[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Why is suicide considered a sin? What does the Bible say about it?
>>
>>5956141
>”Thou shalt not kill.”
>>
Why do people always ask the Bible what to do?
>>
>>5956146
"Thou shalt not murder" is more accurate, because killing for God or another legitimate authority is fine and good
>>
>>5956240
>do w/e you want
>"hey I'm forced to do this, otherwise the big guy will give me hell"
>>
File: th.jpg (11 KB, 474x266)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
It depends on your genetics, it's not sin if it's to benefit yourself; however, in the majority of cases, it is sin because you produce a modest amunt of stuff; a lot of people have hallucinations which shows they have powerful interest from energy species. You also produce, senses, sights, etc. Zoomed in, these have quality, if you're killing yourself because you don't have good eyes, I don't see why not, but if you're good then unless for a very good reason, you shouldn't kill yourself.
>>
It's a sin because you are murder someone but you can't regret it after in confession and be forgiven
>>
>>5956141
Suicide is a morally reprehensible act since you are rejecting one of God’s greatest gifts, life itself.
>>
>>5956340
you are fucking retarded
>>
It's a sin to someone else.
>>
There are many, many references to suicide in the Bible.

Here's a list of references of suicide in the Bible.
https://www.crosswalk.com/faith/spiritual-life/what-the-bible-says-about-suicide-7-reminders-of-hope.html

God was okay with suicide if it was part of his will. See the death of Samson.

Judges 16:25-31 NLT

25 Half drunk by now, the people demanded, “Bring out Samson so he can amuse us!” So he was brought from the prison to amuse them, and they had him stand between the pillars supporting the roof. 26 Samson said to the young servant who was leading him by the hand, “Place my hands against the pillars that hold up the temple. I want to rest against them.” 27 Now the temple was completely filled with people. All the Philistine rulers were there, and there were about 3,000 men and women on the roof who were watching as Samson amused them. 28 Then Samson prayed to the LORD, “Sovereign LORD, remember me again. O God, please strengthen me just one more time. With one blow let me pay back the Philistines for the loss of my two eyes.” 29 Then Samson put his hands on the two center pillars that held up the temple. Pushing against them with both hands, 30 he prayed, “Let me die with the Philistines.” And the temple crashed down on the Philistine rulers and all the people. So he killed more people when he died than he had during his entire lifetime. 31 Later his brothers and other relatives went down to get his body. They took him back home and buried him between Zorah and Eshtaol, where his father, Manoah, was buried. Samson had judged Israel for twenty years.

Also, there are verses against suicide where Judas hung himself, and in... I think it was Memech? Some deuterocanical book, anyway. No book of the Bible outright states suicide is a sin. Maybe one or two implies it's a sin, but it's balanced out by verses about martyrdom, or Samson's death.
>>
>>5956240
Because it seems to have worked out OK and replacing it could and would most likely be worse. We've denounced God in the US and Christianity is being replaced by radical egalitarianism mixed with critical theory and a general satanic inversion of long held reverences.
>>
>>5956340
Seems thaat way to me. Look at the sheer struggle all life on earth exerts simply to maintain itself
>>
>>5956141
we've been through this already.
the bible doesnt outright says suicide is a sin but you would still go to hell because you're unironically killing yourself and that's breaking one of the 10 commandments
>>
>>5957899

But I thought Jesus died for our sins?
>>
>>5956247
Hello Augistine, I see you are twisting the rules there. We take the Script literally here.
>>
>>5956141
Thou shall not murder.
>>
File: 1463375099423.png (2.94 MB, 1500x2057)
2.94 MB
2.94 MB PNG
>>5958457
>love in the Bible is the same as real life love
2/10
>>
>>5958430
>Kys and the sacrifice of Christ, planned from eternity past to redeem wicked and sinful people, are somehow remotely the same
>>
>>5958562
>that fucking drivel
Only cruel people believe in a cruel God.
>>
>>5958562
so actually Christianity is no different from islam?
That's what it says in your drivel.
Nice to see some honest christcucks here.
Not a model religion after all
>>
File: 646x404.png (438 KB, 646x404)
438 KB
438 KB PNG
>>5958652
>>5958676
C O P E
O
P
E
>>
>>5956255
be wary of this post
>>
>>5958682
you realize this means there's no reason to hate islam if you act this similar to muslims?
Your ethical argument can't hold water anymore
>>
>>5958732
>Christianity = Islam because uhhh God is mean
This level of cope shouldn't be possible.
>>
>>5958740
>lets lose our shit whenever we disapprove like muslims do
>we're different trust us
>>
>>5958764
>no argument
typical atheist obeying the jews by shilling and derailing a thread.
>>
>>5958794
you're not different
>>
File: 3.jpg (79 KB, 1280x720)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>5958836
Spoke like a true butthurt centrist
>>
>>5956141
God teaches us this life is just to endure hardship to make us stronger in character, if you just quit you are basically failing at life
>>
>>5958457
>We take the Script literally here
Good thing the original Hebrew text of the Ten Commandments prohibited murder, not the general act of killing.
>>
>>5956141
Not a christian here.
I think it's something like your body isn't your own, it was given to you by God and you don't have the write to mistreat it, which is also the reason why you shouldn't indulge in mutilating or whatever.
>>
>>5956146
>Stone 'em to death
What did they mean by this?
>>
>>5958652
>>5958676
Its saying the people who are Christians shouldnt try and sing kumbaya with everybody. We should get mad at things we dont like instead of saying to be tolerant to that which hurts us.
>>
>>5960213
>being a good goy means you go to heaven after dying
>suicide is bad, but martyrdom is saintly
They don't care about their earthly bodies.
>>
>>5956141
Early christian sects used to perform too many suicides and the religion wasn't growing. That is the actual answer. Same reason christians hated homosexuals and unmarried people.
>>
>>5961212
>They don't care about their earthly bodies.
we do, are you retarded? one thing is people killing you for God and another is killing yourself

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.