[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 81UWizAwUvL._SL1500_.jpg (107 KB, 1263x1500)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
is there any technology that can treat or relief tinnitus? i always use the lowest volume audible when using earphones and stay away from loud noises but now one of my ears have been ringing for a week nonstop
>>
Any sharp, narrow object.
>>
>>74772689
White noise generator, or prolonged exposure to sounds that exceed 140dB
>>
IEM fags btfo
>>
File: 1581317903838.jpg (86 KB, 600x600)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
look up lipoflavonid pills on amazon. works for some doesnt for others, 20$ a bottle. kinda works for me, started noticing results about a month in definetly worth a try though.
>>
>>74772689
Stop using earphones at all immediately
>>
>>74772900
>proprietary blend of vitamins
would try since it doesn't do much harm
>>
>>74772689
Go see your doctor before you permanently fuck your hearing you retard.
>>
Like you i use headphones in low volume settings and ended up with tinnitus. The ringing is soft and only hear it in very quiet conditons. Get your hearing checked and let your dr. Decide what may need to be done.
>>
>>74772689
stop drinking energy drinks
b-vitamin overdose causes nervous system disruption that can manifest as ear ringing
>>
>>74773282
i never drink energy drinks
>>
>>74773282
So does long term ibuprofen use
>>
Do you take wellbutrin?
>>
>>74772689
no
>>
>>74772689
Use speakers instead
>>
Go see a doctor, it's probably just a minor infection or some shit like that.
>>
>>74772689
Going low in volume is already a good start. Tinnitus can also be caused by stress.
>>
>>74773551
no
>>
>>74773723
This 99% of ear problems are just excess wax or wacky bone growths both treatable
other than that wearing open earphones at a reasonable volume and hearing protection when appropriate is your best bet
>>
>>74773940
almost everything can be caused by stress
>>
Sadly, no. I have tinnitus since I can remember and fucking nothing works. My mongoloid doctor says my ears are perfectly healthy physically, but doesn't know what to do about the ringing.
>>
earphones and headphones can sometimes put the squeeze on your temples a bit too much for comfort
>>
File: 1400331614326.png (4 KB, 222x211)
4 KB
4 KB PNG
>>74772689
>is there any technology that can treat or relief tinnitus?
Actually, German doctors have found a technical way to cure tinnitus in most cases. To do that, they first have to run some complicated tests to find the frequencies of your specific tinnitus. It has to do with the nerves in your system running on a spike-attenuate-loop.

Once that's done they can generate a specific frequency mix for you to listen on on any MP3 player. First you listen to it half an hour every day, then half an hour per week. After a while the nerves get used to that sound and stop producing tinnitus tones on their own.

I don't think this is covered by health insurance just yet, but when you've been plagued by tinnitus, then maybe you're willing to spend a few bucks on your own for your peace of mind.
>>
>>74775380
Stop baiting, it's a jewish scam
>>74772689
There is no escape but death
>>
>>74772689
Tinnitus has already been ""cured"" technically in test subjects (lab rodents basically)

The problem is that your brain circuitry is overconnected/too easily excited

I imagine it will be a couple years out still until a real workable curative therapy for human patients comes along, there's a real unmet treatment need for sure

Source: I have visual snow syndrome which is likely caused by the same mechanism
>>
>>74772689
screwdriver + hammer
>>
>>74772689
low impedance headphones on the go
>>
>>74773282
You can get damage from loud noises like Cisco Finesse's high pitched tones which they should be sued for.
>>
>>74776530
No. We hardly have any Jews left in Germany. Someone cleaned them all up. Remember? It was kind of a big thing back then. And they never came back afterwards.
>>
>>74772689
over time brain itselfs filters it out, so dont focus on it and just live your life. (Since pretty much every feeling/etc is simulated by brain it will just remove the tinnitus noise if you and then the inner brainworks thinks its unimportant)
>>
File: tinnitus.jpg (10 KB, 202x250)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
https://www.generalfuzz.net/acrn/
I remember this doing something for me.

Ultimately I just got used to it after years and it doesn't bother me. It's hard to tell if anything is having an effect or if I'm just paying more/less attention to something. Kind of annoying in that regard.
>>
>>74775380
>>74776879
These may be the same thing.
>>
>>74776890
Sounds a little too simple. The way they explained the MP3 dealy method is, you don't hear just one frequency, but an individual mix of frequencies that is specific to your nerves and your nerve system. And somehow by listening to a set of complementary tones, you can trick your nervous system into shutting down the feedback loop that lead to the tinnitus in the first place.

Overall its a nervous problem that hits some people harder than others, and generally improves when stress is reduced.
>>
>>74776817
>And they never came back afterwards.
kek there are tons of Israelis living and working in Berlin. they like the better quality of life, public transportation, better paying jobs, and cheaper houses.
>>
>>74777082
Berlin is the most ungerman place in Germany. You can't equate it to the rest. Not by a long shot.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.