[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/gd/ - Graphic Design

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • There are 5 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks Make sure to check your spam box!

File: shitfuck.png (96 KB, 1600x900)
96 KB
96 KB PNG
Originally pic related had appeal in uniform design and being generally better typeset and had better layout than most of the common blogging platforms.

Now it's more tedious to read and navigate than some shitty Blogspot theme from 2005.

What is this 'trend' in design of popular platforms having websites covered in distracting 'anti-navigation' shit, being slow and unusable 5MB JavaScript monstrosities?

Other day I visited to Dribbble company's job openings page, it had couple of elements (images) that merely have to react with CSS animation on scroll event when they appear and scrolling in the page was completely broken in web browsers that are not Chrome.

Like how can something so simple you can do in cross-compatible way with vanilla JS can be turned into convoluted, broken shit.

Do 'UX Designers' up there have a power or interest to bring up that as a consideration when they make literal crap, while earning 100k per year at the fancy company?
>>
I think you're right on the money with this. I'm also tired of those lazy bloated JS libraries used for everything because "it's 2019", and it's funny that all those "good design" sites are usually overdesigned to all fuck. It is a paradox how in the era of "minimalism", design manages to be so unintuitive AND bloated. I don't want to talk out of my ass but I also suspect the UX designers don't understand design at all.
>>
>>364010
Well UX is currently a meme field with no real standards so that makes sense.
>>
>>364034
But did you see that wobbly chart background neon gradient animation render for that never-existent fitness mobile app's mockup? That's what design is about. Aren't you impressed?
>>
https://nomedium.dev/
>>
>>364034
It never had any standards

And that's the root of the problem. Web design started with a bunch of kids copypasting hackish javascript code onto websites constructed of frames and full of a zillion flashing bobbing gifs using all 256 colors at once.

These kids grew up and swapped out the gifs for pngs, toned down the color and upgraded from frames to divs, but they never lost the old mentality of just throwing someone else's code into their own site and acting like they did it

The web design industry started with highschoolers, not programmers, and said highschoolers set a ton of really dangerous precedents

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.