[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: BULLY FI_0.jpg (16 KB, 480x320)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
How come some kids bully each other?
>>
Primitive instincts and emergent social behaviour. People will act like chimps if you allow them to.
>>
File: 1544794200496.jpg (57 KB, 638x480)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>5954391
Because spaghettimonster put it into our dna.
>>
>>5954391
Bullying is found in basically all warm-blooded social animals. It's an evolutionary perk that kills the weak and secures more resources for the strong.
>>
Lizard brain

Much like how baby birds will peck the weaklings to death or baby sharks eat each other in the womb

It both builds up a social hierarchy and discourages defective members of the group from reproducing
>>
>>5954391
It's necessary to get rid of the weaklings, it would happen in the workplace too if adults didn't convince themselves that it's a bad thing.
>>
I’ve never bullied anyone.
>>
>>5954416
Based Dalai Lama!
Also based antinatalist anon.
>>
>>5954458
Guess you were one of the weaklings being bullied
>>
>>5954467
Nope. Bullying wasn’t a thing in my childhood.
>>
>>5954398
>>5954424
>>5954438
>>5954452
All false.

>>5954473
Where did you grow up? Did you witness bullying?
>>
>>5954391
Other kids deserve it
>>
>>5954473
Sure it wasn't faggot
>>
>>5954475
Then enlighten us, oh genius
>>
>>5954391
The weak must fear the strong
>>
File: 2nswfvt.jpg (38 KB, 320x240)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>5954391
It's a hierarchy of abuse
>>
a mixture of tribalism, social hierarchies, and maybe even some sadism. Most victims are either different (easy target) or asocial and meek (easy target), mix that with a touch of sadism and the inherent uncomfort people feel towards outsiders and you get bullying. Same reason to why child predators go for the lonely kid
>>
I don't like this thread.
>>
>>5954546
why
>>
>>5954546
>waaaah what i want matters look at me
This is why you were bullied
>>
>>5954391
I'm not sure. Although like all but a very small number of things, it is a learned behavior.
>>
>>5954391
Future sociopaths bully people not normal humans.
>>
>>5954452
It happens in the workplace, just more subtle.
>>
>>5954473
>Nope. Bullying wasn’t a thing in my childhood.
This. It basically didn't exist.
>>
>>5954475
All false.
>>
File: brainlet 3.jpg (6 KB, 211x239)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>5954424
>It's an evolutionary perk that kills the weak and secures more resources for the strong.
>>
It's about forcing conformity. Physical bullying is usually committed by outcasts, but shunning and ostracising is done by the average child, teenager and adult. It can be subtle or overt depending on the victim.

Children that are "too different", are naturally targeted by their peers. They're generally socially inept, and many of them don't consciously realise they're being bullied until a major "attack".

I'm by no means claiming that bullying victims are superior to their average peer, but this is the general principle:

>The story is that Periander made no reply to the herald sent to ask his advice, but levelled the corn-field by plucking off the ears that stood out above the rest; and consequently, although the herald did not know the reason for what was going on, when he carried back news of what had occurred, Thrasybulus understood that he was to destroy the outstanding citizens.

—Aristotle, Politics, Book 3, 1284a
>>
>>5954391
Projection
>>
File: sdnqoLO.jpg (118 KB, 584x622)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
Kids are cruel, Jack
>>
>>5954391
Social status and pecking order. Deep down we’re just a bunch of shitty monkeys vying for mating rights and dominance, it’s just that our complex social patterns cause us to complicate this very simple truth.
>>
>>5955268
>"and I'm very in touch with my inner child!"

MGR2 when
>>
>>5955365
More like tribalism. To be a part of the group you have to exhibit certain traits.
>>
File: 1545582730359.png (593 KB, 577x608)
593 KB
593 KB PNG
>>5954391
They don't.

I was a pretentious little shit as a kid and I would go around starting shit and when anybody fought back I would run to the teacher and say they were """""bullying""""" me.

Kids don't know shit and just act on what little they know, that evidently leads to conflict period.
>>
>>5954391
As long as the joke is on someone else and not on me, it's all good - younger me
t. ex-bully
>>
>>5954391
Mostly because children are free noble spirits and it’s funny to bully people.
>>
>>5954398
t. Four eyes runt of the litter
>>
>>5955035
Why else would bullying exist?
>>
Well i bullied a kid when i was younger like 9-11 years old because he played with girl toys. At the time i thought his behavior was gay, even with my kid brain. Nowadays i wouldny do that. Ive thought about apologizing, im pretty rightleaning but i dont thinl he deserved to be treated that way by me.
>>
>>5955627
Establishes hierarchy. The purpose is to make weaker men submit, not kill them outright.
>>
>>5955658
So then why do young animals regularly kill their siblings?
>>
>>5954484
not everybody shares your subhuman instincts muttboi
>>
>>5955087
/thread
>>
Weak should fear the strong.
>>
>>5954458
>>5954473
>>5954582
>>5954656
This is how the underage 4chan users from today grew up. Remember that they were born in 2005. Social dynamics are probably not what they used to be when we were kids. Google probably picks up on bullying over the children's iphone and sents an alert to their parents immediately.
>>5955087
This is how it is.
>>
>>5955639
And then you two fags can get married.
>>
>>5954391

Kids can be cunts. There's nothing to it really.
>>
"hahaha everyone look at that guys exposed flaws, look at his don't look at mine hahaha"
Kids just think everyone judges every little pimple on their faces, so they are insecure and one way of avoiding being made fun of is to make fun of others relentlessly as a diversion.
In reality no one cares.
>>
>>5954391
It's our ape brain. Bullying is natural in animals.
>>
image,

statistically aggression or wrath is science in the mind of some kids - they learn how to profit from bullying; image and personality related; who they're thought of and who' they're sensed as.
>>
Bullying is a display of sociopathy and a lack of empathy.
We need eugenics. Imprison all the kids that bully others to save society from evil
>>
Cameras and microphones should be installed in all schools to detect who actually started it so that bullies don't end up getting their victims punished when they retaliate
>>
>>5956233
you have to stand up for yourself and it would be more intelligent to a stable person in the social group to stand up against friendship with bullies.
>>
>>5955883
I was born in 1992 and bullying didn't exist in my school either. Actual bullying seems to be a largely American phenomenon.
Quiet, shy kids were never bullied, just ignored at worst. I'm from Balkans.
There was constant banter, but everyone participated.
>>
>>5956242
Standing up for yourself gets you rekt by the teachers because the bullies just go and tell on you saying you're the bully.
>>
File: angry.png (31 KB, 485x443)
31 KB
31 KB PNG
>>5956230
>REEEEEEE MY BULLIES SHOULD BE ROUNDED UP AND SHOT
>>
>>5956259
Bullies grow up to become criminals and prisoners.
We don't keep all adults in the same buildings so why do keep future criminal children in the same classes?
>>
>>5955883
Cope, you just went to nigger schools.
>>
>>5954391
Because not every kid has access to firearms. If they did bullying would decrease.
>>
>>5954391
sexual frustration
>>
>>5956230
Not really

Bullies are usually the most confident, ambitious, respected, and dominant people around

All your historical “heroes” were bullies as youths

The strong do as they please, the weak endure what they must

Some people are naturally predators and masters while others are natural prey

Aristotle believed this
>>
>>5956249
Only at cuck schools

Most bullies stop after getting savaged by a possible victim

Lions don’t hunt for the biggest meanest bull Cape buffalo, they want the old/weak/sick/very young
>>
File: 1546905210407.jpg (157 KB, 800x1201)
157 KB
157 KB JPG
All of these answers are right and none of them are
>>
>>5956274
Bullies usually grow up to become powerful and influential people in society
>>
>>5956230
>I'm a massive faggot who got bullied in school
ftfy
>>
When I was a kid we would bully kids who had something autistic about them in hopes I think that they'd straighten themselves out. It's happened a couple times that the kid we'd bully would fix their autistic shit and then became good friends.
>>
>>5954391
The answer differs, when i was a bully i did it because i was preassured by my peers, Who then turned on me for being a bully. Then i was bullied in high school after i bullied a kid from habit. But we all later got along. I think most bullies never developed the character to communicate. And cant understand others pain and suffering.
>>
File: TLA.jpg (31 KB, 640x260)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
I don't mean to blog post, but I can't help but think that a big part of it is the kind of environment that the children are in. My own children go to a Steiner school, and bullying is virtually non existent. Students are in smaller classes and have the same teacher for the duration of their schooling, so there's a necessity to get along and look after one another. Schooling has a higher focus on emotional well-being. There's a lot of outlets for physical energy, there's an acknowledgement of gender difference, and there isn't that anti-boy bias that is significant in conventional schooling. The boys in particular enjoy a high degree of physical and constructive outdoor play, and spend lunchtimes in a natural outdoor environment doing things like building tree forts and playing tag or soccer.

I'm shit at writing so this probably comes off as a disjointed mess of a post but basically I believe that conventional schools are a breeding ground for low trust pecking order based relationships, and the more intimate and bond forming environment at places like our school makes long duration high trust relationships, and is also aided by an approach to teaching that considers emotional well-being as integral to learning outcomes (troubled kids don't learn well). All of the kids are nice people that you would trust to look after your wallet or younger children and there is little or no bullying.
>>
>>5955087
The whole point is to provide a normalized group. If the entire class is normal and one kid deviates and starts talking about sonic a lot he will get picked on. Imagine taking that one weird kid that ALWAYS talked about sonic or Mario or some shit. Not just enjoying it but always quoting it and acting out various moves and scenes. And isolating him so that he was never bullied or picked on. That kid would not be a functioning adult. Its a bad cause for the greater good in the long run. Wht cares if you felt sad and uncomfortable when you were little. Your a normal human now.
>>
>>5959189
That's exactly what I said, but if you want to get into the nitty gritty of it most of the time the children committing the bullying are probably correspondent with the 85-110 IQ range.

From my own experience the bullies ended up taking professions where that is the average intelligence, and their victims either ended up becoming societal dropouts or exceptional in their chosen fields.

You may argue that the 12 year old child who opined about Sonic/Mario was predestined to become a loser, but his obsession is very much the same as the average childrens' obsession with Marvel heroes; it's just focused on a different topic.

If this child is bullied, it forces him to search for like-minded "autistic nerds" at the bottom of the social ladder for survival. This breeds an "us versus them" mentality that can persist until death.
>>
>>5955544
>It never happened to me so it must not exist
You just went to a safe space school then because bullying is definitely a real thing
>>
>>5954391
Almost all social creatures exhibit hierarchy, and have methods of establishing that.
>>
>>5956246
I think the bar you set for bullying is too high, or you're just flat out deluded. Or both.
>>
>>5954391
They're kids
They're supposed to fight it out considering that growing up comes with alot of unstable emotions
>>
File: images (31).jpg (53 KB, 676x454)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
I was bullied
>>
Children are ruthless social darwinists and fascists, this is why historically they were held in check by regular beatings and harsh discipline
>>
I bullied lots of people in school because it made me feel strong
It worked too because nobody directly fucked with me
It took being bullied myself and meeting the wrong person before I learned to change and I regret some of it

I teach my younger relatives to always have something hurtful or embarrassing to say to a bully and if that doesn't work use violence
That's how life is and it happeneds with adults too
>>
Let's be frank here a lot of us were probably both bullies and victims at different points of our lives so we should be careful before categorizing people as bullies and victims.
>>
>>5956246
I'm an American, born in 1991. I don't remember any persistent bullying. I remember kids being the butt of mean jokes/pranks, but never habitually.
>>
It's an evolutionary thing, but that doesn't mean it's just that. I think kids project their own perceived weaknesses onto others to prove themselves to be the stronger one.
Why we do this, is why it's an evolutionary thing. I don't know, but it's a fear of weakness, or a way of getting up in the social hierarchy.
>>
>>5960361
there's always that one kid though
>>
>>5954391
Just think of how much easier it is to make a shitpost than an actual reply. Whatever that is they must be coming from the same place.
>>
>>5955639
>Ive thought about apologizing
Might as well. Send a message on the internet it's that easy, you do it all the time here. Worst case scenario you get some shit message back and you ignore that. Best case scenario you brighten that fellow's day! I'd say it's worth it
>>
>>5956851
Being an influential asshole isn't equal to be a scientist that contributes to humanity.
>>
>>5960223
That explains why we must bash the fash
>>
>>5955658
It varies, and can often result in death for low status organisms. If you go to especially poor or backwards communities even in America there are infrequent but fairly notable instances of weaker kids being murdered by their bullies and its especially common in primitive tribal communities. Mostly though it is a blind expression of aggression and instinct to differentiate from conspecifics to attain more attention, resources and to keep at bay competitors or threats to status.
>>5959189
Sure. But its not a very intelligent (not that there is a good alternative) mechanic for doing so and the people who do it are usually vaguely conscious of its purpose, more often totally unconscious of it, and almost always pick the wrong targets and methods, over condition the target and do indeed derive sadistic pleasure from it. In non-human animals the idea that its "for their own good" rather than for the good of the individual and the group is preposterous. People bully because they can and because there are net personal and social benefits for it, the welfare of the outlier weakling is a very small factor in this calculus and should not be presented as the primary justification for it (if you can even provide justifications for naturally occurring emergent socio-biological patterns). What is really reprehensible is suggesting that beating the shit out of some manlet halfling for being already stunted and neotenous will somehow develop them into an acceptable beta, what is likely happening is that they are a sink for existing aggression, incapable of putting up the resistence of other mid status males and are a net negative for the fitness of the group and an opportunity to gain attention and prestige for mid and high status males. The element you mention is probably at play but again should not be confused with the majority of the dynamics that drive these interactions as this is absent in non-human primates and other social animals.
>>5954473
lol ok Chad
>>
I was bullied cause I’d get really into certain topics and never shut up about it. It still made me really sad though.
>>
>>5954391
Because its fun and I do it to people because I can and they can't lmao
>>
instincts to establish a hierarchy and determine breeding rights
notice how nice prepubescent kindergarten/elementary school is
then kids suddenly get nasty around middle school when everyone is growing
People say it's "hormones", yeah and those hormones are telling them to murder and fuck.
>>
everyone in this thread is going to try and convince you that bullying is alpha male behaviour because it fits in with their autistic /r9k/ dichotomy and fantasies of animal masculinity which they've concocted by never leaving the house, but 90% of school bullies were troubled children who were subjected to stress by their arguing/neglectful/abusive parents at home and then replicated the behaviour that terrifies them in the home at school. they are the same people who get bullied. low self-worth, incredibly stressed, can't come to terms with their problems, inflict it on other people. then when they leave school, they grow up and come to terms with their frustration. no one on 4chan knows this though because their life finished after school. they became neet and never grew up so their idea of human behaviour comes from being a petrified little boy who gets bullied and then bullies other people. lol @ wannabe anthropologists who think school bullying is a model for social hierarchy. children are cruel because the parts of the brain that control for self-restraint and empathy are undeveloped and because when they become teenagers, they feel the lowest they will probably feel in their lives because they're riddled with problems and haven't figured any of them out yet. if you try to "bully" as the wannabe alpha males in this thread say at work, people will laugh at you
>>
>>5961904
Smaller kids can be as cruel as older ones. My two youngest cousins are pretty pyscho, especially the youngest one. She has such contempt for weaker kids and seems to love inflicting pain. What i have heard from my mom, I used to be a violent kid around 4-7 or something like that. In my experience most people seem to get more chilled around 15.
>>
>>5961489
Too bad. Nature doesn’t give a fuck. A scientist that can’t hide his powerlevel will not breed unless he’s an asshole. Shit, most of the great scientists were assholes and womanizers.
>>
Bullying causes irreparable damages to a child’s brain into adulthood
>>
>>5956246
i fucking hate peopke drawing conclusions from their own experience as if it meant somehing, im from 1990 and i assure bullying was real for our generation even if you didnt see it
>>
>>5962734
Nature must be tamed. The greatest scientists were ripped off. People beat up Tesla and stole his Inventions
>>
>>5954391
Kids that are badly socialized will be ostracized. This is like the basics of being a human but no one gives a fuck about child rearing anymore. You will always have dickheads and interpersonal arguements, but kids who can’t make friends are weird. Kids who are angry they can’t make friends are arrogant.
>>
>>5955544
You were the bully retard
>>
>>5963227
Good luck
>>
>>5955883
Except I was born in 1990

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.