[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

When did the blacks in America stop being oppressed?

I think that it is very important to roughly agree on the date or the future generations will look back and claim that we were responsible for black misfortunes in the future. My opinion is that blacks started being treated equally at least by early 80's and from then on actually receive special treatment as a protected minority.
>>
File: 1547149077821.jpg (831 KB, 3600x2400)
831 KB
831 KB JPG
*ahem*
>>
>>5950995
So what is your argument? Black people are oppressed today and whites are evil racists that hold them down?
>>
>>5950986
I don’t think blacks will ever abandon the victim mentality, western liberals have done an amazing job of using that victim platform and the conditioning is to strong.
>>
>>5951045
>Black people are oppressed today

Not him, but yeah.

>whites are evil racists that hold them down?

Quite a few of them, yes.
>>
>>5951055
Why would they? They profit so much from doing this as do large companies.
>>
>>5951069
>Not him, but yeah.

How are they being oppressed?

>Quite a few of them, yes

The last time there was an anti black racial riot was 1960's.The last time there was an anti white racial riot was 2015
>>
>>5951078
That wasn't anti white. That was them just protesting to cops shooting unarmed blacks males in an alarming rate. Now there are several anti black and anti jewish protests. One recently caused the death of 1 female. Some alt bastard ran over a crowd of people and then fled away. But some how alt- right mother fuckers love to defend their case. Also I love how none of these "anti white" protests never caused a death. While there are many deaths caused by race riots done by white supremacist.
>>
>>5952156
haha you're full of shit
>>
>>5952215
Best comeback ever. Buddy wow I am just so fucking astonished.
>>
>>5952219
Dallas
>>
>>5952219
well everything you said was fucking bullshit so why wouldn't he call you out on it?
>>
>>5952301
>BLM is anti white

>There are many anti non white riots that resulted in death

Somehow I am wrong about this
>>
>>5952314
>BLM isn't anti white
>>
>>5952314
of course they don't result in deaths theres no counter protests to so called 'anti racist' demonstrations. Meanwhile any white nationalist rally has literal busloads of counter protesters who are itching for a fight.
>>
>>5952156
>Charlottesville was an anti black riot
>>
>>5952322
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlanta_race_riot

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_race_riot_of_1919

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulsa_race_riot

>>5952333
Did I say it was anti black? It could have been anti Jewish or just anti non white entirely. Like they were screaming "Jews won't replace us' and saying some fucked up shit about non whites.
>>
File: ancient egyptian male.jpg (457 KB, 1058x1080)
457 KB
457 KB JPG
Beautiful white skin
>>
>>5952352
>links protests from the 1920s
stop smelling up the thread you coon, fucking hell you're an idiot.
>>
>>5952398
You are a fucking idiot aren't you? You people are claiming that the right is not violent. How they are innocent. But fine I will give you some modern cases of how violent the right is.

https://qz.com/1182778/the-far-right-was-responsible-for-the-majority-of-extremist-killings-in-2017/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charleston_church_shooting

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quebec_City_mosque_shooting

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Norway_attacks

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_McVeigh
>>
>>5952432
just gonna stop you there and say islamic violence dwarfs all this yet leftists here love muslims
not to mention black on white violence dwarfs the tiny number of incidents of a lone crazed gunman
>>
File: uhem.jpg (16 KB, 288x450)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>5952432
>the-far-right-was-responsible-for-the-majority-of-extremist-killings-in-2017
This looks a lot like gas lighting...
>>
File: NCFS-Table.jpg (46 KB, 620x297)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>5952452
>Muh black on white violence
>>
>>5952333
well it definitely was anti-jewish to be fair
>>
>>5951078
>The last time there was an anti white racial riot was 2015
Are you retarded?
>>
They still are, as evidenced by literally every thread on the internet that inevitably turns into a shitfest of racism.
You cannot both call them monkeys and deny that they are victims all in one sentence.
>>
The only way for anti-black racism to cease and become history is for blacks to gain prominence in the more esteemed spheres of society.
But the weird irony is that whites shit on blacks for being losers, yet they are also super scared when blacks show any signs of success. Either way you cannot win. White racists love to criticize blacks for being lesser than them while at the same time wanting it to remain that way.
But that is what blacks need to do. Just look at the Chinese. They are still hated by whites, but now whites no longer think they are superior to them.
>>
>>5952219
wrong, THIS is the best comeback ever: >>5950995
>>
>>5952432
Mcveigh was anti government not racist
His bombing was justice for Waco
>>
>>5953002
McVeigh committed the bombing because he was part of the far-right militia movement, and the far-right militia movement is very racist
>>
>>5952910
>4chan is a legitimate representative of the internet
>>
serious answer: the 2000s, specifically 2008 (this is how i think history will interpret it)
>>
>>5953120
If racism actually ends in the next 20 or 30 years, then maybe that'll be the narrative, the popular historical interpretation, whatever

But for the record, it's not actually correct
>>
>>5952508
Jews are white, therefor it was an anti white demonstration
>>
>>5950986
>i need an exact date for a social movement succeeding

t. never, ever studied history
>>
>>5950986
There is no exact date
Even today blacks suffer the consequences of pre civil rights segregation like red lining. Then there is disproportionate abuse from the police. There's also a constant victim mentality pushed on them which makes them suspicious of any federal institution and brings out that stereotypical thug culture.
>>
>>5952910
Whos calling them monkeys?
>>
>>5953288
dont play dumb
>>
File: RoofKoreans.jpg (85 KB, 424x671)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>5950986
Shitposting and b8 aside, probably the 90s is the best answer. Systematic discrimination again black people was still fairly common after desegregation as they would often be denied housing, targeted wholesale and quite blatantly by police and almost all of them still were isolated to ghettos. It wasn't put in law, but in practice was still fairly normal. It wasn't until the cold war ended that the culture of the US underwent the cultural turn around it did during this time where domestic policy was actually the focus for the first time in a while with events like the LA Riots exposing how fucked certain areas of the county were and how the police still were running things similarly to the 60s where they could get away with it. Now a days most of the oppression against blacks is class based and they are in a similar situation to the whites (i.e. if you are well off you can live in a nice town around white people and it's not a big deal) but the poor are still living shittily albeit now at a same level as the whites they live with. Naturally a larger percentage of blacks live in poverty comparable to whites as they had more ground to make up but if you look at their current income mobility it is now almost identical to their white counterparts. At least that's my pet theory.
>>
>>5953133
>racism ending
>humans magically stop being discriminatory and tribal for arbitrary reasons
>ever ending

surely racism is the worst ill in the world, once it ends itll be a nice place. racism is truly worse than any other arbitrary judgement scheme.
>>
>>5952432
>McVeigh
>not being extremely based
hello FBI
>>
>>5953771
He was too pure for this world
>>
>>5950986
Around 1870.
>>
>>5953930
taps your shoulder

coughs

Inshahallah on your mother's grave.
>>
>>5954932
>>
>>5950986
Why make this post?
>>
Fuck niggers
>>
>>5950986
Never. They’ll never stop being oppressed.
>>
File: Gregory Bush.png (533 KB, 926x401)
533 KB
533 KB PNG
>>5952463
Daily reminder that not even three months ago there were several white supremacist terrorist attacks by three separate terrorists just in the span of one week!!!
>>
File: figure1.png (20 KB, 674x345)
20 KB
20 KB PNG
Friendly reminder.
>>
>>5954987
>>
File: download.jpg (18 KB, 167x301)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>5954990
The victims.
>>
File: 1547168109282.jpg (49 KB, 649x372)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>5954992

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.