[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

>Be Britain
>Bastion of reason and empiricism
>Cradle of the modern scientific method
>Home to world-changing thinkers like Newton and Darwin, alongside countless inventors and innovators
>Take seriously the question of individual liberty, debate it over the centuries and codify it in various forms
>Have a rich and complex intellectual heritage which is somehow both subversive yet respects law and tradition
>Sail around the world spreading common law, trial by jury, parliamentary democracy, and so on
>Begin the industrial revolution which creates the modern world as we know it
>Give birth to what have become some of the most free, powerful, and prosperous countries in history
>Dominate global trade for over a century despite being a single, reasonably small island
>Stand up to the Nazis when everywhere else had fallen, take a pounding, and then emerge victorious with the help of loyal allies
>Contribute disproportionately to global popular culture in music and film and so on
>Go on 4chan
>Get repeatedly mocked, belittled, called 'subhuman', 'filth', and 'scum', and so on

Can someone convince me that this isn't just pure ressentiment?

They did some bad things but are these not atoned by their contributions to civilization?

(Or is it all just mad bants?)
>>
I personally don't see Britain any better than any other European power but that is just me.
>>
>imagine being butthurt about people making fun of your stupid island and hypocritical history that you make a thread about it
>>
>>6623006
You aren't doing us any favours here mate.
>>6623091
We aren't European
>>6623109
>stupid island and hypocritical history
Where are you from?
>>
File: google.jpg (49 KB, 576x498)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>6623133
You are European.
>>
>>6623006
As an American, I am disgusted that you bongs haven't murdered the Tyrant in her bed yet. I don't hate you guys, but I strongly suspect we will have to go to war with you eventually, and I look forward to that day with anticipation. Hopefully Canada doesn't side with you. It would suck to murder our brothers like that.

Good job on Brexit though, y'all have some backbone.
>>
>>6623133
>Where are you from?
Doesn’t matter where I’m from because everybody in the developed world is sick of your delusion of grandeur. People think you are polite, but in reality you are the same level of obnoxious as Americans but you are often too socially inept to show it
>>
Burn English children
>>
>>6623178
>I am disgusted that you bongs haven't murdered the Tyrant in her bed yet.
>killing your biggest tourist attraction

>Good job on Brexit though, y'all have some backbone.
>isolating yourself economically and politically from your closest allies so you can get exploited by China and the US
>>
>>6623190
Quite literally untrue. Having been to quite a few corners of the "developed" world and the less developed I've had nothing but the warmest welcome and love. You're a very salty individual and that makes me sad. Have you ever left your country? Is your country not very good? Have you ever met someone from the UK? I want to understand why someone thinks so ill of a country and it's people.
>>
>>6623229
Nigga I was literally on every corner of the UK, I talked with students and Professors from Oxford and Cambridge, Chavs, Scots and Welsh.
I see that you try to patronize me with “open your mind” but fact is, I was in a lot of places on this earth and brits are not too high on the list of pleasant people
>>
I am unapologetically the biggest Anglophile ever tbqh, I hope other nations are proud of their history to the point that it hurts.
>>
File: 1552352933109.png (504 KB, 1033x1015)
504 KB
504 KB PNG
>>6623006
>Be Britain
>Constantly wage war against the rest of Europe
>Commit the most genocides of any nation excluding Vietnam
>Invent concentration camps and use them to exterminate 28,000 Christian women and children in the 20th century
>Betray all allies on numerous occasions, typically for profit
>Be entirely hypocritical, pompous and supremacist
>Get on 4chan
>Be entirely hypocritical, pompous and supremacist
It's gotten to the point where seeing pictures of and reading about your soldiers dying in gruesome and cruel ways throughout history is cathartic to me.
What Imperial Japan did to British POWs was merciful in contrast to the Boer concentration camps.
>>
>>6623190
Comparing the English to Americans is such a massive insult to Americans.
>>
>>6623268
I'm sorry you've had bad experiences with some of us.
>>
>>6623178
As a Canadian, our government will stick with the US. But I know a lot of people in the military who hang pictures of the queen in their house...Canada would implode if the state's and England went to war. Our military anyway.
>>
File: brit19.jpg (204 KB, 1000x1000)
204 KB
204 KB JPG
imagine being a non-brit lol
>>
>>6623006
When a country gets constant hate threads you know it has interesting history like you dont see Mexico hate threads or Albanian hate threads etc.
Also a lot of 4chan users are American & there has always been banter in the anglosphere
also
>giving this much of a fuck about what people think of you
>>
>>6623425
>there has always been banter in the anglosphere
but burgers can't banter.
>>
>>6623415
>You will never be a bucktoothed, inbred, pasty faggot with a tiny dick who worships some saggy old German cunt and gets assraped by Pakis everyday.

Feels pretty good tbqh
>>
>>6623178
other american here, Whats wrong with the queen? She seems chill.
>>
>>6623300
Thank you for your reply. So your answer is no, the reality of aspects of British policy in the past means that they are not absolved by their contributions to the world. Ok. Still detect a hint of ressentiment desu famalam. But fair enough either way.
>>
>>6623427
banter? I hardly knew her!

t. burger
>>
>>6623551
Just don't call me Shirley.

t. leaf
>>
>>6623427
In my experience bongs have by far the worst "banter" in the anglosphere while aussies have the best.
>>
>>6623561
>while aussies have the best.
repeating the same shit over and over isn't banter.
>>
>>6623516
WAAAH FUCKIN YUROOOS AREEENT WHIIITEEEEE

*gets raped by jamal and hernandez*
>>
>>6623006
Newton was great, Darwin was great, you are a faggot, dont expect praise for other peoples work
>>
Anglo-America will always make the continentals and niggers seethe.
>>
>>6623178
>but I strongly suspect we will have to go to war with you eventually
Uh... why?
>>
>>6623178
>Good job on Brexit though
yeah they completely humiliated themselves and destroyed their economy, just like Trump is doing to Murika, at least you have something in common
>>
>>6623300
Boer concentration camps were not extermination camps, you daft cunt
>>
>>6623415
im fine with it desu
>>
>>6623606
That's what the bongs do though. They repeat stale memes over and over and when you tell them to fuck off they just say "CUNT HANDUL DA BANTUH M8???!!!!!"
>>
>>6623676
>checks if economy is growing

Yup
>>
>>6623427
Anglosphere banter is lame.
>>
>>6623680
to be honest they were just an inch away form being one.
>>
>>6623006
Your society worships this degenerate.

Worthless pirates, monkey fuckers who invented evolution to justify their sick fetish.
>>
File: LizzieVanZyl.jpg (1.81 MB, 2412x1644)
1.81 MB
1.81 MB JPG
>>6623680
>Burn the homes and farms of women and children to ash
>Herd them all into Hell camps with no protection from the South African heat
>Cut the rations of women and children whose husbands and fathers are still fighting for their country, resulting in cases like pic related
>28,000 dead in 2 years
>Reminder this was all so the British government could steal the gold and diamonds from the land and stop their illegal immigrants from being treated like illegal immigrants
>THIS WASN'T EXTERMINATION BECAUSE THE BRITISH GOVERNMENT DENIED IT BEING SO AND THE BRITISH GOVERNMENT NEVER LIES!!!1!!1!
>THE BOERS SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN BOERS AND SHOULD HAVE ACKNOWLEDGED OUR SUPERIORITY AS A RACE AND GRANTED US INHERENT CITIZENSHIP TO THEIR REPUBLICS!!111!11!!
>HEIL THE QUEEN!
This is why you are hated.
>>
>>6623178
Stupidest post of the day.
>>
>>6624457
The Boers deserved worse desu
>>
>>6624484
>THE BOERS SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN BOERS AND SHOULD HAVE ACKNOWLEDGED OUR SUPERIORITY AS A RACE AND GRANTED US INHERENT CITIZENSHIP TO THEIR REPUBLICS!!111!11!!
>HEIL THE QUEEN!
And I am proven right.
>>
>>6623680
Britain was ran by kikes
>>
>>6623006
I'm not an Anglophile but its hard to think of a more important nation in the modern world, save the United States(a British offshoot). From 1600 to the present and especially 1800 the U.K has been center stage and I think more for good than bad. Having Brunnel, Newton, Turing, Darwin on your resume is impressive enough, but so much of what we take for granted as political and social freedom is derived from British thought(Magna Carta, Glorious Revolution, Parliament, Abolition). Throw in the music, movies, and art and yeah its hard not to be somewhat jealous. I do think a lot of the resentment is jealousy.
>>
>>6624505
So are most countries.
>>
>>6623229
I'm from the UK and a lot of people hate Brits abroad, ok let's be clear they hate the English abroad.

You are probably an exception, but most Brits are ignorant, loud mouthed and always whining.
>>
>>6623427
Anglos are the most insecure people on earth they claim everything is banter but can never handle it.
>>
>>6624506
>Throw in the music, movies, and art
No throw most of that out. Brits are garbage at most anything that requires aesthetics.
>>
>>6623133
Of course you're European. You aren't continental European.
>>
>>6623300
Also add the retarded partitioning of Middle East and Indian Subcontinent
>>
>>6623268
Oh is it so wrong to be proud of your country and want to express that pride, I think it's well deserved. Why are you so salty though, like nigga just don't come here. If you're being "bullied" online do you refuse to close the application and just stick with it or something? In my own experience continentals are theeeeee most arrogant people on earth, those big nosed French you look down on us and those BEAUTIFUL Germans/Dutch/Scandinavians who think so highly of themselves I guarantee they jack off looking in the mirror. But it's all different depending on the eye of the beholder, if you don't know that already you should be talking to school teachers rather than professors.
>>
>>6623300
I know Vietnam beat you in the war but do you really have to be that buthurt?
>>
>>6623561
>aussies have the best.
Meme
>>
>>6624940
Clearly this shows how much of an imbecile you are
>>
>>6623006
It's a mixture of banter and an inferiority complex. Our historical legacy is this most superior in the world. Amerimutts even communicate with a bastardised form of our language.
>>
no
>>
>>6623006
Bongs are filthy inbreed backstabbers who was sofocussed on muh status que that destroyed Europe twice wich LED muhhamed rape their wives in their homeland. Fucking cucks
>>
>>6623006
It's mainly asshurt oirish Americans from the seems of it, though it basically stems down to heavily autistic morons letting history that they have no real relation to or impact on upset them way more than it should
>>
>>6626737
Nah I'm correct.
No great painters/artists
No great composers
Most cities are ugly as sin
Middling film output compared to lots of other countries
Literature is overrated as fuck with Shakespeare and Dickens being the only real greats
>>
>>6623300
>Use concentration camps to exterminate people
Actual retard has no idea what he is talking about
>>
>>6627816
See >>6624457
>>
>>6627829
So are you saying that 28,000 murdered Boers invalidates the list given in the OP? This justifes bong hatred? Would you throw all that stuff away to save those Boers? Answer the question.
>>
>>6628059
The invention of the concentration camp is one of many things that invalid OP's list. I gave several others in mine.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.