[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/gd/ - Graphic Design

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • There are 5 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: Naamloos.png (1.51 MB, 1920x1080)
1.51 MB
1.51 MB PNG
w/o the text. Youtube uses it for all its official song uploads\
iS it stretching the image out to screen ratio, blurring and superimposing the original ? I tried that and my results loook far worse than youtube's.
Are there specific details i want to stick to or anything? I always feel like youtube gets it perfectly right And my selfmade look amateurish
>>
File: Buy It (Or Else).png (1.01 MB, 1920x1080)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB PNG
Proportionally scale the artwork to the width of the screen area, center it vertically, and blur it (I used a 15px Gaussian Blur for a width of 1920px). Place it over a black layer and lower the opacity to 50%.
I chose to add text, but obviously you could not do that.
>>
>>371469
Cool, so that hides the pixelation
How you figured this out?
I also assume youtube does it with an algorithm or so, instead of manually doing it for every other required cover
>>
>>371530
>How you figured this out?
I looked at the image.
>>
>>371467
well when i edit in sony vegas and change a few things to fit the image of video size to 1920x1080. i think that's what they do then make it blurry or pixelated. or they zoom the image in, make it blurry, add the music stuff, then the ext and image.
>>
>>371467
>gaussian blur
>preserve alpha
>>
>>371664
Not OP, but could you explain what you mean by preserve alpha?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.