[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: based ottoman.png (445 KB, 545x475)
445 KB
445 KB PNG
Times when eternal anglos were outmemed.
>>
File: 1522172006279.jpg (130 KB, 750x738)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
>>5950051
Ah yes, Sultan Ottoman Sultan, the best Ottoman Sultan of them all.
>>
File: 99l3z8dhwucy.png (799 KB, 548x765)
799 KB
799 KB PNG
>>5950071
Truth is stranger than fiction.
>>
>>5950051
This isn’t even true. It’s just a meme to try to make Ottomans look “good”
>>
>>5950106
It is true. Why people claim it isn’t is beyond me. Probably Christian supremacists or Anglo retards.
>>
File: hmm.gif (758 KB, 468x236)
758 KB
758 KB GIF
>>5950133
>According to legend
>>
>>5950136
Not according to legend. Irish historians have corroborated it. Only Unionist scum and Anglo genocide deniers claim it’s a legend.
>>
File: 1502986706654.gif (817 KB, 200x233)
817 KB
817 KB GIF
>>5950148
So OP's pic was made by Anglo Unionist genocide deniers?
>>
>>5950159
No idea but the event isn’t a legend.
>>
File: 800.gif (271 KB, 384x216)
271 KB
271 KB GIF
>>5950168
Then why does the picture call it a legend?
>>
>>5950106
There's even a placate of it
>>
Based Turks. Vienna is Turk clay.
>>
>>5950178
seriously though is there any contemporary evidence of it occurring or was it covered up by perfidious anglo historians?
>>
>>5950051
Kek
>>
File: İrlanda_mektup.jpg (211 KB, 850x1043)
211 KB
211 KB JPG
>>5950187
There's a letter supposedly written by the Irish found in the ottoman archives
>>
>>5950197
interesting
>>
>>5950133
It’s not true dummy. There’s literally no evidence they sent all that help they claimed they did. It’s just a myth to try to make the Ottomans look “good” and the British look “bad”
>>
>>5950178
>>5950197
Fake
>>
>>5950222
>>5950214
Yikes I can literally SMELL the a*gloid stench from here
>>
>>5950222
>>5950214
Seething Anglo scum
>>
>>5950228
Post the proofs then
>>
>>5950247
He did. But why are you so mad tho?
>>
>>5950079
Hey it's Sultan Sultan of Sultan from Vannes Vannes
>>
>>5950255
>things stupid Anglos think are funny.
Here’s an idea= kill your self.
>>
Watch and be amazed as the Anglo fishing industry... disappears!
>>
>>5950273
Nice. Puts a smile on my face.
>>
>>5950273
Based
>>
>>5950249
I’m supposed to believe it’s true because of a meme that says “legend says”?
>>
>>5950279
You’re supposed to kill your self for crimes against humanity
>>
>>5950280
I’m not a Anglo
>>
>>5950197

>That fucking font
>>
>>5950280
Seething bognigger. You are pathetic and have contributed nothing to society except for cringey folk songs and proving that whites can be niggers.
>>
>>5950361
I'm not even irish but anglos show pretty well what a white nigger would look like. Even niggers look classy next to british slags and hooligans who throw beer around and puke, shit and piss on the ground in a drunken stupor.
>>
File: Cod wars.png (326 KB, 950x862)
326 KB
326 KB PNG
>>5950273
Anglo fishing industry genocide best day of my life!
>>
>>5950187
Uh, how about the fact that the Irish are still alive today
>>
>>5950178
What is it about Ireland that inspires kindness and warm-heartedness in other nations?

A lot of people tend to hate Western Europe, but when they stop and think about Ireland they just go "ehh, those guys are alright."

How do the Micks do it?
>>
>>5951014
Maybe because they didnt ran around the globe murdering mio. of people and constantly fucking everything and everyone up and over?

They were just on their little Ireland getting fucked by the english.
>>
>>5951014
Gift of the gab, ye filthy sassanach
>>
>>5951014
>entire history can be summed up in 2 parts
>peacefully preserving records and spreading their faith without violence
>trying to clean up after english autism

Endearing chaps
>>
File: 1520687522152.jpg (104 KB, 662x431)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
Michael Collins was more a soldier than a politician but he dedicated a large amount of time to talking down those who opposed him.

>"There is no crime in detecting and destroying in wartime the spy and informer. They have destroyed without trial. I have paid them back in their own coin.”
Collins giving a statement on Bloody Sunday, when the entire backbone of British Intelligence in Ireland was wiped out on his command in a single afternoon.

>“To go for a drink is one thing. To be driven to it is another.”
Collins giving an official statement on the status of the ongoing treaty debates.

He is also recorded to have bullied De Valera and his ilk for their retarded military plans.
>>
>>5952137
>>5951014
>>5951025
>>5951033
>be a violent, warlike people
>get outclassed by your neighbors
>unable to play up the angle that you're fierce warriors, claim altruistic pacifism upon defeat
Same with the Irish, same with the Polish, same with the Tibetans, etc. etc.
>>
File: 1501079124584.png (339 KB, 432x430)
339 KB
339 KB PNG
>>5952170
>violent, warlike
Had anti-war laws centuries before Anglo-Saxons did, no large armies or wars until the 10th/11th Century and a majority of the rest of their wars were in response to English invasion, expansion or terrible administration
>Outclassed by your neighbours
I wouldn't call taking over 600 years to consolidate power on an island of warring tribes "outclassing" someone.
>unable to play up the angle that you're fierce warriors, claim altruistic pacifism upon defeat
Assuming you're referring to Irish Neutrality, that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

But nice try, anon!
>>
File: Ireland-960x640.jpg (225 KB, 960x640)
225 KB
225 KB JPG
>>5952198
Did Irish clans not routinely war with one another and serve as mercenaries?
>>
>>5952170
That's exactly what you *nglos are doing today.

Being unable to ever admit fault must be drummed into you when you're pups.
>>
>>5952206
That picture seems to depict an old N*rdoid about to get his chest bashed in.
>>
>>5952206
Prior to the arrival of the Vikings you could barely call them "wars." There was raiding, that rarely at its absolute worst resulted in more than a handful of deaths usually when two raiding parties collided or the local King/Chieftan was attacked. Gaelic Ireland had countless laws against large-scale violence that made it highly impractical to wage large wars or anything other than simple raids or duels. They had laws preventing the damage of non-military buildings/constructions, laws against the killing of non-combatants, laws against the killing of holy men, etc. There monarchies were elective so it was more effective to become popular through raiding and individually beating rivals than conquering an area, controlling it, being deemed illegitimate and have everyone (both friend and foe) team up to fuck you in the ass.

After the arrival of the Vikings most of this went in the bin because suddenly there was a reason to not only have large armies, but to make sure that the enemy's large army couldn't reform or come back to fuck you. Many of the war-based laws fell into disuse and while the Vikings did very poorly in warfare in Ireland it did suddenly mean that rival Gaelic Kingdoms and Clans had much more power behind their motives.
By the time the Normans showed up most of Ireland was loyal to the High King at the time-the last High King-who came very close to keeping most of Ireland united.

>mercenaries
Yes, but usually due to England driving Irish soldiers from their homes. The Wild Geese period is the best example, Jacobite Veterans serving in continental armies (with distinction in most cases.)
>>5952224
Both soldierss in that picture are Irish, I believe it depicts the Burke Civil War.
>>
>>5952211
Don't know where you get that idea from, Anglos don't claim to be peaceful, and if there's any fault to be had, it's in the cultural self-flagellation of recent.
>>
>>5952247
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha holy shit

celts are exactly like slavs, why are slave people such fucking niggers? irish are violent retarded apes wherever they’re found, lazy, quick to anger, petulant, lascivious mongrels. You actually believe Gaels who genocided the native inhabitants of Ireland were peaceful?
>>
>>5952247
Sounds like an affinity for violence to me
>>
You know a people everyone loves? The Scots.
>>
>>5952259
Oh, I didn't realise you were trolling. Apologies anon, do your thing.
>>5952261
I'm not sure how? Since the 7th Century they penned laws to prevent warfare from getting too out of hand, and thus were comparatively far less violent even than their immediate neighbours in comparison. Decentralised wealth meant little to no sieges, the Irish didn't develop large-scale warfare until as I said the Vikings arrived and fucked the whole thing.
As for serving as mercenaries abroad, this is not something found exclusively or excessively in Irish history. They were demonstrably good at fighting, but in Ireland this was mostly due to geographical factors and abroad it was more or less a coincidence/them fighting in a better army than their enemy. Imperialism, expansionism or even extremism are things that never really came to Ireland at all. Arguably the most violent period of Irish history was the 20th Century during the later stages of the Revolution, and even then when compared to other nations the scale of fighting was relatively small.
>>
File: 9f38s3a7jlj11.jpg (55 KB, 500x736)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>5952153
What would do you think would be like if the big fella lived?
>>
>>5952259
>>5952261
V*king N*rdoids could never defeat a standing army they didn't heavily outnumber.
>>
>>5952294
Incredibly different. A list of ways it would almost certainly be different:

>Civil War ends much quicker as the doubts within the Anti-Treaty side are continually reinforced
>Some may even avoid execution due to past affiliation with Collins
>The extremely effective economic and industrial plans laid out by Collins can be put in practice to even greater affect, greatly aiding the rebuilding
>De Valera simply would not have come into power while Collins was around
>More Anglo-Irish co-operation as Churchill-along with many other British politicians-were now either fond of Collins or saw him as the man to fix Ireland
>More focus on cultural revival as it was the third pillar of Collins's rebuilding plans that nobody focused on as much
>As Collins and his prediction of "freedom to achieve freedom" are proven absolutely correct, dissenters and the IRA will dissolve away as the majority of people see them for the thorn in the side that they are
>The church has a fraction of the influence it had in the post-war years

Things that might have happened:
>Northern Ireland may not have continued to exist as neither Dublin nor London wanted it to, and Collins had no reservations about wanting it in the Republic
>A potential conflict of some sort in North East Ulster should this ever come about, which is a decisive victory for the Irish who will likely have the aid of the British
>Ireland may have formally joined the allies instead of just being """"""""""neutral""""""""""" and pro-allies, as Collins would have no desire to collaborate with Germany against Britain whatsoever
>It's unlikely that any other significant party other than whichever one Collins was in would really exist as even Fine Gael and Fianna Fail weren't exactly starkly different in policy
>A token opposition to Collins would likely be the only other serious political entity
>Irish Army would be in much better shape

The long and short is that quite simply things would be much better for us and UK.
>>
File: 100%PrimeEnglishBeef.png (255 KB, 489x484)
255 KB
255 KB PNG
>Has to learn English to bring the bantz
Outstanding.
>>
File: 1534171329860.jpg (244 KB, 1920x1121)
244 KB
244 KB JPG
>>5950214
dude we literally know that it happened a ship even managed to evade the blockage and land food in Ireland, to this day the moon crescent and star is their coat of arms
>>
>>5952279
Honestly I was half serious half shitposting before, but I respect your ability to articulate the nuance of the development of societies and cultures, so I'll commend your posts and say we need more like you
>>
>>5952295
And yet nonetheless took Irish lands for a season.
The most expansionism the Gaels did was against the Picts, and met a stone wall against the Anglo-Saxons
>>
>>5952340
>Civil War ends much quicker
I don't see how. It was already dwindling out by the time Collins had actually died. If anything it might have prolonged it since Dev would be unwilling to surrender to the man.

>More Anglo-Irish co-operation
That sounds awful. You know as well as I that the English only wanted to keep Ireland as close as they could for their own benefit. Collins never would have had the balls to break off from the UK entirely as Dev did. If he had the power then he'd consider Ireland being part of the commonwealth as being free.

>Churchill-along with many other British politicians-were now either fond of Collins or saw him as the man to fix Ireland
This is true. They'd love to have a lapdog like Collins to do all their bidding. They still wouldn't like him though, he'd still be the terrorist that killed their soldiers, but a terrorist they could now use.

>extremely effective economic and industrial plans laid out by Collins
Now this is just wishful thinking. Everyone in Ireland at the time had big ideas like this and they all fell apart.

>dissenters and the IRA will dissolve away as the majority of people see them for the thorn in the side that they are
>Northern Ireland may not have continued to exist as neither Dublin nor London wanted it to
Both of these were true in the timeline we got and nothing happened.

>The church has a fraction of the influence it had in the post-war years
That's awful.

>Collins had no reservations about wanting it in the Republic
Apart from selling it out in the first place.

>Irish Army would be in much better shape
Not going to happen with Ireland being the size it is. There simply wasn't the money to put towards armed forces that no one wanted when the economy was in such a bad way.
>>
>>5952295
>>5952295
Every single country in Europe has been conquered and ruled by Nordics at some.
Face it, we’re superior to you in every way and your ancestors certainly knew it, my rapebaby :)
>>
>>5952269
Micks are just knock-off Scots.
>>
>>5952533
I find that offensive towards english people
>>
>>5952543
Scots and Englishmen are two sides of the Brythonic coin.
>>
>>5952198
>war
>legality
>>
>>5952548
The who?
>>
File: JohnO'Mahony1867.jpg (15 KB, 233x400)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>5952529
We are the progenitors, you licked the heels of every conqueror that came your way.

https://youtu.be/Se0uXjLi1QU

If only Napoleon had succeeded, the G*rmoid would have gotten a taste of his own medicine.
>>
>>5952552
Well that's just the thing, they applied laws to war. If you broke the laws-even during conflict-you were liable to lose everything you'd gained when everyone then told you to fuck off for breaking the law. Even if someone conquered most of Ireland by breaking these laws, chances are that before they even died their rule will dissolve and splinter due to how they did it.
>>5952533
You have that backward, unfortunately! Between the largely mysterious pre-gaelic occupants of Scotland and the arrival of England, Scotland was more or less Gaelic due to the Irish spreading christianity there. Scottish emerged as its own identity but they were Gaelic through and through, however due largely to England the more distinctively Gaelic aspects of their society began to vanish in the 11th Century while in Ireland they lasted until the 17th.
>>
>>5952593
>progenitors
You are literally our rapebabies.
>you kicked the heel of every conqueror
Except Nords have literally never been conquered, unlike your people..
>>
>>5950079
>mfw I live 30 minutes near Vannes
>>
File: 800px-Michael_collins.jpg (160 KB, 800x1034)
160 KB
160 KB JPG
>>5952153
>Michael Collins
Why do you retards love meming this guy into Irish History?
He's still alive by the way.
>>
>>5952340
>>Ireland may have formally joined the allies instead of just being """"""""""neutral""""""""""" and pro-allies, as Collins would have no desire to collaborate with Germany against Britain whatsoever
Irish public opinion was overwhelmingly pro-neutrality, Collins would get overthrown if he tried to.
>>
>>5954637
Irish public opinion was overwhelmingly pro-germany. The Irish Government already quite openly aided the allies wherever possible.

You forget that during WW2 Ireland was basically a dictatorship regardless due to the Emergency Powers act. A dickload of Irish soldiers also voluntarily went to fight for Britain.
>>
>>5951014
There are several reason.
>most people hate the anglos both the country and the people
>ireland looks beautiful
>guiness is nice
>irish folk songs are fun
>if you're christian irish monks kept christianity alive in britian so there is also that
>>
>>5952472
>Collins sold out the Republic
Oh fuck off. For the love of god if there is anything that demonstrates a complete lack of understanding of the Irish Revolution its the idea that Collins "sold out" anything or anyone. Christ alive.
>>
>>5956177
How true is it that Collins actually believed the Treaty wouldn't be permanent/that he would let things progress to full severance?
>>
>>5950168
No its just straight up fictional bullshit
>>
>>5956182
Things Collins said in regards to the treaty (paraphrased)

>"it gives us the freedom to achieve freedom"
>"it sucks shit in comparison to what I want but it sorts the problem for now"
>"we're losing the war and will probably lose very hard if we don't go for this"
>"i don't want to sign this but i have to because it's the best option for now"
>"this is literally just a placeholder to stop the fighting so we can actually organise what we want"
>"i'm probably going to get shot for accepting this treaty but the people who are in charge after me will have an easier time because of this treaty"
>"everyone's bickering over what our forefathers and grandchildren will think of this treaty but nobody's wondering what those alive today can do with it"
>>
>>5951014
Their country has never done anything of note so no one gives a flying fuck
Micks are druken violent bogniggers who like to nail bomb children
>>
>>5952224
No it fucking doesnt nimrod
>>
>>5956192
>nailbombing children
destroying the offspring of the common a*glo is no crime but a great service to the betterment of mankind
>>
>>5950531
S E E T H I N G

Back in your hole roach, no one cares if you're obsessed with bongs
>>
>>5952247
>Didn't have the capabilities for large scale warfare
>durr actually we just had laws an shieett, Irish are good bois who dindu nuffin

Actually pathetic anon, apply yourself. The Irish were hardly more peaceful than anywhere else.
>>
File: stv25Hl.gif (1.86 MB, 260x146)
1.86 MB
1.86 MB GIF
>>5956243
>>
>>5951014
ireland is the only peoples' nation in western europe. all other west european countries are parasitic vermin trash. I wish Irish will keep their country clean and pure, good riddance to the other westerners though.
>>
>>5956196
based
>>
>>5956251
But they did have the capability for it, they just didn't use it until the 10th Century. As soon as the pros to large-scale warfare outweighed the cons, they moved toward larger scale stuff. This is incredibly basic Irish history, anon. It's not even an obscure observation of Irish society, the fact that they didn't get involved in huge wars very often is very common knowledge.
"More peaceful" than anywhere else is the wrong way to put it, as conflict was certainly rife. However if you weren't one of the soldiers actively taking part you could really live your entire life outside of the autistic clan conflicts and raids unless you lived under a very unpopular King, however even then it was more likely that your king would just get fucked out of succession in favour of someone else.
>>
>>5951014
They got memed on the hardest by Britain. And while other victims of Anglo perfidity usually did loads of bad shit themselves (Russia, Germany, France, Italy, India, China, Japan, the Ottomans, just to name a few with a questionable track record), the Irish mostly kept to themselves or at least kept their violent tendencies to Anglos. So naturally it's easy to sympathize with them

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.