[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Settings Mobile Home
/gd/ - Graphic Design

4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • There are 4 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

File: me.jpg (19 KB, 300x300)
19 KB
Is it legal to use a government form as the background of a book cover? Client wants to use a census form...
Why don't you email or visit a govenment office directly, instead of asking strangers on a message board who might not live in your country, or the country of your client?

If the answer is no, it's not legal, a way around it is to effectively redraft the document in InDesign or Illustrator, but knowingly fudge some details, so it's close enough. If you look at stage and movie money, especially $100US, the president faces are wrong enough (different expressions, usually), lines are incorrect, and wording phony. Think along those terms. Then claim it as a "Satirical Pastiche."
File: umadtho.jpg (39 KB, 470x570)
39 KB
You don't have to be a cunt about it...
This would be something that would need to be run by a lawyer, 100%. Federal documents are generally considered public domain, but I'm not sure if that extends to commercial usage, and each state is different, some are public domain, some not.
Nobody here can answer you, you need to be more precise, to a lawyer. You could probably get that done for under $100.
How was I being a cunt about it?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.