[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/his/ - History & Humanities


Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.



File: Sen.jpg (15 KB, 189x267)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
*Serious thread*
Why are African myth/hero stories so underwhelming and lackluster? Did oral tradition on the continent limit story detail/complexity?
>>
>>6133298
>Did oral tradition on the continent limit story detail/complexity?
Yes
>>
>>6133298
Is it actually simple compared to the myths of other preliterate peoples in the Pacific or the Americas? Or have you pulled this out of your ass?
>>
>>6133298
>Did oral tradition on the continent limit story detail/complexity?
The Illiad was also oral tradition until someone wrote it down.

Probably couldn't remember stories in that much detail due to their inferior intellectual capacities.
>>
>>6133312
Like clockwork
>>
>>6133305
>compared to the myths of other preliterate peoples in the Pacific or the Americas?

Didn't have those people in mind when I created this thread. Maybe someone more knowledgeable on the subject can answer that.
>>
>>6133312

Serious thread please.
Fuck off with this bullshit.
>>
>>6133321
That post is serious

If you think evolution stopped at the head you are delusional
>>
>>6133298
>Why are African myth/hero stories so underwhelming and lackluster?
How so?
>>
>>6133312
>I don't know a single thing about oral traditions or the cultures they were used in
Clearly
>>
>>6133334

There are resources on the internet on African mythologies. Yoruba, Akan and so on. Read them yourself, and you'll see what I mean. They are incredibly basic and uninspired.

Maybe I'm just not looking in the right places. But I was told Yoruba myth was a good starting point.
>>
File: Yoruba_divination_board.jpg (272 KB, 853x1280)
272 KB
272 KB JPG
>>6133298
This seems pretty damn developed and complex to me:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoruba_religion

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odinani

/pol/ pls go
>>
>>6133372
I wouldn't call OP /pol/. He approached the topic pretty maturely.
Fascinating article btw, you can almost see some parallels with Buddhism in the Yoruba religion.
>>
>>6133379

Any mythical monsters/creatures in Yoruba culture?
>>
>>6133381
its thinly-veiled polb8.
>>
>>6133398
We're not allowed to talk about Africa at all?
>>
>>6133403

Not a lot is known about African myths/folklore.
A lot of information is however available on African Civs. There's a difference.
>>
>>6133403
Only if you say good things.
>>
African mythologies are very rich. You’re too lazy to look for anything.
>>
>>6133451

There's plenty out there but that's not the issue.
>>
>>6133325
Nice special specific kind of """evolution""" there buddy
>>
Why is everyone ignoring Egypt? It literally gave birth to pretty much every native religion in the region, Europeans copied it for their own pantheons
>>
>>6133359
How are they uninspired?
>>
>>6133561
Human genetics changed rapidly in the past 10,000 years
>>
>>6133397
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:West_African_legendary_creatures

http://fantasy-faction.com/2016/the-creatures-in-the-shadows-west-africa
>>
>>6133572

Dunno If i'd call them uninspired. Maybe simple?
>>
>>6133587
1. Complexity isn’t good, and minimalism isn’t bad

2. Who defines complexity?
>>
>>6133359
They have an gender shifting ocean god who has mud fish for legs while male on land and a mudfish tail while female in the ocean
>>
>>6133334
I think the most interesting are the yoruba. The rest the majority is evil witch/invisible spirit nª1200, with some times getting a goblin or a monster. Its pretty sparse.
>>
>>6133587
How is it simple did you at all study these mythologies? Like the yoruba for example they have a story on why individuality exist that sums how they view free will and conflict
>>
>>6133619
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:West_African_legendary_creatures

http://fantasy-faction.com/2016/the-creatures-in-the-shadows-west-africa
>>
>>6133619
How many pantheons have a gender changing mudfish mermaid?>>6133618
>>
>>6133627

This is what I read 'yoruba-legends by Ogumefu'.
>>
>>6133619
It’s nobody's job to spoonfeed your laziness.
>>
>>6133643
That’s just one form Lord Olokun takes. He’s only androgynous in New World traditions where they blended him with the BaKongo/Mbundu sea goddess Kalunga.
>>
File: Huh.png (303 KB, 582x582)
303 KB
303 KB PNG
>>6133618

Woah..

Anyone got any detailed sources on Yoruba gods? And no I don't mean wikipedia.
>>
>>6133653

Info on African folklore is incredibly limited.

Unless you go to some remote Nigerian village, you're not gonna learn a whole lot about Yoruba mythology.
>>
>>6133660
https://www.encyclopedia.com/history/news-wires-white-papers-and-books/deities-yoruba-and-fon-religions
>>
>>6133673
There’s many books on the topic
>>
It always trips me out to remember how big africa is. Yorubaland alone is the size of England.
>>
>>6133703
>we will never live in the timeline where europeans didn't fuck up africa
>>
>>6133712

If Euros didn't colonize whole place then the east Africans and Sahelians would. But I guess that's better.
>>
>>6133728
>If Euros didn't colonize whole place then the east Africans and Sahelians would.
Unprovable nonsense.
>>
>>6133733
Abysinnia had imperialist aims, and the 20th Century Somalis were only stopped from expanding into Tanzania by the British. I can't speak for the Sahelians but it's fair to say that those East African countries would be fucking colossal today had the Europeans not gotten involved
>>
>>6133745
It's not fair to make blind assumptions like that at all, actually.
>>
>>6133745
Northeast Africans would have had all their cavalry die after crossing the tsetse line. If Europeans never arrived West Africans would have conquered mosf of the landmass.
>>
>>6133755
It isn't, but I don't think it's the craziest prediction in the world. You have one of the most homogenous ethnic groups on the continent that control the most land of any ethnic group, and who handle and ride horses (something most African ethnic groups don't do). Also Abysinnia would probably have expanded east into Sudan. From the very start the Axumite emperors had clear goals of expanding their empires
>>
>>6133762
This is a good point actually. Completely forgot about tsetse flies
>>
>>6133780
>Ethiopia
>Expanding east
>Into the Sudan

Today I learned Sudan is in the ocean
>>
File: 1534900892348s.jpg (2 KB, 125x125)
2 KB
2 KB JPG
>>6133762
>West Africans would have conquered mosf of the landmass.

I can't believe there are people out their that actually think like this. Anon, west Africans don't stand a chance against Abyssinians and Somalis. They'll just end up being colonies.
>>
>>6133798
I meant West
>>
>>6133819
Sahelian armies were better equipped & trainee than Horn armies. And fighting in the rainforest kingdoms would have pure suicide. Even the Maasai warriors of the Great Rift terrorized the Cushitic tribes.
>>
>>6133846

Are they actually better trained and equipped? Do you have prove?
>>
File: CuV2SpdVMAIiOZH.jpg (84 KB, 568x735)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
Some monster myths

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grootslang

https://abookofcreatures.com/2016/03/18/usilosimapundu/

https://abookofcreatures.com/category/sub-saharan-africa/

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kishi_(folklore)
>>
>>6133712
>fuck up
It would be wilderness without the white man, and thats a good thing because the thought of black savages using technology pisses me off.
>>
>>6133882
>Central bumfuck Congo Rainforest is the whole of Africa
Nice
>>
>>6133298
The stories are simple just like their inventors.
>>
>>6133882

Not all of Africa is the Congo, retard.
>>
>>6133762
The Arma people says otherwise, they destroyed the Songhai and nested in Timbuktu being petty lords.
>>
Lots of myths and traditions of European and Asian cultures have been continually embellished, expanded upon and adapted by popular culture. That is to say, they have been made palatable to modern tastes. If, say, Norse mythology hadn't been made cool by media, a lot of those stories would probably seem pretty fucking stupid...which is why they aren't much used in the movies.

>Oh shit, a guy got his arm bit by a fucking wolf. Incredible. Call Lionsgate Studios!
>>
>>6133889
Lol where are all the ancient cities in Apefrica? Oh wait only in the east how sad.
>>
>>6133982
Timbuktu?
Benin?
Great Zimbabwe?
Kumasi?
>>
>>6133904
But all of Congo is in Africa
>>
>>6133987
Thats it? What a joke.
>>
>>6133998
I listed a few. Another is the ancient Nok civilisation. You can actually use Google and do some research. I'm not here to spoonfeed you.
Also why are you saying "except the East"? First it was "except North Africa" with you people and now Eastern Africa suddenly isn't a part of the continent?
>>
>>6133969

Which African myths do you think has potential for media (movies/games)?
>>
File: Swa.jpg (102 KB, 680x984)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>>6134005
>and now Eastern Africa suddenly isn't a part of the continent?

It's pretty damn funny isn't it?

*Pic is an east African sultan/king*
inb4 he was some how white/Arab.
>>
>>6133762
And then they would have got swiftly BTFOd by Europeans
African armies were subpar regardless
>>
>>6133987
>Timbuktu?
sand castle city
>Benin?
mud and wood city
>Great Zimbabwe?
crudely stacked rocks city
>Kumasi?
as Benin
>>
>>6134218
You do realise I can also make anything sound primitive and simple as fuck by reducing them to one or two words like that, right? Also architecture is developed based on the materials available. Which is why in Eastern and North Africa you see stone and mortar buildings rather than ADOBE (not sand) like in West Africa. You have no real knowledge of architecture, it seems. You just want to shitpost
>>
>>6134218

What do you have against west African in particular? They didn't have the materials unlike the Swahilis, Somalis and Ethiopians.

Just fuck off.
>>
>>6134233
>You do realise I can also make anything sound primitive and simple as fuck by reducing them to one or two words like that, right?
I don't have to "make" anyhting sound primitive, they were fairly primitive as a matter of fact.

> Also architecture is developed based on the materials available
So nothing better than mud and wood all around western, central and southern africa? it would seem there were rocks, but they did little more than crudely stacking them anyway (talking about zimbabwe)
>>
>>6133819
West Africans are bulls. Cushitic peoples are skinny weaklings. theyd get wrecked
>>
>>6134285
What makes a rock better than an adobe and wattle fired brick?

The latter takes more effort
>>
>>6134301
west africans are insecure manlets jelly of Cushitic BULLS
>>
>>6134285
to the anon who doubted this thread was polb8....here come the cavalry
>>
>>6134308
Inherently more solidity and lasting longer, but besides one can just look not only at the material itself but they way it was used, and draw the conclusion that the techniques and results used were fairly primitive and couldn't stack up to others outside Africa
>>
>>6134333
Could you perhaps be more specific? In what way?
>>
>>6133745
you are underestimating that fucking distance. there is no way ethiopians are getting to west africa.
>>
>>6134005
The amerikangs are from west africa thats why we dont even use east african history to bash them because its not accurate.
>>
>>6134348
Compare Great Zimbabwe to e.g. Su Nuraxi
Both stone structures, but one is a large enclosure while the latter is a conglomerate of towers with internal vaults, chambers, multiple floors, tholoi, covered passages,etc., and it predates the other by 2-3 thousand years
>>
File: BARUMINI_COMPLETO.jpg (223 KB, 967x684)
223 KB
223 KB JPG
>>6134387
forgot pic
>>
>>6134006
I have no idea, I know nothing about them. Because they really haven't been popularized, and I didn't grow up with it. I'm just trying to provide some perspective on popular mythology, not really trying to make a case for African folklore. Personally, I'm more interested in New World folklores getting more daylight, but that's largely just because I live here.
>>
File: Bull.jpg (341 KB, 1080x1920)
341 KB
341 KB JPG
>>6134301
>West Africans are bulls.

When will this meme end.
>>
>>6134535
What the fuck that is the most beautiful black man I have ever seen in my life
>>
>>6133298
Why does any mention of africa cause so much asshurt?
>>
>>6134535

Am I the only one that thinks this dude looks Nigerian (Yoruba to be exact)?
>>
>>6133298
>a thread about mythology devolves into a /pol/ chimpout over adobe architecture
>>
>>6134649
No he really doesn't
>>
>>6134006
Yoruba do west africa in general
>>
>>6134655
They're obessed with blacks
>>
>>6133882
>Not wanting to roam the wilderness with your niggas and your cattle
>>
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grootslang

https://abookofcreatures.com/2016/03/18/usilosimapundu/

https://abookofcreatures.com/category/sub-saharan-africa/

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kishi_(folklore)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asanbosam
>>
>>6134333
Mud brick is just as hard as stone.
>>
>>6134677
Ah what the fuck is that?
>>
>>6134726
Depends on the stone type as well I guess, but generally is harder
>>
>>6134739
Ghanaian vampires another kind is one that turns into fireflys and spreads malaria
>>
>>6134677
>The sorceress-princess Umkxakaza-wakogingqwayo (“Rattler of weapons of the place of the rolling of the slain”)

Alright, I guess afrolore is pretty fucking cool after all
>>
>>6134823
That's so fucking cool what the hell
We need movies based on West African mythology NOW
>>
>>6134886
do they remember the full names or just go by surnames?
>>
File: grootslang-300x270.jpg (17 KB, 300x270)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>6134889
The zulu have mythology of this giant living moutian range. Theres this creature called a grootslang a dragon like monster that hords jewels in caves said to so strong cunning and fearsome the gods seperated it into elephants and Pythons

https://abookofcreatures.com/2016/03/18/usilosimapundu/

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grootslang
>>
>>6134823
Haha no. You’re mixing up like 2 mythical beings from Ghana and Togo.

Sasanbosam isn’t a vampire. He’s the old akan god of evil, witchcraft, darkness, fear, and the lonely areas of the jungle. His wife is Sramantin. She doesn’t hurt people but she’s still pretty creepy. Every tribe had their own version of him. Wherever you find red earth that’s where he’s gorged on his victims before.

The Adze is a Ewe spirit obviously born out of fear of malaria and SIDS.
>>
>>6134986
Oh fuck. I forgot to mention.

His biggest role was being the God of earthquakes.
>>
>>6134992
In the legends he tried to devour a young pregnant girl who was lost in the jungle. But in her terror she gave birth to a baby boy who grew into a big strong warrior in seconds and defended his mother in a big nasty fight that tore down the forest. He and Sasanbosam wrestled then threw giant trees and boulders at each other while breathing fire.
>>
File: CuV2SpdVMAIiOZH (1)~2.jpg (101 KB, 568x735)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
>>6134969
Kishi are from angolan mythology they are demons who take the form of an handsome young man who seduces women after he's earned their love he reveals the hyena's mouth and Fangs and on the bach of his head and eats them
>>
File: Obata.jpg (68 KB, 474x632)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
We seriously need African myth stories in media.
It's crazy that we haven't got anything so far. I'm sick and tired of slavery and racism as subject matter in movies and tv shows.
>>
>>6135014
Looks like a certian yokai if there are any weebs out their
>>
>>6135023
Did he get drunk so his brother finnished his job and took over as king of ife?
>>
>>6134969
>>6134986
>>6134992
>>6135014
Thank you anon, these are fascinating. Really interesting to see the commonalities in the stories we humans come up with.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1549974400552.jpg (53 KB, 720x890)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>6133312
Based
>>
>>6135023
This.
Africa has much more to offer than fucking slavery. I get that it's the origin of African Americans as a group but jesus stop looking at it from the Western lens and make some shit out of the myriad creation stories, monsters and gods the continent has. There's so much shit.
>>
File: 056-futakuchionna.jpg (212 KB, 600x784)
212 KB
212 KB JPG
>>6135014
>>
>>6135014
Makishi belong to the class of demons found all over sub-saharan africa. One German Africanist called them “Spukdamoinen” or something like that. “Spooky demons”.

Sometimes they’re handsome young men with leopard/hyena jaws on the backs of their heads. Sometimes they’re big ugly horned ape-like jungle beasts. Other times they’re big amorphous blobs that just eat everything in their paths. Then there’s the weird ones like crawling humans with an entire thicket growing out of their bodies. Other times they’re chimeras with the teeth of a dog, body of a hippo, tail of an eagle, and neck/head of a fire breathing serpent. Another variety are flesh eating men split in half. There’s flesh eating dwarfs with grass instead of hair too. And another common demon is the tall emaciated type with dreadlocks and a long sharp claw on each hand, which he/she uses to stab humans in the base of the skull and enslave before eating them.
>>
File: Huhi.jpg (99 KB, 980x552)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
>>6135031

Definitely.
>>
All across Africa there’s a belief you find in a race of people who live on top of the clouds. They’re capable of flight and enjoy raiding human farms to steal bananas. But they’re also very wise if mischievous. Sometimes a princess from these people falls to earth and marries a kindhearted human farmer whose village demands she cut off her tail if she wants to live on earth.
>>
Do the yoruba have a concept of the after life or is it just contentious reincarnation?
>>
>>6133321
I generally despise people like him and ignore them. But he actually has a point.

Africans developed more physical capabilities than mental capabilities because of African environment.
That would fully explain why they had less of a ability/necessity to remember oral traditions fully.
>>
>>6135450
>I generally despise people like him and ignore them.

That's you, retard.
>>
>>6135450
>That would fully explain why they had less of a ability/necessity to remember oral traditions fully.


They had entire social occupations dedicated to this what are you talking about?

Stories like the epic of sundiata and Binda the Black snake from the well epic of miwindo are around because of this

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Griot
>>
>>6135461
?
Why would a hunter gatherer society have a purpose in remembering oral traditions fully?

The Illiad was remember because Greece was already somewhat well settled and well into the farming age.
But because of environmental limitations in Africa, particularly in Sub-Saharan Africa, this was just impossible so people had to move frequently.

After around ~1000 this is no longer the case however, maybe earlier. I don't know specifically when.
>>
>>6135471
Oh, maybe i'm just stupid
>>
>>6135471
>epic of miwindo

This one's kind of lame. I'll check the other ones.
>>
File: 1548813155010.jpg (31 KB, 598x597)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>6135474
>hunter gatherer society

Yeah, you're just retarded.
>>
>>6135499
at least you got your reaction image being a scrawny faggot nerd right
>>
>>6134969

Creepy. Anyone got any sources for zulu mythology?
>>
>>6136188
https://abookofcreatures.com/category/sub-saharan-africa/
>>
>>6134969
Grootslang is Boer folklore and nobody seriously believed in it
>>
>>6136249
The origin is unclear. Some believe it's Dutch. Some believe it's a Nama tradition. Some believe it's a mishmash of both
>>
>>6136249
According to legend, the Grootslang is a primordial creature as old as the world itself. Tales state that gods (who were new to the crafting of things) made a terrible mistake in the Grootslang's creation, and gave it tremendous strength, cunning, and intellect. Realizing their mistake, the gods split the Grootslang into separate creatures and thus created the first elephants and the first snakes. But one of the original Grootslangs escaped, and from this first sire all other Grootslangs were born. It is claimed to devour elephants by luring them into its cave. The cave is known as the "Wonder Hole" or the "Bottomless Pit". Supposedly, it connects to the sea, which is 64 kilometres (40 mi) away. According to local legend, the cave is filled with diamonds.[4] The Grootslang is also said to live in warm rivers and lakes.[5]

In Benin, it is said to be a huge elephant-like creature with a serpent's tail. Also according to the tale, Grootslangs covet gems, particularly diamonds, and despite the creatures' lust for cruelty, victims can often bargain for their freedom by offering a Grootslang enough precious gems. While searching for treasure in the richtersveld of South Africa in 1917, English businessman Peter Grayson disappeared after members of his party were attacked and injured by lions, prompting legends that the Grootslang had killed him thereof.[6]
>>
>>6133411
This. Bur that's pretty easy considering they only did good things.
>>
>>6133712
Fuck up as in give a chance to join the modern world and nearly doubling life expectancy? Yeah, I'd also prefer that world.
>>
>>6136249
Its not considering the myth originates in benin
>>
>>6133312
/thread
>>
>>6133969
this
>>
File: wbi4its18va11 (1).png (212 KB, 2139x997)
212 KB
212 KB PNG
>>
>>6133609
Let's defend something I know nothing about so i DoNt FeEl RaCiSt. The stories are uninspired like Europe's. Or else we'd all know them. That's how that works
>>
>>6138234
So a giant elephant python dragon that was considered to op for mortals that the gods seperated most of them only for a few to escape and hide out in caves hord jewels devouring entire rivers hippos and elephants? Or how about vampires who morph in fire flys have iron fangs hang from trees
>>
>>6138308
Considering the basic nature of the logic he's using and his complete lack of comprehension of things like cultural exposure, he probably will ignore what you said and double down on his point.
The anons in the thread posted some cool as fuck shit that he's just ignoring.
>>
File: usilosimapundu.jpg (77 KB, 692x475)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>6138314
>>6138308
They have an ocean god with mudfish for legs demons who carry magic carpets that will follow you around reeeeeeeeeing till you die if you steal it Zulu Have These giant Vampire Birds who dring human blood and summon thunder they have this titanic beast who pretends to be a mountain range and kidnaps people in Ethiopia they have Werehyenas people with an evil eye who can become hyena men dwarves who wrestle humans for fun Yoruba have these two entities and Emere a young woman with the power to reincarnate themselves going between the spirit world and Earth and Abikus Demons who intentionally are born to women and die young just to torment humans spirits who live in cooking pots that steal food so children can starve
>>
>>6133298
I'm not an expert, but I would guess it's because niggers are fucking stupid.
>>
>>6134535
is the most flat girl i ever seen
>>
File: superthumb.jpg (6 KB, 300x250)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>6138135
based af
>>
>>6138435
That’s no girl.
>>
>>6138445
>doubt.png
>>
File: 1549401060416.gif (2.49 MB, 480x480)
2.49 MB
2.49 MB GIF
>>6138135
>worshipped by Catholics

>has many Avatars Lord Hunamon and St barbara

Can someone explain
>>
>>6133298
>Did oral tradition on the continent limit story detail/complexity?
No but colonization did along with destroying it
>>
>>6134006
Anansi
>>
>>6134665
rent free amirite
>>
>>6138466
this but unironically
>>
>>6138365
>Abikus Demons who intentionally are born to women and die young just to torment humans

Thats fuck up
>>
>>6133298
Because Negroes are intellectually lackluster.
>>
> see discussion about african culture
> know nothing on the topic
>...
> must be because niggers are dumb!
Jesus Christ, the state of poltards. Can you get more NPC than this? You untermensch should be genocided, IQ war now!

>>6138460
>worshipped by Catholics
Religious syncretism, probably, just like it happened in Europe.
A lot of africans and afro-caribeans are catholic and see no issue worshipping their traditional gods/spirits on the side.
>>
>>6138626
But niggers are dumb! Are you going to deny this fact too? The average IQ of an Africa nigger is below 70. If that is not retarded I don't know what is.
And you know all this. You are a dishonest liar.
>>
>>6138486
Lol
>>
>>6138670
Gorillas have 70 IQ but can't even talk.
AI have an IQ of 120 and can't do simple tasks. I think something is wrong with your IQ tests
>>
>>6138135

Based Shango
>>
File: Blemmyae_0.jpg (97 KB, 610x571)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
150+ posts and no mention of werehyena blacksmith descendants of Tubal-Cain and the clergymen out of their mind on jimsonweed who try to stop them
>>
>>6139080
>werehyena blacksmith >>6138365
>>
>>6139092
basically Ethiopia is top tier Bible LARP, all books canon all race/class combos allowed no holds barred
>buries rival revolutionary faction alive
>>
>>6139155
They were among the earliest adopters of Christianity via a king and his greek slave
>>
>>6138365
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nommo
>>
>>6139169
Surprised this was never on ancient aliens
>>
>>6139177
literally a playable race in Master of Orion 3
>>
>>6138670
> But niggers are dumb! Are you going to deny this fact too?
> too
What other facts have I denied? Are you having another NPC reaction?

> The average IQ of
Methodology and ability of progressive matrice tests to show creativity aside, that's not relevant. Mythology and civilization in general is created by extraordinary individuals, not the average. The average african didn't create these concepts, just like the average european didn't create and run colonial empires or revolutionized technology.
And you didn't consider all this. You are a pavlovian dog.
>>
>>6139279
You can't use reason with these fucking retards.
It isn't about the truth with them; they just want to latch onto whatever legitimises their worldview in their eyes and makes them feel special when the truth of the matter is that they are nothing special and nothing about them being white makes them inherently better than anybody else. History, civilisations and nations are led by extraordinary people and the rest of us are simply led along for the ride.
>>
File: Or.jpg (103 KB, 1000x726)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
There's so much more information on Yoruba gods compared to everyone else. Is it becomes the religion is still practiced in Brazil?
>>
File: 1550045732749.jpg (68 KB, 683x607)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>6133298
Hebrew myths/ Judaism sucks primitive ass, genesis is a joke. Compare that to Gilgamesh, or the Greeks and epics like Oddyseus.
>>
>>6139369
Yoruba religion is fascinating.
And the answer to your second question is yes. They carried their religion to quite a lot of countries during the slave trade.
>>
>>6139465
That is anti-semitic hate speech, goy.
>>
>>6139369
Few reasons

>Conquered by Anglos who had the greatest prevalence of anthropologists and folklore enthusiasts
>Religion already spread across the sea to Cuba, Brazil, Dominican Republic, and other nations in recognizable form
>Advanced priestly class with 256 “canon” myths
>Yoruba culture placed less emphasis on “secret societies” which knew the true myths of a group, and thus weren’t shy/defensive about sharing their innermost beliefs with Europeans and other outsiders
>>
>>6139369
Yes. Brazil has quite the tradition in studying Yoruba mythology because of its association with our African heritage.
There has been a renaissance in recent years of afro beliefs in the country, partially based on the wider acceptance of the religion aside from syncretic traditions, mostly based around greater contact with Western Africa (mainly Angola and Nigeria) due to both areas’ economic and social liberalization.
If the thread waits up a bit, I’d expect some fellow monkeyanon to contribute with more exact references, but I unfortunately have very little experience with the subject. You see, I am no nigger
>>
>>6139544
Based monkey Brazillian
I've always been fascinated by Brazil. Super rich culture, good food, and one of the few countries on Earth that you can travel to and pass for a local in the vast majority of instances no matter what you look like
>>
>>6139544
Huemonkey here.
African religions here (candomble e quimbanda) are nigger black magic, animal sacrifice and voodoo basically. It is vomit inducing.
>>
>>6139623
This shit is also called macumba here.
>>
>>6139544
>>6139570

You only think brazilian niggers are fascinating because you don't live next to them.
>>
File: 1549117145358.gif (2.4 MB, 480x270)
2.4 MB
2.4 MB GIF
Nigger this, nigger that. Like, literally every time.
>>
>>6135208
Are they describing fucking sayyans niyguh ?
>>
>>6139636
The other anon is pretty clearly Brazillian.
Also racist people are bluepilled
>>
>>6139655
They really do sound a lot like Saiyans.
>>
>>6139623
Yoruba religion isn't Vodun you're just a retarded ape
>>
>>6139623
>>6139570
>>6139544
>leave to Apezilians to degrade the discussion
>>
>>6139688
Vai tomar no cu, filho da puta. é tudo a mesma coisa.
>>
>>6139369
They had diverse population of followers and a centralized sect of religious leaders kings had a direct tie to the gods they avoided Abrahamic influences
>>
>>6139709
Except its not all the same thing is Christianity Judaism and Islam the Same thing?
>>
Brazil is a shithole because of niggers
>>
>>6139715
Yes. It's all Abrahamic garbage.
>>
>>6133298
Like what for example?
>>
African mind is dull and indolent. Whatever energy it manages to muster during brief periods of excitement it depletes quickly due to its beast-like lack of inner restraint. This is reflected in their art and myth.
>>
>>6139709
>vas a tomar ???? hijo de puta. es todo la misma cosa
what is "no cu"?
>>
>>6139759
>>
>>6139799
look at his lips
>>
>>6139759
>>
File: IMG_1845-2.jpg (86 KB, 1200x734)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
>>6139806
>>
>>6139759
True.

>>6139814
>>6139799

Nigger garbage.

>>6139780
Vai tomar no cu means Fuck off in Portuguese.
>>
>>6139824
>Nigger garbage.
Instead of shitting up these threads could you make some actual contributions? If you feel like Africans have no history or culture, then there shouldn't be anything to discuss, right? You can just leave the thread.
>>
>>6139839
>If you feel like Africans have no history or culture,

They don't have. You are shitting the board with these WE WUZ KANGZ fake history threads.
>>
File: ife_head_grey_304x400.jpg (26 KB, 304x400)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>6139824
>>
>>6139851
Disgusting and repulsive.
>>
>>6139855
>>
>>6139688
Vodun is heavily influenced by the Yoruba religion.

The Yoruba, Edo, Gbe, and Borgu peoples form a distinctive cultural complex that’s not a 1-for-1 copy by much closer to each other than anyone outside.

Like the Nordic countries in Europe for example.
>>
>>6139876
Because the lived near each
>>
>>6133298
Even a thread about african mythology still causes asshurt
>>
>>6139890
Because it is literally a bloodbath, killing of animals and black magic.
>>
>>6139890
you mean african anything
>>
>>6139895
Not really. Its funny how people get so hysterical Over African religion and mythology.
>>
File: 1549168746541.png (88 KB, 500x500)
88 KB
88 KB PNG
>>6140258

Pretty much.
>>
>>6139716
It's a shithole due to its atrocious (white) upper class and the disposal of Pedro 2.
>>
File: 1533775498294.jpg (12 KB, 224x225)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>6140322
Falso. Negros têm QI baixo, são violentos e causam problemas em todos lugares do mundo.
>>
>>6140343
Onde que vocês acharam essas índias gostosas? Só vejo Índia que parece alcoólica
>>
>>6140343
Blacks have extremely little political power and jackshit representation in politics up until extremely recently (not even much).
>>
>>6140348
Aqui no Brasil está cheio.
>>
>>6140353
>Blacks have extremely little political power and jackshit representation in politics

Because they have low IQ
>>
>>6140394
You're not very bright either, are you?
>>
File: 1495140192975.gif (2.03 MB, 284x332)
2.03 MB
2.03 MB GIF
>>6140401
Ok, it is useless to discuss with people that openly deny Biology. Here, have an índia.
>>
>>6140348
Procure por índia ayara por exemplo
>>
>>6140411
Do you know how many threads I have participated in in the last 2 days arguing against the exact points you are making?
Here's one hypothetical for me to throw at you.
Why don't IQ scores rise in correlation with the proportion of European ancestry in African Americans?
>>
>>6140394

Black Brazilians are literally descended from slaves.
But yes of course, low IQ is the reason for the their lack of political power/representation.
>>
>>6140421
>Why don't IQ scores rise in correlation with the proportion of European ancestry in African Americans?

They rise. Both here and in the US. For example, the average IQ of African Americans is 85, a full SD above most African countries. Here in Brazil, mulattoes also perform better than blacks.
>>
File: 1549131848855.jpg (650 KB, 948x720)
650 KB
650 KB JPG
Brazilians are proof that a mixed race society would only make the racism problem worse.
>>
File: 1540160516644m.jpg (97 KB, 1024x1016)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>6140478
É verdade. A única coisa boa são as bundas;
>>
Bundas were the only good contribution of the niggers to the country.
>>
>>6140487
>>6140494

All you mixed-raced mongrels need be thrown into the fire.
>>
File: 1546305369731.jpg (79 KB, 596x619)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>6140505
I am a mongrel but at least I'm not a nigger.
>>
>>6139850
> decent discussion about little known mythology
> out of the blue, random poltards start NPCposting about muh average IQ
> complain about shitting the board

What absolutely vile,...NIGGER tier behaviour. Poltards are clearly not the same species as us, they lack any trace of intelligence.

Back to your shithole, chimp.
>>>/pol/
>>
>>6140513

What's the difference? Your blood is tainted.
>>
>>6140537
At least I am not full nigger. I thank God for that.
>>
>>6140537
>What's the difference?

There is a lot of difference. Niggerhood is a spectrum.
>>
>>6140537
So is every single white south African. Virtually all Boers share common descent from one Khoisan woman, and a few others. Jan Smuts and Paul Kruger were both descendants of Khois.
>>
File: 1507372710370.jpg (178 KB, 600x539)
178 KB
178 KB JPG
Is their anything more pathetic than a Brazilian?
"Nigger, nigger, nigger."

Jesus Christ.


You people were a mistake.
>>
>>6140578
Racist
>>
>>6133998
You should realize the population in Africa was much sparser and smaller than Europe's until 1950 which is when the population of Africa started to explode.
>>
>>6140551
This. Nigger is not a black-or-white (pun intended) category.
>>
>thread about mythology

>devolves in autistic Brazilian schreeching about iq
>>
Are all Brazilians like this?
>>
>>6140828
Yes.
>>
>>6140569
>So is every single white south African.

Depending on how early. The earlier your family came the higher chance of there bring non-European blood. Like among afrikaners genetically they came from a very, very small genetic pool.
>>
>>6140394
Yet in Barbados non blacks score obviously lower then blacks.
>>
>>6140445
It's 91 now
>>
>>6140987
Evidence?
>>
>>6140828
There's a reason we call them apes notice how that can't hold an intellectual discussion?
>>
>>6139895
Like every religion ever?
>>
>>6139895
>Because it is literally a bloodbath, killing of animals

Like Christianity islam hinduism basically most of the worlds religions?

>and black magic.
Magic isn't real what you call black magic is just ancestral worship movies aren't academic source materials
>>
>>6133571
>thread about the oral traditons of black africa
>HURR y u all ignore egypt??? they didnt have an oral tradition and they werent black!
>>
>>6142212
Actually they did many of their gods were passed on orally hense all the overlapping of responsibilities.



Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.