[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/gd/ - Graphic Design

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • There are 7 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Please consider donating to help the victims of the KyoAni studio fire: https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-kyoani-heal

File: received_2345112919149613.png (5.89 MB, 2650x4096)
5.89 MB
5.89 MB PNG
need crit on a concept poster for an art show I'm hosting. Don't wanna look like unaethsetic loser.
>>
You have a nice color scheme and the general layout of what you have is fine, but the word "Piece" is spelled wrong and I think you could actually do without the extra yellow lines + the crossed out bits, I'm not too sure why they're there and if they're meant to just be aesthetic, they're just too visually apparent to only be warranted like that. I'm guessing the motif is "exclusionary" (?) based on the whole crossing out thing and the O in join, but that's really a take it or leave it.
>>
>>369721
yeah I got rid of the edgy lines and made it a bit more bubbly thanks for the crit
>>
File: received_388228571824143.png (4.34 MB, 2650x4096)
4.34 MB
4.34 MB PNG
>>369721
>>
>>369746
It was better before. Don’t listen to this cunt:
>>369721
Put the scored out bits and the lines* back but drop the drop shads.

*but learn about grids, otherwise it will always look untidy.
>>
File: godtierposter.jpg (108 KB, 500x666)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
looks like you're trying way to hard
>>
low contrast with shit thrown all over and trying too hard / overkill of not very well executed visual accents for avant-modern-whatever-artshow poster

you have weirdly interesting eerie already portrait thing on there you could've just dumped information in all caps thin wide geometric sans same size top left corner adjusted in seemingly careless manner and highlighted 1 or 2 phrases that slightly matter more out of that info blob
>>
>>369720
Too hard to read, and jumbled, and looks like a bad Wired magazine cover.
>>
>>369721
Seconded on removing the crossed out yellow letters. Misleading on the information. Is it or is it not private? is it or is it not at 7pm? If it was all wholly symmetrical like with the 7PM and the H ST part that would be one thing, but the "A Private" being misaligned throws the whole structure off.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.