[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: Tengri.png (19 KB, 630x589)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
Like the title says, I'm interested in learning more regarding Tengriism. I've heard of its revival in and around Mongolia, although how large I cannot say. I may convert, maybe.
>>
Bump
>>
>>6106951
Yakut and Khakas people probably practice the most untainted genuine Tengrism. It should replace Islam in Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan.
>>
>>6106977
Tell me more.
>>
>>6106984
The Yakut and Khakas are the only ones that did not entirely convert to Islam, Christianity, or Buddhism. Maybe Chuvash have some remnants before they converted to Orthodoxy. Also the Mongolic Daur people maybe? But the Daur are heavily influenced by non-Tengrist Tungusic Evenki people.
>>
File: Tengri world.jpg (29 KB, 480x480)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>6106951
>FOR THE ETERNAL SKY
>>
Did the Mongols get their beliefs about the water cycle from tengriism? I believe that's why they didn't bathe
>>
>>6110836
Looks like Sami drums
>>
>>6106951
>be burger
>want to move to montana, raise sheep and horses, and braise dengrii
Should I do it brehs?
>>
>>6106951
Its called TANGRA, you filthy pleb
>>
>>6107053
Yakuts are also influenced by tungusic Evenki people.
Their ancestors lived around lake Baikal and were driven north during the mongol conquest. They had superior metallurgy and horsemanship and conquered the Evenki people and absorbed them.
>>
>>6110880
Because it is a sami drum. They have different shapes all troughout Siberia, every ethnicity has their own tradition how to make the shaman drum, every drum is unique and part of their owner.
They are to be buried or burned together with their shaman.
>>
>>6114059
In Mongolia it is Tengger, in Yakut he is called Tangıra, what is your point? The sky-god goes by many names.
>>
>>6120001
In turkish its called tanrı which means god.
>>
>>6114059
Every religion is a different way to worship Tengri, he has many names you infidel.
>>
>>6120009
In Hungarian Tenger means ocean.
If I am not mistaken in Turkish ocean is Deniz, they both go back to Old Turkic Teŋir

I believe the word for the sky and for the ocean are related, it makes sense to me to call the sky the ocean in heaven or something alike.

Also in some siberian myth, diver birds are able to travel trough the spheres of the upper and lower worlds. As they can enter both the sky and below the surface of the water.
>>
>>6120026
How many religions are there where the sky god is the supreme leader of the gods?

It seems to be pretty universal for step people, but also for Chinese and Sumerian mythology.
Other religions put more emphasis on worship of the sun and the moon rather than the personified sky itself.
>>
File: 343.jpg (17 KB, 236x304)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>6120037
You see that they viewed every religion to be one finger of the same hand hence they changed so freely, every religion is an extension of Tengri worship. And in most pagan aswell as Abrahamic the "sky god" is ontop of the pantheon.
>>
>>6106951
All religions are retarded trash. But if you really want to know, quite a significant portion of Mongols sometimes attend to Shamanist gatherings. But in public most Mongols will declare themselves either Buddhist/Atheist. Siberian asians however are still very Tengrist/Shamanist without any tainting of Muslim/Buddhist/Orthodox influences.
>>
>>6106951
Literally what do they believe?
>>
>>6123411
>All religions are retarded trash.

Do you ever stop and think about how embarrassing it must be for others around you when you say this kind of ignorant shit?
>>
Is Tengrism ultimately Turkic or Mongolic in origin? Or does it go back to a time when they were both one language family?
>>
Bump
>>
>>6124078
They're essentially animalists who think everything including animals and inanimate objects have a spirit.
>>
>>6124587
According to Heinrich Werner it is originally Yeniseian.

The yeniseian Dingling people dominated the steppe in ancient times and made up a significant portion of the Xiongnu. Their supreme sky god was called Es.
The name of tengri is derived from the yeniseian word for "high above".
>>
>>6124078
>>6107053

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZ84K1aiI3k
>>
How many tengris in America?
>>
>>6106977
>It should replace Islam in Kazakhstan and Krgyzastan
Fair enough but the Turkics should also go back to Mongolia too.
>>
>>6112189
>burger
No you should kys you fucking larper
>>
>>6120037
Well Zeus was the main god of the Greeks and he was thunder/sky god I guess? Same thing with Slavic Perun.
>>
>>6129983
>Dingling
heh
>>
File: Swastika Shaman1.jpg (325 KB, 1536x1152)
325 KB
325 KB JPG
>>6112189
DO IT FAGGOT
>>
File: 937.jpg (238 KB, 1029x559)
238 KB
238 KB JPG
>>6131414
But you also have a lot of Mongolians that say turks are not the same as them, well Im not sure about those "Mehmet my son" turks....
>>
File: Tengri priest.jpg (58 KB, 425x650)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>FOR TENGRI, MAY I FOREVER STRIDE ACROSS THE SKY
>>
>>6112189
Do it
>>
Stop larping religions. Pick a real religion, it’s not a game
>>
>>6142573
Abrahamic religions are the biggest LARP in history, though

Christianity
>LARP as Jews

Judaism
>LARP as even more ancient Jews

Islam
>LARP as Arabs

If your religions only redeeming point is that you get to LARP without some neckbeard on the internet thinking you're LE CRINGE XD then your religion is pretty shitty.
>>
>>6106951
>it's a white people discover some mongolian bullshit and desperately LARP episode
>>
>>6146869
>>6142573
>>6132090
>LARP
>LARP
>FUCKING LARP
>I SAID LARP
>STOP TALKING ABOUT THIS
>I SAID LARP
Go be autistic somewhere else.
>>
>DUDE WE SHOULD LIKE TOTALLY CONVERT TO THIS RELIGION I JUST READ ABOUT ON WIKIPEDIA FIVE MINUTES AGO
>IT'S FROM MONGOLIA SO YOU KNOW IT'S FUCKING EPIC BRO
>>
Bump

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.