[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: JUST.jpg (6 KB, 268x188)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
How far have you tracked your ancestry? And how glorious or depressing their history was? Delight us with your family memes and history

>Mfw my family were nobles dispossed of their titles in 1863 due to being Carlists
>Went to America because fuck it
>then they bought a huge chunk of land in Santiago of Chile that would be worth billions of dollars if sold today. About 20x10km
>Retarded eldest son gave it ALL to the church, it became a cementery and then a enormous shanty town
>in fact that shanty town now has become the most populated municipality in Chile, making impossible to reverse

Life is pain
>>
File: 1546782158737.jpg (39 KB, 480x418)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>5946166
>Most populated municipality
Bajos de Mena? en muerte asalto

Ajajajaja pobre qlo te day puras infulas
>>
>tfw my ancestor fought the father of Pachacutec
Noice.
>>
>>5946166
Traced my family back 600 years. My surname is super rare so it's easy to track. Found a couple of records of them in municipalty and prison archives. We've basically been shitty small time farmers, carpenters and fishermen who have never really done anything since atleast the late middle ages
>>
>>5946253
At least you can trace it that far. Ive only made it till around 1790 and not even on paternal lineage
>>
>>5946243
How?
>>
File: map.png (104 KB, 250x305)
104 KB
104 KB PNG
>>5946303
He is supposed to be buried here.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sillustani
>>
>>5946166
I'm an Old-Stock Yankee. Feels good, man.
>>
Poor Irish farmers that moved to the US and were still poor Irish farmers
>>
Thought we were mostly anglo saxon but sister did some research and DNA testing and we had like 90% scandinavian blood which is kind of a mind fuck cause our families were in the uk for many generations, cant figure out when we came from scandinavia.
>>
>>5946331
Ok, I can't find the arcticle about it, but all his descendants were called like him anyway.
>>
>>5946323
>imagine being this brainwashed in 2019
>>
>>5946166
Mix of dirt poor sicillian farmers, inbred portuguese landlords and some indians sprinkled in between
Really didn’t match my desires for greatness
>>
>>5946323
Fuck of christcuck
>>
File: stanczyk.jpg (331 KB, 753x707)
331 KB
331 KB JPG
>>5946166
For context: I'm Polish.
Mother's side:
>great-grandpa was vice president of some big pre-WWII factory and died in the war
>great-grandaunt survived Auschwitz because she was a slut
>great-grandma was trading rare supplies with the Nazis so they didn't harm her, then lived to be 100 years old and always said the Nazis did nothing wrong
>other great-grandaunt served as a field medic, escaped to the US after war and made a fortune there, came back to Poland after communism fell and lived to be over 100 years old while spending all her money on donations to the church
>grandpa was a genius, served in the SB (Polish KGB), resigned, started a family and died of liver cancer caused by alcoholism before I was born
>granduncle made it to west Germany and became an accomplished violinist and teacher there
>other granduncle is a nazbol boomer who was a treasurer in the polish-soviet friendship society
Father's side:
>great-grandma was a stout anti-semite but once the war broke out she helped Jews by hiding them in her house
>grandpa sold his huge property at a big loss to fuel his addiction, then won a lottery and disappeared for 10 years leaving grandma and my dad, when the money ran out he came back as a homeless bum and roamed the streets of the city until my father found him, forgave him and put him in a nursing home
This turned out much longer than I thought it would.
>>
>>5946166
No idea past 20th century.
>>
Old Stock American and all of my ancestry is from the British Isles though if I go far enough back there seems to be some nobility and possible relation to some royal families but that's pretty common.
>>
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 278x181)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
(1700)
>poorfags
>poorfags
>poorfags
>poorfags
(mid 1800s)
>slightly less poorfags (master of coalhouse)
>slightly less poorfags
>slightly less poorfags
(late 1800s/early 1900s)
>okayish poorfags
(1917)
>ancestor dies in WW1
(1920)
>ancestor dies in Irish War of Independence
>okayish poorfags
>poorfags
(1930ish)
>move to belfast
>poorfags
>poorfags
>poorfags
(1980s)
>grandfather shot by UVF by accident
>poorfags
>now

Can't wait to see all the /his/fags who happen to be from nobility
>>
File: nice.jpg (10 KB, 480x360)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>5946166
>family fear sold all their invaluable land during the great depression like retards
>>
15th century. Nothing particular outside of a tendency to revolt.
>>
>>5946166
I don't anything past when my great great great great great great grandfather gave us our family last name to help hide him and his 5 sons from criminals chasing him down. Our last name was the code name given by the villagers that hid them and is based on a stone stacking game that is similar to jacks. beyond that I think my grandfather knows more but i haven't had the chance to ask him yet.
>>
>>5946851
I don't anything on my mothers side past my grand parents. all I know is that my grandads father was murdered during ww2.
>>
One of my Great (times whatever) Granddads fought and waterloo. And then 20 of my family died in WW1 and 14 in WW2. So thats something,
>>
File: IMG_1785.jpg (33 KB, 366x488)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
My Moms family is Mormon and my Dads is Catholic so I have extensive family genealogy done on both sides.

My Mother's fathers family came over from York in the early 19th century, English converts to Mormonism. They were part of the group who migrated to the great Salt Lake valley with Brigham Young. Eventually my Mom's branch wound up in California in the 40's to work in the airplane factories. We don't know much about my Moms biologically Mothers family (she divorced my Grandad very quickly; he went through a hippy phase as a young man but quickly went back to Mormonism while she wasn't religious.)

My Dads maternal side were Rancheros in Chihuahua and Northern Mexico for a long ass time. Eventually my great-great-great Grandfather legally immigrated to the US in the early 20th century and worked a hotdog cart. His grandson (my grandad), became a factory manager.

My Dads Moms family come from old Irish and German stock from New York. Their family came over in the 1830's. Eventually they wound up in Oklahoma and then became Okies feeling to California in the 30's.

Really I think of my family history on both sides as being Western. We were cowboys, ranchers, farmers, and pioneers, on the frontier. I've got ancestors who fought in nearly every American conflict and probably a good deal of Spanish and Aztec blood to boot. It's a pretty based legacy to be born into desu.
>>
>>5946351

Fucking Danelaw bitch!
>>
One side are Catholics from Belfast. Half of my grandparents' generation immigrated to NYC, half stayed there. Came to U.S. in late 1950's.

Other side are Irish Catholics who originally emigrated to Canada in the 19th century. Only intermarried with other descendants of Iris immigrants. Immigrated to NYC during Great Depression.

Somehow I look like a Jew
>>
>>Retarded eldest son gave it ALL to the church, it became a cementery and then a enormous shanty town
TOP FUCKING KEK
The Catholic church really know how to swindle millions out of stupid people.
What is even funnier is that most often, when these Catholics leave property to the church it is because they are awful people who have disowned their families (hence why they leave their inheritance to the church) and these awful people simultaneously think that in doing so they will be forgiven for being the awful people that they are.
>>
Mum's side: Middling farmers/tradesmen from various parts of England

Dad's side: Same, except mixture of Scottish/North Irish/Cornish with a bit of Polish. He we wuzzes a bit about the Scottish part (family name comes from a minor Border family, not even one of the famous ones in the ballads)
>>
>>5947324
93% Irish according to an online DNA test and I look Jewish too.
>>
>>5947408
>>5947324
>jew, moor, iberian, celt mutt
somehow I look brittish, green eyes and pale skin, had frekkles when I was a kid
>>
>>5946166
>Dad's family were Catholic Anglo-Saxon English nobles in Suffolk
>lost titles and lands to prots
>sailed across the pond on Mayflower
>shit tons of us in Boston area, Ohio, and Detroit
>my generation is first to grow up in the south
Don't know anything about my mom's side
>>
>>5946166
Romanian here.
>poorfag sheperds on fathers side. Large amy,All males fought in WW1 and WW2, all of them returned home unscathed.Everyone still a poorfag to this day.
>mothers side. Large family with cossack ancestry, literally everyone weaseled out of going to war, all of them made money . Communists came, took some of the money, couldn't find the gold and jewellery. I currently have two uncles who are multimillionaries in Euros, however I dont think they would give me a cent even if I would beg them.
>>
>>5946351
Anglo-Saxons are 100% Scandinavian though.
>>
>>5947344
Same shit in the orthodox church. One old bitch was dying and gave the church 300 hectares of forest and meadows in the mountains to the church, and money to build a sanatorium for children and old people. The priest took the money, bougjt a splendid sign that said Sanatorium, and built a fucking sheep farm.
>>
Fathers side a bunch of Swedish speaking finn farmers, Didn't have big farms or anything, Just farmers. Some people went to USA, One even went to south africa. after leaving he sent one letter asking for booze money then we never heard from him. Mothers side is just a bunch of snobby middle class people so i never bothered asking about her side.
>>
>>5946166
Germanfag here
>maternal side comes from east prussia. Great-grandmother fled with her children from a town near Königsberg back to the fatherland to not get killed by the red army in '45. Don't know much about my grandfathers family, only that they were from west prussia and my great-grandfather was in the SS. In the 50s he served a couple of years in the legion etrangere but I don't know if he has seen any combat. As far as I know he was one of the biggest assholes ever. Unfortunately nobody from my grandparents generation lives anymore, so its kind of hard to find out more about that side.
>Maternal side. My grandmothers family is originally from silesia. They were called Szymanski and later germanized it to Schimanski. They emigrated to the Ruhr Valley to work in the coal mines in the 1920s. Don't know anything more because she died before I was born and we never really had contact with her family. My grandfather was born in East Germany after the war. He fled from the commies to the west when he was in his early 20s and met my grandma over here. I dont know much about that side either since we never really had contact with them and they are both dead. I apparently still have a huge family in Mecklenburg though.

Unfortunately I dont know that much about my ancestors. Its kind of hard to track my moms side down because a lot of documents were lost, nobody out of my grandparents generation lives and also the whole family history is a bit complicated and weird. I only have a couple of old pictures and a few stories my great-grandmother told my mom when she was younger.
>>
>>5947657
I obviously meant paternal side...
>>
>>5946166
I have names and dates to 1720 (thats when we started keeping modern records)
I know the clan and my father's DNA test matches their history, the family is recorded in the Annals of the 4 Masters in the 1200's, that actually turned out to be how i fixed a gap in the historical record.
We can look back into prehistoric times and have the names as far as biblical Adam. Probably inaccurate but I couldn't care less.

We came from Spain 2.5k years ago and have lived within 100 miles.

My Dad managed to amass a small fortune and buy alot of small farms, by chance my mother can trace her family by name back to the 1500's and before that the histories of both my parents link together.

Im about 95% gaelic and 5% French (decent people) and we've not been as wealthy for 400 years.

Delighted.
>>
File: 1547137543161.png (1.84 MB, 1918x1073)
1.84 MB
1.84 MB PNG
>>5946166
I only know mine back to my great grandparents. The ones I know of were
>Cabinet maker
>Shipyard riveter (and completely fucking deaf because of it)
>Delivery boy for a fishmonger
>Cook
Then my grandparents
>Factory worker (packing soap)
>Sailor in the merchant navy
>Electrician
>Clerk
TL;DR: I am a pleb from a lineage of plebs.
How can I go back further? How did you guys research your family history?
>>
>>5946166
>Paternal grandfather
Old Scots-Irish blood, came here from Ulster in the early 1500s, originally settling in Pennsylvania. They were Quakers originally but at some point my line began enjoying alcohol too much, became Baptists and they moved west into what would become Kentucky, where they started a new farm with slave workers. They went more west to New Mexico after the Civil War ended so that they could exploit sharecroppers instead. When the government bought the entire farm from them, my grandfather moved out and became a successful industrial chemist.
>Paternal grandmother
Nothing is known earlier than her own grandparents. From word of mouth they believes themselves to be Irish and Danish, which turned out to be correct when an uncle got genetic testing done. Poor-as-dirt sharecroppers for many generations but my grannie's father was a machinist. She met my grandpa at church.
>Maternal grandfather
100% German and the side of the family where we last gave up a second language. He did a lot of research himself and discovered that his side came from Saxony, and that at least a couple of the male ancestors were tradesmen, and one of them owned a pub (my great-great grandfather). The geneology goes back to the early 17th century. Left for America shortly before WW1 and after being processed in Michigan and living there briefly, moved to the Bronx (apparently on one of the nicer Jewish streets). Crime and other things had him move to Florida.
>Maternal grandmother
She larps and claims to be a direct descendant of Harald Hardrada, which I proudly believed in as a kid, but it's pretty clear that was bullshit. A mix of poor Norwegians and poor Swiss, they settled in the upper Midwest before moving further west, all the way to Montana, and bought a lot of very cheap land. Pretty poor at the time and apparently some branches were abusive and had 20 kids per family, but they got lucky when the government bought the land at a premium which let them branch out.
>>
File: y-tho.jpg (48 KB, 650x640)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>5946506
>great-grandma was a stout anti-semite but once the war broke out she helped Jews by hiding them in her house
>>
File: american soldier.jpg (205 KB, 780x840)
205 KB
205 KB JPG
>>5946166

My great-grandfather was an extremely racist white Southerner who met a 15 year old Jewish refugee girl from Poland and got her pregnant within a month. Came from a line of planters who all served in the Confederate Army and lost everything in the war so go figure.

Great-grandmother was a Jewish girl from Poland who was put on a Kindertransport out of the country mere months before the German invasion. Idk that much about her family except that they were religious and all but one (a little brother she didn't even know about until after the Cold War) died in the Holocaust. She was also kind of a proto-gun nut from the 70s onward.

Grandfather could speak Polish thanks to his mother and served in some PSYOPS unit in Germany during the Vietnam era. He's also a massive prude from a childhood of trauma from listening/seeing his nymphomaniac parents having sex in just about every place from the front seat of their car to the bathroom of a truckstop.

Other grandfather is an alcoholic Vietnam vet who I've met like three times.

Both of my grandmothers are pretty boring desu.
>>
Great grandparents:
carpenter, stone mason, Russian army officer

Grandparents:
Plumber/electrician and concrete worker

Parents:
Medical doctor and accountant

Sister: medical doctor
Me: studying to be a medical doctor

AFAIK all of the women were housewives until my parents' generation.

t. Burger
>>
>>5946166
My ancestors were Jews living in a town near Kiev. Most of them left in the late 19th century, fearing the pogroms. My family moved to the United States, I do know of some distant relatives in Brazil and Israel though. No idea what they did before moving here but they must have been wealthy, as they were able to buy a sizable plot of land for a farm in Upstate New York as soon as they got here. The farm eventually became a trailer park, until the government seized it through eminent domain in order to build a highway.
>>
The furthest back I could go was an ancestor who was born near Paris in 1543
>>
>>5946166
From peasant and soldier iberian mutt stock here, with some english and native thrown in
>>
>>5948375
I guess she wanted them deported to Madagascar and not gassed? I don't know. Tragedy happens and people change.
>>
>>5948750
chicANO
>>
>>5946166
I stopped at Elvis because that should be good enough for anyone.
>>
>>5946166
I had this alcoholic great uncle who became obsessed with proving our lineage to French royalty so he could go around his city and have people refer to him as a duke. In reality I think I'm related to some royal bastard that got sent off to England to hide the scandal who then became a normal dude. The uncle just kept trying to prove that he wasn't a bastard and was sent to England apart of some coup to keep him out of power.
>>
>>5946166
Long line of TVRK BVLLS right back to AtVLLA the HVN
>>
Typical Anglo-Irish family, Irish dad & English mum.

Irish side was pretty rich, split between unionists and nationalists. Great-grandparents house blown up by youths LARPing as IRA cos great grandad good at rugby, muh english sports. Great Uncle was nationalist & facist, joined Eoin O’Duffy’s racist volunteer force to help Franco. Pic related.

On mum’s side, great grandad was black & tan. Grandfather was fisherman & helped out in merchant navy at Dunkirk.
>>
File: 1597324096316.jpg (625 KB, 687x1117)
625 KB
625 KB JPG
>>5948465
I can't tell if you're joking or not
>>
>>5950735
First thing that came to my mind
>>
im 14/16 danish 1/16 german and 1/16 swedish and my entire family has just been peasants without anything special
>>
member of dutch nobility, own an epic castle
>>
>>5946166
Similar to my family. My ancestor owned a bunch of land and converted to Mormonism. Because none it's his kids followed him he gave all the land to the Mormon church and they built a graveyard on the site
>>
>>5946166
>Great Grandfather was offered the Ballpoint pen patent by Biro himself
>he declined it
JUST
>>
>>5946351
If you're from places like Orkney, Shetland or an inbred village in East Anglia, that sounds like it's to he expected
>>
>>5946166
My paternal grandma's parents were born on an island between Denmark and Norway and were involved with the church. My grandpa's family was mostly German and Native Miami. He grew up in Chicago and saw the gangsters shooting and killing each other all the time. My aunt said that he said it was common for the Italian mobsters to kill black gangsters working on their "turf" and then hang them from a noose at the railway yard. From what I heard of him, he had some other stories like that.
>>
>>5946527
>Old Stock American and all of my ancestry is from the British Isles
No German or Dutch?
>>
>>5946351
Vikings and Jutes, m8
>>
>>5951138
Nicer than the chinks. They used make blacks disappear if they walked into Chinatown. At least these people would be buried
>>
>>5947565
Germanic and Scandinavian aren't the same thing.
>>
>>5946166
I haven't tracked my ancestry, but I know I'm going to die a usless fuck because my ancestors were sub saharan fucks who didn't do shit. Plus, the avrage IQ for blacks is pretty low. Fuck me.
>>
>>5950699
>house blown up by youths LARPing as IRA cos great grandad good at rugby, muh english sports
Was that a thing? Irish Nats going ape over "English sports"?
>>
>>5951181
If it makes you feel better, am white but my ancestry is entirely inbred Scots who lived on the same island for millenia and were illiterate until the early 1900s
>>
>>5946166
I'm the descendant of a famously violent Irish rebel called red Maguire and also possibly one of St.Patricks followers
>>
>>5951172
He also saw the mob gunning down a member of the opposing Irish mob on the way to school. The buildings he passed had bullet holes on them and that really stuck with him all those years. My paternal grandma was a tomboy who used to beat up the boys all the time and when she was older went to the bar that had the famous "cursed goat" of the Chicago Cubs. The owner gave her a box to hold and it had soot on the side and she whipped it all over her face. That was one of his gags - the goat's owner was a prankster.
>>
>>5947344
The Catholic Church should be destroyed
>>
File: 20171211_023408.jpg (1.3 MB, 3264x1836)
1.3 MB
1.3 MB JPG
4-5 generations at most, got a great great grand father on my paternal side that was a steward for a russian noble family in St Petersburg and thus lived in Russia for half of his life (my family and he were French though). And of course he still was there during the revolution of 1917 and had to travel all the way to Sebastopol to try and catch a boat to flee the country, and it took him the better half of a year to do so. But sea travel routes were rather limited at the time so his only option was to travel all the way to Buenos Aires by going through the canal and around all of Africa, and from there to go back to France to Bordeaux. As he was already old (in his 50s I believe), the long trip back home really weakened him and after he finally reached destination in early 1920, he died shortly 2 months after. Pic rel is a medal of his engagement with his wife who died in child birth.
>>
>>5947344
>>5951250
seething
>>
>>5951117
I know the feel.
>My great-grandfather was offered the patent for penicillin by Ian Flemming. He declined and settled for a blow job instead.
JUST... the bullshit people spread whilst expecting to be taken seriously.
>>
>>5946166
American
I'm a mix of Norwegian immigrants to the black hills in the Midwest mixed with German/English immigrants to the same area, mostly Minnesota and the Dakotas. Everyone came in the mid to late 1800s and were farmers or average laborers I guess, don't really know.

The trail disappears up to around 1800, except for one line I recently learned more about. That line is from a British side, which goes back to people who lived in the original American colonies in the Massachusetts, Connecticut, and New York areas. Plus one random person from Canada. But the Massachusetts and Connecticut family is part of a famous noble family originally from Scotland.
I've also come to find out it's one of the same families the current British royal family is partially related to. So that single line of ancestry goes back until around the 1200s I believe, and makes me something like 16th cousins with those rich assholes always on the TV. I also found out that same family were slave-owners.
>>
>>5951412
>famous Scottish nobility
>Partially related to the Royals
You a Stuart, Nigga?
>>
>>5948262
If your family are or were protties, you are most certainly fucked, they sucked at record keeping
>>
>>5951117
I wonder how many ancestors fucked up opportunities like this
>>
>>5946166
Very damn far, to the point that it has been figured out that my mom and dad are 26th cousins approx.
>>
>>5951244

The Billy goat tavern
>>
>>5951835
To clear things up my dad has ancestry from the House of York and my mom House of Lancaster. Those are cadet branches of the same family, the House of Plantagenet. On both sides they left England early in the War of Rose. Dads side left for Scotland and my mothers for France.
>>
>>5951226
Dunno how common it was, but rugby def associated w ascendant class, even tho family were straight Irish Catholic. Just some rebel wannabes looking for clout
>>
>>5946166
I’m the descendant of an officer in Cromwell’s army. He got hanged drawn and quartered after the restoration and his son fled to South Carolina. On the other side of my family is an officer in the Continental Army who was at Valley Forge but I have no idea what ultimately happened to him.
>>
>>5946166
Many of my ancestors fought during the great northern war on the swedish side, the most interesting ones were the ones that were caught by Russia and held prisoner in siberia. They joined up with the cossacks there and lived and fought among them as cossacks for many years. My ancestor eventually went back to Sweden though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ural_Swedes
>>
>>5952630
Oh yeah and a bunch of them were a part of this noble family until the late 1700s or something https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Von_Rohr
>>
tracked my family ancestry back to my uncle who was gulag'd in soviet times for saying beer was bad
>>
Dads side
>great grandfather blow to pieces
>grandfather blown up but survived
>father born right before revolution in my country
>escaped to austria
>some officers fuck with him
>escaped to france
>again officers fuck with him
>goes to USA and gives up info on soviets
Mothers side
>grandma has knighted and noble name (not gonna specify)
>grandfather is an inventor/engineer/
>worked for soviets while hating them
>mother born towards the end of communism
>fails out of school
>works for newspaper and does well
>regime change
>dad comes back to country
>>
File: 1546037813629.jpg (527 KB, 1754x1240)
527 KB
527 KB JPG
>>5946166
Paternal side
>french peasants from the vadee moved to Quebec in 1663
>married into the natives greatgrandmother is mickmac, granddad is black Mexican.
>one cousin became a provincial governor

Maternal
Jewish plantation owners in the Caribbean married and freed some of their slaves

>by the time of my great great grandmother we lose the jewish last time and gain an anglo one.

>great grandfather is Irish seems to had a thing for non white women as he left a black and Indian(as in the loo) family in the Caribbean and left another family in Nigeria.

>but he left us a shit ton of land which made us solidly upper class until i was about 10 by which time we sold all our land to pay off debts.

> as a kid always told i would be going to oxford

>mfw i am 22 proletariat and in a shitty community college
>>
>>5946351
It's likely someone got cucked. Something like 5-10% of children just these days are born to different fathers. It would have been a lot higher before contraception. Tracing your family name back is a meme it's statistically improbable your paternal line didn't get fucked after a few hundred years
>>
>>5952803

>mother born near the end of communism

Wtf how old are you, your mother was born in the late 80’s?
>>
On my paternal side I am a direct relative of Napoleon. After 1815 we laid low and Americanized our names.
>>
>>5946323
>Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies

He was talking to the jews who still held value to their jewish ancestry and traced it's lineage, he wasn't saying you shouldn't be aware of your ancestry,just that it holds no spiritual value.
>>
>>5946166
Im white
>>
>>5955722
ive met you before
>>
>>5946166
Father side
>Great grand father was a poor rice farmer during the Showa era and he was forced to join the IJAS as the war is ending bad for Japan. due to massive propaganda about the Kamikaze squadron he hated the fact of dying that it was somewhat a blessing that he joined the land army, except he later find out that he was going to be assigned on a suicide boat for coastal beach defense of kyushu by ramming a naval transport and fusing a bundle of anti-tank grenade in the boat. he decided to break his arm and avoid service and somehow he made it.
>Great grandmother also a poor farmers except it was nothing to do with rice.
>Other great grand father was a Kempeitai except station in Hokkaido and i heard that he was killed when he was sent to defend the outer island against the soviets
>other great grand mother belongs to a noble family that belongs to the prefecture government of Nagoya and after husband passed away decide to move back to Hokkaido and raise children.

Mother side
>Just poor
>>
File: nordslesvigere.jpg (58 KB, 550x390)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>5946166
My family has a deeply rooted military history, to the point where we "allegedly" had our own crest granted.
>Large parts of my family served during both the Three Year War and the continuation in 1864
>Later during the first world war a lot of them saw service in the German army on both the Eastern and Western front through forceful conscription
>During the second world war a member of my family was an intelligence officer and sent early warning of the German invasion, the government didn't react though so they came relatively unopposed

Apparently the military service goes further back than the 1800's (some said the 1600's), but I haven't been able to find any proof of it so I won't take it as true until then.
>>
Paternally:
Grandad was mecklenburgian chad, renowned for his sense of humour and unironically being a ladies man. Got drafted in ww2, had a picture where he photographed a firend of his with the caption "the bombstorer and his loeved ones" where the guy was holding anti tank shells". In the end of the war he fled to western germany where he met my grandma they married but he changed from the war and was not talking much anymore. My grandma was from a lower class family in hesse. She was normal i would say, but my father said she was a house tyrant.

maternal side: Grandfather was sudentendeutscher - german living in czechia. his father were hard working farmers with many sons. When the war came they were drafted but grandpa was too young. 2 of his brothers died in eastern front. Especially one of his brothers got killed after the war ended by partisans. he still gets teary talking about this today. They got evicted by communists and czech neighbors that they were friends before just went into their house whilke they were there and taking their belongings. Then he moved to hesse where he met my grandmother. He is a really nice guy that worked in factories wihtout any protection and now has some health issues. But he built huge as fuck house himself and my mom said he was a really nice compassionate father.
>>
File: autistic shrieks.jpg (106 KB, 1000x1008)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>>5950735
>>5950789

I wish I was... But I ain't.

It feels really fucking weird to basically be the genetic result of the pregnant Confederate Anne Frank meme fetish. Especially given that my great-grandfather probably had a preggo fetish himself (grandpa was going through his dad's things after he died and found a box full of homemade porn, a lot of which were pics of his mom when she was pregnant with him).
>>
>>5956084
Where at?
>>
I come from a small farmer town in South America that was run by about 6 or 7 families that nearly all come from the Canary Islands so I'm pretty fucking inbred. Not rich though I've got lots of rich distant cousins.
>>
Russian Jew here.
Virtually all of my ancestors were poor villagers in Ruthenia during the imperial period.
During the revolution some fought for the communists and some fled to Brazil.
Great grandfathers fought in WW2.
One vanished without a trace during the chaos of 1941, another survived the siege of Leningrad.
>>
>>5946166
American, so everything should be taken with a grain of salt. I know far more about the individuals who lived in America after 1800 than anything prior to that.

There is a book written about my mother's paternal line that describes a long history in northern Scotland beginning with a Norwegian Jarl of Orkney, Thorfinn Skullsplitter. It seems after that they moved south to Caithness, intermingled with the native Scots and did nothing of note till settling in Tennessee in the early 1800s.

My mother's maternal line claims to have come from Switzerland, but the names they use to claim Swiss heritage are all in their Anglicized form so it's impossible to tell. Through them I was certified a "Tenth Generation American" as a child -- they must have come here early, whoever they were.

There is virtually nothing known about my father's family. His father claimed that his grandfather came to America from France, but no one alive today ever met him. My paternal grandmother did a DNA test last year and seems to be bog-standard English (with the obligatory 1% New Guinean they toss in to confuse old people).
>>
>>5951434
The family is called Lyon.
>>
File: Einatzgruppen A.jpg (49 KB, 1160x500)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>5956852
>Russian Jew here.
>Virtually all of my ancestors were poor villagers in Ruthenia during the imperial period.

How the fuck does your family line even still exist?
>>
>>5948375
I imagine that you could not like a group of people, while also not liking the idea of them being straight up exterminated
>>
>>5958583
Alot of them did perish.
My family was smart enough to escape to Siberia and Uzbekistan
>>
>>5951174
Angles, Jutes, and Saxons all originate from Jutland and Schleswig-Holstein.
>>
>>5946166
For the last 300 years my family were either farmers, crofters or general labourers until my grandparents with both sides of the family moving into to cities to work in factories etc.

So, a very boring family history.
>>
Family lore said my dads side were Greek land owners who owned a relatively large island near Turkey. They fled some time in the late 1800s for an unknown reason to the middle east. I think it's bullshit but it's one of those things that pops up at Christmas or whenever people start thinking about my grans will.

Mums side are standard Anglo working class northerners

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.