[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/gd/ - Graphic Design

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • There are 26 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Now accepting credit card payment for 4chan Pass purchases and renewals. Click here for details.

What do you think will be the future for design
>>
My opinion is that were going back to the more experimental side of things, (to be honest its already happening) though from another thread here Im guessing that the 2000's will be back soon. I have this theory that evrything loops in 30 year cycles. the 60's was wild, so was the 90's and im assuming 2020 will be just the same
>>
Realtime rendering engines like Blender Eevee might encourage designers to go back to glossy effects and stuff commonly seen during the 2000s but with more details.
It's hard to predict trends, someone influential has to set a precedent.
>>
File: 1546230436365.png (312 KB, 368x469)
312 KB
312 KB PNG
>>359560
It will be outsourced to India.
>>
>>359560
future will be voice, most of the ui/ux shit will die
>>
>>359566
highly doubt it, they do quantity over quality
>>
>>359571
LuL u bet.
>>
>>359571
nah, at least personally for me I hate voice activated shit. it makes you look like a total retard in public and its so fucking annoying clicking the voice activate and then talking, when i could just click and type. plus its gonna dry the fuck out of your mouth if you are consitently talking.

"okay siri open chrome"
"okay siri type coffee"
"okay siri search"
"okay siri click the first link

you see what I mean? its not efficient in comparison to touch/mouse
>>
>>359571
Nope. Even if we use voice that much, we'll use it to see stuff
>>
i dont follow these things too conciously, but i noticed incorporating some horrible fonts for main headline from ms windows / office font library suddenly 'works' with swiss style sort of flat background high contrast neogrotesque type layout and feels 'fresh' so that must be the future. 'Critical Design' thing is becoming mainstream basically. i had a similar feeling looking at icons and UIs in the intermediate period when things started transition to flatcrap so it must be true. absolutely everything will look like disoriented edgy new media arts artschool programme poster crap in 5 years and people will consume more psychiatric medication than ever. crap.
>>
Renewed focus on visually heavy text, continued pushing of the iconography aspect of flatness due to the rise of both ideograms in western writing and of established designs that need to be adapted but the space for 2 hanzi is saying something that's a 13-letter word in English.

On the same note, 2-color printing being used the way bold or italic is now.
>>
i think we're going return to using to gradient-heavy designs since the flat thing has been around for nearly a decade.
>>
>>359562
>My opinion is that were going back to the more experimental side of things, (to be honest its already happening) though from another thread here Im guessing that the 2000's will be back soon. I have this theory that evrything loops in 30 year cycles. the 60's was wild, so was the 90's and im assuming 2020 will be just the same
i think your theory is bad
>>
>>359669
i think your opinion is bad
>>
>>359560
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlgLxSLsYWQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lpGcWxDv98
>>
>>359562
The Only correct answer in the thread
>>
>>359750
I can't even read that.
>>
>>359750
this edgy meme trend is gonna die soon to be honest. I really like it but the shelf life on this is really low.
>>
>>359750
One of the World Peace ident audio tracks is playing in my head while looking at this.
>>
getting images to appear 3d without using blender
>>
>>359767
i agree it was cool at first, but its too formulaic at this point.
>>
>>359786
>>359775
Kindof hope it mellows out a bit stuff like pic related
>>
>>359791
meh
>>
>>359712
His theory is the only correct one.
Just think about it: the teenagers of the 90s are in their 30s-40s now, which means that the ones that made it big enough to be influencers, marketers, managers, executives or just designers, are going to hang on to what they enjoyed in their youth, thus influencing the general taste.
50s nostalgia was big in the 1980s, 60-70s was big in the 2000s etc. Why do you think we have all these vaporwave/Windows 95 glitch art nowadays?
>>
drain gang
>>
Helvetica on a white background
>>
>>359571
UX is not only the visuals you dufus. Interacting with a voice based interface also involves design process.
>>
>>359560
holograms
>>
>>359877
It horrifies me to think that people will be nostalgic about things from 2010-20 in the future.
>>
>>359562
Hey you're the guy from /g/
>>
>>360229
in federated p2p networks/chans/soundcloud it's probly going to be some sort of corporate-dystopian-wikileaks-core

google already 'leaked' a proto material
https://invidio.us/watch?v=QDVVo14A_fo
>>
Warmer, softer pallets and a return to more traditional mediums and fine art.

Also, showing your methods more.
>>
>>359562
>>359877
correct, pendulum is swinging away from minimalism at this point. Already design is becoming more extra and form heavy.
>>
>>360229
nope not me, i dont go on /g/
>>
>>359579
My friend's friend is a "Google fan" who loves transhumanism, libertarianism, and Reddit. I visited his house and it was fucking Orwellian nightmare. Why do I need to tell Google to turn my lights on? Lightswitches work fine. If you're really fucking lazy you could just have sensors at each door which turn on/off in a room as you pass. When I brought up my concerns about the world drifting towards surveillance capitalism he just said "Oh well I don't care about that" like a faggot.
Also touch screens are smudgy and fragile pieces of shit designed for boomers and zoomers that shart themselves at the sight of a keyboard.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.