[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Is this the best book to read for a comprehensive overview of Hitler’s Germany? Is it very impartial or just a kosher rendition of history?
>>
>>5773664
Is jewish propaganda see the greatest story never told if you want to know the truth
>>
That editorial is very pro america as far as I remember, your best bet when it comes to history is to take piece from every source and come to your own conclusion.
>>
>>5773664
Shirer is a journalist, so I suppose if you need a hard uncomfortable toilet paper supply. Applebaum of Nazis.
>>
>>5773664
Extremely outdated. Read Kershaw.
>>
>>5773664
It's been dismissed by most historians now as disingenuous, misleading either by accident or on purpose and outdated. I imagine there's probably better choices available now.
>>
>>5773668
Stormfag propaganda. Read firsthand documents if you don't want someone's agenda shoved down your throat.
>>
>>5773668
That's also propaganda. Look at both, the truth will be somewhere in between.
>>
>>5773738
>somewhere in between
Worst hermeneutic assumption ever.

Credible narratives will be tied to the interpretation of apposite deep archival material, thorough literature survey, quality historiography, and a defensible theoretical perspective.
>>
>>5773765
Nah senpai, history is a horseshoe theory where ancient aliens Nazi episode and werewolf women of the SS are both true.

I'm going to be honest though, I'm not sure we are currently able to understand the third reich. Read rise and fall because it is important to historiographical conflict today, but also read newer ones (like the third reich a new history for example) Ian Kershaw, Richard Evans three part history is really quite good as well, and yes read David Irving too but before you do that, read Schwarz's biography of Konrad Adenauer, which views the Weimar era, Nazi era, and post war era from the right Hitler was never able to win over. Spengler's hour of decision is also a good commentary here as well.

You simply can't understand the actual historical Nazis from one book or outlook, it's frankly impossible, and every question you probe goes so much deeper than surface level interpretations pleb history can provide.

I don't know where you stand, but more people really need to sincerely poor over this period.
>>
>>5773664
it's pretty good, but really old and outdated. Best book(s) is Richard Evan's trilogy.
>>
>>5773668
Sad that there are people who took this bait as a correct good post.
>>5773675
A journalist who lived in Germany and read the third Reich's documents.
>>5773688
Proof? Evan praised it in his book.
>inb4 Irving and any other openly anti Semites that were pandering to neo Nazis.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.