[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: main.jpg (163 KB, 1631x890)
163 KB
163 KB JPG
I'm trying to create this site but I'm not sure if it looks decent to other people, looking for crit/feedback if anyone has any. Does pic related look bad? Is there anything I can do to improve it?
>>
>>370306
I need to take a closer look at it to tell you what I think, but It doesn't look bad.
>>
File: 1541909342781.png (859 KB, 1631x890)
859 KB
859 KB PNG
>>370306
>>370406
Just my opinion, take it lightly.
>>
imo looks like an official site
>>
>>370408
Most of this crit is garbage and comes from someone who doesn't know optical spacing for shit.

All of this "lower by 1px" or "this is 1px off" is absolute drivel, and can only come from someone who learned design by using ms paint.

Also trying to remove all the flavor elements to make it as minimalistic as possible is fucking stupid. It's already too minimalistic.

>>370306
Now onto some of my crit. It's a decent style you've gone for, but you've let it down by making it too flat and minimalistic.

You should try adding in some depth, perhaps try layering some elements. I'd also suggest maybe not going so heavy on the bright yellows. It really fucks with the eyes in prolonged viewings. Also think you could scale down the text sizes a bit. I know it's tempting to go for larger sizes when designing something like this, because you have the space so why the fuck not, right? Well, because you end up with cartoony looking and hard to read text, your eyes need to jump around the whole page when it could have been condensed. Would also suggest trying some more inspired font choices for the text that doesn't nessesarily need to be instantly readable. For example the "Character" to the left.

Line up your dashed lines better as well so they don't clash like they do now in the upper left corner.

Icons could use some love, both the dice as mentioned in prev post and the + and -. I just don't think they match up well with the rest of the aestetics you are going for.

All I got time for now, might come back and go over it again another time.

Oh, and go look at some good inspirational material for tips on how to layer and balance things in your design, like attached pic. Search for "futuristic japanese typography" or similar shit. Or just go look at a lot of The Design Republics work, it's vaguely in the same area.
>>
Use up the empty space in the bottom. Also make all the stat names a consistent length.
>>370439
>You should try adding in some depth, perhaps try layering some elements. I'd also suggest maybe not going so heavy on the bright yellows. It really fucks with the eyes in prolonged viewings.
hurr durr remove all the style and sense of character from the website lmao
>Also think you could scale down the text sizes a bit. I know it's tempting to go for larger sizes when designing something like this, because you have the space so why the fuck not, right? Well, because you end up with cartoony looking and hard to read text, your eyes need to jump around the whole page when it could have been condensed. Would also suggest trying some more inspired font choices for the text that doesn't nessesarily need to be instantly readable. For example the "Character" to the left.
That's actually fair, the text could be a bit smaller, but the font is fine, you don't need some snowflake calarts tier font to make a nice website.
>Line up your dashed lines better as well so they don't clash like they do now in the upper left corner.
hurr durr remove any sense of character and anything that gives the website style and uniqueness
>Icons could use some love, both the dice as mentioned in prev post and the + and -. I just don't think they match up well with the rest of the aestetics you are going for.
Yep.
>>
File: D1jbxoPX0AEZnRY.jpg (30 KB, 640x723)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>370444
>this whole post
>>
>>370444
The absolute state of /gd/

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.