[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/gd/ - Graphic Design

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • There are 19 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

All work safe boards are now on the 4channel.org domain. Make sure to update your script blockers and whitelist the new domain.

There's now a setting option under Navigation to display the full list of boards on 4channel.org

The 4chan Vtuber Competition is over. Click here to see the winning entry!

File: pepehammer.jpg (87 KB, 957x621)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
how would i remove the white background from this image in a way that retains the blurry transparent border? just simply using the magic wand in photoshop looks like garbage
>>
>>355371
You need to add a layer mask and paint out the white with a soft brush to produce the best results. Alternatively, you can create a clipping path using the pen tool and adding a feather effect after you make your selection active, however, this can be very time consuming if you don't know what you're doing.
>>
File: IMG_5320.jpg (54 KB, 512x512)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>355385
>Further detail on layer masks as follows
Open the image in Photoshop—it should show as ”Background” in the layers panel. Click the lock icon to the right of the thumbnail to unlock this layer.
Below, you should find a rectangular icon with a circle in the centre of it. Have your newly unlocked layer selected and click on this icon to add a layer mask.
With the layer mask active, go to your brush tool, and select a soft brush from the brushes palette (you can increase or decrease the hardness of the brush using the slider).
When the layer mask is active, the foreground and background swatches default to black and white, respectively. You can alternate between these by tapping X on the keyboard.
>Black removes
>White adds
With the black swatch active, simply paint away the areas of the image you don't want. If you unintentionally remove a part of the image you want to keep, just switch to the white brush to add it back in.
It's good practice to use quick keys to speed up your work so use the [ and ] keys to decrease and increase the size of your brush as you go along when you need to get into those tighter areas or if you're removing large chunks.
>>
>>355386
And that's how a 10yo teaches another 10yo
>>
File: fag.png (511 KB, 957x621)
511 KB
511 KB PNG
easiest way to do it is find the source file without the effect and then re apply the effect on a transparent background, save as .png and you're done
>>
File: ribbit.png (557 KB, 957x621)
557 KB
557 KB PNG
>>355371
>>
>>355395
Still better than 99% of /gd/.
>>
>>355415
thats because there is to many fucktards making threads like this encouraging retards to the site
>>
>>355417
So what's the best way to accomplish what OP wants huh?
>>
>>355453
Trying reading, fucktard. >>355404 is the best way.
>>
>>355464
He's not gonna learn anything from that. You're just sourcing the image with an already transparent background. If you read what OP said, he's asking for a better way of removing the white background than the way he's doing it.
>>
>>355466
There's nothing to learn here. It's going to take FOREVER to cut that image out, and it will still look like shit compared to the other technique. I'm saying that his method of removing it is incorrect and he should be doing it the other way.
>>
>>355489
>FOREVER
Sure.
>>
>>355489
Technique? Are you retarded? There's nothing going on your way you fucking idiot.
>>
less blurred edit, with png
>>
File: forever.jpg (191 KB, 1920x1080)
191 KB
191 KB JPG
>we are reaching new levels of incompetence
I'm not fond of answering easily googable shit because that's what killed this board but this is getting embarrasing

>>355453
>open img in Ps
>Ctrl+A, Ctrl+C
>Create mask and Alt+Click it
>Ctrl+V, Ctrl+I, Ctrl+U and drag saturation to 0
>Adjust levels
that's it

>>355489
>FOREVER
FOREVER
>>
>>355506
ctrl+u doesnt do anything with the layer mask selected, and it's greyed out in image > adjustments
>>
File: doom.jpg (370 KB, 1200x1200)
370 KB
370 KB JPG
>>355512
you are right, the mask itself only has alpha channel information, I'm getting old...

>open img in Ps
>Ctrl+A, Ctrl+C
>Create mask and Alt+Click it
>Ctrl+V, Ctrl+I
>Adjust levels
>>
>>355506
>eyes are transparent
0/10.
>>
>>355545
that's a 5 second fix with a brush, you don't have to go full bob ross mode about it
if you are arguing that recreating it from sscratch is easier/faster, JUST... and if you are blending mode joe, god have mercy of your soul
>>
>>355567
>that's a 5 second fix with a brush
I know. It was just my way of appreciating your method.
>>
>>355503
"Nothing going on your way" doesn't mean anything faggot. Try to form a real thought before you respond next time, please.

Anyone who sits there and tries to cut the image out like a retard can be safely called incompetent and is wasting time. That's what you are, a waste of time.
>>
File: 1525263932883.png (331 KB, 960x960)
331 KB
331 KB PNG
>>355506
>Ctrl
wtf is that? You mean command?
>>
File: 5831448044_5cc973ebb1.jpg (57 KB, 385x346)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>355577
>almost 2019
>there's still ppl falling to a 10+ year old marketing campaign targeting hipsters
nice digits though
>>
>>355464
Actually, the solution they presented is the most straight forward, will take the least amount of time, and yield the best looking results. You are the fucktard here, fucktard.
>>
File: c0naorlfvc.png (508 KB, 957x621)
508 KB
508 KB PNG
this
>>
File: IMG_20181209_122934.png (221 KB, 957x621)
221 KB
221 KB PNG
Fryed
>>
https://graphicdesign.stackexchange.com/questions/21685/replacing-whiteness-with-transparency-in-photoshop

The only problem would be that his eye would also become transparent.
>>
File: okpd.png (595 KB, 957x621)
595 KB
595 KB PNG
There is a new tool in PS CC 19 that's called background eraser tool, learn your shit boys.
>>
>>355503
resorts to syntax to feel good about himself. better luck next time faggot

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.