them doing it for hours

Oh wait
>>
>CIA didn't kill JFK
>>
>>6910650
Wwhos the monk the greentext is supposed to be about? Seems oddly specific to be generalizations about the life of any monk
>>
>>6910656
Alcohol distillation existed since the bronze age
>>
>history has been "whitewashed"
>>
FDR doing Pearl Harbor
Because I guess "oh shit the Japs tried to sneak attack us, thankfully we scrambled a bunch of fighters, also all of our shit in the Pacific got attacked too" wasn't as good of a rallying cry?
>>
File: Tuxedo Goebbels.png (74 KB, 236x283)
74 KB
74 KB PNG
>>6910397
came to post it
>>
Greeks and Hittites were indoeuropean
>>
File: 1562775985283.jpg (115 KB, 960x960)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
>>6910349
Holdomor
>>
>>6910488
My high school sophomore year history teacher said this and gave me detention when I insisted she was wrong
>>
Operation Condor
>>
>>6911436
s̙̞̥̘̝͒̎͐̀͠n̸͌̑e͓ͣ̆͊ḙ̶̯͇̖̦̝̓̈̈́ͅd̜̖̂͆̽
>>
>>6911205
Americans tainted independence just by being associated with it.
>>
The Spartan Myth. It’s incredible how well propaganda works, especially after almost 2,500 years.
>>
Great man theory is nonsense.
>>
>>6911666
Do you mean that the theory is a myth, or that it is a myth that it is wrong?
>>
>>6910349
The backstory behind the "Napalm Girl" photo, and to some extent the photo of that guy getting executed in Saigon.
>>
>>6911681
The second. Sorry I forgot the meme arrow. I was distracted.
>>
File: gay trannynazi.jpg (190 KB, 750x1073)
190 KB
190 KB JPG
>>6910388
This most nazis were trannies and fought to establish a rainbow nation
>>
File: sad.jpg (94 KB, 841x400)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>>6911428
>>
The latter. It was funny seeing him argue with one of the staff about it at the WWI museum in Kansas City.
>>
>>6910349
That Mesopotamia was the oldest center of civilization, and or the only Chalcolithic civilization that mattered.
>>
The domino theory, already proven false, how fucking dumb are american politicins
>>
>>6910349
"History is written by the Victors"
>>
>>6910349
>roman/greeks were white (as of germanic)
>>
All the rude things about Napoleon... :'(
>>
>dark ages
>>
>>6910401
This
>>
File: 1511462438248.jpg (57 KB, 600x600)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>6910349
>The Renaissance was started by Greek scholars fleeing from Constantinople
>>
>>6910349
That the human civilization only started about 10 000 years ago
>>
>>6910723
Who stole their stuff from Egyptians, Mesopotamians, etc
>>
>Catherine the great died while fucking a horse
>Napoleon being a dwarf
>Cavemen killed hunted the dinosaurs to extinction
>Dragons were real
>Atlantis was real
>Marco Polo brought pasta to the Italians
>Christopher Columbus wanted to prove the Earth was round
>USA joined WW2 to stop the holocaust, pearl harbor had nothing to do with it (this one is showing up more and more recently, it's a little scary)

I also know am an who at one point thought the plot to The Man in The Iron Mask was historical fact. He told people about it and they believed him.
>>
>>6910349
Erwin Rommel is the only good and competent ''Field Marshal'' of Nazi Germany.
>>
File: 1562618179576.jpg (35 KB, 650x609)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>6910401
Fucking this, this is the single fact that made me realize how every single retard spews the same bullshit he heard from other retards. Parrots.
>>
>>6910397
fpbp
>>
>>6910388
I mean the hyperinflation part is true.
>>
File: rasputin.png (903 KB, 958x760)
903 KB
903 KB PNG
>>6910349
Ra-ra-rasputin was somehow evil.

Its ok to dislike him. But aside from being magic and fucking a lot of people he was also very popular/infamous is petrograd as an "influencer" to use modern terms. A lot of his writings were reflective of populism. He was antiwar, pro-monarchy, but also for a lot of liberal reform. Thats why given his mysticism and his closeness to the royal family made him disliked by the leftists and the monarchists.

Hes more than just a curious figure that was impossible to kill.
>>
>>6910349
Le French surrender
>>
That the Renaissance was this great enlightened period after the DARK AGES. Nevermind that the brutality was far worse in the Renaissance.
>>
>>6911412
What infuriates me more is "we purposely moved away the carriers a few weeks beforehand so they wouldn't be hit" because to think that means you look at our past with extreme tunnelvision.
>>
>>6913007
He wasn't even that hard to kill, if I am not mistaken. They tried to poison him, but his physical condition didn't allow him to take the poisoned pastries that he was offered, so they shot him point blank in the chest and the head. Making him out to be a demon-like figure who would just not die was propaganda.
[spoiler]Unless I'm totally wrong.[/spoiler]
>>
>>6911686
>and to some extent the photo of that guy getting executed in Saigon.
Nothing in that photo was a lie, we just weren't told the story behind it.
>>
>>6912954
>Cavemen killed hunted the dinosaurs to extinction
...do you mean mammoths? Because at least that's true.
>>
>>6913029
The autopsy showed he was shot once in the back of the head and died instantly, the rest of that was just urban legend.
>>
Charlemagne/Karl der große. His existence gets teached as fact when we only have sources taking about him from hundreds of years later
>>
>>6913001
>from its founding to 1933
>>
That the Spanish carried out a premeditated campaign of genocide against the American natives.
Christ, people haven't even heard of the Leyes de las Indias, an active effort by people such as King Fernando II of Aragón and Bartolomé de las Casas to make sure the natives were seen by the law as fully fledged Spanish citizens, to whom the same rights and duties were applicable as to any other Spaniard.
>>
>>6913045
If it was true then they aren't very good at it, Montezuma's royal family is still alive today, they live in Spain.
>>
>>WW1 was caused by the assassination of Franz Ferdinand

Our generally most wars being reduced to the trigger event while ignoring the actual reasons for it. Marco-Polo bridge and pearl harbour are other examples
>>
That humans appeared in the Americas through evolution rather than through the displacement of Asians through Beringia.
>>
>>6913049
Exactly, it was bullshit. Most of the death perished from diseases that had no ill intent, thus, not genocidal. And the killing was regular conquest, not unlike what was common in Europe.
>>
>>6913007
Yeah the death scene is likely legend but if you dont believe in magic, which you shouldnt then you already knew that.
Story is he drank the wine, ate the pastry, unaffected, was shot. Got up freaking everyone out, ran out, was shot again and beaten. arms and legs tied, wrapped in a carpet, and thrown into an icy river. Found the next day under the ice out of carpet with hands untied. Buried by the royal family. Post-revolution his body is dug up and burned. As his body is burning it sits up freaking everyone out the last time.

The poison in the pastry was denatured during cooking. Idk about the wine. He was shot multiple times. Story is clearly exaggerated. The sitting up when burning is probably just tendon contraction from the heat, kinda known to happen. Easy to see how superstitious people would get spooked especially with his legend.

>>6913038
He was not shot in the back of the head. None of the accounts report this. There are picture of his dead body and the forehead shot does not look like an exit wound
>>
>>6913029
sorry meant to reply to you>>6913081
>>
>>6910349
The myth that the great pyramids could be built with a spiral ramp. The slope would be too high for 80 ton granite and an adequate size ramp wouldve left evidence.
>>
>>6910349
I want more pictures of literal Italian Roman reenactors gesticulating like their ancient fathers.
>>
>>6913065
The Jesuits did really erase their culture because amerindians wrote everything down in gold and christ is a lightningrod for human misery
>>
>>6911436
I don't think that Homer belongs in that picture
>>
File: Alt Right Kid.png (239 KB, 434x428)
239 KB
239 KB PNG
>>6910397
>>
>>6911661
This one triggers my natural jimmy rustle defense mechanisms. The spartans were notoriously dumb backwards examples constantly used to show how not to be. The word sparse is named after them because they lived like the lord of the flies kids minus the fancy fuckin conch.
>>
>>6913042
What the fuck are you talking about? He literally had his own biographer.
>>
>>6911412
I think this meme is reflective of the fact that everybody knew (((they))) were itching for any lame excuse to embroil americans in more wars
>>
File: 1529083287396.jpg (104 KB, 538x540)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
>>6913123
At least he isn't a fucking freakshow like most kids into communism.
>>
File: Occultism guide.png (66 KB, 504x720)
66 KB
66 KB PNG
>>6913081
>Don't believe in Magick
I refuse
>>
>>6910349
anything involving weapons

>m16 was a mistake
>tiger vs sherman
>mp44 was the fist assault riffle
>AKMs are bomb proof
>chris kyle almost in entirety
>most things involving sniper kill counts

probably my most hated "Myth", or more so lack of knowledge to determine a fair opinion is when people say japan had a justification to attack the united states for cutting off their oil and protecting itself from its fleets, not knowing japan was already in a war for conquest and burying people alive in china.
>>
>>6910462
No, it wasn't. Any revolts, or threats from revolt stopped by 1922. Hyperinflation only lasted during 1923. Nazis were all but forgotten until 1930. Commies were a joke until 1930 too. From 1924-29 Germany was actually doing "okay" for a European country, if anything it was doing better than the UK.
>>
>>6914174
Hyperinflation happening wipes out wealth forever you mongoloid.
>>
>>6910960
Bataan death march was just a failure of logistics
>>
>>6914184
Okay? And? What's your argument? I've clearly stated that Germany wasn't a hell hole throughtout the 20s. It was just about as bad as Britian and France, which is to say it was liveable. Hyperinflation would of course, only cause issue for those with savings, which I am going to assume for most of Germany wouldn't matter. Therefore the extent of it's negative effect was most likely limited. I could be wrong, however I doubt it. For everyone else, Hyperinflation was simply a year where people got frustrated that they had to carry way too much money for a loaf of bread. By 24 Streeseman had got rid of it.
>>
>>6910406
Why do you assume that this is a myth? How would people not have shorter lifespans before modern medicine, vaccines and sanitation?
>>
>>6910488
The German government admitted that the Zimmerman telegram was real.
>>
>>6913010
Marc Block's "Strange Defeat" is an excellent book, written by a professor of history who died fighting for the Resistance. It's his analysis of the internal reasons for France's rapid collapse in 1940, so profoundly different than its performance in WWI.
>>
>>6914286
Sure, modern advancements have increased life expectancy. But the myth they're talking about concerns a misconception on average life spans throughout history. The myth is that on average people lived to be 30-40 for the past few thousand years.
Statisically, maybe this is true. But statistics don't tell the full story. The reason the stats might say that people died at thirty do so because of high infant mortality rates were dragging average lifespan down. Realistically, people weren't dying at 30, just a bunch of them were dying at 3, while the rest would easily live to 60+.
>>
>>6910349
that OP´s father is his father, ask your mom about it faggot
>>
>>6914165
What was the first ass-ault rifle?
>>
>>6912955
I really wish Operation Valkyrie succeeded. Erwin Rommel would have most likely struck a cease fire/ armistice with the western allied powers and retained the German border against Russia. Germany probably wouldn't have become the massive cuck it is today.
>>
>>6914555
The Western Allies were not going to accept anything other than unconditional surrender, even if Hitler wasn't in charge. Sorry to burst your Wehraboo fantasies, sweetie.
>>
>>6910397
Based
>>
>>6914560
>tfw in every possible timeline, germany is destined to become a cuck.
>>
Basically all of Irish History until the 20th Century.
One the one hand:
>MUH 800 YEARS
>MUH FAMINE
>MUH OPPRESSION
So many Irish people completely write off centuries of fascinating history and stamp a big "we wuz oppressed" label on it which is humiliating.
On the other hand;
>Ireland was never united until by England
>We conquered you 800 years ago, you're rightfully ours
>Muh barbarians
English people also seem to be woefully unaware of the reality of their past relationship with Ireland.
It's all very interesting for such a tiny island that was largely irrelevant to the world after the 9th Century or so, but some people just need things to fit their worldview.
>>
>>6913117
He belongs; he's part of the "moleman getting hit in the balls with a football" joke". If he wasn't there I assure you that the meme wouldn't be as funny.
>>
>>6910349
>Islamic Golden age
These guys fuck up a whole region to the point that we have almost no recorded history and barely any archaeological evidence of the time between the 8th and 10th century and they claim it was their "golden age"...and everybody goes along with it.
>>
>>6910365
or that the islamic world imploded because of one dude
>>
>>6912954
>Catherine the great died while fucking a horse
what??? I know she is rather famous for her favourites, but this is the first time I heard this.
>>
>>6914622
On the other hand;
>ah yes, british history
>stonehenge
>britons
>romans
>boudicea
>the last vestige of imperivm romanvm
>king arthur
>alfred the great
>the battle of hastings
>king richard king john
>angevin empire
>100 years war
>wars of the roses
>merry old england
>and so on and so on
>ireland? they just wanted to join the party like wales and scotland didn't they?*
fix'd
>>
File: epic.jpg (65 KB, 680x655)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>inb4 the Holocaust
Hmm
>>
1989 Tiananmen Square Massacre
>>
The Library of Alexandria was burned by the Muslims.
>>
The October Revolution was aginst the Tsar
Hitler was a socialist
US/USSR won WW2 singlehandently/didn't have any contribution
>>
>>6911693
men dressing up as women has historically been for comedic purposes not sexual
>>
>>6911101
based ex mormon
>>
>>6915166
Didn't Hitler start off with socialist ideas which took a backseat, if not were thrown out entirely, the more that his political ideas became based on the importance of race?
I believe that the DAP started off as a party that combined socialism with nationalism and antisemitism. Please, correct me if I'm wrong.
>>
>da Chinese inbemted gunpowdurr but only used it for fireworkz!

Early gunpowder was practically useless as an explosive and was used as an incendiary almost at the get go.

If anything fireworks came AFTER gunpowder became used as an explosive.
>>
>>6911026
>Sexual Assault (without Penetration) of Nanking.
heh
>>
>>6910504
You forgot the suicide vests
>>
>>6915199
Basically. The left-wing factions of the party were useful for getting votes but were ultimately persuaded to join Hitler’s faction (Goebbels), pushed out (Strasser brothers) or purged (Rohm and the SA).
>>
>>6913094
The water crane theory is wild, but much more believable
>>
>>6910349
there was starvation in the soviet union after ww2
>>
>>6910349
>Empress Wu was a superb leader and paved the way for the tang dynasty
She was a notorious tyrant who lucked out on the social political circs of the time and failed to properly organise a true working state. Arguably, her grandson was the one that had to fix the issues she created.
>>
>>6911661
I wonder how many slave helots died protecting Sparta?
I mean those people were literally psychologically conditioned and threatened to doing anything Sparta wanted.
>>
>>6912955
This. I think Nazies had a superior command, army and tech system. They simply lost on the logistics due to the circumstances of their home country location and the lack of population.
We'd all be speaking German today if Germany had oil and more people in the 30's/40's.
>>
>>6913123
>as long as it doesn't keep my grades down
Good parenting. I think they realised it could improve his work ethic too. I don't think they care about the rest.
>>
>>6913094
>>6915259
wrong
>The slope would be too high for 80 ton granite
the king's chamber that used the largest blocks is low down and it is granite not plutonium, there wouldn't be too much pressure or not enough friction laid down on its side
>adequate size ramp wouldve left evidence
no special ramps were needed

go suck grahama hancock's cock more you schizophrenic retards
>>
>>6915170
>it was a joke we swear
>>
File: scots_ireland.png (1.35 MB, 1190x847)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB PNG
>>6914622
The modern irish are arguably mixed with the anglo-irish before England established the church of england.
Before the anglo irish existed there, Ireland was a constant migration hotbed for anglo-saxons, welsh/scots and vikings (and french?). This was especially so with the scots. The native Irish barely exist at all except as some vestigial genes in modern irish and british. Hell, I was shocked as a person who has ancestry "from ireland" in modern history to find that my last name was likely derived from a scottish clan (from the area circled in pic). Many names in Ireland are the same as Scotland was always involved with Ireland naturally by the proximity of it to ireland (it's closer to ireland than wales).
>>
File: gay tranny nazzi.jpg (66 KB, 636x363)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>6915073
dilate
>>
>>6914688
It was arguably also caused by the viking age too though.
>>
>>6910349
The "dark" ages meme
The Spanish Inquisition that supposedly killed millions or even 100,000
The Crusades weren't justified and just an excuse to increase land holdings and wealth
>>
>>6915580
Absurd. You offer no explanation of how they did it or why theres no evidence.
>>
>>6915663
>The Crusades weren't justified and just an excuse to increase land holdings and wealth
Depends on the crusade. The early crusades were arguably to prevent arabic slavers fucking over Europe.
The latter crusades literally had christians undermining other christian states for clay.
>>
>>6915695
True, I've should've specified the First Crusade being supposedly not justifiable because some of the later crusades were iffy at best.
>>
>>6910349
Holocaust
>>
>>6915711
>iffy at best
Arguably driven by merchants at that stage. Wasn't the case with early crusades.
>>
>>6915663
This. Henry the VIII had more people executed for religious reasons than the Spanish Inquisition in its entire history.
Also, Catholics barely partook in witch burning. There was an epidemic of accusations over witchcraft in northern Spain during the early 16th century and a Church delegate had to be sent there to judge each individual accusation and no one got burned because he determined them to be unfounded. The Catholic Church's stance on witchcraft was that it wasn't real.
>>
>>6912954
>>USA joined WW2 to stop the holocaust, pearl harbor had nothing to do with it (this one is showing up more and more recently, it's a little scary)
Bullshit, where did you supposedly see this?
>>
>>6910349

''Medieval/ancient swords weren't sharp.''
>>
>>6915822
Probably Facebook or Twitter.
>>
>>6915166
Yeah you should never forget how England and France wore Germany out by having it beat their asses nonstop. US-USSR two front tag team was just the finishing blow on an already done deal
>>
File: 1508535509884.jpg (23 KB, 305x318)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>6914794
>the last vestige of imperivm romanvm

Is this what Anglo*ds actually believe?
>>
>>6913081
>There are picture of his dead body and the forehead shot does not look like an exit wound
Somewhat related but if you use a suppressed .22 with subsonic rounds, the bullet actually doesn't possess enough power to both enter and exit the hard skull, meaning it just bounces around in there and shreds up the brain. The advantage of this is basically no mess to clean up and it pretty much is hollywood silent with that much suppression.
>>
File: Britains We Wuzing .jpg (354 KB, 1200x800)
354 KB
354 KB JPG
>>6914794
Don't forget!
>The descendants of King Solomon and Queen Sheba and Israeli Royal Family
I fucking lol to this day at that delusion
>>
>>6910349
That Hitler and the NatSocs wanted to get rid of the world's slavs.
>>
That everytime in history a country has conquered another, super extensive and effective rape happens and from then on the conquered population is totally mixed. Thank the gods that real dna ancestry studies can be made now.
>>
>>6910349

The myth of the French being cowards
>>
>>6910488
Mexican here.
The way we are taught about it is that the Germans sent the telegram on their own, from desperation. Mexico was in the middle of a revolution that lasted 1910-1920, and it should be obvious we werent planning any war while in the middle of a civil war. But the intention offended the americans so theres that.
>>
>>6918189
I'm sure lots of rape did happen, but in a lot of cases the women killed the kid or themselves rather than live with it.
>>
>>6910388
Literally all of that is true besides the jew shit
>>
>>6918250
>from its founding until 1933
Also
>Berlin was all of Germany
>Berlin was as bad as people made it out to be
>
>>
>>6918244
Abortion herbal potion have always existed and werent even outlawed, not even in christian or islamic countries. Look up the history of abortion. It wasnt even controversial until the XIX century.
>>
>>6918307
Why did it become controversial?
>>
>>6910401
This. People in ancient Greece were living into their 60s and 70s, 2,000 years before European colonization of the Americas.
>>
"blitzkrieg"
>>
>Napoleon/Hitler invaded Russia in the winter
>>
>>6910349

That the Roman Empire fell in the 5th rather than 15th century.
>>
>>6910481

This!
>>
>>6911412

While I don't think FDR knew Pearl Harbour specifically was going to happen. I think he knew an attack on American interests by Japan was coming.

I'm basing this on that Gore Vidal believed it; and of anyone he's the one who knows where all the bodies are buried. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he got this from an ex FDR aide or even Elenor herself.

>>6911433
Greek and Hittite are both Indo European languages. You're a phrenology brainlet.
>>
>>6911661

This!
>>
>>6913045

While there are definitely points when the Spanish engaed in genocide they were no where near as horrific as the British were in North America.
>>
>>6914622

Are you trying to say there wasn't a famine, genocide, and oppression? Cause there was a famine, what Cromwell did would be considered genocide by any real metric, and the laws which stopped Irish people from speaking their language or engaging in politics is pretty obvious forms of oppression?

Or are you saying that Irish history is a lot richer and more complex than just English oppression? If it's the latter I completely agree.
>>
>>6910388
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weimar_culture#Berlin's_reputation_for_decadence
>Prostitution rose in Berlin and elsewhere in the areas of Europe left ravaged by World War I. This means of survival for desperate women, and sometimes men, became normalized to a degree in the 1920s. During the war, venereal diseases such as syphilis and gonorrhea spread at a rate that warranted government attention.
>Homosexual behaviour was also documented among soldiers at the front. Soldiers returning to Berlin at the end of the War had a different attitude towards their own sexual behaviour than they had a few years previously. Prostitution was frowned on by respectable Berliners, but it continued to the point of becoming entrenched in the city's underground economy and culture. First women with no other means of support turned to the trade, then youths of both genders.
>The German public also became fascinated with reports of homicides, especially "lust murders" or Lustmord.
>Thrill-seekers came to the city in search of adventure, and booksellers sold many editions of guide books to Berlin's erotic night entertainment venues. There were an estimated 500 such establishments, that included a large number of homosexual venues for men and for women; sometimes transvestites of one or both genders were admitted, otherwise there were at least 5 known establishments that were exclusively for a transvestite clientele.
>>
>>6915199
>Didn't Hitler start off with socialist ideas which took a backseat

No, Hitler himself was firmly anti-socialism from the beginning. However the party he joined had some socialist ideas. Hence the various purges of that party.
>>
>>6915663
>The Crusades weren't justified and just an excuse to increase land holdings and wealth

If you look at the fact that the Crusades began because Emperor Alexis just wanted to refresh his army with european soldiers then it becomes pretty obvious the crusades were - in fact - not justified.
>>
Almost anything to do with precolumbian, especially mesoamerican history

>Tthe Aztec, Maya, and Inca are the only complex precolumbian civilizations (There's two seperate cradles of civilization, in Mexico and Peru, both of which had civilization for 1500-2000+ years before europeans showed up, had dozens of major civilizations and hundreds of specific states; also the Missipissians were a thing)

>Tthey never invented the wheel (they did and they understood the mechanical properties of it)

>They were stone age (they smelted bronze and were more comparable to civilizations from the iron age or classical anitquity in most regards anyways, the choice of material for tools doesn't define the overall technological complexity of a society)

>The Aztec sacrificed 80,000 people in a single day (literally proven factually false both by basic math and via digs at where the bodies woulfd be stored, probably more like dozens to low hundreds a year)

>They got conquered by like 500 conquistadors (The Conquistadors composed less then 1% of the armies that sieged the Aztec captial, with both that conflict and the remaining conflicts over the nrext few decades against the remaining city-states, kingdoms, and empires all being primarily fought via native armies on the spanish's behalf who did most of the work; + dieseases crippling the native population)

>Aztec cities sided with the spanish due to the Aztec being tyrannical evil assholes who enslaved people to sacrirfice (the Aztec empire left the cities it conquered alone as long as they paid tribute and every city was sacrifcing people to some degree, cities sides with the spanish out of geopolitical oppunritsm)

>"Tribes" (Mesoamefica had almost no tribes, nearly every society in the region past 200AD or so was a sedentary state society or a rural community under the domion of one)

etc
biggest one is that the spanish conquest was unavoidable/that somebody else would have done it if not for them but I ran out of space
>>
>>6919500

Hell yeah!
>>
>>6915627
you could at least bring up more than the exact same couple images and copy pasted statements youve been spamming across this entire website
>>
>>6912187
That's true though, isn't it?

>>6912877
Gobekli tepe isn't a center of civilization.
>>
>>6913045
>>6913049
>>6913065
>>6919455
Mesoameriaboo from >>6919500, I agree to an extent.

The idea that the spanish were intentionally ethnically cleansing Mexico is bunk; Spain's imperial strategy required a population to rule over, unlike say up in north america where american coilionists saw the natives as people in the way; and particularly early on in the colional period, you saw native nobility and royalty keeping their influence, marrying with spanish nobles, etc, with at least some degree of a view of respect towards native civilizations and their accomplishments.

That being said, there were also plenty of times Conquistadors massacred people or mass enslaved them out of greed; the enciomedia system still enabled exploitation, and over time Spanish rule increasingly eroded native political and social systems and treated the native people as second class citizens or near slaves, you saw racial caste systems, etc

Most importantly, the mass destruction of mesoamerican texts, art, and archtecture is quite possibly THE single biggest historical/cultural loss in human history, with dozens of libraries burned, hundreds to thousands of books with them; thousands of works of goldwork, fine textiles, ceramics, featherwork, etc melted down or destroyed, and temples and cities demolished. An entire indepedent cradle of civilization was nearly wiped out. It's unimaginable; between it and the Andes, we lost an entire third pillar of human history alongside the West and East.

If nothing else, they are guilty of cultural genocide.
>>
File: sadpacino.png (502 KB, 1024x768)
502 KB
502 KB PNG
>>6919642
>An entire indepedent cradle of civilization was nearly wiped out. It's unimaginable; between it and the Andes, we lost an entire third pillar of human history alongside the West and East.
>>
>>6919476
>Localized in Berlin
>Widespread but still suppressed underground cultures
As I said, "hurr durr Weimar was basically Sodom" is a myth.
>>
>>6919661
It's depressing to think about, but if it makes you feel better there's still a lot more records left then people think.

We have hundtreds of primary sources about Aztec society and history in both Spanish and Nahuatl (the aztec language) from the early colional period, since even though the Spanish mass burned Aztec libraries, many Native nobles and royalty, and Spanish friar, then re-recorded information which was lost. Sahagun's history for instance is like 2000+ pages of detailed information on daily life, goverment organization, medical practices, religion, random cultural views, craftsmen and their arts, and other info about Aztec culture and society, while Duran's history is a similar work but detailing their history, down to specific statements made by specific political officials, see pic. (granted, much of these sources have bias issues, either against or for the aztec depending on if the source was spanish or native, but still)

For the Maya, meanwhile, dozens of maya cities have surviving inscriptions detailing the political histories of their city and royal families, from the specific dates of alliances, wars, births, deaths, marriages, etc, which when cross referenced can tell us a lot about the state of their region. We have 8 surviving Mixtec books with the same sort of info, and while much more limited, we have a handful of records like this or like the aztec ones for other civilizations like the Purepecha Empire, Zapotec, etc

So if you are willing to put the work into going balls deep to find the sources (check out >>6919166), there's a lot more info out there then youy'd think, especially for the Aztec and Maya, but the fact that we know as much as we do despite the mass biblocaust onlyu goes to show how much more we WOULD have if not for that. We could have legit roman tier records going back like 800-1000 years before the Spanish contact, maybe further.
>>
>>6919716
based anon, appreciate it. this isn't a period in history i'm usually attracted to but now i wanna check it out
>>
>>6910422
>some greek says 'why' and pisses people off
>nordcucks claim this is the basis of modern space travel
>>
>>6910826
Elaborate?
>>
>>6910809
Also add that none of those Mexicans that were already here were deported, they were all granted US citizenship. Plus, like most Northern Mexicans today, they aren't the Mestizos most American hispanics, but basically pure Iberian.
>>
>>6911345
Just Irish monks in general, they did tremendous preservation work
>>
>>6911376
Alcohol did, not distilled alcohol
>>
>>6910349
>go to any discussion or video of the American Revolution with Brits
>WOOOOOOOOOOOW IT TOOK 4 OF YOU TO KILL ME
>>
>>6913056
Only super fringe beleive this
>>
>>6913105
They didn't destroy it because it was gold, they destroyed it because it was pagan culture. They wanted to turn them into Spaniards
>>
>>6913127
Like early on at the end of dark ages and during the persian wars they were better than most because they were one of the few armies that actually regularly drilled
>>
>>6915628
You've got it backwards; the Scottish are descended from the Irish. 'Scotti' were literally an Irish clan that crossed over and conquered the locals
>>
>Why is Latin America one big pile of shit?
>MUH CIA!!!!
>>
>>6919434
>Greek and Hittite are both Indo European languages.
They also possessed lots of non-IE substrata and culture.
>>
That no one ever had any fun before modern time and spent their time suffering and dying of disease.
>>
>>6919686
>localized most influential city in Germany at that time
>decadence was suppressed so much that you had an institution dedicated to it
>>
>>6910400
If you want a truly unbiased opinion, don't go for German sources. Many a historian has a nostalgia boner for the social structure of the Weimar time.
>>
>>6919475
The latter. Obviously one can talk with ease about the myriad of sheer incompetence displayed by the English administration at times as well as acts of (albeit time-contextual) malice, but to sum all of Irish history up as "Muh oppression" is fucking stupid.
>>
>>6913007
He was hardly innocent. Enabling self-serving and incompetent officials a line to the royal family made him deserving of a lot of the hate he got.
>>
>>6914765
>a horse
What happened is that the court wanted to discredit her after her death. It didn’t help that she was a really kinky woman overall, but there’s no evidence that she was fucked by a horse
>>
>>6919479
I believe that the way he gained Drexler's attention was by springing forth from his seat during a DAP meeting and insulting a member of the party who was defending capitalism. He did have some socialist ideas at the beginning, which faded away quickly.
>>
>>6919642
On a brighter note, I'd like to mention something since you bring up the architecture. In Pizarro's home town in Spain, named Trujillo, there are some buildings from the 16th century that don't fit in aesthetically with the rest. Well, turns out, that upon the return of some consquistadores, many of whom where from the region of Extremadura, where Trujillo is located, they brought with them tales and descriptions of the architecture they had witnessed in America, and some of them had buildings made in mainland Spain based on those designs they had seen in the New World. So you have some Mesoamerican looking houses in the middle of a relatively small town in one of the least thought of regions of Spain; I thought it was very interesting when I found out.
>>
>>6919716
Something else we can appreciate is the preservation of native languages. During the colonization plenty of Jesuits and other evangelists traveled abroad to save the natives' souls; it was a common belief among them that Europe was too sick and depraved by that point in History to be saved, and that the natives were much purer of heart and thus, capable of salvation if properly educated. There was the language barrier, of course. So, in the name of efficiency, instead of teaching the natives Spanish so they could be communicated the word of God, which would be pretty hard, the evangelists learnt the native tongues and preached in them. That did wonders for preservation. It wouldn't be until the 18th century that those tongues would be persecuted, and by then they were affianced enough in the culture to survive. Mestizos also tended to speak their native tongue because the majority of them were children of Spanish fathers and American mothers; since mothers were in charge of the education and care of the children, their progeny usually spoke either the native tongue or became bilingual.
>>
>>6910365
not a myth, but that's because most of the scholars were Persians, not Ar*bs. Muslims today just like to claim it when in fact Arabs were just sand dwelling savages and that era has nothing to do with Islam. It's just that Persians were based and seek knowledge.
>>
>>6920185
It has everything to do with Islam. Al-Andalus was a paradise of learning and innovation and you whites destroyed it. We'd be roaming on Mars if you hadn't
>>
WW2. It's not real, everything were just made up by the jews.
>>
>>6912858
Yes the black plague also played a big part, the Renaissance wasn't caused by a single thing but I find it really hard to believe that the scholars weren't important considering the ERE had a very high literary output even in its dying days
>>
File: 1519530724661.jpg (5 KB, 174x167)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>>6920190
I thought Spaniards weren't white.
>>
>>6915220
>that rocket with aerodynamic wings

Was that real?
>>
>>6910401
It's actually true though. What double digiters don't understand is that this means that, for those surviving childhood, 40s is a good estimate of average lifespan. Doesn't mean people die of old age in their 40s. It means that people would die from the host of diseases that modern adults see a doctor for, else random infection. Some people get lucky and avoid this and do make it to old age, which before modern medicine/good childhood living standards would be younger, i.e 60s instead of 80s.
>>
>>6919569
Leave him alone, the guy has already had his fair share of bad luck by being born p*lish.
>>
>>6919944
>Implying that matters to the 63 million Germans outside of the city
>Implying that means anything when the groundwork had been there since the 1890s and the entire thing was never as popular as it’s modern reputation leads you to believe
>>
>>6919944
Also
>Decadence = Fags having a friendly research group and not drug dens/whore houses
>
>>
>>6918225
Also, at the time, Mexico's biggest supplier of military hardware was..... The U.S. Somehow, I doubt they'd be willing to sell Mexico guns if the Mexicans were at war with them.
>>
>>6910349
Muh Russian winter.
>>
>>6913007
don't forget rasputin was packing a humongous penis
>>
People referring to the sengoku period as "ancient japan" and other such inaccuracies irk me a bit .
>>6911661
Also this, MUH SPARTA was the N. Korea of Ancient Greece with a heavy dose of eugenics and barbarity thrown into the mix. Intellectually regressive cowards who built a life of thrills and luxury on a mountain of helot corpses they were too afraid to campaign away from.
>>6912912
This shit too. "These people stole this from these other people durr"
It's like a discussion on cultural appropriation in the 4th century BC, people moved around, conquered, sold shit and influenced each other, no one had copyright claim to your favourite fucking alphabet.
>>
File: Politicompass OC.png (1.28 MB, 1200x1305)
1.28 MB
1.28 MB PNG
>>6913123
>>6913325
*ahem*
>>
>>6910349
>Hitler hated Muslims
>what >>6910364 said
>Africa and America was just a bunch of tribes pre-colonization
>Africa and America was an advanced civilization pre-colonization
>The Arab Israeli was has been happening for "thousands of years" (it hasn't even been a century yet)
>Referring to the pre-Great Schism church as "the Vatican", and saying Constantine created the Catholic Church
>"we don't know how the Egyptians built the pyramids"
>Germany has always been the 'bad guy' in history (it hasn't been a unified country until the 1800s)
>We went to war with Nazi Germany to stop the Holocaust (it was about Poland)
>Columbus intentionally went to America to commit genocide
>Vikings set up a perminant colony in Newfoundland
>Muh russian winter
>>
>the late roman army were an ineffectual ragtag bunch of foreign mercenaries
>>
>>6914546
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cei-Rigotti
>>
>>6915675
Ywah aliens did it is way more plausible. Youre right. Actually, i think they courted the favor of the sea monsters to xome out of the ocean and build it for then with their gargantuan size and strength. That or horus himself created the pyramids. Perhaps they have always existed for eternity and the Egyptians only found them, being the last remnant of the Finnish hyper war culture
>>
>>6919475
Cromwell didnt genocide anyone, he sacked a couple cities. This happens time to time in war, especially when dealing with a stubborn enemy.
>>
>>6910365
This is real you retard. It was a period where all Europe had in the way of intellectual culture was monastaries, meanwhile the muslims are running massive states through sophisticated institutions like those of the Roman empire.

Eastern Rome also had good intellectual culture and institutions in the same period. No need to feel so embarrassed for white people.
>>
>>6918329
Because the state got involved
>>
>>6912955
>one of the most brilliant field commanders talents was wasted fighting for the retards in Hitler's inner circle

Such is life, I guess.
>>
>>6914622
This kind of phrasing is often cover for downplaying colonial oppression.

Yes Ireland has a rich history and not all of it between 1100 and 1923 should center the British at all times

But nevertheless the British were malicious imperialist oppressors of the Irish people in whatever territory they controlled at any given time.
>>
>>6921478
So, people cared about abortions but the state hadn't gotten involved until then?
>>
>>6921569
People tend to not speak up about things until laws come into the picture, before that they can police it themselves quietly and discreetly (and through mob justice)
>>
>>6915663
The crusades were in line with the morality of the time but the idea that they were self defense is a lie. It's not self defence if they area you "take back" has been the enemy's for much longer than the US has existed today. That's just regular invasion of foreign soil.
>>
>>6921607
You could look at it this way. A dragon shows up to town and starts wrecking everything. It's not the first time this has happened and it will probably keep happening. So you grab a bunch of people, you walk up the mountain to the dragon's lair, and you kill there. Sure, you're in their territory, but the idea is stopping it from coming back.
Except the peasants here got sidetracked and decided to steal all the dragon's shit instead of making sure it was dead, like a bunch of morons.
>>
>>6910349
Roanoke.
>colony disappears
>Governor comes back a while later
>all these Indians with blonde hair and blue eyes
>town is gone
>sign with name of indian tribe on it
>"dude what happened to all our colonists"
>"shit dude I dunno, that's fucking scary"
>>
>>6921625
This'd make sense if you were also a dragon exactly as destructive as the other

Muslims were in no way worse than Christians. In fact in many ways they were more tolerant to minority religions. Not only that, but this was centuries after the main expansion of large, unified caliphates. The area where the famous crusades happened became Ottoman, so that didn't matter at all. Islam would not have taken over Europe without those attacks.
>>
>>6921064
>>Africa and America was just a bunch of tribes pre-colonization

What were they?
>>
>>6911404
In what way?
>>
>>6913053
linear bullet points like those are just used for normies to get a surface level understanding of the past. anyone who digs a little deeper understands that history is a running stream that (generally) follows a logical course.
>>
>>6910407
not a myth, it was a combination of incompetence, fear and trying to get out of the situation with out having to fight or at least not get the hardest blow

compared to the soviet union their startegy worked fine, compared to the UK not so much
>>
>Srebrenica (((Genocide))) hoax
>>
>>6919498
he wanted to reconquer the lost provinces of the empire lol not swell his army
>>
>>6910349
>vietnam wanted communism and the arvn was a footnote that never actually mattered
>the republican roman legions were super-disciplined elites rather than half-trained and lightly equipped militia notable primarily for the ease of raising them
>cuba was an example of successful socialism
>the mongols were *this* close to conquering all of europe before ogedei died
>the regions that are first-world today were always first-world and the regions that are third-world today will always be third-world
>>
That Henry V kept remarrying because they wouldn't produce him a son. Then I found out that the third of his 6 wives not only gave him a son, but said son succeeded him as king.
>>
>>6920133
That sounds cool as fuck, got any images of those?

>>6920152
Yes, I've heard this before. It's ironic that De Landa is both responsible for the greatest loss of maya books yet also did the most work to preserve maya lkanguages after the fact.
>>
>>6921064
>Africa and America was an advanced civilization pre-colonization

Mesoamerica and the Andes absolutely had "advanced" civilizations: The most complex Mesoamerican groups were comparable to Greece and Persia in terms of city sizes, political complexity, water mangement systems, the emphasis and florusihing of the arts; and even moreso in terms of medicine, hygine, and biology.

Were they full WE WUZ tier hyper-advanced ancient ayy tier stuff? of course not, but they were still 'advanced" by the measures most people would say Old World ancient civilizations were advanced.

>>6921765
Mesoamerican (MExico, Guatamala, etc) and Andean (Peru, Bolvia, etc) cultures were generally full formal political states based in cities, like in europe and asia. They get called "stone age" due to how they didn't prefer to use metals for tools, especially the mesoamericans; but were really more comparable to bronze age (egypt, sumer, minoans, etc), iron age (assyia, babylon, etc), or classical civilizations (greece, persia, rome, etc), derpending on which facet of society you look at/which civ in particular

Like pic related shows a look at the interiors of two aztec minor palaces/noble villas, only retards would call these socities "tribes"; and the Aztec, while the most powerful mesoameircan group, weren';t an outlier in terms of being a formal complex state or having cities by any means.
>>
>>6910401
Technically this is correct though. People die at 40 now.
I assume you mean that "40 was the average life expectancy"
Considering how averages work, this may still be factually correct.
>>
>>6923493
>the regions that are first-world today were always first-world and the regions that are third-world today will always be third-world

this is pretty much the root of modern racism and it baffles me how common this is

fucking japan didn't have cities and shit till like 500+ AD yet the middle east did in 4000 BC, India did in 2500 BC, Mexico did in 1400 BC, etc; yet you have morons talking about how superior japanese people are genetically and how shitskins are stupid.

>>6921026
when people say the Mediterrians "stole" stuff from the fertile crescedent the "stolen" part isn't usually an actual term of derision, it's just poking fun at /pol/tards
>>
File: you.jpg (302 KB, 936x960)
302 KB
302 KB JPG
>>6918250
>Who is Magnus Hirschfield
>>
>>6911556
C O P E
>>
>>6913127
>>6921026

So Spartas enemies didn't engage in propoganda either?
>>
>>6916121
>Bounces around

You don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>6921064
>>Referring to the pre-Great Schism church as "the Vatican", and saying Constantine created the Catholic Church
Based ortho.
>>
>>6924391
I was more referring to how many first world places today such as South Korea were literally Sub Saharan Africa tier within living memory yet this has mostly been forgotten outside of them.
>>
>>6910364
>breakdown in national spirit
>political fracturing
>self destructive ideology antithetical to established traditions takes over (christianity)
>mass migrations of foreigners into roman territory, rapid and irreversible demographic change
yup not seeing any parallels here
>>
>>6911436
who makes these?
>>
>>6924347
>That sounds cool as fuck, got any images of those?
I oversold it a little, sorry; I had forgotten some of the details. It is still sort of true; while not entire buildings were made in that style, there were still some influences.
First off, sorry for the crap picture. Here you can see chimneys that are reminiscent of the style the conquistadores witnessed in America.
>>
File: 00818919.jpg (48 KB, 669x447)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>6924347
>>6925155
Here's a close-up picture.
I remember hearing this from a guide when I toured the town; I hope he either wasn't wrong or that I didn't misunderstand him.
>>
>>6921607

Where do you draw the arbitrary line between self defense and conquest?
>>
>>6924391

No, they very legitimately mean it.
>>
>>6922573
>not a myth, it was a combination of incompetence, fear and trying to get out of the situation with out having to fight or at least not get the hardest blow
It is entirely a myth. Heeresgruppe C had 42 divisions in it, most of them from the same Welles that were attacking in Poland. OKW's reserves of 11, weaker divisions were also in the region. That is well in excess of what the pre-war French army was capable of fielding, and if you want to attack across a narrow, fortified front and have at least the bare comfort of numerical superiority, the French would have needed to throw essentially untrained reservists into the fray and hope they can attack a fixed position.

There is no way in hell this would have worked.
>>
>>6925730
then you are being dumb, that's just cultural exchange, as the other anon said.
>>
>>6924447
That's not the point. The thing is, Sparta, as popularized by films and graphic novels, or even as it was remembered by people in the early modern period and romanticized by the neoclassicists is very much different from what classical Sparta actually was like. From Jacques-Louis David, to the US using the east vs west narrative based on the battle of thermopylae during WW2, to Miller, everyone remembers Sparta in a "Heroic, stoic and beautiful" fashion. They are a red-cloaked supersoldier savior meme.
>>
>>6924480
Look you know what I mean when I say bounces, I'm not being literal. Just try me when I say it doesn't exit.
>>
>>6921765
People usually think "America pre-colonization = tribes" because they see it through the lens of the colonizations carried on by the U.K and Fracen, who did in fact encounter mainly just tribes.
But Spain and Portugal encountered complex civilizations, true, not as advanced as Europe but still much more than "tribes"
>>
>>6924391
>fucking japan didn't have cities and shit till like 500+ AD yet the middle east did in 4000 BC, India did in 2500 BC, Mexico did in 1400 BC, etc; yet you have morons talking about how superior japanese people are genetically and how shitskins are stupid.

The same goes for the opposite of this. Just because it took longer for some peoples to develop complex civilizations doesn't make them inherently inferior.
>>
>>6926796
Of course, that's half of my point.
>>
>>6910349
English being a "Germanic language".
>>
>>6910365
Not a myth, is a fact.
>>
>>6910430
Subaru san aren't you supposed to be at your salary man job?
>>
>>6910388
I always find it weird when people blame kikes and commies for Weimar sucking instead of, you know, blaming the Kaiser's government for letting the country getting into the war and then failing to win it.
>>
>>6928648
English is a Germanic language
>>
>>6924531
No amount of cope changes that the Catholic Church is the church of Christ and all heretics burn in hell
>>
>>6924391
What are you gonna do about the fact that the evidence that exists within proper modern studies has more than demonstrated genetic factors in different groups have higher and lower IQs than one another? No amount of b-but ancient Egypt will change the objective reality that has been demonstrated.
>>
>>6911666
Except its correct
>>
>>6921607
Except those lands were still majority Christian and Christian pilgrims were being massacred contemporaneously to them so yes it was
>>
>>6921692
Nice myths
>>
>>6910388
Berlin was a real shithole but you’re probably right otherwise.
>>
>>6910401
It’s true unless you cut off the lower bound of childhood deaths. Just a different way to look at the data.
>>
>>6914165
Sherman 75 really needed a bigger gun and more armour. It got it and was a great tank. Sherman with the 17lber (the 76mm was good too) was probably one of the best tanks of the war.

Tiger if it had sloped armour would have been a much better tank. 100mm plate at 35 degrees...
>>
>>6914196
Look up Japanese Death Ships and tell me honestly they had any intention of humanity with their POWs. Pure horror.
>>
>>6915155
No one thinks that. It burned down at least a few times. First was JC and then the other JC followers. Maybe more times. Alexandria had a lot of riots.
>>
>>6910349
The whole "Israel/The Jews" run everything and are the puppet masters of the world.

Gets real tiring because in reality they have been nothing but the scapegoat and target of genocide for thousands of years.
>>
>>6929032
>t. (((Anon)))
>>
>>6928887
I mean, i'd have to see said studies, but I'm open to the idea that certain ethnic groups tend to be smarter or not on average, but that's the thing: it'd be on the basis of specific ethnic groups, not "race", which often groups together a bunch of pretty genetically distinct ethnic groups together.

For example, pretty much any indingious american be they from what's now canada or mexico would get grouped as "native american" as a race, when if you look at actual genetics, there are specific groups just inside mexico with as much genetic variation from each other as most germans vs most japanese people

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2014/06/people-mexico-show-stunning-amount-genetic-diversity

Regardless, clearly arabs, amerindians, indians, SEA's, etc, or at least the specific ethnic groups that did historically, are capable of producing, and sustaining complex socities.
>>
>>6926796
Not him but what always bothers me is the whole "the Amerindians never invented the wheel". Ignoring that they did actually invent the wheel and just used it for toys because they lacked the beasts of burden to make the wheel truly useful, civilizational development doesn't work like a videogame tech tree. You can in fact be advanced and not have the wheel.
>>
>>6929290
the mesoamericans also conceptualized their calender system as interlocking wheels, had spindle whorls and a similar device which acted as a potter's wheel, and may have used wheel;s in siege towers, since we know at least the Maya had those and presumbly you need wheels them to function
>>
>>6929032
>The whole "Israel/The Jews" run everything and are the puppet masters of the world.
This, I honestly believe that life is a cluster fuck of chaos and no one is in control.

>Gets real tiring because in reality they have been nothing but the scapegoat and target of genocide for thousands of years.
>Jews dindu nuffin
The Jews have never been innocent.
>>
>>6920657
Is that his cock? what the fuck
>>
>>6910349
>LOL XD GERMANY INVADED RUSSIA IN THE WINTER
>GERMANY STARTED WW1 XD
>Russia never won a naval engagement
>America has never lost a war
>>6910388
>myths
Can you read?
>>6910401
This
>>
>>6916912
Fucking this
>>
>>6912955
If you train him during the Spanish civil war, yes
>>
>>6929469
Can you?
>>
>>6928994

Actually people do including some Shia Muslims...and I say that as a Shia Muslim.
>>
>>6929150
Except it is race and not just “ethnic groups”. Race is as real as ethnicity because geography doesn’t stop at country borders
>>
>>6915133
this
>>
>>6912200
In a roundabout way this is true, but the big flashy battles with swords and guns are not the only types of battle during war. The definition of victor here is what needs refinement.
>>
>>6910349
>if Germany did (insert ridiculous excuse) they could’ve won WWII
>>
>>6931385

But Muh Jet Fighter!!

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.