[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Is this a good consensus on /his/?
>>
>>6128192
For some here. /his/ is relatively diverse as far as opinions and engagment with learning actual history.
>>
>>6128192
>American centric
Worst thing in that desu.
Anyone one with any knowledge of history can tell you America doesn’t have one
>>
>>6128192
They forgot to add the people that say "[insert region or culture here] doesn't have history".
Like this dreg from /int/.
>>
I love Islam desu
>>
>>6128299
Which sect?
>>
>>6128303
Jafari Shia of course
>>
>>6128292
Definitely add as well as people who say "bugmen"
>>
>>6128309
>not being Ibadi
>>
>>6128192

>Taking care about only relevant /his/ made you bad at history
>>
>>6128192
I honestly get most of my history from forum discussions including in this place.
Also the biggest oversight in this would be insane WWII obsession
>>
>>6128330
>being ibadi
>using 4chan
i don't think such a thing exists
>>
>>6128192
Nothing wrong with the disdain for pisslam.
>>
>>6128192
It's good but I think people who find their way here generally read at least some history. This one might fit more to a history buff on /pol/, because /his/ also isn't that Eurocentric compared to the world at large - I've seen lots of stuff posted here regarding Mexico, the pre-Columbian moundbuilders, Southeast Asian culture, and Japanese architecture.
>>
>>6128263
You're a colossal retard. American history is the most interesting thing on the planet. It's the story of how the modern world was made.
>>
>>6128671
So it’s a dystopia origin story?
>>
>>6128678
Yes. If you don't like dystopian literature you're a faggot.
>>
>>6128192
>that military history image
pointing this out triggers the fuck out of /his/ for some reason
>>
but doesn't that apply to everything that anime nazis (and their allies) believe?
>>
>>6128192
military history is the single most boring and most technical part of history
i don't know how anybody can be interested in it
>>
>>6128730
Any country that has this in its history has interesting history tbf
>>
>>6128793
Nationalism and identity politics, it makes them feel good about themselves because someone they identify with kicked ass.
>>
File: 1549915308408.jpg (201 KB, 1200x777)
201 KB
201 KB JPG
>>6128192
I read some encyclopedias of european/world history and religion and feel like I have a better grasp than the tards on this site
>>
Not really, a large portion of his is retarded but very little of what is claimed on the post is actually true for the board.
>>
>>6128192
The absolute elitist faggotry of this thread tells me that you are just trying to cope with being a brainlet yourself, and that self satisfactory superiority on the internet is all you have going for you in your life.
>>
>>6128649
>>6128977
one thing I found that those who hate islam vehemently are people who never interract with muslims in first place. A rural white guy who never seen a muslim in idaho is far more hatefull towards islam than a britbong who at least saw some pakis down the kebabshop. and even he hates it with more passion than mena atheists.

I do think islam is sometimes is a scape goat to hate brown people. People who harbor those feelings always assumed im a muslim because I'm a sandnigger and their attitude changed nil when I told them I'm an atheist.

Though I don't see anything inherently wrong with that. You should have the righ to be a racist. I'm not the type who tries to expose those evil people, but at least be a bit honest.

One dutch I met told me he would hate me no matter what since I was brown. At least I admire the honesty in that
>>
>>6130041
>I do think islam is sometimes is a scape goat to hate brown people
No. We're all well aware that Islam has adherents from thousands of ethnicities, from Morocco to Arabia to Indonesia.
I hate Islam because it's a corrosive force, and founded by a great deceiver made for his own gain. Muslims are inherently a people without self-reflection. Those that do are so in spite of Islam. Christianity, Hinduism, Buddhism, and Confucianism inspire one to be pensive. Islam is a religion of flesh, and you can know that just from reading its texts and studying it. The afterlife, in Islam, is based purely on sensual items of mankind. Hell is described in physically horrible detail, Heaven is a place of great physically pleasing things.
The great Islamic philosophers and thinkers of the past, like Averroes and Avicenna, strained under the weight of Orthodox Islam. Frankly, from my reading of their faith, it's the backwater Muslims that have a good grasp on Islamic doctrine.
The great Islamic polymaths and philosophers and scientists would've been better served living under the Roman or Persian Empires than under the Caliphate.
>>
>>6130176
You’re the worst poster on this site.
>>
File: haplotypes.png (2.54 MB, 1903x1857)
2.54 MB
2.54 MB PNG
you're forgetting something
>>
>>6130041
Maybe those who hate Islam only because it's foreign never interacted with Muslims. There are those of us who know that most Muslims were born into their religion and didn't chose it, some are evil and aware of their religion's history, core tenants and commands while other Muslims are ignorant or in denial of what their religion entails and it's beliefs. We can distinguish between the evil Muslim who knows about sex slavery in his religion and wants to still practice it, the Muslim in denial and says they don't follow the Madhhabs properly or the Hadith properly and the Muslim who is unaware of it. We can distinguish between sects which reject the backwardness in their religion and sects that do not. Yes we have met Muslims and generally we will know which ones are liars and try to push their agenda and which ones are really trying to push peace in spite of what their religion commands. Some religious Muslims who try to limit the evil in their religion are better than atheist cultural Muslims like you who still shill for Islamism. I think you are on the liar spectrum.
>>
File: 1538161093322.jpg (312 KB, 1024x783)
312 KB
312 KB JPG
>>6130189
That's an honor, fellow profligate.
>>
>>6130176
Well what I did was generalization and I never blamed your speficially

But as a sandnigger myself people who start talking shit to me on islam still talk shit to me when I tell them that I'm an atheist, that my parents are also atheist and the only muslim in our family was my grandfather from my fathers side.

Kudos to you if you love the man and hate the idea, but that was not my experience per se. Again I don't find anything wrong with racism, I'm not a racist but I would argue for the right to be a racist.
My issue is that a lot of racism I encountered started off as ant islam rhetoric and kept going even after I told them I was not a muslim.

though as I said I never used the ''yer a racist card'' or threaten to call the police (as many sandniggers who usually behave obnoxiouslly and get rightfull have their asses kick do, knowing a racist accusation would probably put ones job in jeopardy)
In this way again, I find /pol/ more honest, they hate you for what you are and don't give a shit about whether you are a liberal,conservative, atheist, muslim. a brownie is a brownie to them, and there is some sort of cohesion in their ideology in this manner.

Please don't take these as a personal attack its just my anecdotal experience as a wandering sandnigger student around europe and us of a.
>>
>>6128671
>American history is the most interesting thing on the planet.
>american history is just the american government and society being grossly incompetent at every turn

bahahahahaha
>>
>>6130200
I talked a bit about my experiences here >>6130228
Where do you think I'm lying? Why would I lie about being an atheist in an anonymous area, if anything I would have lied about being an atheist in real life to avoid racism etc. but as I said personal hatred towards me didnt change too much. If people wanted to shit on me they did, regardless of whether they assumed I was a muslim or after I told them I was an atheist.
>>
>>6130200
>There are those of us who know that most Muslims were born into their religion and didn't chose it
Why should we judge a religion based on its constituents who follow it the least faithfully and truthfully, anyway?
Islam is a religion, not merely a conglomeration of people. Doesn't it show how bad Islam really is, when the excuses made for Muslims revolve around them being in denial of what their religion really is? We're not talking about a kindly old kebab shop owner who'd never lift a fist against a fellow man in his life, or some foreign exchange student, we're talking about what Islam is as a set of doctrines, and its founder. And guess what? By any of our diverse standards, Islam is backwards, evil, and ignorant. It is incompatible with us.
>>
Friendly reminder that there's nothing wrong with being eurocentric as long as you're aware of it
>>
>>6128330
Jafari allows you to jerk off though
>>
>>6130176
Based
>>
>>6128192
Fuck, that's me.
>>
>>6130228
>But as a sandnigger myself people who start talking shit to me on islam still talk shit to me when I tell them that I'm an atheist
Then you're about as Muslim as I am, though, and I think most people would comprehend that.
I respect the fact that some people are simply ignorant, don't know what a category error is, and don't know what Islam is. I guess I've frankly never met someone who simply hated darkies because their darkies.
In the US, we don't really have this issue, though, because our big brown population is the Mexicans. Not a lot of blacks and browns here are Muslim, but in Europe, a large proportion are.
>>
>>6130359
> I guess I've frankly never met someone who simply hated darkies because their darkies.
You do realise what website this is, right?
>>
>>6130384
Yeah, but this is 4chan. Racism pushes buttons of people 4chan users hate. It's contrarian, not arbitrary. Anti racism could never be popular here, even if it was counter culture, because it's so inherently non-contrarian.
>>
>>6130454
It used to be shitposting, but now it's genuine hatred for a certain group of posters.
>>
>>6130567
your mistake was ever believing the racism was ironic
>>
>>6128192
Boy the first time I stepped into a bookshop in the US I was surprised how apeshit they go over military history, truly the shit tier type of history books
>>
>>6128192
>Religious History

Study of mental illness surely goes to the medical field Op.
>>
>>6131060
Haplo autists and other annoying /his/ types seem very constrained to this board, but military armchair historians are real, and they're everywhere.
>if x nation in wwII adopted a different small arm they would have won...
>this general should have done THIS during the battle
>here's why 100 spartans would defeat 10,000 aztecs
>>
>>6128192
Not enough pictures of Stalin with the caption 'based'
>>
>>6130176
Here's the thing. I actually agree with about 90% of this post, but I'm going add another reason why Westerners hate Islam, that has nothing to do with doctrine or whatever.

A lot of Westerners feel threatened by Islam because they know Muslims have *true faith.* To your average Muslim, God is a certainty, God is good, and all they have to do to live a good life is follow God's commands. There's a legitimate sense in Muslim communities that God, as in actually God, is watching over and guiding them.

This can't be said of most Westerners, even including the religious ones. Christianity has become such a lackluster movement, and for the most part, your average Westerner feels spiritually very cold and bitter. To us, either God doesn't exist outright, or if he does, he's a cruel and malicious being who ought to be ignored and/or usurped immediately.

Thus, one could look at the current divide between Muslims and Westerners as being what happens when a socially anti-theist culture suddenly has large groups of obvious believers move into its mists. I truly feel that all the emphasis on "terrorism", "hijabs", "Muhummad(pbuh) being a pedophile" etc. is just the superficial argument against what is truthfully a metaphysical battle between faith in God and embedded nihilism.

I say all this as a Neo-Platonic Buddhist too.
>>
>>6128192
Only for the retards here op. They can't read.
>>
>>6130176
>We're all well aware that Islam has adherents from thousands of ethnicities

Kek you really believe that? You may be aware, but the average amerilard thinks Sikhs are Muslim.
>>
>>6131725
*tips*
>>
>>6128192
>white knights whining about how not enough people are reading and discussing gender “history”
Yup sounds about right for /his/.
>>
>>6128793
>>6128806
I’m not a nationalist, I enjoy military history because it’s the setting for great events and larger-than-life people. It’s also interesting to see military history affect economics, politics and culture. I don’t even really care about “muh tank specs” or “muh Battlebox threads.”
>>
>/his/ white knights claim that military history is normie
>go to uni to sign up for history courses
>there’s over a hundred of them
>half are “Women in X”
>20th Century history courses skip WW1 and WW2
>literally only two courses are military history
>one gets cancelled, the other is “Women in War”
>>
>>6128671
Poor bait
>>
File: 1549744100078.jpg (107 KB, 1504x1393)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
>>6128192

How is History not a linear process?
>Gender history
warrior culture is overrated
historia civilis is cool
europe is the protagonist of History
Islam is a cancer
>>
>>6128345
True, WWII faggots are the absolute worst scourge in the history community
>>
I go on /his/ only for the &Humanities part.
>>
>>6132127
>How is History not a linear process?
Assuming I'm getting that brainlet image right, it's just a really, really poorly-worded description of "Whig history"
>>
>>6132129
I hate how all military history enthusiasts get lumped in with “DUDE WHAT IF THE NAZIS DID X COULD THE WIN” WW2 fags.
>>
>>6131725
>>
>>6132127
>democracy existed in Rome and Greece to some extent before it gets ousted for Monarchy which again gets ousted for democracy which almost got ousted for communism which lead to totalitarianism again which later lead to democracy
>slavery was not allowed in Persia but was allowed in following Empires that outlasted it before being made illegal again
>being gay rapists was completely normal for a long time before it was condemned and later reaccepted by half the world(the gay part not the rape)
History is mostly cyclical and tends to repeat itself.
>>
>>6130176
>kills Galileo for proposing the sun is not rotating around the earth.
Also the sensual pleasures are mostly for the lower levels of heaven. The higher levels seem to suggest some sort of Buddhist esque enlightenment serving alongside the angels.
>>
>>6132187
that is a bunch of bullshit and faggoty eastern philosophy
>>
>>6132202
>kills Galileo for proposing the sun is not rotating around the earth.
Shitskin education
>>
File: 1538446104715.png (1.52 MB, 1333x1333)
1.52 MB
1.52 MB PNG
>>6128192
>GENDER HISTORY
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.