[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/his/ - History & Humanities



Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.




File: thor01.jpg (124 KB, 886x935)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
Why did Germanics degrade the Sky Father to the role of a minor war deity?
Where did the Odin cult come from and how did he overtake the Tyr cult?

Is christian influence to make the most popular god Tyr the son of the capital G god thinkable?
>>
>>5946361
Why did you post an image of Thor? Týr and Thor are not the same deities.
>>
>>5946361
G*rmanic peoples are natural born cucks. This is just more proof of that. Slavo-Sarmations should have conquered and bred them 2,000 years ago.
>>
>>5946373
Yes they are
>>
>>5946361
Better question:

How common was Thor worship among Finnish tribes?
>>
>>5946384
in what reality is this question "better"?
>>
>>5946384
Probably extremely common given that the majority of Finnish mythology is derived from Germanic mythology.
>>
>>5946361
Odin was a Turkish Tengrist Shaman. This is proven.
>>
>>5946361
>Why did Germanics degrade the Sky Father to the role of a minor war deity?
Tiwaz was a creator deity, not a war deity. This misconception comes from the flawed Roman interpretatio germanica that equated Tiwaz to Mars.
>Where did the Odin cult come from and how did he overtake the Tyr cult?
Wodanaz was the god of war, berserk rage, song, and wisdom. The Germanics valued the gods of war and fertility than the gods who created the world, because these were more important in day-to-day life. As warfare increased in scale against Romans and among tribes as the Germans started forming more centralized kingdoms, Wodanaz became the patron deity for any king worth his salt. A major part of securing your royal legitimacy is getting bards to sing about your fame, and connecting it with the gods. Hence Wodanaz became the center of a new Norse cosmology centered on Valhalla and hero-worship, showing influences from Christianity and (perhaps) Mithraism.
>>
>>5946361
Germanics are more ENF than they are Aryan/steppe. If you want PIE religions, look at Slavs, Balts, Finns and early Iranians.

Odin isn't even Indo European and Thor is a faggy copy of Perkunas/Perun.
>>
>>5946403
>given that the majority of Finnish mythology is derived from Germanic mythology.
Whatever you take, take less. Finnic mythos are influenced by Balto-Slavs and Iranics.
>>
>>5946496
>>5946517
Your butthurt is showing.
>>
>>5946526
I see no arguments from you. Good.
>>
>>5946529
I see no argument from you either. Just absurd claims without evidence.
>>
>>5946517
On Kaleva:
> Kaleva is a Proto-Scandinavian loanword whose origin is the Proto-Scandinavian proto-form of the Old Norse sea-god giant Hlér. The phonemic Proto-Germanic and Proto-Scandinavian reconstruction of Hlér is *χlewaz, but the phonetic reconstruction of *χlewaz is *χᵃlewaz, whence Kaleva has been borrowed. The sound substitutions are regular. There is plenty of evidence of the existence of and parallels for an epenthetic vowel [a] in consonant clusters /CᵃC/ both in runic inscriptions and in Germanic loanwords in Finnic. On the basis of the wordʼs sound shape, the date of borrowing can be estimated. Kaleva is likely a Roman Iron Age loanword.
>In Old Norse mythology Hlér is the same as Ægir, who is described as being “havets jätte, bosatt i en hall under Læso i Kattegatt” [‘the giant of the sea living in a hall under the island of Læso6 (< ON Hlésey ‘Hlérʼs islandʼ) in Kattegat (off the Danish coast)ʼ] (Ohlmarks 1983: 153, 406).
This is especially interesting considering Vainamoinen’s comments on “the great sea”. Given that Vainamoinen is a son of Kaleva and Kaleva is actually the sea-god giant Aegir who ruled the Baltic Sea, it makes sense for Vainamoinen to wish to rule “the great sea” and its surrounds as his forebears once did. He could also be referring to the Nordic Bronze Age during which Scandinavians lived in Finland and the Baltic states before being assimilated by Finnic speakers over time, or perhaps also Fornjotr (the father of Aegir/Kaleva) who was an ancient giant and king of Gotland, Kvenland, and Finland Proper.
>>
>>5946541
On Kaukomieli:
>Unto Salo (2003: 52, 2008: 276–279) has surmised that Faravid, alias *Kaukamieli (cf. Kaukamely from the municipality of Köyliö in 1422 CE), once lived in the manor on Saari “Island” (whence Saarelainen “Islander”) in the Köyliönjärvi lake. Next to this island lies a smaller island called Kaukoluoto/Kaukosaari.
> It is precisely here on Saari in the Köyliönjärvi lake that Finlandʼs richest Iron Age pagan graveyard has been excavated (Salo 2004: 376–382).11 The burial place dates back to 975‒1150 CE.
> Consequently, there may after all have been chieftains called kuningas ʻkingʼ in southwestern Finland during the Roman Iron Age (ca. 1–400 CE), the Migration Period (ca 400–600 CE) and the Merovingian Period (ca. 600–800 CE), as some Finnish nationalistic circles claim in their alternative, “non-Swedish minded” interpretation of Finlandʼs history based on for example medieval Icelandic sagas (see e.g. The Association of Finnish Culture and Identity), but – slightly embarrassingly for such Finnish nationalists – these “Kings of Finland and Kvenland” would not have been ethnic Finns by birth, but Scandinavians (cf. Kallio 2000: 96–97; Salo 2008: 156–163).
>>
>>5946536
Try to debunk them. You will fail.
>>
>>5946545
On Ahti:
>I argue that the name of the skilled and rich warrior character is a borrowing from the Proto-Scandinavian common noun *āχtiR ʻwealth, property; familyʼ, which has rendered Old Norse átt, ætt ʻfamily, tribeʼ and Swedish ätt ʻnoble familyʼ. In Proto-Germanic, the word had the form *aiχtiz, whence Gothic aihts, OHG ēht and OE ǣht, all of them meaning ʻpropertyʼ (cf. SaN áittar ʻownerʼ EPScand *aiχtēr > PScand *āχtēr > LPScand *āttir > OSwe iorþattari5 ʻland ownerʼ (Sköld 1961: 110; Álgus.v. áittar)).
> Thus, the proper name Ahti is like a personification of wealth and property. No wonder Ahti was described as being rich, because the common noun constituting his name means exactly that.
>In addition, the Proto-Scandinavian etymon *ĀχtiR of the personal name Ahti seems to have been recorded in a Danish runic inscription which reads HarkilaR (nom. sg.) Ahti [āχtī] (dat. sg.) anul ʻHarkilaR (a male name) to *ĀχtiR (another male name), little-forefatherʼ. The inscription was carved on a bronze strapring sometime between 250 and 320 CE. This personal name has been etymologically linked with the Finnish personal name Ahti. (Antonsen 2002: 113‒114; Samnordisk Runtextdatabas 2008 s.v. ahti).9 This occurrence suggests that *ĀχtiR was a Proto-Scandinavian male name, from which the Finnish Ahti ʻskilled rich warriorʼ was borrowed.
>>
>>5946549
On Tiera, Niera, and Liera:
>The so-called Kalevalaic folk poetry also knows such mythical characters as Tiera, Niera and Liera, who most often occur together in a formulaic line such as “Iku Tiera, Nieran poika” [“Iku Tiera, Nieraʼs son”] (Haavio 1967: 205–208, 211; SKVR 2007). These variant forms are attested in rune songs in the meaning ‘Väinämöinenʼs helper warrior and friendʼ. Their Scandinavian origin has also been supported by Harry Lönnroth and Martti Linna (Messenius 2004: 6).
>I assume that Liera is a younger loan from the same North Germanic word, namely EPScand *χᵃlewaz > LPScand *HlewaR > ON Hlér EFin *Leera > Fin Liera, as Kaleva, and Niera can be successfully explained as an equally old borrowing from Snær [snɛ:r] (< PGerm *snaiwaz ‘snowʼ) (cf. OSwe hæria ‘destroy, devastate, plunderʼ Fin herjata ‘revileʼ).
> The place-name Torre and Torren lähde [‘Torreʼs springʼ] in Laitila (cf. the toponym Torrenkangas in Kaustinen in Ostrobothnia and the farm name Torra in Sastamala in Satakunta) seem to reflect the Old Norse saga name Þorri, the mythical king of Finland and Kvenland17, whose Proto-Scandinavian proto-form was *ÞorRē (< PGerm *þurzan ‘dry snowʼ (cf. Snær ‘snowʼ, Frosti ‘frostʼ, Drífa ‘snowdriftʼ))
>Tiera can be seen as formed on the analogy of the original assonant names Niera and Liera and it has replaced the older form Torre in runes
>One more similar mythical name is Teuri, who is a warrior in Kalevalaic runes (Turunen 1979: 336–337; SKVR 2007). It is most likely a Scandinavian loanword, too. The original is the Proto-Scandinavian male name (Swe djur ‘animalʼ, Germ Tier ‘animalʼ < PGerm *deuza PScand *deuzan >) *DeuRē (> the male names RSwe TiuRi, Icel Dýri) (Larsson 2002: 127; Bjorvand & Lindeman 2007 s.v. dyr, Hellquist 2008: 146).
>>
>>5946541
Anything with "*" next to it is a made up germanic nonsense.
>>
>>5946541
>>5946545
>>5946549
>>5946552
Also Lemminkainen, Vainamoinen, and many minor deities are obviously Germanic influenced.
>>
>>5946553
Whatever you say, Piotr.
>>
>>5946546
The burden of proof is on YOU if you're making claims. I don't have to debunk anything because there is nothing to disprove. Your nonsense is indistinguishable from fiction.
>>
>>5946567
>>5946576
Finns have East Euro input, not Germanic one. They have Proto BS and Proto Iranic words that no longer exist. Perkele is nothing more than Baltic and Slav Perkunas. Also PIE thunder chief god. No matter how hard you try, Finns have more in common with Balts than with Swedes.
>>
>>5946379
A yellow hand typed this post
>>
>>5946623
Found the mongoloid SHG swede. Edar subhuman.
>>
>>5946379
/thread
>>
>>5946611
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Category:Finnish_terms_derived_from_Proto-Germanic
>>
>>5946611
>Finns have East Euro input, not Germanic one
They do have Germanic genetic influence but this is irrelevant because mythology can be influenced without genetic influence accompanying it.

>They have Proto BS and Proto Iranic words that no longer exist
They also have 500-1100 Early Germanic loanwords. Meanwhile there are only around 200 Proto-Balto-Slavic loanwords in Finnic.

>Finns have more in common with Balts than with Swedes
A meme pushed by Finns to distance themselves from Swedes and by Slavs who want to associate themselves with high-steppe populations to enhance their steppe larping. Genetically Finns are closer to Balts, but in all other ways they're closer to Germanics.
>>
>>5946652
>on every level except physical finns are balts
>*gets conquered*
>>
>>5946647
Proto Germanic is a made up gibberish. Majority of words have >>5946553
Meaning it's all made up.
>>
>>5946775
>Linguistics is only valid when it suits my biases
Nice job destroying your own argument, brainlet
>>
>>5946775
"*" doesn't mean that a word is made up, just that it is unattested. If Proto-Germanic is "made up gibberish" because of this, then so is Proto-Balto-Slavic.
>>
>>5946791
Proto BaltoSlavic is PIE.
>>
>>5946806
Nope
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proto-Balto-Slavic_language#Development_from_Proto-Indo-European_to_Proto-Balto-Slavic
>>
>>5946806
>if I say something completely retarded they'll think I'm just a troll and will forget about all the retarded shit I just said
>>
>>5946842
I swear Poles have become worse than Turks, except even less funny.
>>
>>5946931
Shut the fuck up antipolonist retatrd
>>
>>5946361
Try and Thor are Tarhun the same god of the Anatolians

The questione is why anatolian Iran N creaturas were wirshiping the dame god as Nordics?
>>
>>5946931
>>5946944
>>5946806
>>5946791
Retards

>The Swedish linguist Strahlenberg and Eastern languages expert Prof. Munthe supports Prof. Sven Lagerbring on his proof about this discovery.

Unfortunately this book is not available in English or Swedish (to my knowledge). You can buy the book which was translated to Turkish from http://www.tulumba.com/storeItem.asp?ic=zBK335988FG570
(it's not surprising this book is not available in English as it changed history of our world in 1764) I also think this book has not been translated to any other language. It can be found in the Royal Swedish library.

>Please keep in mind that most of the things you are taught in your schools are false. And censorship is a very bad thing, wherever it's used on.

>Prof. Sven Lagerbring wrote in his book: "Our ancestors are Turks who are comrades of Oden. We have got enough evidence on this subject. There are people who want to fool you into thinking they are Goths, or Tyrks. I don't care whether it will be discrediting for me or not. Oden and his comrades were Turks."
>>
>>5946944
Fuck Pooles.
>>
>>5946963
Austrilian mongrel
Poland is Christ among nations
>>
>>5946972
I didn't make that post, but he is right :^)
>>
>>5946962
That theory was destroyed ages ago, sorry
>>
>>5946962
>1764
Opinion discarded
>>
>>5947014
>>5947011
That’s not the only link.
Snorri also claimed it.
>>
>>5947015
Some autistic Norwegian wrote a book about that and he was completely destroyed by actual academics.
>>
>>5947026
There is no disputing it. Material cultural evidence proves the Turkish link, as well as linguistic substrata convulugence between Turkish and Nordic runes.

It is totally a political suicide to discuss it in universities, and these are highly politicized fields. That’s why it’s not admitted.
>>
>>5947063
Convergence*
>>
>>5947026
If you read the Germanic Sagas, they are full of Turkish words/titles/people— chiefs of Huns, Cumans, etc. and some Sagas are dedicated to Turkish figures entirely.
>>
>>5947063
Odin was part of the Germanic pantheon well before they came into contact with Turkics, so yes it is bullshit.
>>
>>5947075
No he wasn’t. There is a change in the Nordic religion, and Odin is described as an old man in robes coming from further east-/ a literal Sage (Shaman) who was Deified because of his tremendous magical power. His animals, raven and wolf are core Tengrist symbols that share a continuity with later developments in Germanic religion.
>>
>>5947097
>No he wasn’t
He was. The earliest attestation of Odin is in Tacitus' Germania.
>>
>>5947075
In Turkic mythology there is something called Yaşam Ağacı (Tree Of Life) This tree has 9 branches
In Scandinavian mythlogy, something very similar exists. Yggdrasil. There are 9 cities on this tree.

The two ravens and two wolves of Odin are exact transliterations of a similar figure in Turkic mythology. The crows were named: Hugin (thought) and Munin (memory). The ancient mythic king of Uighurs whose name was "Buku Tegin" (which probably means Prince of Magic or maybe even Prince of writing and/or reading according to my research on Turkic tamga system) can be seen in Turk epics and it's known that he had three crows.
>>
>>5947114
So?
Germanics were in contact with Turkics absolutely by 50AD-100Ad and probably long before.
>>
>>5947114
Odin displaced an earlier god in the Nordic pantheon, if you knew your Germanic religion you would know that. And Tacitus’s era is post Turkish-Germanic contact.
>>
>>5946384
Hard to know exactly, but there seems to have been some cultural exchange between them. In Gylfaginning, Thor is referred to as Öku-Þor, where Öku is likely related to finnish Ukko, another word for their storm god, Perkele.
A Swedish missionary wrote that the Laplanders (Finnic-speaking peoples in northern Sweden but not Finns) worshipped Thor in the 17th century, and they called him Thoregalles.
>>5946467
Aren't Tiwaz-runes commonly found on swords, as a way of calling on him to grant you victory?
>>
>>5947121
That's a total lie.
>>
>>5946379
Based and Slavpilled
>>
>>5947127
>And Tacitus’s era is post Turkish-Germanic contact.
Wrong.
>>
>>5947136
The Nordics themselves=
>All men, that are wise and knows of the truths know that Turks and Asia-men settled in the Northlands. Their language then spread to all lands and the leader of these people were named Odin, that men trace their lineage

They themselves claimed it. In ancient era.

>that is a lie
It’s not. Turkish presence in the Steppe land is attested and Germanics shared borders with Huns long before Atilla entered Roman territory.
>>
>>5946828
>>5946842
>>5946931
Cope. PiE = Balto-Slavs
>>
>>5947003
Do you want me to post your 23nme results from /pol/?
>>
>>5947148
Germanics didn't reach the steppe until the 3rd century and didn't come into contact with Turkics until the 4th century.

Your theory is bullshit and you need to stop lying.
>>
>>5947171
I don't post on /pol/ and I haven't taken a DNA test.
>>
File: 1541644507117.png (214 KB, 709x579)
214 KB
214 KB PNG
>>5947186
Cope. How come Germanics use Turkic letters, sound throatlike mongoloids and have orange/brown skin?
>>
The father of writing in Turkish mythology is named öden ata(father) and he has 2 crows on his shoulders

and genetic research says to us in the scandinavian countries have q haplogroup. q haplogroup mainly created group of turks along with r1a.

Valhalla : there is a paradise land in the turkic mythology that is a called ucmag(flying land) if you gonna die you going to ucmag (pronounced similarly to Valhalla, but u -> v shift is attested in early German as in Ostrogothic).

As for Orkhun Runes. That can be read using Norse Runes, reads as follows=
i am turk born in the sky like a god(similar story with odin, odin come from valhalla and he is sky god.) and my name is Bilge Kagan (meaning is Sintine Leader) also if you reverse bilge word from the gokturk alphabet to viking alphabet scripts that give you two latters like a O and D) then the people in it until the middle of the night in the north are always in my order. he says i am always put the nations in get order.
http://www.azer.com/aiweb/categories/topics/azeri/aboutaz/aboutaz_photos/turkicchart.gif

https://image.shutterstock.com/z/stock-vector-set-of-old-norse-scandinavian-runes-runic-alphabet-futhark-ancient-occult-symbols-vikings-1013725780.jpg

throat singing, by Nordics
https://youtu.be/UuZMmV-ZjcM

Turks https://youtu.be/TsgKnb1E8jA
https://youtu.be/m7Yb1vyDXnc

Also this guy believed it and he was right on his other theories too. People made fun of him for his claim that Polynesians sailed to the different islands of the pacific but he proved it and it is now accepted. His last project was proving the Norse Germanic Turkish link. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thor_Heyerdahl
Until he died.
>>
>>5947191
Yes, you fucking did, you schizophrenic idiot.
>>
>>5947191
I hope you're R1a
>>
>>5947198
Historical facts are cope? Hmm.
>>
>>5947203
He isn't. His daddy was a Polish l2 Dinaric. Now his son is obsessed with shitting on Slavs.
>>
>>5947201
Post them then.
>>
>>5947206
Facts you can't accept. Germanics are product of Mongoloid-Slavo rape.
>>
Should I take a y-DNA test?
I'm Scandi so I could be either I1, R1a or R1b
Where I live it's 52% I1 so that's my guess though.
>>
>>5947219
Cringe
>>
File: IMG_20190110_222117.png (178 KB, 720x797)
178 KB
178 KB PNG
>>5947216
This is who you are, Kowalski.
>>
>>5946373
t. Man currently on a Thuersday
>>
>>5947206
>>5947186
It’s not a fact. This is what some mainstream powerful academics decades ago have said and so you think it’s the be all end all on the topic. It’s not. Lots of standard explanations are based on old evidence or otherwise mistaken.
>>
>>5947220
I presume you're from Geatland, so your odds for minor haplogroups are about
>4% Q
>4% I2
>3% N1c
>2% G2
>1% E1b
>>
>>5947230
Lmao nope
>>
Turkish throat singing=
https://youtu.be/XpLofrwswXA
https://youtu.be/Bv_Q-3x6bxw


Compare this Turkish throat singing
https://youtu.be/VF7Nn69g3H8

To this Germanic Norse throat singing
https://youtu.be/UuZMmV-ZjcM
>>
>>5947258
correct
would be nice to know, but I doesn't feel right to let a company put my genes in their database
>>
>>5947281
Just assume that you're I1. It's what I did and I'm quite satisfied by this.
>>
>>5946361
The rise of Odin seems to be a new phenomenon relatively speaking and the only properly comparable "deity" to Odin in the Indo-European traditions would be Brihaspati, who actually acts as an aid to Indra instead of being his master. The poets in Scandinavia probably liked Odin a lot and elevated his position to replace Tyr.
>>
>>5947260
Sure. This is why you enter every Slavic thread ever and proceed to shit on your own kin. You are mentally ill.
>>
>>5947296
Too bad youre Dinaric l2. Just like your Polish daddy.
>>
>>5947329
I'm only 25% Slaveic, deal with it.

>>5947330
Nope.
>>
>>5947325
Explained here
>>5946467
>>
>>5947325
Wasn't Woden/Wotan the main deity of the English/German pantheons as well?
Also since Tacitus equates the Germanic chief god with Mercury, and dies Mercurii is wednesday, Odin should've become the head of the pantheon around the centuries before Christ or earlier.
>>
>>5947130
>Aren't Tiwaz-runes commonly found on swords, as a way of calling on him to grant you victory?
Not that I know of. Tiwaz stands for law, justice, and order, not victory. Odin is in fact called Sigtýr, god of victory.
>>
>>5946361
The "sky fathers" in the Greek, Roman, and Indian religions, Zeús, (Ju)piter, and Dyáuṣ go back to the PIE word *dyḗws "sky, heaven".

Týr (PG *Tīwaz) goes back to PIE *deywós, the generic word for a god or deity, which is cognate with deus, diẽvas, día, devá, etc.

Týr could also still be used as a common noun in Old Norse, for instance, an epithet of Odin was rúnatýr "god of runes".

It's relatively common for god's proper names to come from common nouns like this, for example, in the ancient near east there were dozens of gods named El, or Baʿal, which meant "god" and "lord" respectively.

So Týr wasn't necessarily ever a sky god.
>>
>>5947341
Roman comparisons tend to have flaws. I do not think that Odin is very Mercury like and if you look at some hymns about Brihaspathi then you will see similarities between the two. Especially the whole hanging from a tree and necromancy part along with Brihaspathi being a warrior-sage.
>>
>>5947336
>only
Lol
>>
>>5947397
I know, it's still bad.
>>
>>5947402
You are dumb as a brick.
>>
>>5947386
Yeah I was referring to
>The poets in Scandinavia probably liked Odin a lot and elevated his position to replace Tyr.
Since he was the most popular one among poets in Germany and England too, the replacement must've happened earlier.
If we assumed that Tacitus referred to Woðanaz when writing about Mercury, then he was the main god as early as 98 AD.
>>
>>5947415
>98Ad
Not that early. Only a few hundred years later the Huns are in Italy.
>>
>>5947437
but Tacitus wrote Germania in 98 AD, and what do the Huns have to do with this?
>>
>>5947341
>>5947386
Odin was thought to be Mercury because he guided souls to the realm of the dead. This shows that perhaps he started as a god of the afterlife before becoming the god of war (given to Tyr as Mars).

>>5947415
The Suebi worshipped Odin as their principal God by the time of Principate.
>>
>>5947442
98Ad is not indicative of early Germanic religion. It is already late era developed. And Tacitus doesn’t even make the matter explicit.
>>
Bump.
https://youtu.be/jM8dCGIm6yc
>>
Bumperoo
https://youtu.be/KjSX-lkj3Ss
>>
>>5946384
Finnish word for heaven is taivas.
>>
https://youtu.be/YeAp1fPt8Eg
Siberian shaman

https://youtu.be/kcBGumAsmxM

Germanic shaman
https://youtu.be/QRg_8NNPTD8
>>
>>5947130
Finns already got the myth from proto-indo-aryans. In Finnish, hammer is vasara. The word vajra can be found in indo-aryan mythology as the magical object carried by Indra related to thunderbolts. Seems they would be related, and that indo-aryns lost the aspect of the hammer and it got turned into a ritual object, while in north Europe the original myth of thunder being caused by a god hammering was preserved.
>>
>>5947586
That's a loan from Tiwaz (Tyr), not Thor.
>>
THOR BLAMED ME, ME. FOR WHAT YOU DID TO MAGNI. MY OWN FATHER, CALLED ME A COWARD.
>>
>>5947636
I never said anything about a myth.

My point is that we can see that Thor is considered to be the equivalent of Ukko/Perkele.
We can also see that the Laplanders worshipped Thor, but his traits and attributes among them are as far as I know unknown.

The idea of a god creating lightning by striking the skies with a hammer (sometimes also an axe) existed as early as the Proto-Indo-Europeans, so some similarities with Indo-Aryans is to be expected.
>>
>>5947889
No. Shiva is an autocthonous god to the Indian subcontinent, worshipped by the Harappans.
>>
>>5947636
Some aspects of Indian indo Aryan religion is also from Central asian turkish shamanism. Shiva in particular.

https://youtu.be/rsxnxUoy71E

Shiva
https://youtu.be/-U0Zt856gfE

https://youtu.be/4TlZWxgWR_A
>>
>>5947908
Turkics spread west as recently as the middle ages, they have nothing to do with this.
>>
>>5947978
Imagine believing that.
>>
>>5947907
>>5947908
>>
>>5946361
They didn't.
Scholars assume they did.
>>
>>5947996
>Imagine believing the Turks even left the Altai mountains before the Gokturks
>>
>>5946382
Of course they are not you massive retard
>>
>>5948029
Gokturks are a conceptual phase in Turkish history already a well developed stage. It’s not the invention of Turks you brainlet.
>>
>>5946496
Odin is copy of slavic Wodin which is other name of Svarog (Aquarius, Uranos)
>>
>>5948044
Already by the Gokturk era, the Tengrist is becoming abstract — and organized in line with logos principle. The Gokturks are the capstone to an era of Turkish history, not the start.

https://youtu.be/-ULm0vhbF6I
>>
>>5948021
https://youtu.be/ey7rBgcX0sQ
Creation-Destruction principe.
>>
>>5947625
>very authentic german shamanism
>>
>>5947415
Ticitus reffered to Triglav because he spoke about Slavs
>>
>>5948077
>schizophrenia.
>>
>>5948111
Shiva’s animal form is originally a “dog” ther assumes increasingly beastly forms including an eight legged deer to defeat the lion man incarnation of Vishnu.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharabha
>>
>>5947996
Its undeniable. Chuvash is the earliest to split from proto-Turkic, and they spread at around 300 AD from the Turkic homeland.
>>
>>5948106
sure he did mateusz
>>
Germanic mythology BTFO'd ITT.
>>
>>5950081
where
>>
>>5946403
Definitely false.
>>
>>5950083
Entire thread is filled with impotent rage of Germanics coping with the fact that their mythos got influenced by Huns and their skydaddy is most likely of Turkic or Iranic origin.
>>
>>5950124
please
get help
>>
>>5950124
>if i say so then it's true
>>
>>5950139
>>5950128
You guys (or gals kek) have done nothing but make snarky comments. You’re done. You’ve been defeated.
>>
>>5950145
whatever you say Bzczygozc
>>
>>5950128
>>5950139
Cope of an australoid slaveshit and a swedish skullfucker.
>>
File: 1544355050094.png (170 KB, 934x2879)
170 KB
170 KB PNG
>this thread
>>
>>5950167
Still no arguments.
>>
>>5950174
saying that everyone else is angry isn't an argument either
>>
>>5950177
You should check your own eyes and get rid of Alzheimer. >>5950167
>>
>>5947186
They came from the steppe..
>>
>>5950595
They didn't. Unless you mean Huns.
>>
>>5947148
XipeTotec spotted. Fuck off with ypur bullshit, Turks are not mentioned because thet are not in Europe at the time. See >>5949498
>>
>>5950675
Turkics were in Europe
>>
>>5950743
They werent. Chuvash is the earliest split, and it came into the area during the early middle ages.
>>
>>5950778
Hunz were Turkic.
>>
>>5946379
Slavs aren’t Sarmatians
>>5946611
The PIE “chief deity” was deus pitar and is only found in Vedic mythology as a literal elemental sky deity and analogized as Zeus and Jupiter
>>
>>5950595
Germanic-Nordids are not from the steppe, even less than celts were. They’re literally heavily WHG-SHG-EEF+ANE, not at all as pure steppe as SW Asians
>>
Slav(e)s seething as they always do i see
>>
>>5951001
Nope

The sky god of the religion was Varuna. Dyaus Pitar was a god symbolizing the dawn.
>>
>>5951023
Austrilian abo you have i2 hahahha go smock some cock hahaha
>>
>>5951537
Not even me, faget.
>>
>>5951537
Not me
>>
*projects*
>>
>>5951519
no he’s literally the king of heaven

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyaus

you don’t know what you’re talking about.

>>5951537
>>5951571
>>5951575
>>5951611
its cool how all these nords produce the lowest quality threads on this board matched only by exceptionally talented slavshit and turkroach shitposting threads.
>>
>>5950124
If that were true, it would be based af, steppenigger-krautnigger alliance when?
>>
>>5951519
Take the Vedas trustness with a grain of sal tho. They were written centuries and centuries later the actual invasion of the indo-europeans

I think than in the original mythology, there was a supreme sky father as an universal entity (Dyaus Pita, Zeusa, Hodin) and a blond men-like war god son of the sky god that was revered as the forefather of the tribe (Varuna, Hercules, Thor)

It's more than plausible than with times some people started mixed the two figures, like in the case of the Greek pantheon, when Zeus gain prominence and Hercules was degrade as a mere "hero"; or in the opposite case a people where the tribal war god took prominence, like in the Vedic Pantheon
>>
>>5951651
Herakles means the "Glory of Hera", so he was most likely some minor deity under Hera at first. Imo Achilles was the hero figure you're talking about.
>>
>>5951682
More than probably, as the Greek mytho took some drastic variation, but i still personally think originally the figures of Achilles and Hercules could have been the same on proto-greek tribes. Hercules shared many similarities with the tribal war-god, like the usage of mace/clubs, killing a giant reptile/snake, a common IE myth, and finally being the son of the sky father. Achilles was also an half god, but from the mother side
>>
>>5951682
>Herakles means the "Glory of Hera", so he was most likely some minor deity under Hera at first
No. He was named Herakles in a vain attempt to appease Hera. Instead she got even madder.
>>
>>5951001
But Sarmatians were Slavs.
>>
>>5951783
Lmao
>>
How come turkish and polish subhumans try to weewuzz away early white culture?
It`s not like they will stop being subhumans today even if all their autistic dreams came true
>>
>>5951783
They were indeed the slaves of the Huns.
>>
>>5951783
>>5951840
Cope. Germanics were slaves of Huns. Slavs and Iranics were valued as warriors.
>>
>>5946441
t. Snorri Sturlason
>>
>>5951836
>white
Not nearly as white as Proto-Slavs.
>>
>>5946361
Odin was Shamanistic Hunter native to Northern Europe, hence why he is at the forefront of European mythology.
Tyr was a remnant from the Steppe
Thor was a remnant from the Steppe
>>
>>5951912
Baldur is also a Satemic name. Odin fits more into Vanir, than steppe Aesir.
>>
>>5951900
Literally the other way around. Germanics were an integral part of the Hunnic forces and Gothic ultimately became the lingua franca of the Hunnic "empire" because of their importance. Meanwhile Slavs were irrelevant slaves of the Huns that weren't mentioned by writers until centuries later.
>>
>>5951904
>steppe admixture = white meme
Cringe, Germanics were and are whiter than Slavs.
>>
>>5951904
Finns have the most Steppe admix and they are phenotypically mongoloid. Care to explain?
>>
>>5951925
Not with orange skin.
>>5951937
They don't. They also have Siberian on top of that.
>>5951922
Cope.

The name Ruthenian (Rutheni) is found for the first time in the old Polish annalist, Martinus Gallus, who wrote towards the end of the eleventh and the beginning of the twelfth century; he uses this name as one already well known. The Danish historian, Saxo Grammaticus (1203), also uses it to describe the Slavs living near the Baltic Sea. These Slavs were already converted to Christianity and the name was probably used to distinguish them from the pagans. The term Ruthenian was well known in the eleventh century and its origin seems to be considerably older. It is said to have really originated in the southern part of Gaul in the time of Charlemagne. When the Huns overran Europe in the fifth century, they subdued the Slavic tribes with whom they came in contact and made them a part of their victorious army. Under Attila's leadership they pressed still farther west, devastating everything in their path, and penetrated into Northern Italy and the south-eastern part of Gaul. In the great battle at Châlons the Christian armies overcame them; a portion of the Huns' forces was slaughtered, but other portions were divided and scattered in small detachments throughout the country, and the greater part of these were the Slavs who had been made captive and forced to join the army. After the death of Charlemagne they had settled largely throughout the land, and their names are still retained in various Latin names of places, as Rouerge (Provincia Ruthenorum), Rodez (Segdunum Rutheni), and Auvergne (Augusta Ruthenorum)

So much for the Rus bullshit.
>>
>>5951944
This is normal, since EHG were literally SIberians.
>>
>>5951944
>Not with orange skin.
Which is caused by fake tan. Germanics with a proper tan turn golden, meanwhile Slaves tan a fucked up greyish-brown colour.

>Cope.
Thanks for admitting that I'm right.

As for the rest
>source: New Advent Catholic Encyclopedia
Cringe.
>>
>>5951952
>Which is caused by fake tan. Germanics with a proper tan turn golden, meanwhile Slaves tan a fucked up greyish-brown colour.
They get red. Like Anglos and Irish. Normal people get red due to sunburn. Shitskins get orange and brown. Begone asstralian subhuman. Your low IQ shittings bore me.
>>
>>5951944
>After the death of Charlemagne they had settled largely throughout the land, and their names are still retained in various Latin names of places, as Rouerge (Provincia Ruthenorum), Rodez (Segdunum Rutheni), and Auvergne (Augusta Ruthenorum)

WE WUZ GAULZ N SHEIT


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruteni
>>
>>5947003
"peripheral Nordic" right, cope boy?
>>
>>5951964
>The Ruteni ("The blond ones") were a tribe of Gaul.[1] They were located in the modern region of Aveyron,[2] and were known as producers of lead.[3]
How can strasserkoterblond shitskin Germanics ever recover. I can't take pangermanists seriously, they call light brown blonde and lie in statistics(Swedes and Dutch)
>>
>>5951961
>t. cavebeast who can't tan or tans a disgusting greyish-brown colour like other Slavs so he avoids tanning
Now I know where your jealousy of the golden Germanic man comes from.
>>
>>5947072
>Huns
>Cumans
>Turkish
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHHHA
you better not be that Australian who has 16% Kazakh blood and thinks hes a turkish steppe nomad.
Literally one saga mentions Attila the Hun and its about two Norsemen took on his personal bodyguard and btfo them
>>
>>5951983
Why are you shilling for shitskin germanics when you are literally a balkan slav?
>>
>>5951982
>Slavs in southern Gaul
Your delusion is pathetic.
>>
>>5951992
Slavs settler everywhere you imbecile. Sardinia. Spain. Portugal. Sicily. Corsica. Crete. You name it. There are traces of East Euros everywhere.
>>
>>5951991
Why do you want my dad to be a Balkan Slav so much, holy fuck. You probably have some sick incest fantasy.
>>
>>5951997
Your hateboner for slavs is unhealthy you fucking idiot. And it was Germanics that were known for sister"loving".
>>
>>5952006
Being a Slaveoid is unhealthy.
>>
>>5952011
Too bad. Slavs beat Germanics in health and strength.
>>
>>5952017
Probably from all those centuries of being bred to be strong so as to perform well as slaves.
>>
>>5952032
I love how you ignore the fact that it was Slavic warlords selling captive Slavs to others. Germans and Norse were assraped daily by Slavs. Slavs even genocided Danes on their own turf.

You fucking immoral scum. I hope you get a stroke some day. I have never seen more obsessed cunt than you.
>>
>>5952058
>I love how you ignore the fact that it was Slavic warlords selling captive Slavs to others. Germans and Norse were assraped daily by Slavs
>what are the Varangians

>Slavs even genocided Danes on their own turf.
The Danes fucked up the Polabian Slavs big time, lol.

>You fucking immoral scum.
How am I "immoral"?

>I hope you get a stroke some day
Don't you think that's a bit much? Maybe you're the immoral one here :^)
>>
>>5951993
Don't forget the blond mummies in Egypt and East China. Without Slavs, mankind would still be shitting in the open.
>>
>>5946441
>>5951901
Snorre only wrote that so the church wouldn't persecute him for writing about pagan gods.
>>
File: 1515441252321.jpg (82 KB, 682x450)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
>enters a normal thread about ancient Germanics
>>
>>5952069
Danes lost 1/3 of population due to king Wizimir and WS pirates. They even used wends as mercs later one, looking at ya Harald Bluetooth.
>>5952073
I wonder how it feels to be butthurt. Because I can provide evidence for Slavic settlements.
>>
>>5952378
jassa.org isn't evidence.
>>
>>5952430
Neither is your asshurt. There are Slavic toponyms and Slavic paternal lines in the places I mentioned. Cope harder, chimp.
>>
>>5952446
>muh toponyms
Sorry but the Jassatard is no linguist, I remember some Poolack on here was spouting Jassa trash about how Pooles had built "Cracow" on the Rhine, but it turned out that it was a Germanic word where "cow" came from "gau". Lmao. I bet 90% of his etymologies are wrong.

>muh paternal lines
Literally irrelevant unless you can prove that the supposed settlers in the locations you mentioned actually spoke Slavic.
>>
>>5952470
It was already proven you abo retard. What the fuck is your actual problem?
>>
>>5952492
Please don't be upset, and no it hasn't been proven anywhere.
>>
>>5952502
Because you say so. And you are a twat that believes Slavs were breathing through straws during Iron and Medieval era.
>>
>>5952502
Jesus. You are really Slavic. Your stuborness only proves it.
>>
>>5952524
>>5952526
I must be missing something, what proof are you talking about? Given that you mentioned Sardinia, Spain, Portugal, Sicily, and Corsica, I'm normally assume that you're doing the classic Slavoid wewuzz by claiming that the Vandals were Slavic, but this would be really retarded so I hope that it's something else.
>>
>>5952555
Wandals = Wends= Venedi
Regnum Wandalorum = Poland
Misica dux Vandalorum = Miesko, duke of the Vandals
>>
>>5952604
Pfffft
>>
>>5952604
>>5952617
Also
>Wandals = Wends = Venedi
Lmao nope, all three words likely have different etymologies. Wend and Venedi could be related, but the Vandals have nothing to do with them.

As for Poland being associated with the Vandals historically, this has been explained numerous times by numerous posters. Stop coping.
>>
>>5952555
M458 and Slavic toponyms
>>
>>5952852
See >>5952617 and >>5952470
>>
>>5952695
Vandals were not Germanic. They originated in Silesia.
>>
>>5952857
I don't give a shit about you. You vendetta ridden ape. Your words mean nothing.
>>
>>5952859
So? Not every Germanic tribe formed in Scandinavia. And Silesia was Germanic land well before it was Slavic land anyway.
>>
>>5952865
Wow, must you be so hurtful?
>>
>>5951622
Post some high quality med threads as examples then
>>
>>
>>5952604
>>5952859
Vandals migrated into Silesia from southern Sweden, assimilating the Celtic Lugii who lived there. The Wends did not live in Poland during this time, it was a mix of Balts, Celts, and during the Iron Age, Germanics. Wend is a German term anyway, not Slavic, referring to any foreign group.
>>
>>5952889
Who was there first? BaltoSlavs or late Iron Age mixed trash?
>>
>>5953297
No evidence. Come again.
>>
File: right here.jpg (359 KB, 1199x875)
359 KB
359 KB JPG
>>5953270
>>
>>5953322
Fuck off, you have no evidence. We have historical attestation and archeology (Przeworsk culture)..
>>
>>5952859
Oh look another retarded Slav(e)shit , you wish they were Slavic . The vandals were Germanic , which is proven by every single historian . You would know this with one quick google search . the Vandals did however enslave you pathetic primitive Slavs , which is why you are named after the term 'slave' .You slavs have no history other than being enslaved , you were enslaved by the Scandinavians , north africans , middle easterners , scythians , sarmatians , the list goes on . Slavs were literally enslaved more than black people
>>
>>5953328
You are worthless. Slavic history dates back to Sredny Stog II. Germanic one starts during late Iron Age. It was gloryfied by american and anglo mutts though. Every educated person knows that EE mythos and legends have more in common with PIE than Germanic ENF nonsense.


Australian partial slavshite. You are on the losing team.
>>
>>5953341
>>5953346
Cope
>>
>>5953362
Germanic history dates back to the Nordic Bronze age , and also there is literally zero evidence of Sredny Stog culture being Slavic , in fact Slavic wasn't even a language in the 5th millennium BC .
>>
>>5953362
Sredny Stog is pre-IE and R1b. It is not even IE, let alone Slavic.
Slavic history begins EVEN LATER than the Germanics, because it originated in the Zarubintsy Culture of the late Iron Age as a mutt of Halstatt and Scytho-Sarmatian influences. Germancs began in the Nordic Bronze Age a full MILLENIUM earlier.
https://indo-european.eu/2017/09/new-ukraine-eneolithic-sample-from-late-sredni-stog-near-homeland-of-the-corded-ware-culture/

>>5953365
Seethe harder
>>
>>5953389
There is zero evidencd of Nordic Bronze Age being Germanic.

Do you want to play this game, you utter fucking retard? I have evidence for Beakers being CWC languageshifters. And you come to me with Nordic Bronze Age. Ahhaha. What a fucking clown. I want to see your face when centum becomes obsolete in PIE question.
>>
>>5953416
Sredny Stog isn't R1b. You iranian-american trash. Your pcas are obsolete. So is your life.
>>
>>5953430
Who hurt you?
>>
>>5953448
Your stupidity.
>>
>>5953421
>>5953430
In awe at the mental gymnastics of Poole haploshit.
>>
>>5953421
Oh really ? Did i hurt your feelings so badly that you had to make a false statement ? Theres plenty of evidence of the nordic bronze age being Germanic . let me guess , you probably think it was slavic LMAO . you slavs claim to be the ancient macedonians . scythians . illyrians . vandals , and many more . It must suck having no ancient history of your own so you have to resort to stealing others . Thankfully im Albanian so i dont have to bother stealing anyones history since mine goes back thousands of years unlike you swamp dwelling slavs that randomly appeard in history in the 8th century A.D
>>
>>5946361
Odin was never popular among most people, he was popular among the nobility and higher classes, Thor was the God of commoners
>>
>>5953270
slaveshits seething . its funny how slavs are so racist against roma even tho the roma have a way longer and more interesting history than them
>>
File: 800px-Tjelvars_grav01.jpg (240 KB, 800x600)
240 KB
240 KB JPG
>>5953421
>There is zero evidencd of Nordic Bronze Age being Germanic.
Yep. Ship burials, axe cults, berserkers, and machetes that carry on in use until the Roman period aren't Germanic at all.
>>
>>5953430
Actually it was R1B , never in a millon years would a seething slav(e) like you accept that tho . BTW Samaritans and Scythiand were Iranian not Slavic . cope .
>>
>>5953505
Not only is there archaeological evidence , but also genetic as well .

>>5953472
Slavs are so desperate to steal other peoples history , they are the literal afrocentrics of europe
>>
>>5953506
Early Sredni Stog was R1a and pre-IE Neolithic hunter-gatherers/early farmers, however late Sredni Stog became R1b as the Indo-Europeans moved in from the Pontic-Caspian steppe. This early R1a has no association with the Slavs except indirectly through Corded Ware expansion much later on, which is the basal culture of all northern European IE groups.
>>
File: nature14317-f3.jpg (79 KB, 528x685)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>5953362
Slavs have more ENF than Germanics though?
>>
>>5953468
>>5953472
>>5953505
>>5953506
>>5953523
Cope
>>
>>5954199
They don't you fucking retard. Poles and Russians have 30/34% ENF. Norwegians and Swedes 36/38%. I don't count Germans since they're 40/46.. just like French and Anglos.
>>
>>5953559
>r1b
>sredny stog in any variation
Imbecile. An actual low iQ imbecile.
>>
>>5954222
Also. EN>>5954222
F among Baltic people can be easily lowered, by simply removing EEF from WHG which dominates in this fucking region. And no, it wasn't a cheddar man. But a pale blue eyed white Baltic person.
>>
>>5954227
https://indo-european.eu/2017/09/new-ukraine-eneolithic-sample-from-late-sredni-stog-near-homeland-of-the-corded-ware-culture/

Eat it, p**loid
>>
>>5954257
>carlos is a source
I feel sorry for you. Stop wasting my time.
>>
>>5954269
>Mathieson et al. (2017)
Kill yourself.
>>
>>5954279
Yeah, but Carlos and his interpretation(or rather straight up lies and fantasy) are wrong.
>>
>>5946361
>Is christian influence to make the most popular god Tyr the son of the capital G god thinkable?
Yes, in fact "Mjölnir" amulets are actually stylised Christian crosses. They replaced the earlier, pagan Hercules club amulets.
>>
>>5955833
>R1bvll destroys R1autist fantasies
Based!
>>
Sredny Stog in Dereivka had several R1b and two I2.
Sredny Stog in Vilnianka and Vovnigi had only I2.
But there is a Mesolithic and an Eneolithic R1a from Ukraine also. Overall, R1b and I2 seem more common in the Ukraine Mesolithic.
>>
>>5956239
Slavs only appear during the middle ages from the bogs of Poland.
>>
>>5956250
If we mean the real Poland in the Pripyet marshes sure.
Poles don't accept that though. They insist they are from Germany originally because they want to be seen as more western than they are.
>>
>>5956239
It appears that R1b and I2 belong to aborigenal matriarchal mommy earth-worshippers while R1a belongs to warlike Siberian sky-worshippers.
>>
>>5953472
>Thankfully im Albanian so i dont have to bother stealing anyones history
Albanians are pretty notorious for WE WUZZing as Illyrians though
>>
>>5956277
Us Albanians are the literal descendants of the Illyrians tho , The Albanian language is the descendant of Illyrian and has has nothing to do with primitive slav(e) talk
>>
>>5953505
No proof these ships burials are germanic
>>
>>5956726
Cope
>>
File: fludd color.jpg (429 KB, 1157x1285)
429 KB
429 KB JPG
What's sad is that literally no one in this thread actually believes in any of the Gods they're LARPing about.
>>
File: strabo2.jpg (267 KB, 1004x878)
267 KB
267 KB JPG
>>5953297
>Celtic Lugii who lived there
Not celtic and not lived there
>>
>>5953297
>Wend is a German term anyway, not Slavic
No, because German language is just hunnization of slavic language, they don't have their own terms
>>
>>5946361
faggot thread
>>
File: Σαρματια 7.jpg (628 KB, 1400x1364)
628 KB
628 KB JPG
>>5953297
>The Wends did not live in Poland during this time, it was a mix of Balts, Celts, and during the Iron Age
Venetoi lived near Oceanus Sarmaticus
https://archive.org/details/claudiiptolemaei01ptol/page/166
>>
File: LHJwjnQR.png (537 KB, 952x620)
537 KB
537 KB PNG
>>5956765
>Venetic ships
>"""""""""""""""""""nordic"""""""""""""
>>
>>5953346
pathetic
>>
>>5957145
You are of course aware that the grave he posted is from Gotland which is white on your map?

Lmao pathetic.
>>
>>5957189
That's why it is a ship burial retard, it shows Slavs got there by ships
>>
>>5957145
>Britanny and England are more Slavic than Czech
LMAO
>>
>>5957211
Cringe
>>
>>5957219
Stupid asstralian.



Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.