[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Was the French Revolution due to the American revolution?
>>
Yes but english revolution and dutch revolts were important too
I suppose french bourgeois saw americans as interesting but unsophisticated hemp farmers
>>
>>5772225
Only very loosely, it was more like a vague model once the revolution actually got underway
>>
It was one of their sources of inspiration, yeah, but it wasn't the sole cause. Republican sentiments had been gaining traction on the continent for a long time, especially given the newfound obsession with ancient Rome among the intellectual classes.
>>
>>5772225
The American revolution was a result of the Soviet revolution. The French revolution needs to be seen in the light of the Yugoslavian revolution.
>>
>>5772407
what
>>
>>5772225
Yes, because of the debt that the war put the French government in.
>>
File: 776.png (619 KB, 1024x576)
619 KB
619 KB PNG
>>5772407
>>
>>5772408
Almost the entire Northern revolution was a result of social revolutionary activists, mostly from rural areas and the SR-right. In comparison the committee of public safety is really based in Tito's ability to mediate between different national interests.
>>
>>5772425
>>Was the French Revolution due to the American revolution?
>It's time to stop posting.
>>
>>5772431
stop fucking with semantics or I´ll rape you
>>
>>5772431
Anon...
anon...
The french revolution happened after the american revolution and at the time of the french revolution there were many french people who came back to France from helping american revolutionaries (Lafayette, etc). Benjamin Franklin also made a trip to France at the same time.

Don't tell me you are drawing a parallel between the american revolution and the soviet because you are such a massive historylet that you messed up the timeline.
>>
>>5772491
I suggest you look at the problems which Louis XIV's court system and economy solved, and the problems which it didn't.

Your specious idealism and great man crap is less coherent than time travelling right-SR activists.
>>
>>5772511
I suggest you quit throwing retarded assumptions like they were arguments you mongoloid, I never once in my life believed in the great man theory or strayed from materialism.
>>
>>5772555
>there were many french people who came back to France from helping american revolutionaries (Lafayette, etc). Benjamin Franklin
>>5772555
>>
>>5772562
Where in your mentally ill mind does this imply that I believe in the great man theory, you huge cretin?
If I don't believe that history is literally only about numbers going up and down on sheets of papers then I am a crypto-fascist with a fascination for manchurian warlords? Ideas change history. People have ideas. Ideas travel with people. This might be too difficult for your autism to comprehend.
>>
>>5772591
I'm sorry about your crapulence. I'm sure your essay will be passed. We're not allowed to mark otherwise.
>>
File: kill yourself.gif (621 KB, 500x267)
621 KB
621 KB GIF
>>5772555
>or strayed from materialism
>>
>>5772606
The last word in this argument is your participation trophy, hold it high.
>>
>>5772407
Atemporally based anon. Genius even.
>>
>>5772225

Both were a sign of their times.
It's no coincidence that they happened close to each other. The Haitian revolution happened at the same time as well.
>>
>>5772491
>and at the time of the french revolution there were many french people who came back to France from helping american revolutionaries (Lafayette, etc)

He was a counter revolutionary and shot the mob

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.