[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: gdrosterpollsummer19.png (102 KB, 800x595)
102 KB
102 KB PNG
It's that time of year again to share our 4chan related design, stock up on kernings, and make hot opinions on various adjacent things.

It's of course also about time for the 4CC poll. You can find that here:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd3rD--Wrf6MkgkHjb6RLhD0j4nh60wbpBTBOWXVztDRZt9Vg/viewform?usp=sf_link

It'll run from now until the end of next Wednesday (the 26th).
>>
File: 40b.png (57 KB, 1500x1500)
57 KB
57 KB PNG
>>368464
Still a big fan of this one, even if that one guy did make me unable to see the goatse
>>
File: 1554096337435.png (1.14 MB, 10000x10000)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB PNG
bold and self sufficient
symbolizing freedom- and of course, your product
>>
File: 1382730494777.png (78 KB, 1000x1000)
78 KB
78 KB PNG
>>
>>368466
This is so perfect.
>>
File: 1417052769161.jpg (27 KB, 450x345)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>
File: kerning gradients.jpg (118 KB, 500x500)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
>>
File: 43.png (174 KB, 2400x2283)
174 KB
174 KB PNG
Winner of "best shitpost", because we were too unironically enamored with the pepsi to call it a shitpost
>>
File: 38.png (35 KB, 800x600)
35 KB
35 KB PNG
We still live in a world without chevron logos, but it was never our personal destiny

Also hey, if you don't have all the new logos from the contest, take em.

https://mega.nz/#!0WgF3Y4b!A1-mNM-4rSgXHHDE5eM4d-2oixru5lA5KyS7l8kGIIY
>>
File: Kerning10000.png (135 KB, 10000x10000)
135 KB
135 KB PNG
>>368464
just to point it out, the 4CC team poll is linked in that post. Seemed easy to miss for the lads that just look at all the pictures.
>>
File: kerning pout.png (31 KB, 700x700)
31 KB
31 KB PNG
It's...not usually this low is it?
>>
File: kerning minimalism.jpg (146 KB, 1650x1650)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
it's been quieter, a little worried that maybe some lads were only interested because we were the eternal underdog. Is it less fun now that we've won?

In any case the poll is being extended through the end of the month (through next weekend). The timing was a little weird this time around, so some of the normal folks might just not have realized it's here yet.
>>
File: 30.png (32 KB, 313x512)
32 KB
32 KB PNG
On the new stars design side I was always a bit oddly enamored with the BIG FUCKING STAR look. It probably would have gotten old fast though.
>>
Is the team discord worth joining?
>>
File: GD icon.png (912 KB, 10000x10000)
912 KB
912 KB PNG
>>368848
eh it's very optional. I only made it in case someone wanted to take a more proactive role in team management during that weird period where I wasn't sure I had the tech to run pes 18.

That got resolved and now the discord is mostly just there in case someone expected it to be there, I never advertise it anywhere. If you want to talk to me about the team in some respect you could just as easily @me in the main 4CC server.
>>
>>368837
Thank you for liking it. Can't say I disagree. Let's see if we can do some "lol out of bounds/working area get it?" humour for another time.
>>
>>368575
What's >our custom pitch now? With how limited PES18 is maybe we should have a SpotifyGradient pitch. Or just good old Adobe working area with tools on the Managers side.
>>
>>368853
The pitch side of things actually isn't too bad in terms of what's possible. I wasn't planning on removing Adobe Arena, just incorporating some of the logos from the contest into the existing one, updating the logo on the pitch, and of course, making it bigger.

Right now I'm really hesitant to promise anything aesthetically. The cup is approaching really fast this time around and there's a lot to do to just keep things from looking worse than before, let alone improvements. We'll see what happens.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (6 KB, 259x194)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
Pls make kerning like this if there's a /fit/ matchup
>>
File: kerning feels.png (64 KB, 650x650)
64 KB
64 KB PNG
>>368912
anchor arms kerning was always a fun idea, not sure how it would work in 18 but if /fit/ shows up it'll probably be something like that

A reminder that the poll isn't ending in 40 minutes or so, but instead as soon as it stops being June. The votes I was afraid wouldn't come in in time look like they in fact did, but I already committed so we'll be riding this out either way.
>>
>>368945
Sounds good. Don't know how many more you'll get but if you need any suggestions for kernings feel free to ask in the thread.. luv me kernings simple as
>>
>>368954
I want a Kerning LifeLongFan™ Edition.
>>
What's your favourite team logo design?
(if it's /gd/ then pick one more team just to be fair)
>>
File: Biz_logo.png (708 KB, 2000x2000)
708 KB
708 KB PNG
>>369025
outside of /gd/ I always liked /biz/, even if it is a little busy
>>
>>369025
/m/'s logo translated into 3D form really well in one years hyp opening.
>>
File: 34.jpg (48 KB, 750x1000)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
A little under 12 hours left
>>
File: Summer19_C.png (129 KB, 1000x1000)
129 KB
129 KB PNG
Logo C won the logo poll which is a pity because I was looking forward to anon eating his hat.
>>
>>369154
pepsi came in 5th out of 11, so it was technically better than average at least
>>
File: pollends.png (12 KB, 800x800)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
And that's the poll, with 9 responses this was a mellow one, but that's fine by me as long as you care. Here's the results.

Most (7/9) people wanted one or two new players, but a few wanted three or four (1/9) or even more (1/9).

In terms of players getting sacked, it looks like Cracked's day has finaly come (4/9). I won't miss him at this point, if /t/ wants to come back properly they have the ability to do so.

Beyond that team newbies Art And Arch and Comfy Bonfire both got 3/9. Like Aesthetic Flags of the World before them new players tend to die on /gd/. While the loss of models hurts a bit the PES 18 conversion was going to ruin comfy bonfire anyway (couldn't keep the trashcan). I think I'm going to start listing recently sacked players on roster polls just to see if any of them have revival interest.

Three of the Old New players got good interest at 4/9 votes:
A player related to nostalgic graphic design
A player related to Affinity Shilling
A player related to Web Desing/Front end

I very specifically didn't name these lads in voting, so if you have any catchy names to sumerize the concepts feel free to let me know. It's not a surefire thing but if I can swing it with whatever asthetics I can muster I will.

If you noticed I mentioned three players in those last few lines it's because yes, we're gonna swap in three players despite most people wanting 1 or 2. In multiple cases doing this makes a lot of vote ties irrelevent, so I'm just going to roll with it.

(1/2)
>>
>>369158
In medal watch everyone still loves Minimalism 8/9. If there's a second medal to decide it's a BIG tie at 2/9 between:
Golden Ratio
Rate My Logo
Pepsi Universe
Vaporwave
>>>/wsr/

Which it actually ends up being will largely depend on if the rules make certain positions more or less favorable to certain players. As an example if non medal strikers end up being terrible, the medal may go to Vaporwave, who traditionally plays as a second striker.

On the Helvetica question, we are indeed rebranding him, at least temporarily, to Helvetica Now (6/9). For those that care about this sort of thing, this is going to be counted as still being Helvetica for the sake of stat keeping. Helvetica will never die (or look too different).

Logo Redesign's design has gone with the porthole logo over the shield (7/9). My personal bias was towards that one too, so cool.

Untitled-1.JPG survives, barely, at at plurality 4/9. Next time the choice will be binary up/down, and we'll probably drop Hank at that point.

Finally there was one new new player suggestion, Handpaint Masking. No one really talked about it in the thread though so it won't be immediately added, but it will be added to the next poll like these suggestions were before it.

And that's that. Summer is approaching quickly, and I'm falling behind on all sorts of things. I really hope everything looks and plays quality for /gd/, but I cannot promise anything. Here's to hoping right? A summary of these poll results will be available soon on the wiki.
>>
I'm having real issues moving our models to the new game engine. If things look bad please try to keep in mind that I've already expended a lot of time and effort just trying to keep them from looking worse.
>>
>>369159
>>369468
Thanks for the hard work.
>Helvetica stats will be kept and Now is only a name change
As it should be. Very nice.
>>
>>369468
It's cool man. That 3D stuff is like black magic.
>>
just as a heads up, there'll be a just for fun match between /gd/ and /i/ after the draw tomorrow. Check the wiki for more details if you don't know the place/time.

A lot of the players will have gag level aesthetics just to keep SOMETHING out there as I get models done, but know those visuals hopefully should largely vanish by the time the cup starts the following weekend
>>
hey the cup starts in 10 minutes, and we're in the first game. Check the normal place to get there.
>>
well that was rough, but don't panic, this was the hardest team in the group if you could believe it
>>
File: bonfire.jpg (179 KB, 1920x1080)
179 KB
179 KB JPG
>>370157
/cm/ looked really fucking strong. I wonder how the other teams will fair against them.
This match got really gripping towards the end. Looking forward to the rest of the matches! /wg/-/gd/ is going to be comfy.
>>
Ah sorry to that lad who emailed me, would have changed it if I got to it before Friday. Don't check that account often enough. I'd do it now but changing names during the games is frowned up

(next game in 12.5 hours)
>>
File: kerndestroyer.png (2.54 MB, 1396x938)
2.54 MB
2.54 MB PNG
10 minutes out, hope to see you there, We can't afford to lose this one, but there's never any assurances in this game.
>>
>not keeping .AI in the net
Bad omen
>>
Save us la
>>
.jpg actually isn't doing too bad
>>
Shieeet
>>
File: wg_kern.png (247 KB, 564x542)
247 KB
247 KB PNG
A tie isn't great, but it's not terrible. We have to rely on /cm/, which spoiler is a fucking beast. The game against /x/ is something that I really don't want to jinx, but historically... well it's look good.

This is the first version of PES I have no prior tactics for, so no soft assist from smugs. I think it shows a bit.

I would have gone harder at the end there but a loss would have killed us, so it's better to have this than risk that.

>>370314
Keeper condition matters so much in this version, trust me I'd rather not run the hankster but in theory he's statistically identical to .AI

>>370315
dere he is!
>>
File: fuck..png (67 KB, 1518x914)
67 KB
67 KB PNG
That result is not what I expected happening, and it's the worst result for us. Anything else would have been much easier to come back from. If we had gone second I would have definitely pushed for that win now.

Just gonna go as hard as ya can I guess.
>>
>>370321
/cm/ winning would have been worse, but a 90+ tie was sour
At least we can still advance either way as long as the first game doesn't tie
>>
>>368466
Pepsiiii
>>
thirty minutes out from the first game. /gd/'s the second game but if the first game is a draw advancement becomes impossible, so it's still worth watching.

Hopefully everything works out
>>
File: 1529789944115.gif (116 KB, 250x250)
116 KB
116 KB GIF
here we go, do or die
>>
it's just four goddamn goals
>>
>>370656
let's go let's go!
>>
File: 1536421601061.png (5 KB, 225x225)
5 KB
5 KB PNG
it's only 4 goals in 35 minutes
>>
File: kerning red.jpg (22 KB, 666x666)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>
see you guys in autumn?
>>
File: unknown.png (294 KB, 387x504)
294 KB
294 KB PNG
As bad as that game looked I want to assure you that for winning by 4 goals that's exactly what it needed to look like. I did not expect /x/ to essentially throw by NOT being desperate to win.

If a defense does not open up by being aggressive you just cannot win by that many goals. It was a rough cup.

But I feel like I have a much better grip on PES 18 now, so autumn should be better, and hey if you just like watching /gd/ that means more games for you.

[former gd manager or just interested lad] if you want in on this trust me, I'm happy to oblige. Get in touch. This is starting to stress me out.

Sorry about this one. There's no autumn poll, but I'm pretty hopeful that if nothing else everyone should have aesthetics by Autumn.

PES 18 is a terrible beast. If nothing else keep enjoying all the logo refs, the balance is kinda wack so certain ones do show up a lot more, but I've been cycling them around so hopefully everyone's gets a day in the sun.

A reminder that the boast is that /gd/ has never missed an elite, we can still keep that going. I intend to.
>>
File: 1430682339415.png (396 KB, 964x1290)
396 KB
396 KB PNG
>>370671
welp, good luck in autumn, hope you figure everything out by then

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.