[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: IMG_1652.jpg (570 KB, 1176x1337)
570 KB
570 KB JPG
Why didn't they just pay the fucking tribute?
>>
File: 1549567218626.png (170 KB, 500x522)
170 KB
170 KB PNG
>>6263953
They was down to slap
>>
Maybe because since the west had dealt with steppe niggers before (the Huns), the Mongols would be no different.
>>
>>6263953
Depends on what the tribute was.

Mongols forced Korea to pay a heavy tribute in virgin Korean girls and Korean boy eunuchs, gold, gyrfalcons and other valuables during the entire Yuan dynasty and Goryeo because Mongols through Korean women were the most beautiful women and gave out Korean women to their soldiers, officials and followers as rewards.
>>
>>6264109
would what? I don't understand nigger memes.
>>
>>6263953
Because they weren’t cucks.
>>
File: IMG_1804.jpg (167 KB, 466x640)
167 KB
167 KB JPG
>>6264477
I mean the Huns BTFO'd them just as bad, just like the avars, cumans, magyars etc.

When will Slavoids learn?
>>
>>6264487
>hes tryng to play off his inability to understand the way modern young people interact as him being better than them
basementfags are truly astounding
>>
>>6264477
Mongols barely touched the West compared to what they were doing in the Middle East, Russia, China, and India.
>>
>>6264988
Difference was the Huns were stopped at one point, so they figured they could try their luck stopping the Mongols since the West's technology had improved since 451 AD
>>
>>6265203
Well sure, but not because they stopped them, but since the Great Khan would keep dying and thus the campaigns would go on hiatus
>>
>>6265219
>this excuse
The time it would have taken to send that message was measured in weeks and the steppeniggers always got btfo by western armies
>>
>>6265223
>the steppeniggers always got btfo by western armies
post victory sources before the year 1270 please
>>
>>6265226
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Grobnik_Field
they also lost in bohemia, and it's common knowledge the austrians curb stomped them as soon as they entered their borders
the heavy knights used by western europe did much better against mongols than the lighter armored knights of the east
>>
>>6265293
>There seems to be no certain evidence of the battle uncovered on the battlefield. Many scholars and historians have long doubted and still are arguing if the battle ever took place. Most of them acknowledge that battle didn't occur at all.[1]

But i'll take your word for the other stuff, point made (although more sources just for my enjoyment would be nice).
>>
>>6265315
the straight wiki sources on these battles is scarce but the wikipage on the mongol invasion of europe links back to books
Even in battles lost in e.europe western knights serving as mercs walked away while everyone else gets killed by mongols
the prevalence of heavy armor, crossbows, castles and scorched earth tactics made invasion into the west an impossibility for a non traditional army
>>
>>6263953
>*sigh*
>Therr must be more to rife dan dis
>>
>>6265360
>where rife is, I must lape
>>
>>6265360
>when she keeps sucking
>>
>>6265370
>mongol rape lead to Hapas like Lenin genociding 7 million more russians

Slavs truly btfo at every turn.
>>
>>6265187
Not that guy but seriously dude, it doesn't even make sense. Wishing a nigga would what?
Don't worry bro I don't think I'm better than you before you fly off the handle again.
>>
>>6263953
Why not?
>>
>>6263953
Too expensive.
>>
>>6263953
The mongol Who kill the Viking Rus always remimd me of Freeza vs The Sayans. Moral of the story there’s always gonna bee a bigger fish
>>
>>6265187
>pretending niggerspeak is how every young person communicates
>>
>>6265581
>she
>>
>>6264485
What a bunch of idiots korean girls are plastic
>>
>>6266180
I though the moral of that story was: Beware the manlet.
>>
>>6264485
>>
>>6266180
Who?
>>
>>6265592
You can imply the meaning. It's nig speak. Don't overthink it.
>>
>>6263953
Death or Dishonor?
These weird looking horse nomads from the other side of the planet suddenly show up at your door and demand you kneel. The Russians took their chances, since they were used to dealing with Cumans/Pechenegs, why would Mongols be any different? or so they thought
>>
>>6265216
Europe got invaded like 20 times between Huns and Mongols. Didnt you see his reply. Avars, Magyar, Cumans all cut through Europe like a hot knife through butter
>>
>>6265293
That battle is a meme, it never happened lol. Just another autistic Balkan patriotic cope.
>>
>>6265360
Mongolian accents aren't like Nips. It's much more rough, it sounds a lot like.... Russian.
>>
>>6269243
If they were cutting through it like butter, why did they never invade the green lands of France and central Europe? Attilla invaded Gaul but got BTFO by Aetius
>>
>>6266877
Thats a Mongol noblewoman. Not Korean
>>
>>6265360
>you know I really need to put my foot down and tell Toregene that her mother needs to get her own yurt.
>>
>>6269262
Attila's center of power was in eastern Europe while the Mongols was in Mongolia/Northern China.
>>
>>6263953
They didn't feel like it.
>>
>>6264485
>beautiful korean girls
I didn't knew cosmetic surgery was a thing back then, the koreans must have invented it too.
>>
>>6266180
Thanks Qi Gon.
>>
>>6269243
You'd think they'd learn how to deal with mounted archers after all these times, but there you go.
>>
They did eventually, but they had no reason to suspect that the Mongols would be as competent as they were. Previous steppe invasions like the Huns, Avars, Magyars, and Cumans had successful raids and battles, but they also lost many battles or failed to capitalize on successes. The Huns were defeated in gaul, and Attila died prematurely in pannonia, the Magyars were defeated by Otto l and christianized and settled. The Avars were defeated by the Frankish empire and actually allowed their Slavic subjects to populate the entire Balkans. The Cumans raided the Kievan Rus, but they lost at least half as many battles as they won. These steppe nomads were successful for a time, but it was nothing compared to the success of the Mongols, and the other steppe nomads hadn't shown the same willingness to slaughter civilians as the Mongols did.
>>
>>6269262
Why are you coping so hard? Bulgars and Magyars literally raped and slaughtered countless Italian/French cities and towns. Avars conquered Austria and Bohemia then held it for some 300 years until finally Charlemagne put an end to them raping Germans so hard. Back to /pol retard, whites arent invincible lol
>>
>>6266756
No doubt about that
>>
>>6265187
>that millennial boomer who thinks he's still 'the youth'
>>
>>6269268
I know, however, based on the way she looks I'm beting she has Chinese or even Korean admixture if she isn't a royal wife sent by the Chinese to the mongols to establish diplomacy. Source my asshole, but here is a proper Mongol royal waifu, notice the difference.
>>
>>6271605
Han Chinese never sent wives to Mongol royals. Only Koreans and Manchus sent wives to Mongols royalty.
>>
>>6271691
I don't know the specifics, I'm going by the little I've read about Chinese diplomacy I've read on Yuezhi Wussun Wikipedia pages.
>>
>>6265187
its a really gay way of talking and people who do it tend to be poisoned by soul eating irony or extremely inarticulate and compensating for how low intelligence they would come off if they had to use normative speech patterns
>>
>>6271752
seething
>>
>>6271752
>kids these days need to use proper english, you'll never get ahead in life unless you start looking people in the eye,giving them a firm handshake, and not speaking like those scary black people
>>
>>6266877
10/10 would call an angel and complain about how much I hate sand
>>
>>6271733
Wusun were not Mongols and Yuezhi didn't receive princesses.
>>
>>6271733
>>6273538
And the Yuezhi were not Mongols either.
>>
File: krs[1].jpg (184 KB, 1440x1080)
184 KB
184 KB JPG
>>6273538
>>6273542
I know this for a fact, you don't like how I act
You claim I'm sellin' crack
But you be doin' that
I'd rather say "see ya"
Cause I would never be ya
Be a officer? You wicked overseer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZrAYxWPN6c
>>
>>6271857
Why would you want to talk like black people you fucking cuck? God, you don't even realize how hard you're projecting when you say scary Black people.

Literally the only reason you talk Black is because they scare you, and you think emulating them makes up for your lack of masculinity in all other attributes.
>>
>>6264485
>>6266756
>>6270129
Korean women were said by Yuan dynasty writers to have light skin like snow.
>>
File: seanigga.jpg (203 KB, 1200x691)
203 KB
203 KB JPG
>>6263953
huh tributes? No such a thing
>>
>>6264485
>Korean young Eunuch?

Why?
>>
>>6265216
>stoppped
Not really. And only all the way in the middle of France and thanks to overwhelming odds, betrayals of Germans to Roman side.
>>
Friendly reminder that only muslims managed to defeat mongols in open battle
>>
>>6264477
>implying China hadn't dealt with steppe nomads before
>>
>>6271605
I've been to Mongolia. Theres ugly and good looking people, just like any other country. I can recall 3 girls who look like the first pic.
>>
>>6276979
Yeah only after Mongols killed 20 million of them. Congratz that Turkic Mameluks defeated other horse nomads
>>
>>6264485
>that retarded chinese aspie who tries to deflect from the fact that mongols raped chinese women by bringing up falsehoods about what happened in korea
mongols couldn't do shit to korea. korea even managed to hold off mongol invasion far longer than china could and even remained autonomous with its own rulership instead of it being replaced
>>
>>6279114
Kingdom of Dali and Qocho retatined their own leadership in the Mongol empire. The Mongols forced Korea to pay Korean women like Empress Gi as tribute to the Mongols. It's even in Goryeosa (History of Goryeo), a Korean source. They raped Korean women. Song China held off for decades until 1279.
>>
>>6279114

Empire's Twilight: Northeast Asia Under the Mongols, p. 52-53

>Late in the thirteenth century, Qubilai and other Mongol aristocrats began to demand women from elite Koryo families as wives and consorts. Despite initial efforts to avoid these demands, the Korean government eventually responded by establishing government bureaus to organize and control the flow of Koryo women to the Mongol empire.

>What had begun as the seizure of women as war booty evolved into a complex system of formal tribute between the ruling houses of Koryo and the Mongol Empire. Yuan envoys regularly traveled to Koryo to secure women on behalf of the emperor, who often redistributed them as gifts to leading ministers. Yuan envoys and Yuan officials stationed in Koryo also requested Koryo brides for themselves.

>The number of Koryo women in Daidu increased steadily over the late thirteenth and first half of the fourteenth centuries. Nearly 1,500 Koryo tribute women are noted in official Yuan and Koryo court annals. The actual number of women was certainly much higher since elite Koryo women nearly always traveled with their own maids and servants. Lesser-known women were not deemed sufficienty significant to merit mention in official records. Many Koreans married their womenfolk to members of the Yuan elite as a way to secure official posts and advance family interests.

>Mongolian, Muslim, and Uyghur elites appreciated Koryo beauties, and the acquisition of Korean concubines became something of a fad. As one fourteenth-century Chinese observer familiar with the court in Daidu observed:
>>
>>6279114
>>6280382

>Among prominent officials and influential people in the capital city, acquisition of a Koryo woman has become de rigueur for one to be considered a leading light. The Koryo women are amiable and yielding; they excel in serving [their lords] to such a degree that they often win [his] favor [away from other women]. Since the Zhizheng reign period, most of the palace stewards and attendants in the imperial palace are Koryo women. For this reason, everywhere clothes, shoes, hats, and utensils all follow the Korean style.

181. For examples of Korean wives and consorts of high-ranking Mongol and Chinese officials, see Kim Sang-gi, Sinp'yon Koryo sidaesa, p. 575. extensive discussion, see Xi Lei, Yuandai Gaoli gongnü zhidu yanjiu, pp. 136-58. For intermarriage between semuren men (including those of Turkic, Uyghur, and Indian descent) and Korean women, see Ma Juan, "Yuandai semu Gaoli tonghun juli."
>>
>>6279114

Korean sources like Goryeosa 高麗史 and Dongguk Tonggam 東國通鑑 mentioned the Mongols distributing Korean women as wives to their underlings, Kuiblai Khan gave the daughter of Korean official Chae Ingyu first to a Tibetan named Sangha and then to a Muslim Abu Ali from southern India.

Kublai Khan was at the beginning of the Yuan dynasty and he handed out Korean women to that Indian Muslim exile 孛哈里. Kublai gave Korean women to Southern Song defectors at the beginning of the Yuan.

Also from Empire's Twilight: Northeast Asia Under the Mongols, p. 52

>The first waves of Koryo women into the Mongol empire arrived as captives seized during the bloody fighting of the mid-thirteenth century. These women were variously used as slaves, married to recently surrendered Southern Song soldiers, or distributed as war booty to Mongol warriors.

Marriage as Political Strategy and Cultural Expression: Mongolian Royal Marriages from World Empire to Yuan Dynasty, p. 194

>It is true that in the Yuan dynasty, Korean women were famed for their gentleness and loveliness, and many officials took Korean women as wives, concubines, ormaidservants, and it is also true that the Yuan court also issued many imperial edicts tot he Koryŏ court, ordering them to present young women to the Yuan imperial court. Many Korean officials also presented women to the Yuan of their own accord. This traffic in women happened every year according to the Korean history Yu Kye.

>54 "[Korea] did this (presenting virgins and eunuchs to the Yuan court) every year either in response to an imperial decree or on a voluntary basis." See Yu Kye (1607-1664): Yosa chegang
>>
>>6279114
Korean Buddhist Nuns and Laywomen: Hidden Histories, Enduring Vitality, p. 9

>Chapter 4, another chapter on Koryŏ women, titled “Koryŏ Ladies and the Encouragement of Buddhism in Yuan China,” discusses a different group of Koryŏ women—expatriates in thirteenth-century Yuan China. The conclusion of hostilities with the Mongols in 1259 and the foundation of the Yuan dynasty brought many changes to the Koryŏ political and societal landscape for the next one hundred years. The conditions of peace were harsh.Among other concessions, Koryŏ had to pay tribute to the Yuan court in the form of young women. These court ladies often became wives and concubines of high Yuan court officials and Mongol princes.

Eurasian Influences on Yuan China, p. 210

>The Koreans reciprocated by dispatching young virgins to the Khan's harems. The Ming, for a time, continued the latter practice, accepting Korean women as concubines and apparently requesting eunuchs from Korea.

The Exploitation of the Landscape of Central and Inner Asia: Past, Present and Future : Papers Presented at the Central and Inner Asia Seminar, University of Toronto, May 15-16, 2007, p. 108

>a say in the political affairs of the Mongol Empire. The Yuan court continuously took women from Korea, and many Korean officials also presented women to the Yuan officials on their own initiative for political gains, so a large number of Korean women became prominent in the Yuan court. Korean women were famed for their excellent service skills, thus many Mongol officials took Korean women as wives, concubines, or maidservants.45 Therefore, the total number of Korean women in Yuan China would be very large.
>>
>>6279114

These are all from Korean, Yuan and western sources.

>3. "由于双方往来特别密切,这就给文化传播创造了有利条件,元朝末年,“高丽女婉媚善事人,至则多多宠,自至正以来,宫中给事使令,大半为高丽女,故四方衣冠靴帽大抵皆依高丽矣”。不仅高丽服装流行,高丽语也开始流行,以致“女儿未始会穿针,将去高丽学语音,教得新藩鹧鸪曲,一声准拟值千金”。(本文主要内容引自《北京地方志·人民生活志》)
"During the end of the Yuan Dynasty, both royalty and nobles liked Korean women
Because Korean women were popular because they were soft and good people"
So, looking around, there were a lot of Korean women and wore Korean shoes, clothes, and hats"

채송년' s daughter married a Tibetan named 桑哥 and a Muslim from India named 孛哈里. This Hui Muslim wrote an article on Korean women marrying Central Asian Muslim and non-Muslim men. The Yuan had four armies, a Mongol army, the Central Asian Tammachi army, the northern Chinese Han army, and the southern Chinese newly submitted (xinfu) army. Central Asian Muslim men married Korean women.

http://www.cnki.com.cn.dincheng.cn/Article/CJFDTOTAL-LXSK200205016.htm

Another article

http://web.archive.org/web/20060601041528/http://www.eurasianhistory.com/data/articles/b01/42.html

This is what the Yuan people said about Korean women

>京师达官贵人必得高丽女然后为名家
>>
>>6279114
>>6280142

And the Mongols offered the same vassalage deal to every country if they surrendered. The Idiqut Kingdom of Qocho surrendered immediately to the Mongols and became their mostly highly ranked automous vassal. The Kingdom of Dali in Yunnan province, ruled by the Han Chinese Duan kings surrendered and defected and became an autonomous vassal kingdom inside the Yuan dynasty. The Mongols offered the same deal to the Tanguts in the Western Xia and even the Jin after harshly punishing the Jin. The Tanguts in Western Xia at first agreed to become autonomous vassals and then reneged on the deal, double crossing the Mongols. Genghis Khan then destroyed the Tangut Western Xia kingdom forever. The Jin dynasty attempted to evade Mongol surveillance by transferring their capital from Zhongdu to Kaifeng after agreeing to be an automous vassal, causing a furious Genghis Khan to order the Jin to be destroyed.

The Mongols offered the same deal to the Han Chinese Southern Song dynasty to become an autonomous vassal kingdom. The Southern Song dynasty refused and the ministers ordered it's people to fight to the end. It took the Yuan dynasty from 1235–79 to end the Southern Song dynasty. And when the third last Southern Song Emperor Gong surrendered the capital Hangzhou, Kublai Khan married him off into the Mongol royal family.

The Mongols told the Korean King that he was ranked lowest of all his autonomous internal vassals, far below the highly ranked Idiqut Kingdom of Qocho. The Mongol Yuan only demanded Korea provide Korean virgin girls to become concubines like Empress Gi and Korean boys to become eunuchs like Pak Bulhwa. The Mongols did not demand this of any of it's other internalt automous vassals or subjects, Qocho did not provide virgins and eunuchs, the Kingdom of Dali did not provide virgins and eunuchs, and the Mongols banned Han Chinese women from entering the Yuan harem while Korean women like Empress Gi were taken into the Yuan harem.
>>
>>6280574

The Mongol elite and Muslim elite in Yuan China in Beijing and all over northern China all had Korean concubines, wives and maidservants in their households.

The Mongols in other parts of the Mongol Empire offered the same autonomous vassalage deal to the Armenian Kingdom of Cilicia, Kingdom of Georgia and the Seljuqs after defeating the Seljuqs in battle. Only Koreans thing they have special treatment when they were ranked as the lowest autonomous vassal and forced to provide virgins and eunuchs to the Mongols.
>>
>>6280142
>>6280382
>>6280384
>>6280446
>>6280519
>>6280524
>>6280574
>>6280585
>chinese history revisionism
no amount of historical revisionism and lies is going to change the fact that china was conquered by mongols and china's dynastic rulership was replaced by mongolians. korea still had its korean king while china's emperor and entire rulership was replaced by a mongol khans
>>
>>6281110
Except the Han Chinese Duan Kings were kept on their throne in the Kingdom of Dali in Yunnan, showing you can't read. The Southern Song rejected a Mongol offer to do the same for them.
>>
>>6281110

>chinese history revisionism

Lmfao, it was Koreans on /his/ who were boasting about Korean women sent as concubines to the Mongols Yuan Beijing as proof Korean culture was superior to Han Chinese since Korean female hanbok and clothing was popular among the upper class in the Yuan dynasty. They cited historic records about Korean women in the Yuan and how they spread Korean female fashions in China.

https://desuarchive.org/his/thread/6039301/#q6040948

https://desuarchive.org/his/thread/5708422/#q5708443

https://desuarchive.org/his/thread/6039301/#q6040591

https://desuarchive.org/his/thread/5692526/#q5692873

The Mongols taking Korean girls and eunuchs appears right in Korea's own historical records and the Yuan. In Korea's Goryosa and Dongguk Tonggam both of which were written by Koreans in Joseon.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goryeosa

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dongguk_Tonggam

https://www.jstor.org/stable/41649921?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents
>>
>>6281110

The Kingdom of Dali in Yunnan, founded by the Han Chinese Duan family from Wuwei in Gansu, allowed to retain their rulership, autonomy and Kingdom under the Mongol Yuan dynasty after King Duan Xingzhi defected to the Mongols. The Duan Kings lasted until the Ming dynasty defeated the Kingdom of Dali and deported the last King Duan Gong and his sons to Nanjing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dali_Kingdom

The original post wasn't even about this, but about Korea paying Korean girls and Korean boy eunuchs as tribute to the Mongols which they did and which is documented in Korean, Yuan and western sources.

The Mongol Yuan Emperor Biligtü Khan Ayushiridara was the son of a Korean woman, Empress Gi and Mongol Yuan Emperor Toghon Temür. Her Korean eunuch Bak Bulhwa helped her attain power.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empress_Gi

None of the Yuan Emperors or high ranking noble Mongols of the Yuan had a single Han Chinese concubine named as their wives, their concubines are all listed as Mongols, Turkic and Korean in the historic records of Yuan and Korea. Find just one.
>>
cope ITT
>>
cope and denial of what Korea's own sources and histories say about the tribute of Korean girls and eunuchs
>>
>>6276108
based
>>
>>6275016
projection: the post
>>
>>6263953
Why?
>>
>>6263953
They didn't want to.
>>
>>6265216
>jumping straight from Huns to Mongols
Hello Amerifat education.
>>
>>6287209
The Mutt doesnt even consider that Hun and Mongol armies were vastly different in composition. Hun army was 90% Germanic infantry and a small core of actual Hunnic horsemen. Mongol armies were 90% Mongol horsemen, at least in the beginning
>>
>>6287670
Mongols used Kipchak Turk horsemen against Europe due to lack of Mongols.
>>
File: vince and mel.png (371 KB, 700x518)
371 KB
371 KB PNG
what is the steppe nomads obsession with europe?
>>
>>6265589
keep moving your shit into my territory and ill make sure the dormitory is the one that rapes you before purgatory the mighty sets in

fuck my torys

red coat piece of shit
>>
>>6287670
See >>6288532
And not only in Europe. When it started moving West, Mongol armies were mostly made up of Turks. Its leaders were Mongols, though.
>>
>>6269254
yes , same thing there was another battle happened in grobnik, which they supposedly defeated the ottomans, lmao fragility is high
>>
Why do anti white leftists insist that non-American history is relevant
>>
>>6288555
Not europe , more was china. Steppe niggers always invade or try to get those tasty chink pussies
>>
>>6288555
europe isn't really exceptional in terms of gettting STEPPED
>>
>>6288657
Not China, the Middle East was invaded much more than China. There were at least five different waves of Turk steppe nomads continously invading the Middle East and they transformed the entire Anatolia into Turk land and left millions of Turkmen in Iraq and Syria.
>>
>>6288657
>>6288662
Hungary was invaded by multiple waves, Huns, Avars and Magyars. Balkans invaded by Bulgar Turks, Mongols, Turks. Cumans and Pechenegs invaded both. Bulgars even invaded Italy. Magyars invaded and sacked all over Europe. Alans invaded as far as Portugal.
>>
>>6287670
Mongol armies in northern China were over 50% Chinese infantry and in southern China were over 90% Chinese infantry. The same went for virtually every nomad army.
>>
>>6289929
Not really
The Mongols literally recalled everyone from the Middle East, Europe & India back to crush the Chinese.
90+% Mongol forces were swallowed up in total war in China. Even the Khan (Mongke) at the time died while besieging a notorious Chinese fort.
Mongols had to use every trick in the book and endure horrendous casualties in a grindfest to break Chinese forts and field armies.
The war lasted 40+ fucking years and was relentless.

During those forty years, the battles and skirmishes were never-ending. Heroes and soldiers died on both sides, along with untold millions.
The Mongols even had to go around the entire overland border of Song China, conquering Jin, Goryeo Korea, Tibet and Dali just to surround Song and attack from all directions.
Even then, the battles were bitter and Pyrrhic at best and the Mongols were pushed well beyond their limit by the entrenched Chinese forces and early gunpowder weapons.
They even made the battles that the Mongols fought in Europe, the Middle East and India look like a cakewalk.

And it would have ended in a stalemate had the main Chinese riverfleet commander not gone complete turncoat and gave control of the rivers to the Mongols.
In fact, the war was so long that the entire Song imperial court went bankrupt, just financing it.
>>
test
>>
>>6290003
Cont.
The war was horrifying and bitter to the Mongols.
Grindfest it was over the fortified Chinese cities and bastions while the Mongols swarmed the countryside
The counterweight trebuchet was introduced and the whole conflict became something that looked like the siege of Gondor,
except on a massive front with multiple cities cut off and under siege.

Thundercrash and incendiary bombs launched at defender and attacker alike.
Screaming heavy infantry men crashing against each other.
Mongol bowmen firing volley after volley while Song Crossbowmen returned fire.
The losses were immense but the prize was equally great.
And it was in this, the bloodiest war that Mankind had yet witnessed that the first true gun/cannon was born.
But it was too late to turn the tide.
>>
>>6290003
>>6290054
Mongol army in northern China was still over 50% Chinese infantry and officers and the Mongol Yuan army in southern China was still over 90% Chinese infantry and officers.

After the Song commander of besieged Xiangyang surrendered and defected, it was agreed to by the Mongols that the Song commander would be made governor of Xiangyang and everything would continue as normal despite the previous grinding years long siege. The city was not sacked. The same happened for most other cities in southern China including the capital Hangzhou.
>>
>>6290003
Can you read? The post was about all steppe nomad invasions and Turks were obsessed with invading and conquering the Middle East for at least 1,400 years, not China. The Turks failed against the Sassanian Persians but the Turks won against the Arabs 1,000 years ago and it's been nonstop Turk invasion and conquest since then.

>>6288555
>what is the steppe nomads obsession with europe?

If you meant to reply to this >>6289961

The reason the war for other regions were short is because the Mongols conquered the other regions like Khwarezm and Abbasid Iraq far more easily and walked all over them to Turks already ruling the Middle East. And they kept Mongols in the Ilkhanate and Golden Horde to administer them plus the Mongols sent Chinese defector officers and troops to fight in Central Asia against Khwarezm and in the Middle East against Alamut and Baghdad, and Khwarezm was before all of northern China fell.
>>
>>6290054
The Mongols banned Chinese women from entering the Mongol Yuan imperial harem while they demanded Korea pay them tribute in Korean women and the Mongol Emperor had Korean women in his harem as did all the other Mongol elites in northern China. One Yuan Emperor was born to a Korean woman, Empress Gi while you can't find any Chinese women among the wives and concubines of the Mongol Yuan Emperors. Name just one. The Mongols even handed out Korean women to Chinese defectors from the Southern Song. They invaded Korea for the pussy. Bringing down the Southern Song was about prestige to them, not pussy.

Koreans were bragging about how Korean women were popular among the Mongols in China as wives and concubines >>6281284 which spread Korean women's clothes and fashion in China as the elite clothing while Chinese women's clothes and fashion were seen as low class and crude.
>>
>>6266648
Kill yourself
>>
>>6275016
Imagine feeling threatened by memespeak
>>
>>6290054
And all of this so some fat mongol can mismanage the land.

Mongols were subhumans. Wars for conquest are subhuman tier
>>
>>6289940
ALans even go to North Africa with vandals
>>
>>6288657
Steppe nomads were extremely obsessed with Europe. Crimean Tatar and Nogai steppe nomads raided Europe for centuries to harvest pussies either for themselves or to sell to the Ottomans from the 13th to 18th centuries. Some estimates say the Crimean Tatars and Nogais took millions of European slaves.
>>
>>6288657
>>6297268

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tatar_slave_raids_in_East_Slavic_lands

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimean_Khanate#Slave_trade

https://www.academia.edu/2971600/Slave_Trade_in_the_Early_Modern_Crimea_From_the_Perspective_of_Christian_Muslim_and_Jewish_Sources

https://web.archive.org/web/20130605131551/http://www.econ.hit-u.ac.jp/~areastd/mediterranean/mw/pdf/18/10.pdf
>>
>>6288657
>>6297268
>>6297289
The steppe nomadic Kazakh Khanate participated as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kazakh_Khanate#Kazakh_Khanate_slave_trade_on_Russian_settlement
>>
>>6297289
Those are all slavs, stupid.
>>
>>6297300
Eastern Europe is geographically Europe. If you thought that post was meant as an insult you're stupid. It's pointing out steppe nomads were obsessed with attacking the continent of Europe for the same reasons they would anywhere.
>>
>>6297359
White slaves were more prized than others after all. They netted a higher price on the slave market for Turkish and Arab buyers. Some of the mothers of Ottoman Sultans were Polish girls taken in raids by Mongol-Tatars
>>
Test
>>
>>6264988
is that supposed to be a hun? Arent there skulls supposed to be longer?
>>
>>6271893
kek
>>
>>6270134

Well how would you deal with them? The Mongol's strength was not only mounted archers on the battlefield, but the mobility of their army who could indefinetely harrass and bleed out settled societies.
>>
>>6271605
as you know our blockade is perfectly legal

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.