[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1571083748573.jpg (53 KB, 1200x900)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
which is more accurate?
>>
Theoretically sealed has a better impulse response but in practice every listening environment is so fucked up it doesn't make any difference. Go for whatever gives you the best output level and low frequency response. The most important thing once you have those taken care of is to get the placement right then measure and calibrate.
>>
>>74772481
Anon here is right. Ported subs tend to have better extension though. In practice neither is more accurate, it comes down to the specific sub
>>
File: chart_enclosure.png (115 KB, 2042x1175)
115 KB
115 KB PNG
>>74772609
> this
If it's done right and the cabinet and port are tuned correctly to the woofer, peaking shouldn't be too bad.
Personally, I like sealed.
>>
>>74772458
Rotary subs.
>>
>>74772635
> wrong chart
>>
I want the subwoofer that goes DOOT... DO-DO-DOOT... DO-DO-DOOOT.. DO-DO-DOOOT the loudest any time I have a cell phone nearest.

It makes me nostalgic.
>>
>>74772635
A peak in the frequency response of the sub doesn't mean much if you're EQ correcting for room response anyway. My main objection to ported subs is that they need to be high passed at the tuning frequency to not explode from over excursion. That's fine if you need maximum output and not ultra low extension. You do get 6db more out of a ported sub at the same power. I'm more of a moderate volume listener with a desire for some <20hz response so sealed works best for me.
>>
>>74772657
><20hz response
you must like the sound of vibrating furniture/house
>>
>>74772742
niggers and other assorted weirdos love rattling the body panels of their car
theyre probably giving themselves heart murmurs
>>
>>74772458
Buy ported, seal it if it's too boomy.

Small subs are not worse just because they are small.
In fact, you're better off buying two 10', than one 12' or 14' since sub frequencies from both your mains will sound better (most don't notice and I'm not gonna say it's a night and day difference since it all relies on how your room can handle it).

Some subs are also known for being slower and more boomy than others, and for movies some like the boomy part, but I hate it, I want a sub that doesn't stand out, and that's the whole point of a sub, it should just take over right before the mains start to fade, even better right before because then you can set the cross over right before the boosted lows on the mains, giving it a smoother transition instead of that wwooooooooOOOOoooooooo feeling where the mains go down to their boosted part just as the sub takes over.

TL;DR, fuck you if you don't have the attentionspan to read all I wrote, buy a ported sub, and stuff it with crusty socks or your dick.
>>
>>74773459
Based
>>
>>74772458
Unless you treat your room with bass traps etc. and position the subwoofer properly (to prevent modes) they will all sound shit. Can't bypass physics son.
>>
>>74772458
sealed

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.