[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/gd/ - Graphic Design

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • There are 11 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: Untitled-1.jpg (678 KB, 1920x1080)
678 KB
678 KB JPG
what u working currently /gd/

me: currently doing a poster for a local coffee shop, trying to keep it traditional looking. bout 10 hrs in
>>
Wouldn't it be easier to do this in Illustrator?
>>
>>371088
Wouldn't it be ? > Yes.
Is OP retarded ? > Yes .
>>
>>371084
> Needing that many layers
Anon, what are you doing?
>>
>>371084
You need to fix this whole area, it kinda hurts.
>>
>>371084
nice art deco style, you are good at illustrating!
>>
File: comparison.gif (163 KB, 2000x1167)
163 KB
163 KB GIF
>>371084
that looks amazing op!
i'm working on this lettering for a shirt design i was asked to make.
>>
File: pisstime.jpg (117 KB, 1000x1000)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
I'm very proud of my achievements
>>
>>371084
I have to ask why you didn't use illustrator? Do you hate the people who are going to have to work with this, when it's printed?

Do you just not know Illustrator? It's fine if you don't, not going to be a dick, but this kind of work is what Illustrator was designed for, and if they want to repurpose the art, your workload would be so much easier if it were vectors. Plus, you'd never have to worry about maintaining sharpness, or having the colors shift enlarging or reducing the image.
I mean, great work, but it's time to learn Illustrator. Instead of a massive file, you could have one that's about a meg in size. Then just place it in InDesign. set the type - and it prints perfectly, every time - and making adjustments and corrections and modifications would be a LOT easier and quick.
>>
>>371084
how much money did you earn?
>>
Good job OP. Looks comfy

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.