[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/gd/ - Graphic Design

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • There are 44 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks Make sure to check your spam box!

What are you working on, anon ?
>>
mite be too deranged to apply for application software developer 3-year degree for now. re-learning js and cobbling together a disgusting little Gulpfile today, so i can continue them frontend webpajeet & /gd/ shenanigans depending on how things turn out until next september.
>>
>>354594
>>>/g/68580062
>>
File: 1542267805494.jpg (54 KB, 720x640)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>354598
web DESIGN is /gd/ to
>>
>>354599
yeah but I doubt there's more than a couple of guys who design websites and post regularly on here, at /g/ it usually reach the post limit
>>
>>354598
>>354600
/g/ is too nerdy, not enough focus on design itself.
>>
>>354594
I work full time in gd but I rly have no fucking knowledge about designing great things for web. I'm not talking about shitty affiliate graphics with cta and bullshit, I'm thinking about stuff like this:

https://experiments.p5aholic.me/

where do I even start learning? What do I look for? Should I try to learn about Processing? Java? I have no clue and would appreciate advice.
>>
>>354724
>https://experiments.p5aholic.me/

looks fancy but <canvas> and webgl leaks shitload of data about user's machine, similarly to webrtc, so i normally have this functionality blocked out. web is cancer, web browsers are cancer.
>>
>>354724
>>354751

Sharing from another anon :

brutalistwebsites.com
>>
I didn't know /gd/ had /wdg/
>>
>>354724
In this order:
>HTML
>CSS
>SASS
>JavaScript (not the same as Java)
>>
I'm trying to make a dark website design work. I need it look "neutral" but I'm having trouble picking a primary colour for my buttons, as I also need to have Green, Orange and Red for the various states of components.

And I don't want to use blue.

SEND HELP I CAN'T DECIDE ON ANYTHING
>>
File: 1520287903124.jpg (78 KB, 700x467)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>>355763
nowadays it's also about all the bloated tools and flavor-of-month frameworks to deal with the cruft
https://github.com/kamranahmedse/developer-roadmap
>>
>>355764
pantone color of the year anon.
>>
>>355764
I did this earlier this year and the client liked it. This is one of the more outright "dark" themes I've done.
>>
>>354724

If you're into motion design:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8tInajwIHo

Also if you're going into Javascript be sure to try out React as well, use the concept of components with atomic design to create nice, reusable widgets/code.
>>
>>356299
Looks great.
>>
<head>
<meta charset="UTF-8">
<style>
#dqu {
border: 1px solid red;
width: 4%;

}

.onr:hover #dqu {
border: 1px solid grey;

}

</style>
</head>
<body>
<nav>
<a href="#">Home</a>
<a href="#" class="onr">Forum</a>
<a href="#">contact</a>
<a href="#" id="dqu">Forum 1</a>
</nav>
</div>
</body>
</html>

why isn't "forum 1" changing border colors when i hover over "forum"?
>>
>>356957
It's when one element is on hover(.onr) and has child (#dqu) that css applies to child of hovered element.

You want [code]#dqu:hover[/code] imo.
>>
>>357062
>>356957
Or
.onr#dqu:hover{}
<a href="#" class="onr" id="dqu">Forum 1</a>
>>
Hello people, Im starting to learn practicaly from 0, I know about about CSS but now it's time go for it 100% before starting with javascript.
Does anyone know a good read/video where I can learn all I need to know about CSS or some online exercices? I have a few it's not that I want you to look for it for me, but just asking if anyone knows something and see if it's better that what i found. Thanks!
>>
>>357071
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Learn/CSS

Look into what is SASS, the BEM methodology (it's nothing fancy, just how you name HTML classes) and "box-sizing: border-box;"

for JS human-readable coverage of entire spec with exercises:
https://javascript.info/
>>
>>356287

What's cutting edge website software these days? I learned Muse in 2014, but maybe something has changed since then? I need to make another webpage, basically just a long one pager.
>>
>>354594
>Web Design
Dude. It's 2019, not 2009. Web Design is dead.
>>
>>357533
just like this thread
>>
>>357529
I use Adobe Illustrator for drafting static layouts. Mite use Sketch if I was on macOS. Then it's exporting assets and writing templates while automating part of the work with Gulp, Grunt or npm scripts.

>Adobe Muse is a
>website builder that allows designers to create fixed, fluid, and adaptive websites
>without having to write any code.

You fags don't actually don't do all the work in pajeet-tier code generator programs like this? Isn't a good web designer also supposed to be a web developer, that is someone with knowledge of writing markup, stylesheets and doing web programming to certain (clientside) degree at least? Who else than the DESIGNER knows better how the website and it's interactions are supposed to function in the end.

>https://github.com/kamranahmedse/developer-roadmap
>>
File: 22.gif (121 KB, 660x308)
121 KB
121 KB GIF
WWW.GRIME.ONLINE

what do y'all think
I guess id call it an internet magazine but its in its infancy still.
>>
Fuchnv iff
>>
>>357683
>WWW.GRIME.ONLINE
I thought this would be shit.
The further i scrolled, the doper it got.
I dig it.
>>
>>357647
> Isn't a good web designer also supposed to be a web developer, that is someone with knowledge of writing markup, stylesheets and doing web programming to certain (clientside) degree at least?

No. Not at all. Outside of San Francisco, which has a high concentration of Unicorns (designers who are also highly competent coders), it's very, very rarely expected that designers will also be building out their own work.

This is for multiple reasons: outsourcing tech can be done fairly cheaply, limited pool of candidates who code as well as they design without cutting corners design-wise so they can actually build it, and plenty of actual Front-End Developer roles who can do the job better than the designer-dev hybrid.

If you don't believe me, just look at the job descriptions online for agencies. Designers and Developers are purposefully split off from one another. Instead, designers should focus on making a great product and have enough respect for code to know what's practical to ask for of a developer, while also being able to articulate what interactions and the tactile feel of a site or app should be.
>>
>>357700
thank you

that means a lot
>>
File: Awesome Face.png (29 KB, 336x336)
29 KB
29 KB PNG
I want to start practicing web design using some wordpress websites. Is there a way to set up software that acts as a hosting server so I can practice to my hearts content, and possibly even export the project once finished and upload to a real live server?
>>
>>358104
surge.sh is free hosting and is great and they give u free domains if you dont have your own
>>
>>358105
>>358104
That is interesting, but how do I deploy a wordpress template? Watched a few tutorials and I don't understand how to store the data on my drive to deploy it.

Are there other programs out there that don't require me an internet connection? Something I can keep on a local server?
>>
>>358111
>>358105
>>358104
For example, I've tried using WAMP before. I can get it to work one time, then it fails, and I have to reinstall everything, and it usually corrupts or deletes the saved work that I did during the reinstall. No idea why. I've done probably about 25 tutorials on troubleshooting that problem to no success.

Is there something else like WAMP? Something that allows me to just stay on my home computer and fake a hosting server so I can practice to my hearts content till I'm ready to export the final version and get a real domain?
>>
>>357683
>>357884
wanna mentor me
>>
File: Coffee.jpg (8 KB, 226x166)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
I am using wordpress and am pretty new. Practicing on my computer through a localhost and I am having a difficult time creating drop down menus for a product.

Example:
I sell electronics. These electronics are "$10,"
and list correctly on the product page. However, I have accessories, plugs, and bundle options I'd like to offer to customers.
So... On the right side of the product image and maybe just under the price, I WOULD LIKE to have 3 options that say "Accessories," "adapters," and "bundles." If you click on one, it creates a drop down menu WITH thumbnails of the accessories and a small description and a price addition. If selected, I need it to reflect a price change.

Does anyone know how to do this? I am having a hard time finding a tutorial or plug in for this. I am not sure if I'm just searching the wrong terminology. If I need to elaborate, I can make a quick graphic of what I'm trying to do.
>>
>>358162
mate i dont even know javascript

you can make my shitty website with w3schools
>>
>>358205
how long you bin doing html & CSS for?
>>
>>357683
Submitted some designs to you. The website is cool. Love it and I'll keep it in mind in the future.
>>
>>358207
First started in 4th grade so like 12 or 13 years ago but I was literally a young child so you could obviously learn a lot faster than I did.
>>
File: absolutely appalling.jpg (110 KB, 394x261)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
>>358166
I'm having a similar issue.

I need help with figuring out how to add accessory options as an additional charge to a base price. As it stands, I can only set up variations, and I have over 1000 variations per 1 product, which is unrealistic to think there isn't a better solution.

I just want a drop down menu for customers to pick an item with an image description, and selected items update the new price.

Anyone have a tutorial or plug in for this? Specifically one that utilizes multiple images for a single attribute list?
>>
I have this code:

[featured_products per_page="8" columns="4"]

I need it center aligned in a wordpress page. Anyone know how? I've tried 4 ways recommended on other forums. None work.
>>
>>358461
Ok, scratch that. I got it to align. But now I'm having a problem where I have 8 products, and it is not scrolling through them, rather it only displays 4. I know the columns defines the 4, but how do I enable a scrolling method?
>>
>>355496
is it supposed to be on g
>>
>>357683
do you use a content delivery system in php where you can just login and post shit to your frontpage? or do you just update the index manually?
>>
>>358959
i do it all manually lol I dont know php
my host is free and doesnt even have php
>>
>>358992
i should have said any thing not just php. You don't find that shit annoying updating each new post? i usually use php includes in combination with some easy news posting script of somesort.
>>
>>358996
I don't really mind it, but I am gonna update it soon.

I am gonna redo the front with css grid and eventually make some sort of automation maybe with JS. I really don't have much interest in learning something like php for the time being and also I would have to change hosts.
>>
>>358999
css grid something new?
>>
>>359000
pretty new yes

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/CSS/CSS_Grid_Layout
>>
>>359015
interesting im gonna learn this
>>
>>356957
Because it should have been

.onr:hover, #dqu

notice the comma
>>
Nopes
>>
bumpo
>>
>>357683
>>
Would someone be interested in participating in a pro-bono project with some neat tasks?
We are creating a website for interactive stories. Already have several points of references, a very extensive design document, a mostly-finished design for a part of the website.
We need someone who understands layouts and colors to tell us why we're stupid and help create the rest of the pages (story catalog, front page, etc.)
The project is, again, conducted completely by volunteers so we cannot offer any payment, but there isn't that much work to do, nobody will pressure or hurry you up, and we'll of course credit you when the website launches, if you want.

If this strikes anyone's fancy, please toss an email at qmdq22(at)gmail.com or visit our development Discord server: https://discord.gg/qsWAxsP
Thanks.
>>
>>357683
18 year old zoomer here
This is some of the coolest shit I’ve seen in a while, the logos are the best part. There’s not a single logo on here that I don’t like. Keep it up man, doing God’s work out here.
>>
File: EXECUTION.jpg (1.13 MB, 1275x2175)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB JPG
This, I am working on this
>>
>>360808
i cant even read that text shits ugly
>>
>>358999
You could create components with react that are reusable, makes adding content like those submitted logos quite easy.
>>
>>358112
You could try XAMPP.
>>
File: ffff.jpg (312 KB, 1772x996)
312 KB
312 KB JPG
Hello my friends. Today, I have designed my first web page. You see, it is my dream to leave the factory some day and so I have taken up design. Here is my first web page Have a a blessed day my friends.
>>
File: colourtest.jpg (1.42 MB, 2289x2538)
1.42 MB
1.42 MB JPG
this
>>
File: Sketch (2).png (1005 KB, 1843x1110)
1005 KB
1005 KB PNG
>>361832
kek
>>
>>354594
Guys.. I already know html and css.. but I know nohingabout design... Is there any free resourses where I can learn tht stuff?
And where can I look to get inspired to create cool looking webs.?
>>
>>362530
youtube
>>
>>361842
I've never seen something that gross.
>>
>>360800
thank you very much i appreciate it
>>
>>362543
Which canal?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.