[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1549804738794.jpg (94 KB, 900x900)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
Why is humbleness encouraged in us since childhood when it's the not humble people who succeed in life?
>>
>>6768027
I mom told me vanity was a virtue, but I didn't listen until I was already a doormat.
>>
File: 1558827087083m.jpg (92 KB, 680x1024)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>6768027
>Us
Its not encouraged in everyone. Its possible that in your case you were taught to be humble by someone that was humbled early on and felt the struggle to be a big shot wasnt worth it. These are the same people that insist the steady path is best.
>>
>>6768027
the children of chads are encouraged to be chads. the children of cucks are encouraged to be cucks. such is the way of the world.

I got lucky in that I took the humility and morality shit very seriously, which led to me being ruthlessly bullied until I learned that always lying, bullying others, taking advantage of them and encouraging them to behave in ways that benefit me, not them, is what works.

you should stop being a doormat and become an asshole. feels a lot better.
>>
>>6768027
>us
What are you, some Scandinavian cuck?
>>
>>6768161
Imagine being Donald and getting to jerk off while standing over her while she sleeps
>>
>>6768027
You are a violent pleasure seeking ape its important to keep those impulses in check for a stable society. You get Sub Saharan Africa when that doesnt happen.
>>
>>6768193
Im against lying because it makes people not trust you even when you tell them the truth.
>>
>>6768027
Because unhumble people are fucking annoying.
>>
because you're a slave living among slaves
>>
File: 1555613630706.png (856 KB, 555x900)
856 KB
856 KB PNG
>>6768027

It's one of those paradoxical twists of fate that leads people to be much less humble when they look up and think they're just another insignificant spec than the eras when they looked up and thought they were at the center of everything.

lol
>>
>>6768027

Almost as if the average pleb isn't supposed to succeed and an entire system has been put in place to make sure they don't...
>>
Christianity is a religion for humble farmers to run their small villages in an orderly fashion, you're a humble little farmer that's why
>>
>>6768252
Whoa... that's deep man...
>>
>>6768205
>sleeps
>>
>>6768278

OP said it himself. Why are children actively taught a character trait that sets them up for life as a nobody? Why are school classes and discipline systems centred around enforcing that trait?
>>
>>6768288
Because that trait is actually more desirable when being part of a functioning society.
Theres a reason why flamboyant raging cock addict faggits were never truly welcomed in most societies
>>
>>6768298

>part of a functioning society

Exactly. A cog. A pleb.
>>
File: this is gonna sting.jpg (177 KB, 1920x1080)
177 KB
177 KB JPG
No one actually likes narcissists.
>>
>>6768213
no it doesn't, not if you can lie worth a shit

the key to lying is to never tell the truth at all. always tell a narrative, and always keep it consistent - never trip up. that way nobody has a baseline for what truth coming from you sounds like and you never get caught lying either. I will lie to people about the most mundane and irrelevant of things, because the way I talk is by constructing a world and then describing it.
>>
>>6768288
most people are nobodies, and the children of nobodies, don't kid yourself, no matter how you set up society most people cannot get past the limitations of their own social mileu.
>>
>>6768305
>a cog
Go ahead, fag out and make it all about you.
Enjoy your turbo-africa.
>>
>>6768268
>farmer
Christianity is a religion by slaves, for slaves
>>
>>6768298
das rite. you are needed so mr shekelburgstein can chill with his loli harem at the pool all day without needing to work a day in his life.
>>
>>6768027
Its a test
>>
>>6768324
>mr. Shekelstein and the Loli harem
Top kek. Are you implying I dont own my own land and home and a harem of my own?
>>
>>6768305
>this is your mind on modernity
what if I told you these moral systems that we still rely on as backbone to public morality, even in this extremely late hour, are basically still just re-fashioned Christianity. it's not so bad to be a cog when the alternative is shivering alone in the woods because everyone hates you
>>
>>6768334
ur posting on 4chan so obviously u dont
>>
>>6768340
>alone in the woods
Breh, they live in turbo-africa. Every man for himself. Butt rape and AIDS cock addiction abound
>>
>>6768027
If I can humbly offer my thoughts. Humble people can succeed. The main difference between pride and humility is what you think constitutes success. If you're basically happy with yourself as you are, where you are, then you're most likely better off than someone who thinks they ought to have, be and do a lot more than is realistic, which can only be frustrating

Yeah some prideful people succeed and even excel, but far and away most people who have high opinions of themselves are totally deluded, require constant validation, and drag down everybody around them with their histrionics and chest-pounding

picture in your mind a person who thinks they're hot shit. The first thing that comes to mind is probably an asshole who is pretty much alone in thinking he's hot shit. Wouldn't you rather people thought more highly of you than you do, than think less of you than you do?
>>
>>6768323
I can get behind that. Slaves who also farm
>>
>>6768319

>some people who are born into rich and powerful families can make it all about them
>No, you can't do the same though
>>
File: 1531245914601.jpg (45 KB, 600x803)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>6768345
>only the poor post on 4chinz
Top kek. You truly dont know how this works do you?
>>
File: nightcrawler.jpg (25 KB, 600x300)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
I'm going to get called a tankie for this but...sociopaths with the dark triad thrive under capitalism
>>
File: 1543337939934.png (226 KB, 511x474)
226 KB
226 KB PNG
>>6768380
Top kek. Why is it that people in shit situations always vote to get wealthy people to help them out all the while swearing everyone is in the same shit situation their in?
If you live in the western world and make minimum wage youre literally part of the global 1%
>>
>Plebs define success as social dominance over other plebs
>Plebs on average can never improve their lot because everyone defines success as social dominance

Learn to appreciate being part of something bigger than you, like the Church or your nation. Materialism is depressing and leads to nothing but death.
>>
>>6768027
>>6768288
You're just making excuses for your failures.

In school almost everyone was a hyperactive little shit and I'm pretty sure it was the same for you. If they were brainwashed to be humble "sheeple" it didn't work since they were running around screaming and being cunts all day. All over the media edgy characters challenge authority. Even centuries ago in China you had characters like Zhang Fei straight up calling lords a bunch of hacks.

Maybe it is different in the deep south or something, I don't know.
>>
>>6768391
I too larp somedays
>>
>>6768428
Thank you
These faggots believe everyone is somehow entitled to an insulated home, refrigeration and automatic transportation.
>>
>>6768437
Its LARP, fag.
>>
>>6768442
its ur mom on my dick, incel
>>
>>6768453
My jizz is on your mothers face, you raging cock addict
>>
Its another layer to get through to ensure that only the absolute psychos ever reach the top.
>>
>>6768027
>Why is humbleness encouraged in us since childhood when it's the not humble people who succeed in life?
three words: Big Dick Energy.

Real gangsta ass niggas don't flex nuts because real gangsta ass niggas know they got them
>>
File: Nietzsche1882.jpg (362 KB, 1274x1700)
362 KB
362 KB JPG
>>6768027
Because we still function on the memory and fundamentals of a purely christian society, which was defined by an ideology that shifts the end-goal of life to a post-mortem afterlife (If you work hard in life and adhere to moral systems you will go to heaven), which simply came into existence because poor peasants needed a way to feel good about their life of constant work in opposition to the rich nobility who enjoyed the fruits of the peasants labor, so they comforted themselves with the idea that they are going to come out on top by going to heaven while the nobles will go to hell.
A system born out of slave morality cannot be healthy. A system that forces you to be selfless through arbitrary moral systems cannot be healthy. Take the Nietzschepill anon.
>>
>>6768777
>Take the Nietzschepill anon.
Starters?
>>
>>6768819
don't take morality seriously,but take your morality seriously
>>
First time I stumble across this board and I don't even know what it is, but it already seems so full of shit.
Being humble works if you're strong. If you're being put down you're not being humble, you're a pushover. You have a moral duty to be strong. Once strong, and even before it really, being humble, which mean being able to see the flaws in what you are, will enable you to become stronger iteratively.
Whats the opposite ? Being arrogant. It can make you superficially attractive, but it will makes you stagnant as a person. It can work if you go the psychopath route and move every time that the mask of your arrogance start to crumble (i.e. people start to realise you're not as competent as you think). It can also work if you go the thug route (i.e. useless scums of societies that relies on the rules of the jungle instead of the rules of the land). You really want to go down these routes though ? Up to you.
>>
>>6768316
I feel sorry for you
>>
>>6768944
Quick rundown on this board for you, there's like one or two demoralization shills that will try to "debunk" anything you say and call you names, it's a nice board, just filled with these subhumans shitting all over it, if you don't like history this board is not for you, and even if you do this board might not be for you.
>>
>>6768027
humble =/= submissive

What does this have to do with /his/? Can you summer pol fags leave already?
>>
>>6768944
>You have a moral duty to be strong.
That only works if everyone else shares that moral duty and delivers, otherwise it will look like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK0KL6PevxA
>>
>>6768989
>it's a nice board
This board sometimes feels just like the worst parts of /int/, /lit/, and /pol/ all mixed in together. The '& humanities' part of the title doesn't help.
>>
>>6769026
I'm affraid you might be 100% correct, civil /pol/ poster, I don't shit up the board though
>>
>>6769044
>civil /pol/ poster
Eww, I don't like /pol/. How dare you.
>I don't shit up the board though
Thank you if you're making a genuine effort to improve the board.
>>
>>6768027
Are you European? Everything set up in the United States is based on competition.
>>
>>6769050
I try, thank you too.
>>
>>6768027
>there are people itt who don't understand that humility and ambition are not mutually exclusive

Pride is antithetical to humility. Pride is an attitude that causes you to overestimate your worth. Ambition is the desire to increase your worth.
>>
>>6768944
Every single board on 4chan has autists, incels, malcontents, and polemicists shitting up the place with their bullshit. 4chan has always been a place where you have to go prospecting in the shit river to find the nuggets of gold. Don't let one thread (that was clearly made by some angry young man who thinks he has the world figured out) color your opinion of /his/.

When you accept the fact that this board is a place where idiots swagger in thinking they have the world figured out because they've been browsing /pol/ 8 hours a day for the past 6 months only to have their shit pushed in by people who read books, you'll come to appreciate it
>>
File: Oy vey toast.jpg (197 KB, 933x1024)
197 KB
197 KB JPG
>>6768316
Shut the fuck up, you sound like a literal Kike.
>>
Civilization is a pact made by betas. Under anarchy, everyone would try to be chad; however, most people aren't capable of competing so being humble and knowing your place gets a better survival rate.
>>
>>6768316
>denial over the fact that all of his family knows hes a lost cause
I bet the person that you lie to the most is yourself
>>
>>6768027
>>6768038
My mother told me good, my mother told me strong
She said, "Be true to yourself and you can't go wrong
But there's just one thing that you must understand
You can fool with your brother
But don't mess with a missionary man
>>
I don't know man, my richest friend is the most humble person I know. Sometimes it doesn't work like that.
>>
>>6768414
do they not under any other system then anon? the soviet upper echelons were all backstabbing corrupt burecrats so were the natzis inner circle of drugged up sociopaths who were put in those positions on purpose because of their ruthlessness. It's a simple fact that any system these people find a way to fuck everybody over on their way to the top.
>>
>>6768819
I don't really know, but i've heard that you should start with Twilight of the Idols and Beyond Good and Evil to get a grasp on his writing style, then maybe the Dawn of Day if you want some ramblings, then do The Gay Science and the Anti-Christ. Then just do whatever and become the √úbermensch in real life.
>>
>>6768819
>>6772791
The Gay Science is widely considered to be an excellent primer for Nietzsche, owing to its aphoristic writing style

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.