[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Why did it fail? Could anything realistically have been done to save it?
>>
Serbs. No.
>>
File: tito debts.jpg (85 KB, 674x856)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>
>>5774044
Forcing multiple cultures that don't like each other to live under one government doesn't end well when one group has an issue with another group
>>
>>5774123
Is almost like multiculturalism is bullshit
>>
>>5774240
Yes, that is what I am insinuating.
>>
File: 1543360406802.jpg (11 KB, 360x360)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>5774240
>>5774245
Switzerland does just fine.
>>
>>5774044
Deliberately destroyed by USA. Read Parenti.
>>
>>5774044
Kingdom stays around, more solutions like the banovina of Croatia but for other ethnicities, more focus on a united identity regardless of religion etc.
>>
>>5774774
And Serb and Croat fascism
>>
Croats. No.
>>
>>5774834
Tuđman meets the Horthy and Mussolini criteria; exceeds Franco Salazar and Pinochet
>>
>>5774760
Language =/= ethnicity
>>
>>5774044
debnt
>>
>>5774760
Well, yeah, it's not a multicultural nation
>>
>>5774852
>>5774856
>Switzerland is a monoculture
This is your brain on /pol/.
>>
>>5774895
It is. It has Swiss culture, people are multilingual within that society. It's not multicultural.
>>
>>5774054
>imagine unironically believing this
Commies are dumb.
>>
>>5774909
>"Swiss" culture is a single, national culture
>>
But they did live together for half a goddamn century. More than enough time to erase any hatered between them. What actually caused the downfall was tito's death and no one to take his place. Then Slobodan attempting to make greater Serbia, which only then started to piss people off. I blame the whole wars on him.
>>
>>5774921
It literally is you retard. You tried to show what you had concluded was the sole example of a multicultural society working out throughout all of history and it blew up in your face. Feel free to stop posting any time.
>>
>>5774931
>He used one example, so that means it's the only example
>>
>>5774945
We're all waiting for you to post an actual example of a multicultural society that isn't a third-world shithole or on the path of being torn apart back into multiple ethnostates.
>>
>>5774959
A u s t r a l i a.
>>
>>5774976
>a nation that is well-known for the "fuck off we're full" ethnonationalist sentiment
>a nation where the chinese immigrants constantly complain about how they're not treated as equals (but they don't actually want to assimilate anyway, they just want the sympathy)
Based retard
>>
>>5774959
Literally Switzerland, you mong. The 26 cantons are extremely diverse in their traditional cultures. Read anything that isn't an infographic.

Other states that were successful while being multicultural include Great Britain, France, Spain, Germany, Italy, Russia, the Ottoman Empire, the United States, the Roman Empire, the Abbasid Caliphate, al-Andalus, and China. Multiculturalism has never been the problem, you brainlet.
>>
>>5774240
> multiculturalism
Ex-yu are virtually indistinguishable from one another
>>
>>5774979
I’m sorry cunt but assimilation isn’t multiculturalism.

Also fowf is restricted to a smaller portion of the population than the greens vote. We may as well call Australia FULL COMMUNISM on that basis.

Calling Australia an ethno-national entity is pretty fukken suss
>>
>>5774988
>posts a bunch of third-world shitholes known for ethnic tensions
bravo, you really can't do it, can you?
>>
File: img.png (1.59 MB, 1008x760)
1.59 MB
1.59 MB PNG
>>5774984
>Multiculturalism has never been the problem, you brainlet
It's literally always been the problem retard. The human species will never escape the tribal instinct that was instilled inside of us through millions of years of evolution. You're pulling shit out of your ass listing countries that are either not multicultural or experience regular ethnic tensions.
>>
>>5774995
You can't be too hard on that shithole. America is actually the world's latest case study on why the civic nationalism/multiculturalism meme only leads to destruction. It will either split apart in a civil war or continue its descent into Brazil 2.0 shithole status.
>>
File: 1446669056317.png (235 KB, 500x458)
235 KB
235 KB PNG
>>5774991
>heh look guys I'm actually a real aussie and I know what I'm talking about just look at my blatant overuse of stereotypical aussie slang, that's how you know I'm a real aussie!
>>
>>5774996
>England, Ireland, Wales, Scotland all the same culture and experience ethnic tensions
>Languedoil and Languedoc the same culture and experiences ethnic tensions
>Spain is a monoculture and experiences ethnic tensions
>German federal states don't have their own unique cultures and traditions and experience ethnic tensions among Germans
>Northern and Southern Italy the same culture and also ethnic tensions
>Tsarist Russia experienced ethnic tensions

I don't even need to run down the whole list. /pol/ has lied to you and you believe them because the alternative is that you are a failure of a human who can't compete with foreigners.
>>
>>5774986
Even worse: different enough to have the instintive superficial hate, AND close enough to know well each other and hate as deep as "brothers", just like Poles and Ukraines, Hungarian and Romenians, ect.

Regarding Op question: multicultural states are bound to be more instable, but a good rappresentation of most of the ethnicities could have help it's stability: sadly both the monarchy and the commies were dominated by serbs (Tito was croatian, but largery pro-Serbia), who considered the state first and foremost "Serbian", in their eternal quest to laarping as the Russians of the Balkans: so resentment among all others was doomed to cause havok
>>
>>5775016
If there is an environment where the natives struggle to compete with foreigners, that's actually an example of multiculturalism not working
>>
>>5775004
No mate that’s how you know I’m from dubbo.
>>
>>5775016
As i said above, sometimes you have major hate against a people you can considered "cousin" or "brother" to your, rather than some other exotic population you barely knew anything. After all, you can truly personal hate only something (and someone) you know well
>>
>>5775021
The natives don't struggle with foreigners, a few of the natives experience the setbacks that everybody experiences in life and instead of learning from them and doing better they blame multiculturalism and continue to be a failure until they're too far gone to compete with their peers.
>>
>>5775026
What does that have to do with the examples of successful multiculturalism that I've posted?
>>
>>5775016
>take a society that already has the occasional ethnic flareup/tension between people of relatively close cultures
>import third-world shitters from entirely alien cultures
>this is fine, making things even worse makes perfect sense everybody will just love each other in the end for no reason
>>
>>5775037
You didn't post a single example of a successful multicultural state, you rattled off a bunch of nations that experience cultural tensions and are moving toward far-right militarism as a result
>>
>>5775022
Ey, the old bank is tops
>>
>>5775037
>Successful
>What is tension in northen Ireland and Scotland
>Languedoc culture basically no more exists anymore
>Lol "no tension" between Castillian and Catalans, sure mate
>German are an unique case, they always tought of themselves as a only one people
>Trust me, most here in north Italy still consider the southerners as subhumans (not me). Simply they have biggest hate priority atm
>True, in fact ALL parts of former Tzarist Russia now are united and hap...oh crap

You posted a joke list mate: or they are first world countries, so rich enough to mitigated (but not remove) the ethnic tensions, or straight up wrong examples
>>
>>5775066
You kind of have to lie and make shit up to pretend that multiculturalism can work at this point. The track record is pretty plain to see.
>>
>>5775044
Every one of those examples were multicultural long before their respective apogees. It's shameful that you post on a history board but have no knowledge of it.
>>
>>5774044
They could've prolonged its existence with reforms as late as 90/91 for at least a while but Serbian communists did not want to hear any of it.
>>
>>5775066
>Religious/political tensions are ethnic tensions now
>Languedoc culture ceased to exist after French dominance waned
>Castillan/Catalan tension is not ethnic in nature
>Northern/Southern Italian tensions are economic, not ethnic
>/pol/ack conflates historic examples with the modern successor state
Imagine my shock that Germany is /pol/'s only exception.
>>
>>5775016
>England, Ireland, Wales, Scotland
The UK was spared a de facto breakup by a measly 400,000 votes. I guarantee you if they redid that referendum it would have gone the other way.
>>
>>5774044

This video explains it all:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg79R5jopj8&t=590s
>>
>>5775162
Not only is that a non-ethnic issue, it is irrelevant to the context. Great Britain was multicultural before it was a Great Power, and it has not experienced the kind of violent disintegration that /pol/ lies about.
>>
>>5775149
>Every one of those examples were multicultural long before their respective apogees
Yeah, and they didn't reach their apogees until they decided to assimilate together and form one unified people. Then they started to fall apart when they were (((convinced))) that importing people into their nations who made their own lands a mess was a good idea.
>>
File: 1518951063232.gif (631 KB, 500x493)
631 KB
631 KB GIF
>>5775213
>Yeah, and they didn't reach their apogees until they decided to assimilate together and form one unified people.
>>
>>5775219
>if I post a brainlet wojak I'll look like I'm the smart one even though I have no actual argument
Literal NPC post, not surprising in the slightest given what you're attempting to argue in favour of
>>
>>5775226
>He fell for the NPC maymay
When are you going to read a book, my dude?
>>
File: Easter Rebellion.jpg (51 KB, 620x330)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>5775202
>Not only is that a non-ethnic issue
How is it not? It was heavily drawn along ethnic lines, primarily due to Scotland's own political and economic concerns.
>Great Britain was multicultural before it was a Great Power
Right, and that directly led to the massive shitshow in Ireland over the past century or so.
>it has not experienced the kind of violent disintegration that /pol/ lies about.
Excuse me? What the hell would you call pic related other than violent disintegration? Also
>All ethic conflict has to end in violent civil war
>>
>>5774044
>Why did it fail?

The reason why the Caucasus failed. Rocky and mountain-y terrain which makes people with very insular mentalities
>>
>>5774760
That's what some british retard though was the solution to the war in Bosnia. Now look at how that country looks like based on the "Swiss model"
>>
>>5775242
>What is Wales?
>>
>>5775235
>dude like read a book
>N-no not that one! That one is Wrongthink™! It's bigoted and xenophobic!
>>
>>5775254
>I can't read a book because there aren't enough pictures I'm going to stick to my infographics and YouTubes.
>>
>>5775235
It's kind of hard not to "fall for the NPC maymay" when you're faced with scripted replies like these:
>>5774895
>>5774921
>>5774945
>>
File: Grand Brighton Hotel.jpg (202 KB, 1024x631)
202 KB
202 KB JPG
>>5775249
A nation within Great Britain, and the only one that hasn't tried to escape the English yoke within the last century, unlike its two (2) peers? Whats your point?
>>
File: 1542766920804.jpg (734 KB, 1360x1888)
734 KB
734 KB JPG
>>5775262
Every one of those posts are correct, though. /pol/acks are Stormniggers and are wrong about easily researched things like the cultural makeup of Switzerland.
>>
>>5775265
It's also an example of how regional issues don't automatically become ethnic issues just because they take place in another ethnicity's heartland.
>>
>>5775269
>every one of those posts is correct though
It's literally the same line of pre-scripted text parroted over and over again when confronted with a certain criteria. You lot really are NPCs.
>>
>>5775275
It's the same line because it's the same situation: a /pol/ack is wrong about some very basic information that happens to challenge his worldview.
>>
>>5775273
If Wales ever fully unified behind some issue, as Scotland has, in order to preserve their own self interest, whether it would be political or economic or something else, then it would be an ethnic issue.
>>
File: 1520764585261.gif (278 KB, 373x373)
278 KB
278 KB GIF
>>5775283
So the decline of Great Britain's industrial output and of coal mining in Welsh regions is an ethnic issue?
>>
>>5775280
It's the same line because you are NPCs fed with talking points that you regurgitate whenever you stumble across a bit of thinking that doesn't jive with the viewpoints you've been programmed to hold. I thought it was just a meme at first too, until I started to really watch and observe the way leftists "argued". You can try and deny it all you want, more than enough people have caught onto it.
>>
File: un migration.jpg (81 KB, 628x490)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>5775297
>>
File: CH RMYT.png (59 KB, 246x242)
59 KB
59 KB PNG
>>5775293
I don't know. Did that lead the Welsh people into conflict with any other ethic groups of Great Britain?
>>
>>5775305
>ethic groups
Torydom and No such thing as society aren't ethics.
>>
>>5775297
There is no argument, though. An argument requires valid information, which you do not have because your worldview has been warped by a small group of failed humans who need a crutch instead of facing reality.

In fact, let me clue you in to a little secret: when you rail against multiculturalism what you're really opposed to is unrestricted immigration. The issues you attribute to multiculturalism all stem from the economic strain the oversupply of unskilled labour brings and the issues would be the same regardless of whether the migration was internal or external.
>>
>>5775312
You know what I meant to type, wise ass.
>>
>>5775305
But Scots aren't in conflict with the English, nor were the Irish in conflict with the English. If that was the case the issues wouldn't disappear as soon as those ethnicities left the affected regions.
>>
>>5775036
Most of the population take more from the government than they pay in taxes and mass immigration means the immigration of low income workers, as opposed to university graduates with marketable skills, so it objectively does place a burden on the welfare state and increase competition for low paid jobs. Memes like "dey took our jerbs" or /pol/ blaming everything on minorities does not change this fact.
>>
>>5775328
I agree, but immigration and multiculturalism are two very different policies.
>>
>>5775319
>you only feel the way you do because, like, you're just a stinky mean dumb loser poo-poo head
>ignore the long history of multicultural failing and people being purged from societies until a relative purity is attained, that will never happen again for sure
>>
>>5775362
As long as you cling to your flawed information and cherry-picked examples you will continue to be a failure. All I ask is that you stop dragging down the level of discourse and poisoning the well for the rest of us who want to actually address the real issues.
>>
Because of this
>>
>>5775162
Tyranny by the majority. For such a large decision they should honestly need at least 65% support and enforce a complete voter turn out imho.
>>
>>5774044
Post Yugoslav war music
>>
>>5775373
As long as you continue to parrot leftist talking points you will continue to be a retard mocked by anyone not part of your utopian faggot circlejerk. You will continue to have to close your eyes and cover your ears and ignore reality while the people you seek to coddle take advantage of your naivety and then scoff about what a retard you are behind your back.
>>
>>5775482
>no u
Not even leftist, my dude, but you will never know since I don't have an infographic explaining that.
>>
Slobodan and Serbs ruined everything
>>
>>5774123
>>5774240
>bunch of people of the same race, culture, and geography hate each other lets give them their own country!

ethnicity is a meme
>>
File: 1543935313845.png (117 KB, 625x773)
117 KB
117 KB PNG
>>5775016
>hue hue bol
>>
>>5776202
There's nothing about your post that makes any sense.
>>
>>5774054
Utter nonsense. All of Yugoslavia in the early 90s had a quarter of the debt Croatia alone has right now.
>>
>>5775016
The Scots, Irish and Welsh all fucking hate each other and the English and want the UK to end so what's your point?
>>
>>5775235
>Shit, he's already seen through my brainlet meme reply as a weak strawman that attempts to draw attention away from the fact that I don't have any way to counter his arguments..
>maybe if I strawman him again no one will notice

Kek
>>
File: sfrjv.png (58 KB, 964x483)
58 KB
58 KB PNG
>>5776628
That is such a short-sighted counter-argument, here's why.
The problem was never the amount of debt in Yugoslavia, but the ability to repay it.
Croatia has a bigger debt as a result of investments in infrastructure and economic reforms, but brutto foreign debt has been steadily declining for a few years now
(as a result of GDP increase and currency deflation among other things such as better credit ratings and reforms),
it also has a much, much better ability to repay it due to being part of EU and free market. The only difference is that Yugoslavia wasn't part of a free market and didn't have liberal
economic models. Without liberalization and decentralization, your ecenomy is worth as much as you can export, and Yugoslavian exports
have been declining as a result of lack of competitiveness (towards west) and by losing the technologic edge it had in the 60s (towards east).
No one wanted to give dollars to increase trade and liquidity with western markets if you had nothing to offer in return.
This is why "the west" wanted Yugoslavia to liberalize in order to increase available loans and amount of trade.

This isn't some "muh joos/cia/vatican" conspiracy to destroy Yugoslavia, it is pure economic logic. Serbs resisted decentralization and liberalization
because they knew they stand to loose sweet croatian/slovenian neetbux, while Slovenia and Croatia supported it.
This is the economic background for war in 90s. Nationalism was just the fuel for the war, not the cause as many, unfortunatly, think.
>>
>>5777726
Croatia's economy has been stagnating in the EU and the population relies on tourism for real money, all the development in infrastructure you're on about is purely to facilitate the touristic sector, the inland itself has very similar problems with Serbia when it comes to the rural parts. And both countries are experiencing rapid exodus and brain drain.
>>
These are always funny
>>
>>
>>5778037
what manga is this from?
>>
>>5778037
>To the "elections" in Yugoslavia
Tito has appointed the "elections" to the new "People's Assembly" on March 26. The treasonous fascist Tito clique is depriving the best fighters from the working class and working peasantry of the right to vote, murdering them, throwing them into prisons and concentration camps.
TITO: And now let's count who voted against!
>>
File: Anti Tito Propaganda.jpg (253 KB, 740x898)
253 KB
253 KB JPG
>>
>>
>>5774044
>Why did it fail?
>Because le evil SJWs!!
another great /his/ thread
>>
>Tito has arrested more Communists the last year than the previous bourgeoisie government did in 10 years.
>>
File: Soviet Anti Tito poster 4.jpg (457 KB, 1156x1552)
457 KB
457 KB JPG
>>
>>
>>5777726
Interesting, tell us more please.
>>
>>5778105
I don't really get what's going on here
>>
>Why is he bringing the constitution to be revised?
>So that they the real author may have it approved
>>
File: Romanian Anti Tito Poster.jpg (463 KB, 1156x1455)
463 KB
463 KB JPG
That's all folks
>>
>>5775016
>Spain is a monoculture and experiences ethnic tensions

Spain isn't a monoculture, it also made the decision of giving every ethnic region its own autonomous governing region.

Just because you are a failure of a human being, who has no culture or identity, and you want to sell out your kin to foreigners, doesn't actually make you right.
>>
>>5774959
Singapore
>>
Yugoslavia was a poor country that relied on exploiting Slovenia to function properly. After Slovenia left the Turkish rape babies chimped out at each other over abrahamic religions.

The end
>>
File: 1352407109419.png (65 KB, 576x874)
65 KB
65 KB PNG
I notice someone keeps mentioning Switzerland. Its true that it has multiple language/ethnic groups existing within it, but for the most part, its the exception that proves the rule.
>>
>>5778193
Homogenous societies are much more likely to survive financial crisis and other problems.

If USA were to ever experience what Greece did it would crumble under the race riots.
>>
>>5778285
The US has experienced a bigger recession than Greece
>>
>>5774044
I'm more interested how stable it was between the world wars, because obviously tito wasn't there. Which is what most people will say when asked how yugoslavia stayed together
>>
>>5778285
You realise there are minorities in greece with plurality in some areas like Turks in thrace and Albanians in Corfu and Epirus. Both of which are some of the most nationalistic ethnicities on earth hell bent on territorial expansion. Not to mention all the immigrants that made their way into Greece ever since it became a "western" style economy and up to 2006 when it collapsed. Greece gets shit for how it treats refugees but there are pakis and blacks and eastern Europeans walking the streets like it's nobody's business.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.