[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

MY EMPIRE OF DIRT
>>
I WILL LET GNU DOWN
>>
I WILL MAKE GNU HURD
>>
File: 1570175832105.jpg (262 KB, 867x881)
262 KB
262 KB JPG
This is maybe the saddest injustice I've seen in my tech career. Funny that it's called 'social justice'.
>>
>>73089782
This. Imagine if torvalds had this coming for him. Luckily linus has a family and a normal social life, so it's not justifiable to "oust" an able man.

For all we know, RMS might be mildly autistic, and all the SJW are just abusing this to kick him to a corner to die
>>
why is the sjw so heartless and horrible
>>
>>73089781
kek
>>
>>73089781
kek
>>
>>73089801
A-are you suggesting social justice is used as a device to oppress instead of empowering? REEEEEE
>>
I HURD MYSELF TODAY
TO COMPILE MY GNU

I BUILT THE TOOLCHAIN
THE ONLY THING THATS REAL

THE PATCH CLEARS A BUG
THAT OLD ROOTKIT TRICK

TRY TO KILL IT ALL AWAY
BUT I OFFEND EVERYONE

WHAT HAVE I BECOME
MY LINUX FRIEND

ALL GNU I KNOW
GO AWAY IN THE END

AND YOU CAN HAVE IT ALL
MY EMPIRE OF DIRT
I WILL LET GNU DOWN
I WILL MAKE GNU HURD

I WEAR MY C.O.C.
ON MY MAILING LIST

FULL OF BROKEN THOUGHTS
I CANNOT REPAIR

im sad /g/uys
>>
>>73089781
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAAAAAAAA
>>
>>73089801
and a twitter SJW daughter for insurance
>>
>>73089801
Linus saved himself with his "behavior rethinking holidays" and the CoC.
>>
>>73090242
And Linus never stays alone with a woman in any event or talk
>>
File: IMG_7545.png (205 KB, 510x405)
205 KB
205 KB PNG
>>73089781
>>
>>73089822
1. If you just ignore them they'll go away
2. The right is just as bad because /pol/
3. Focus on the technology not the politics.
4. Just don't be an asshole and you'll be ok
>>
>>73089739
>>73089760
>>73089781
>>73089962
Fucking based
>>
>>73090367
t. tranny
ignoring the SJWs is what they want. if no one opposses them then they get to take things over and get their way.
>>
>>73090367
>If you just ignore them they'll go away
I refuse to believe there is someone out there who still believes this in good faith.
So, fuck off, bad faith poster.
>>
>>73089739
G-green is my pepper....
>>
>>73090367
1. Literally never was the case. They'll continue to moan, whine and harass while spreading fud until you either snap and provide them with ammunition by "threatening" them or they simply infiltrate the workplace in question.

2. This is another dishonest logical fallacy you fuckers cling to - if you trespass into my property and try to steal from me and I try to forcefully evict you then I somehow become as bad or worse than you but the truth is you're the perpetrator who've started it and in a perfectly just world I should be able to gun you fucking down like the dog that you're.

3. Again same fucking type of dishonest, sociopathic lies. You shit the place up and then try to shut complaints down by implying that they're the ones ruining things by mentioning perpetrator.

4. This is just typical for a 100 IQ retard isn't it. Terms like "hate speech" and "triggering" can literally fucking mean anything nowadays, even stating ultimate truths like calling a fat person fat or a trannie a biological man. Fuck yourself you degenerate, deceiving shit stain. People start to notice your tricks and the moment those retarded 60 year old boomers in charge stop falling for your lies, half-truths and sob stories your days will be over.
>>
>>73090367
The Neoroman Empire will be established and Rustroons will be against the wall.
>>
RMS values our civil liberties.

Just look at his page at https://stallman.org/

I don't agree with everything he believes, but I think his ideas are important. We should challenge ourselves and listen to people who we might disagree with.

He's a pretty open and honest person, and he's been damaged due to SJWs shitting all over him. Instead of shutting him down, we should engage him.
>>
File: 1556203665563.jpg (647 KB, 2272x1704)
647 KB
647 KB JPG
>>73089801
I think RMS might be a bit more than mildly autistic desu
>>
>>73091285
He might be! He has strong beliefs and those beliefs might seem pretty rigid. Autists seem to have rigid beliefs
>>
>>73091333
so having beliefs makes you autistic now?
>>
>>73091347
Look up the definition of rigid
>>
>>73091333
I agree. Plus just with the way he acts in general. If anything, that potential autism helped him with fighting for our freedoms
>>
>>73091347
rigid thinking is a trait of autists
>>
>>73089739
take a shower next time, dude
>>
>>73091376
>Having values is autism

God smite this corrupt generation.
>>
>>73091370
Hell yeah! Totally agree
>>
>>73091385
>assuming autism is a bad thing
>>
>>73091364
>>73091376
so if you have beliefs that you think are worthy of defending instead of yielding to the views of the masses you're autistic now?
>>
>>73091401
Not necessarily, but rigid thinking is a trait of autism. You can google that or bing it or duckduck it.
>>
>>73091423
rigid thinking is just a code word for "doesn't like things I like and I can't convince him otherwise"
you can say anyone has rigid thinking if they won't listen to your bullshit
>>
>>73091401
BTW, I think RMS is awesome
>>
>>73091423
That is about insignificant things, not fundamental values that affect value distribution in society.
>>
>>73089782
I hope society actually collapses during the next recession so that all these fucks that tried to shit on the free software movement all lose everything
>>
>>73091451
I think rigid thinking is any belief that you won't ever bend on. Autists seem to have a lot of rigid beliefs that they refuse to consider that they could be wrong about. At the same time, we all have beliefs that we will never bend on. I assume we all agree that gravity is real! But imagine that you can't believe that any of your beliefs are wrong, and you won't even give anyone a chance to debate them...

Extreme autists freak out about even little things
>>
>>73091511
now that we have this out of the way, can we stop calling rms autistic because his beliefs are different?
>>
>>73091549
His beliefs about artificial scarcity being bullshit and hating thieving merchants have a tradition at least as old as the Roman Empire.
>>
>>73091549
If you go back to what I originally said, I only said he might be autistic... MIGHT. I love the dude, but he might be at least a tiny bit on the autistic spectrum. Hell, I think I might be!
>>
pedophiles and pedophile-enablers get the rope
all is good in the world
>>
>>73091588
It's a pretty fucked up belief he has (enabling that shit), but I don't think he means any harm. He's backtracked about pedo shit, and now he seems to have raised the age to about 13. I dunno, but I wish he considered that that's too young too! I don't agree with him, but I think he would listen to any reasonable debate
>>
>>73090242
Maybe it's all a strategy of self preservation.
>>
>>73090940
>>73091016
>>73091182
>muh trannies ruining muh workplace
cry more fags, i haven't had any problem with these types in years because i don't work for a leftist megacorp and i never will
in reality, you guys are the ones who started it and are trespassing, but you're too stupid to realize it because you've probably been closet leftists the whole time
>>
>>73091712
other people doing stupid things far away from you isn't a problem, that's literally what life on this planet is all about
>>
>>73091712
Just because retards exist, it doesn't mean they're a problem. You can just let them live, ya know? How much harm do you think they are causing, anyways? It's like hating bugs! Who gives a fuck?
>>
File: 1569790536024.gif (3.88 MB, 344x338)
3.88 MB
3.88 MB GIF
>>73090367
>If you just ignore them they'll go away

It was stupid when you faggots said this about Anita Sarkeesian and it's stupid now. Ignoring a blatant problem is never the answer. You wouldn't ignore a virus on your computer, don't ignore these assholes destroying your world around you. Either do something or neck yourself and your stupid unworldly opinion.
>>
>>73091762
see >>73091676
they never were in my world in the first place because i'm not a tremendous faggot like you
>>
>>73091676
>in reality, you guys are the ones who started it and are trespassing, but you're too stupid to realize it because you've probably been closet leftists the whole time
>The people who went so counter culture they chopped their dicks off and get people fired for simple words are not the trespassers in reality, it's you!

There isn't a no brain wojak meme in existence to define how stupid and illogical this post is.
>>
>>73089739
*hugs RMS*
>>
>>73091762
Anita Sarkeesian went away though
>>
>>73091385
>he's just a normal average Joe
It is obvious to everyone that you are bullying someone with a developmental disorder
Seems you're no longer proud of the fact
>>
>>73091801
>hurr i am going to go work for leftist companies and visit leftist websites that are known to fire people for going against "the agenda", despite that i disagree with them
>surely it's everyone but me who is being stupid and illogical!

next thing you are going to post a clown world meme and tell me to dilate
>>
>>73091385
extremism isn't "having values"
>>
>>73091820
I hope she peaked at the UN
>>
File: 1569462372719.jpg (123 KB, 1024x768)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
>>73091787
These fuckers are what gets laws to pass. Both Zoe and Anita have been to the UN, Brianna Wu is running for Congress, these fuckers slither their way into every industry. Vidya, technology, movies, comics, literature you name it. They are there. Bullshit they don't effect you. Bullshit they aren't turning this world into a sterile cushion room where free thinking thought and free speech which is your damned birth right is denied. A place where your entire life can be ruined because you dared to have the audacity to commit wrong think 30 years ago.

Not in "your world"? Not effecting you? Motherfucker how long do you think we've all been here? Don't bullshit us. The world is falling apart because boot licking SOBs like you enjoy servitude instead of preserving your basic human rights. Just because you like the taste of boot doesn't mean the rest of us do. If that suits you then go live in Venezuela and try to write back to us because that's your future under these people.

Strong people create Good times. Good times create Weak people. Weak people create Bad times. Wash rinse and repeat. We can already tell what you are.
>>
>>73091854
>Both Zoe and Anita have been to the UN, Brianna Wu is running for Congress
and what is the net result of that, you tremendous autist?
>>
>>73091854
>person posting Gurren Lagann and /pol/ philosophy complaining about video games and comics is calling someone else a "weak person"
oh the irony
>>
>>73091874
>Someone speaking the truth about not letting people bully you is /pol/ philosophy

Rent free.
>>
>>73091885
I was referring to the last line of his post, but yeah if you think you're being "bullied" by some radical feminists having an influence on video games you're pretty pathetic too
>>
>>73091854
SJWs have gone way too far and need to be stopped
>>
>73091854
>the UN, Congress
none of those institutions affect me
>Vidya, technology, movies, comics, literature
i don't give a fuck about any of this and am posting from a potato computer
>free thinking thought and free speech
you have free speech and yet choose to waste it repeating the same shit memes for years and years
>A place where your entire life can be ruined
i've been "deplatformed" more times than i can count faggot, shit happens but you roll with the punches and stop being a goddamn pussy
>Just because you like the taste of boot doesn't mean the rest of us do.
i've literally been saying that i refuse to work with these assholes this whole time, you're the one crying because you think some tranny is going to get you fired from your prestigious job at walmart
>Strong people create Good times. Good times create Weak people. Weak people create Bad times. Wash rinse and repeat.
your /pol/ memes are stale and won't work here
>>
>Congress doesn't affect me
I guess you don't live in the U.S. then
>>
>>73091333
hes not incapable of being debated into changing his opinion. and he did apologise.
>>
>>73091921
>Can't even reply correctly
>Clearly failed at copy pasting a post number
>A common mistake committed among those who jump free proxies

One of these posters is not like the other. We've seen your type before.
>>
>>73091948
>hes not incapable of being debated into changing his opinion
that's not true
>>
>>73091939
Dearest anon, are you implying that Europoors don't follow up with exactly the same laws America passes in far more cartoonishly and impractical tyrannical form? Surely you jest.
>>
>>73091948
True... I think he might be on the spectrum, but I really don't know, ultimately
>>
>>73089782

You forget the "social" part - society is stupid.

>>73089801

I have no proof but it seems that Linus was blackmailed last year into accepting the CoC.

>>73090149

His daughter might have squealed. Again, no proof.
>>
>>73091939
even if i was living there i would not be dumb enough to attract the attention of the feds (unless i was actively working as a lobbyist again)

>>73091949
extreme genius here doesn't post often enough to have the captcha bugged out and have to copy paste and reload the page
>>
>>73091954
He changed his opinion about pedo shit and raised the age of consent
>>
Ok so here's something I am wondering...
Why do you even need FSF and Stallman at this point?
Just make your own license for your own software project. Make it as open or closed as you want.
But let's be completely real and clear here. All this stuff really only matters to shit built in the 80's extended through the 90's and 200Xs and the 20XXs.
It is just allowing copy-paste of shit from waaaayyy back then and letting us all be lazy as fuck and no real innovation is taking place. Big corps like microsoft, apple, redhat/IBM, oracle..etc wants you to believe innovation comes from them but it really doesn't. It comes from hobbyists doing whatever the fuck they want and corps running with it after it gains some hobby traction.
Foundations and central points are a thing of the older generations and as such they are being absorbed by what I like to call the "normalization process". This "normalization process" is what happens when something new and exciting is taken out of the hobby sphere, out of the small business sphere, and becomes part of big corporate/government infrastructure and thus becomes a vital organ of mass society.
At that point, mass society will act to grind its innovation to a halt, to "normalize" it by mass-distributing it not only as a physical product but mass-producing it as a social aspect, and thus ultimately grind it towards stagnation.

This has happened to Radio, to TV, and now "free" software and soon the internet as a whole.

The next step is decentralization of everything as the new wild-west technology.
But larger corp and gov entities will fight this really hard.

In the end there will be the mainstream internet and the software "free" or not that is available to it and requires it and you can consider this much like current TV and radio...
And then there will be the "pirate" or "dark" internet which will be private networks with a whole new sweet of new OS projects.

You are right here in the first stages of the cyberpunk dystopian world.
>>
>>73089739

Guess who's trying to shut down the Github repository of pro-Stallman info?

https://twitter.com/sarahmei/status/1181674455606579201

>They will even try to censor people defending you.
>>
>>73091998

>Just make your own license for your own software project. Make it as open or closed as you want.

This will absolutely hinder and possibly stop adoption if every corporation has to decode disparate licenses, plus they are already trying to fit usage restrictions in these new post-free licenses which will diverge them along another dimension.
>>
>>73091980
>i would not be dumb enough to attract the attention of the feds

https://www.mrctv.org/blog/canadian-man-could-go-jail-disagreeing-feminists-twitter

I'm sure Gregory Alan Elliott thought that too. Or are you gonna tell me stuff like this won't effect you too? Because frankly you're painting a picture of yourself as an anti social parasite who doesn't have any stake in a society he refuses to interact with. You can only shut yourself in for so long before the outside world bashes in your door.
>>
>>73092021
i don't use twitter (a leftist website) to try and troll leftists so no it won't
like i said before, people like you and that guy are the ones trespassing
>>
>>73091998
>Why do you even need FSF and Stallman at this point?
>Just make your own license for your own software project.
Isn't the whole point of FSF that they will enforce the GPL with legal means? Something a private developer with their own license probably can't afford, say against a large corporation.
>>
>>73091745
Actually, stamping out bugs would be good for you and me my friend
>>
>>73092033
that's not how the law or licenses work at all
>>
>>73092032
>Don't have opinions
>Don't say anything
>Don't go anywhere that is popular
>Just work and consume

You must be a riot at parties.
>>
>>73092043
In theory you are correct
>>
>>73092047
except i never said any of that? i said stop using leftist websites
>>
>>73092052
The branding or author of the license matters little, it's the text of it that matters, people have gotten it into their heads that the GPL or these branded licenses actually mean anything when they don't
Anyone can write one
>>
>>73092005
>https://twitter.com/sarahmei/status/1181674455606579201

OMFG! These people need to realize he's not so fucking bad. SJWs need to chill the fuck out! SJW extremists need to be stopped
>>
>>73089739
Hurt fucking sucks.
>>
File: 1570504404670.jpg (13 KB, 261x221)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>73092056
Tell us anon, you seem like a stable no threatening or offensive person. What kind of hobbyist stuff do you like to do on your down time?
>>
>>73092064
I think you missed what I was trying to say there

>be small developer
>make own license
>megacorp inc steals your code
>you try to fight it in court
>megacorp throws their legal team at you
>eventually you run out of money
>megacorp wins by default

That's what the FSF is for
>>
>>73092017
>This will absolutely hinder and possibly stop adoption if every corporation has to decode disparate licenses,
FUCK corporations.
I'm pretty sure that was the main driving point of the FSF to begin with.
Here is one thing i've learned about ANY corporation. If they want something they will go to any length to get it. So long as they have the capital to expend they will push for it. Corporations are made of people and people are not entirely rational actors.
You make something that just a few key people in a corporation can find it hard to live without, some piece of software they have grown accustomed to, and you can charge them out the fucking gills for support of that software.

>>73092033
IP lawsuits are big money.
I want you to consider that the likes of google owned youtube pussyfoots around the subject of fair-use and copyright law to the point where for the longest time (and still to a degree now) cucks HARD to anyone and everyone making the SLIGHTEST copyright claim on their platform.
Why? Well because proving "fair use" is a hard subjective claim where "There's the shit I created on youtube and this fucker's channel" is as easy as clicking play on the offending video.
Same thing with code.

Now of course finding who took and used your code is an entirely different matter. I would liken it to when "Happy Birthday" song was protected by copyright. How exactly would you ever know some shitty chain restaurant in the middle of nowhere had its employees sing it?
But even that you don't, they still all made their own dumb happy birthday songs because they feared the possible lawsuit.

Now you may be thinking "well shit how could I ever know if a corp is using a piece of my code in their software" well corporations are fucking LAZY because the people working for them are FUCKING LAZY and so it is far more likely that someone working for a corp will just take your shit in whole and package it as their own and that's when you get them.
>>
>>73092081
I suppose so, but I don't think the FSF has alot of money either
>>
>>73092076
I LIKE TO FUCK CANDY
>>
>>73092076
i spend my down time with my friends and family, learning practical skills, fixing things
your problem is your hobbies (video games, movies, comics, etc) are all leftist shut-in consumertard shit to begin with and you just started to notice they're garbage
>>
File: 1570478333549.webm (202 KB, 1200x674)
202 KB
202 KB WEBM
>>73092099
>>
>>73092104
>i spend my down time with my friends and family, learning practical skills, fixing things
yawn
>>
>>73092005
>sarahmei
heres your extreme autist with unchanging opinions.
>>
>>73092104
>Implying I ever said those were my hobbies
>Noticing people invading other industries make them your interests and not just open minded observations

I think you might be on the spectrum son.
>>
>>73092123
stop calling your hobbies "industries" it makes you sound like a /v/tard
>>
>>73092112
good job telling me i'm boring, but you forgot the part where you tell me how the new fortnite dance is just too cool for you to pass up
>>
>>73092126
I don't even play video games you just sound like a fucking retard
Nobody's impressed that you're larping as a boomer and your only interest is "fixing things"
>>
>>73092125
>>73092126
>Has to respond to every post

Holy shit you really are autistic.
>>
>>73089781
>>73089962
this is really potent to my feelings
>>
>>73092136
If you think those two posters are the same person, you're mistaken
>>
File: I Will Make GNU Hurt.png (15 KB, 328x560)
15 KB
15 KB PNG
>>
>>73092128
nobody's impressed that you're a grown man who still plays video games
>>
>>73092153
>I don't even play video games
can you read?
>>
>>73089760
>>73089781
>>
>>73092158
yes and i'm calling you out for being a lying faggot
>>
Hey so these things all swarm around an operating system and the suite of software with it.
Why not make your own?
Fuck, why not build Temple OS into an actual usable thing?

Seriously, what's stopping you? You're all supposed to be computer gods with all the superior programming knowledge and languages and desires for privacy and moral/ethical considerations etc etc...
Why not just do it?
>Linux and stuff got big because right time and place!
Yeah?
I can't think of any other right time for a new paradigm than right now as the current software houses collapse under the full realization of the bullshit 70's born paradigms that caught up to them.
>>
>>73092163
Is it that hard to believe? You spend all your free time fixing your car and mowing the lawn apparently
>>
>>73092164
Where do you think you are?
>>
>>73092172
naw, i spend a lot of time fixing other people's shit because i actually have friends that i care about
>>
>>73092188
It's like you're really living in the 1950s
>>
>>73092153
Playing video games has to be one of the worst “hobbies” ever invented. No benefit and lots of downsides. Especially if you don’t grow out of it. You can always spot a “gamer” because they’re an adult stuck with a 14 year old kid’s mentality.

Look at any of the top “gamers” and you’ll see what I mean. Sure, programmers are similar although not as bad, but at least they do something of value.
>>
File: 1569459503307.jpg (51 KB, 1440x1080)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>73092188
>Thinks those people are his friends

Man you're in for one Hell of a midlife crisis.
>>
>>73092191
no i'm just not stupid enough to live in whatever shithole town you live in
>>
>>73092179
Good point.
Everyone here is just a consumer. Not a single producer at all.
I'm pretty sure anybody claiming to have contributed to a project is doing shit like documentation and bug finding.
Always bug chasers in this place.
>>
>>73092201
Can't be worse than your town where everyone needs you to fix their shit apparently
>>
>>73092200
true friendship is about having correct expectations, if you've personally had a crisis then likely your expectations need to change

>>73092208
please point me to this magical land where nothing ever breaks and everything works perfectly all the time
>>
>>73092220
If my shit breaks I'd rather hire a real electrician or a plumber than some autist who does it for fun
>>
>>73092203
Anyone know what ever happened to CloverOS or that Browser that used Moonman as an icon? The Hell ever happened to Tox? I remember hearing about drama and then nothing.
>>
>>73092229
it's funny that you think someone cannot do something for a job but also enjoy doing the same thing for fun
>>
>>73092248
so you're a tradesman who then goes home and does the same thing for fun? You truly are autistic
>>
>>73092248
He said he wants a professional. Not a shit poster that does it for fun while trying to act like an intellectual boomer on here of all places.
>>
>>73092255
so let me guess, your play video games 8 hours a day and watch anime the other 8 hours? which one do you consider work?
>>
>>73092261
i'm not even a tradesman, weird that you drew that conclusion though
>>
>>73092268
I could watch anime 16 hours a day and I'd still be a more interesting person than mr "time with my family and learning practical skills" over here
>>
File: 1523507288183.jpg (40 KB, 657x527)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>73089782
Socially retarded autist had it coming. I'm surprised he didn't get cancelled earlier considering he openly defended pedophilia claiming children can consent.
If you're a raging autist that eats shit from his foot in public you should totally shut the fuck up and NEVER discuss anything you might have an opinion on because it will be completely disconnected from reality.
>>
>>73092297
People don't get cancelled for having controversial opinions. People get cancelled for political reasons, the controversial opinions are just used to justify it. In Stallman's case it was the Epstein/MIT debacle
>>
>>73091998
I think what you have to say here is pretty interesting. We have a situation in which we want to be able to have freedom and decentralization. We're here, right now, on this anon message/image board, and we have a bit more freedom to discuss ideas on here. We value that kind of stuff, or so I think.

I don't want the government to shut down our ability to openly discuss things, anonymously, on the internet. I don't want them to shut down the dark web, as that stuff can bring about innovation in technology and other things. Freedom has advantages and disadvantages, but I'd rather have lots of freedom than live in a world that is full of cameras and facial recognition and social credit scores! I don't want live in a future where we are all controlled down to even the minor details of ourselves. Authoritarian countries are heading in that direction.

>Why do you even need FSF and Stallman at this point?

Stallman is all about civil liberties, and he stands for these ideals that support freedom. He's important to support. SJWs want to bring him down, but we shouldn't let them get away with that. SJWs are social authoritarians in their own way
>>
>>73092086

>I'm pretty sure that was the main driving point of the FSF to begin with.

One of the four freedoms is the freedom to use the software however you'd like. The social justice licenses aim to curtail certain uses.
>>
File: 1523217709670.png (13 KB, 638x561)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
>>73092307
>People don't get cancelled for having controversial opinions.
This is quite literally the reason people get cancelled.
Someone dislikes you for some reason, they dig up retarded shit you said, you're in deep shit now. Doesn't have to be politically motivated.
Now Stallman probably was, but it's not always political.
He had said some dumb shit before Epstein too.
Bottom line is, if you're a fucking autist holding even a tiny bit of fame, power or clout just shut the fuck up about your opinions. Nobody gives a shit and it will come to bite you in the ass.
>>
>>73092289
you are denigrating me for caring about my family while claiming it's more valuable to have popularity in some weeb discord chat
>>
>>73089962
What song is this? I want to know rythm
>>
>>73092344
Hurt by NIN.
>>
>>73092346
One of the greatest songs
>>
>>73092346
Thanks
>>73092356
Subjectively.
>>
Stallman at this very moment: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_ihXlWKC7g&t=2m3s
>>
>>73092399
>Subjectively
yep, my humble bullshit opinion :D
>>
File: rms purr.jpg (48 KB, 600x400)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>
>>73092346
Who is Johnny Cash ?
>>
That song is about heroin abuse you fucking retard your lyrics don't even match the tempo.
>>
File: 1565021552500.gif (1.41 MB, 280x210)
1.41 MB
1.41 MB GIF
Great, so GNU is now just the CIA's play thing.
>>
File: rick_rubin.jpg (131 KB, 1200x630)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
>>73092593
Johnny Cash worked with Rick Rubin to remake that song
>>
File: 1540496482503.jpg (90 KB, 640x784)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
>>73092663
Why are all these prophets reincarnating as specialists in technology?
>>
/pol/ warned you and you told us to fuck off. how you like them apples?
>>
>>73092676
Well, if you can grow a big beard, you can do big tech, right?
>>
>>73092706
Most were more concerned about losing stallman 2bh. Now we don't know what will happen with this shit.
>>
>>73092706
Hey, I've been pretty anti-sjw for a long time. Don't think /g/ is mainly pro-sjw. it's up for debate
>>
>>73092706
I'm anti-sjw but I'm not an unironic nazi, that's a huge fucking leap
>>
>>73092741
this board has gone to shit with trannies and SJW since the mods allowed reddit general threads to stay up 24/7
>>
>>73092764
Even if you support trannies, It doesn't mean you are pro-sjw. You need to consider things a little deeper, i think!
>>
File: 1561069361750.jpg (14 KB, 333x279)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>73092741
This board used to be worse than /pol/.
>>
>>73092763
>he actually bought the meme that all of /pol/ are nazis
>>
>>73092791
yes it does because its a social justice cause to support trannies gain rights or w/e the fuck they want.
>>
>>73092801
No, they're worse than nazis.
>>
File: 1548252982086.png (403 KB, 450x519)
403 KB
403 KB PNG
>>73092839
Yeah sure they are.
You did interact with the board and aren't just going off what the faggots who got unironically hate them say on the other boards, right?
>>
>>73092706
>/pol/ warned you and you told us to fuck off. how you like them apples?
We never told you to fuck off, those were SJWs from reddit.
>>
>>73092828
I support freedom. RMS supports freedom. I support people being able to do whatever the fuck they want as long as they aren't hurting anyone else. If you want to control harmless people's lives, move to China and join their government
>>
>>73089782
yea, is it just me or is it getting crazier out there
>>
File: thedude.gif (416 KB, 320x438)
416 KB
416 KB GIF
>>73092853
You've never seen the big lebowski, clearly.
>>
>>73092862
I dont want to control peoples lives trannies do by making people accept them and pay for their surgery.
>>
File: 1554554171385.gif (2.6 MB, 800x592)
2.6 MB
2.6 MB GIF
>>73092888
I haven't watched it in years, all I can remember is the toilet scene, Jesus and then the final two scenes.
Oh and the Burt Reynolds(?) Cowboy
>>
File: 1514417490756.jpg (602 KB, 1024x1347)
602 KB
602 KB JPG
>>
>>73092904
You ever consider that trannies could exist that don't care about having Medicare for all or any of that commie bullshit?

I don't give a shit if someone is a tranny or an insect. Why not let them live and do as they please? They aren't causing any harm other than maybe making some other people become trannies, but wtf ever! It's not like the world is going to become tranny world! If you think that might happen, I don't think there is any more to discuss. I won't hate you for having your beliefs, but I'd wish you consider changing your mind.
>>
>>73092916
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_29yvYpf4w
>>
>>73093029
"I mean, say what you want about the tenets of national socialism, dude, but at least it's an ethos!"

Fucking nihilism, dude!
>>
File: 1553972930527.jpg (36 KB, 404x511)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>73089739
You should've listened.
>>
>>73093074
That film is 4chan in a nutshell.
>>
>>73093081
Ted Kaczynski can fuck off. He might as well have been a nihilist!
>>
>>73093092
>not blazing saddles
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AOeSrLCD-U
>>
>>73093092
very true!
>>
>>73093121
>dude get's dragged down a rabbit hole that he never intended to get involved with
>car get's trashed by nihilist
>has annoying jewish mate that always freaks out over nazies and has war flashbacks
>aspie mate
Literally 4chan.
>>
File: the dude and stranger.png (617 KB, 958x517)
617 KB
617 KB PNG
>>73093141
Nice to meet you
>>
>>73089781
We should just really make GNU Hurd happen and use it to save Stallman. This is the plan:
>FSF/GNU have betrayed freedom for inclusiveness
>But they still care about the Hurd
>We release a set of patches of the Hurd under a special license
>In order for an individual to acquire the four freedoms over our code they cannot badmouth anyone in the project inside the project (keep that to personal blogs) and they have to undo any political decision made against someone from the project.
>we outdo sjws at their own game
>our CoC is better than theirs, if they don't like it they'll turn again to BSD or something something mozilla license,
>convince sjws that this will make them feel more safe
>but just won't be able to play that card against people like torvalds or RMS anymore
>gpl4, the most inclusive license, without any /pol/itical bullshit
>>
File: 1549050483361.png (176 KB, 477x477)
176 KB
176 KB PNG
>>73093203
Why did we stop posting lebowski screenshots?
I swear they were everywhere when I first came here.
>>
>>73092801
>i was only pretended to be retarded
The fact that SJW exist shouldn't justify uncitisenshiping woman.
>>
>>73093266
I swear they're just there to keep other women on their toes about this shit.
>>
File: nihilists burning car.png (573 KB, 959x517)
573 KB
573 KB PNG
>>73093260
let's blame it on the nihilists, dude!
>>
File: 1545565657972.jpg (78 KB, 677x779)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>>73093292
Well....
>>
>>73089801
>SJW are just abusing
this is the truth
>>
>>73089822
because this is what they are: hateful people bullying others
>>
>>73093298
Nah, man! Fuck that! I've gotten to a point where I'm happy, even despite this crazy world. It's worth sticking around and fighting for.

In Utero is their best album, imho
>>
>>73093298
*pops in In Utero*
*head bangs*
>>
>>73093298
I suffered for a good 20 years with anxiety and depression. I had freedom, yet I was in prison in my own mind. Even if I only live another year, one happy year is worth living for.
>>
You think he wanted to fuck her? Is it alright if he wanted to even if he didn't pursue it?
>>
>>73092047
>muh parties
>>
>>73089781
Based
>>
>>73089782
It is social justice, Stallman is a priviliged fuck that was taken down to a level playing field, now he can compete without the system artificially propping him up.
>>
>>73089801
wildly autistic*

fuck the sjw for picking on disabled people because they can't get to normal people
>>
>>73089739
>>73089760
>>73089781
based. Rip stallman
>>
>>73092164
Right now it's actually more important to destroy socjus than it is to create a new FSF, kernel, userland, etc. Otherwise any work done towards the technical side of things will inevitably be compromised by these bastards
>>
>>73094558
stallman would disagree with you as he supports social justice, so you can fuck right off
the the free software movement IS a form of social justice movement whether you like it or not, nothing is being compromised because trannies are allowed to use and contribute to the software, that's literally the whole fucking point is that nobody can ban people they don't like
>>
>>73090367
it's funny how this still works lmao, nice tactic, nerds are too weak against entry level social manipulation
>>
>>73095018
Quit being a retard, you know what he meant by socjus, which is to say, not justice at all.

No one wants to end social justice. We want to end social terrorism.
>>
File: 1459720345538.jpg (257 KB, 1024x674)
257 KB
257 KB JPG
>>73089739
many mildly left-leaning 'murcuns were super triggered when trump won. terribly afraid of a world where a guy who brags about grabbin a handful of pussy can become president. they feel the need to fight back and have become SUPER vigilant about even the slightest shit.

personality disorders on twitter -- narcissists, hystrionics, psyops, etc -- reaching lots of people and stirring them up. people addicted to outrage, righteousness, indignation. feel like if they don't fight back they will lose their freedum

meanwhile alt-right trolls the shit out of them.

normal centrist murcuns getting triggered all over the place. either 1) the trannies are gonna ruin my open-sores, 2) the trannies are gonna steal my job, 3) the trannies are gonna cancel me and i'll be homeless like stallman.

fuck the sjws. they're literally ruining peoples lives and are so far beyond anything. the political climate on the coasts, where tech lives for the most part has always been libcuck. So we see them succeeding in infiltrating our playground.

>mfw I don't know how to fight them back without descending to their level.
>>
>>73089739
Isn't this guy a pedo-apologist?
>>
Beneath the stains of time
The feelings disappear
You are someone else
I am still right here
>>
>>73091859
Countries the world over enacting anti-speech laws, including things like removing children from homes if parents don't let them transition, forcing children in schools to transition if a t 5 years old the girl likes to play with trains (and if the parents object they literally go to jail), misgendering a tranny being a CRIMINAL offense, letting children perform striptease for gay men at gay pride and plastering their act on the biggest adboards in the country, jailing people for the likes of saying something so mild as "unconstrained immigration might not be the best strategy because the immigrants don't get the time to adapt", CoCs in every free software project, top tier contributors being cancelled left and right (stallman, linus, tso, that one freebsd dev), the death of GPL (see SO, many previously foss projects also started including the (((ethical))) license - google or search on github for proof)
>>
>>73089739
this is exactly why trannies and the like must die
>>
>>73091998
>License
Because if you make your own license you need your own lawyer to make sure nobody steals your shit. With a license like the GPL, Stallman's lawyers will help you at preferential rates. Moreover there is no precedent of defending your license so you don't know if it will hold in court. The same is not true of GPL that has been enforced by courts many times.

>Stallman
Without him, NOBODY speaks about free software. I have my own job so I can't do that either. The talks I give are of a different nature. Isn't it strange, though, that even the other GNU people aren't talking about free software? But it is how it is, only Stallman is out there evangelizing.

Even the craziest conspiracy theorists didn't have the foresight of Stallman's in things like hardware backdoors and how they would be implemented, and big companies spying on everyone. Without Stallman to have the balls to publicize material warning us that it's in fact real, we would be in a hell of a worse situation currently.

>FSF
An organization needs to back you for your legal defense, where else are the funds for lawyers and whatnot? Same with Stallman: how can he evangelize without money to travel?
>>
>>73097644
>Even the craziest conspiracy theorists didn't have the foresight of Stallman's in things like hardware backdoors and how they would be implemented, and big companies spying on everyone. Without Stallman to have the balls to publicize material warning us that it's in fact real, we would be in a hell of a worse situation currently.
Stallman is a time traveler confirmed
>>
>>73094250
literally this, the only reason niggers haven't written the next gcc/emacs yet is because they need mo money fo dem programs n sheeit yo
>>
>>73091460
which things are insignificant (or not) also are beliefs, which are rigid (or not) to each person.

>>73091921
>you have free speech and yet choose to waste it
The fascist reveals himself.
Whether or not his actions were "wasted" is for the actor to decide; then to redouble or to cease his efforts.

The opinions of others do not figure into this.

When an unsubstantiated and unqualified accusation of "waste" is leveraged against an individual, rather than the moral value of freedom as a whole, it is a demoralization tactic, wherein the act of speaking indicates the malign disingenuousness on the part of the speaker, who seeks a stop to the actions which threaten his interests, though the false premise that the actions are "wasted" rather than harmful.

You could with less mendacity persuade by arguing, despite appearances, your mutual interest: that harms done you, indirectly, but inevitably, rebound to harm the perpetrator.
If your aims entirely coincided, you could concede that "waste" does have some small effect, but PROVE other means (i) possible and (ii) MORE effective.
Ideally by concrete examples and praxis.

But without making the attempt to persuade by wit rather than deceit, you have only demonstrated that you are a slave driver, more accustomed to ruling by force than by reason: that all "effective" means are possible for you - yet not so for others.

https://stallman.org/rms-lifestyle.html
Stallman cites the example of "victim-coperpetrators" (peer pressure) in wearing ties.
He feels personal discomfort in wearing them, and he particularly despises the symbolic subservience to the "employer" that donning that cloth yoke represents.
If the requirement of wearing ties is "senseless", then accordingly the time and money in manufacturing, purchasing, storing, cleaning etc. ties is "wasted".

The difference between Stallman and (You)?
He does not abuse his readers with invective like:
>"You have the freedom not to wear ties, but you waste it"
>>
>>73089782
I've been calling it social terrorism. You should too. Calling it "justice" is playing by their rules, in their newspeak world.
>>
*saves free software*
>>
>>73091977
Linus is a corporate slave and sucks cocks deliberately, no need for blackmail.
>>
>>73089782
Just as social democracy is not actually democracy, social justice is not justice. Add "social" to anything to pervert it.
>>
>>73099999
>>73099999
>>73099999
>>
>>73091182
Thank you
>>
>>73091854
This is why I cant stand the "moderate left" just because you're not at the forefront of this doesn't mean your capitulation and deference hasnt contributer to this all getting worse.

The complete irony is that everyone new to /pol/ since 2012 has essentially been a leftist at the start.
The problems and the solution have become undeniable to even the dumbest of the dumb.
Which is why it's so hard to believe the deniers are acting in good faith.
>>
>>73098105
this post bores me, you typed all that just to justify calling me a fascist because i criticized someone else for being wasteful, which by the way is me exercising my own free speech
my goal is not "to persuade" or "to rule" or "to be like stallman" any of the other completely irrelevant things you've brought up
>>
Being genuinely autistic, Jewish, and overweight isn't enough diversity points to offset the white male debuff?
>>
>>73101308
nothing is getting worse and things have always been shit

>The problems and the solution have become undeniable to even the dumbest of the dumb.
this is a piss-poor justification for you to dig your heels in, you chose the easy path because it's easy, not because it's correct
>>
>>73091977
Linux did have a CoC before then new one, but it was kind of a snarky one called a Code of Conflict.
>>
CUNNY PRIDE WORLD WIDE
>>
>>73091820
She didnt. She just is less public about it but has even more sway in the gaming industry
>>
>>73101431
The "white male" class automatically fails all social justice rolls but can be negated by dual-classing into tranny or taking the "defender of yahweh" prestige class
>>
>>73102955
Because that worked out so well for stallman, right?
>>
>>73092593
a guy who made a cover of that song
>>
>>73102939
>has even more sway in the gaming industry
she doesnt you tinfoil hat retard
shes a charlatan, and they can only only stick around for so long
>>
File: Hume.png (94 KB, 756x566)
94 KB
94 KB PNG
>>73101379
Ignoring whether calling someone "fascist" on an imageboard where a significant portion are indeed fascists can be considered ad-hominem (being one, my use of that word embodies a degree of ironic self-deprecation), the exercise of authority, even the most benevolent, tends to arouse opposition, which is why it behooves even the most benighted to justify their assertions:
the only necessary condition for fascism is to hold authoritarian beliefs and attitudes, so labeling (accurately) such people as fascist should be understood only as criticism of the underlying beliefs and attitudes.

>free speech
Hanlon’s Razor is wrong.
Things which appear to be either stupid or malicious are usually, both.
It is hard not to read intent, when a minimum degree on intelligence is assumed, and when axioms like "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" or "what can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence" are widely known.

So there are things, which being said, implicate you at once as privileged, vicious, and stupid.

The Deplorable thing is the person behind it; the speech itself is guiltless.
Even supposing speech to be a moral offense requiring "punishment", proportionality (e.g. lex talionis) requires the only "punishment" for speech, be counter-speech.

>"to persuade" or "to rule"
There is a naive understanding which sets certain speech e.g. of "objective fact" or of "subjective, personal aesthetic preference" outside the category of persuasion. But in real life all speech is intended to persuade; at times, to convince yourself as much as to convince others.
The intent of all speech, all communication, even in unintelligent life, or electronic devices, is to cause an effect on something at a distance - in other words, it is a mechanism of control (albeit frequently an imperfect one).

David Hume divides force from opinion, yet of what use is force, other than to change peoples opinions?
>>
>>73104252
I bet you think you're really smart
>>
File: 1561157744733.png (92 KB, 575x379)
92 KB
92 KB PNG
>>
funny how the community goes nuts over a code of conduct but not over gplv3.
>>
>>73098269
based
>>
>>73104270
There isn't anything wrong with GPLv3. There also isn't anything wrong with codes of conduct either.
>>
>>73104283
its the communities' reactions to them im criticizing.
>>
>>73104252
there is a reason most people here just say "kill yourself faggot" instead of typing all that shit, because you reach the same conclusion much much quicker, so just say what you mean next time and stop wasting my time with your pseudo-intellectual drivel

>all speech is intended to persuade
>it is a mechanism of control
my speech is neither and is the exception to those things, deal with it
in fact you should always do the exact opposite of what i say
>>
fuck off /pol/
>>
>>73104270
You dont have to use gplv3. Gpl2 works fine.

But what happened to rms? I'm not seeing any source in this thread
>>
>>73104241
Keep telling yourself that, maybe it will come true
>>
>>73104252
Those arent the only necesary conditions for fascism. People just say fascist because it sounds more powerful than calling someone an authoritarian. Those words are not actually interchangeable.
>>
>>73105466

https://sterling-archermedes.github.io/
ttps://medium.com/@whoisylvia/richard-stallman-has-been-vilified-by-those-who-dont-know-him-a3907b25b4c7
https://jorgemorais.gitlab.io/justice-for-rms/
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/libreplanet-discuss/2019-09/msg00259.html
https://blog.frantovo.cz/c/377/
https://fsforce.noblogs.org/
https://trisquel.info/en/forum/free-software-force-calling-support
https://www.muylinux.com/2019/09/27/richard-stallman-gnu-free-software-force/

LONG LIVE RMS AND FREE SOFTWARE!
>>
>>73091893
COPE
>>
One more

https://gnu.support/richard-stallman/Ludovic-Court%C3%A8s-Guix-is-accusing-Stallman-of-Thoughtcrime-on-his-own-domain-GNU-org.html
>>
>>73105581
nice to see the libreboot tranny actually defending rms
>>
>>73105581
I mean what happened in a last few days? He was outed from fsf, yea, that's old news. Did that old feet eating fat wanker kill himself after or what? Last I saw he posted that he's still in charge of gnu.
>>
>>73106521
Stop with that antisemitism, bigot.
>>
>>73092005
>>73092073

If this faggot is referring to censoring this link which exonerates RMS https://sterling-archermedes.github.io/

Then this faggot is 100% confirmed as a bad faith actor, who is extremely likely being paid to attack RMS by any means. This faggot MUST be defeated to save RMS.

LONG LIVE RMS AND FREE SOFTWARE!
>>
>>73106714
not surprising. kick out the controlling autist with misinformation and character assassination, plant your own lackeys, ruin the org from petty politics.
>>
>>73090242
corruption of champions?
>>
>>73091676
Then you are apart of the problem.
>>
>>73092005
>Github repository of pro-Stallman info
what is this?
>>
>>73092005
why do tranners hate freedom?
>>
>>73089781
holy fucking kek
>>
>>73105707
I was just thinking about what's his stance on this when I clicked the link.
Glad to see he has some sense left in him.
>>
>>73092346
johnny cash cover is much better though.
drug addict hurting himself VS old man thinking back on his life and regrets.
>>
>>73089782
funny that 'social justice' = lynch mob
>>
>>73089782
it's been happening every day for years, you just notice now because they touched something you value
>>
>>73107157
fucking zoomer
>>
>>73091854
>effecting
stopped reading right there.
>>
>>73107434
that's literally the opposite you absolute retard
>>
>>73091893
what exactly are you supposed to do when political correctness knocks on your door, pretend everything is fine?
>>
>>73089781
include me in the screenshot
>>
>>73108785
Roll over and die. Preferably after checking your privilege.
>>
>>73108785
Lie to their face and pretend to agree then vote for trump.
>>
>>73108785
redefine political correctness and use it against them
>>73093228
>>
>>73109617
Make it illegal to talk about wahmin and mens issues in the name of equality. Once again corporations win.
>>
>>73092979

hoe-lee fuk, saved
>>
>>73108785
get checked out because you're suffering from delusional paranoia
>>
>>73089782
He dared to be a while male. Fuck him.
>>
>>73111845
what do you mean delusional? some of the content I have posted online can be reframed as hate speech, so if I ever had a viable product I'd have to post it under a psuedonym just to be safe from the dangerhairs I have pissed off when I'm bored
>>
>>73112038
Don't mind the social justice terrorist. It is scared of independent thought.
>>
>>73090367
wrong on all accounts
>>
ugh, who cares,
literally nothing will change in the computer world if this pedophile weirdo gets out
>>
>>73091820
not at all
>>
>>73090367
t. been living under a rock for the past 5 decades
>>
>>73107157
>drug addict
Literally not what the song is about you retard
>>
File: 1569000218379.jpg (41 KB, 706x1200)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>73090367
>>
>>73107157
Cash was a drug addict though
>>
rms has been heard saying lately that he feels that his entire life has been a failure. people close to him are genuinely worried about his state of mind.
>>
>>73114074
He went from being supported by MIT for the good he does for free software to being shamed and homeless. He's always been a sperg that eats toe jam and talks about sex with birds, and it hasn't mattered because he is truly dedicated to free software in a way that almost no one is.
>>
>>73089739
I HEAR THE TOP OF THE GNU RESIGNED
KILL EVERYBODY THERE
>>
>>73112423
it's not the SocJus clowns I'm afraid of, it's the fact that governments are going full UK
>>
>>73089739

The FSF is not yet pozzed, they just caved to pressure.

Email info@fsf.org and let them know you want RMS back and donate so your word carries more weight and you don't look like a neet.
>>
Why can't we have nice thing?
It hurt.
>>
>>73114074
I know that feel.
>>
File: 1560110350379.jpg (122 KB, 960x960)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
>>73091838
but it is lol
>>
>>73114468

We should demand a vote for RMS as FSF President during the next election. I am very certain the shills who are attacking RMS are a minority, there are literally only 7 main perpetrators.
>>
I don't know if he "deserved it" but at what point in your computer science career do you think it's appropriate to ever talk about rape? Your colleague allegedly had sex with a 17 year old that may or may not have been forced into it? Say "I don't know if I believe that, based on my knowledge of this person, that he would have done that."
That's it, keep your fucking head down and act professionally. Otherwise make these comments with close friends and family who might understand where you're coming from.
>>
Play commie games get commie prizes
>>
>>73115924
RMS likes to push the boundaries with his beliefs. He seems to want to push discussion about controversial issues.

I agree with you to a certain extent... that you should keep these comments with people who are close to you, who might understand you.

I don't think he wants to keep quiet tho.

I think he wants to nudge society to think deeper about controversial issues, so he pushes the limits.

I see SJWs freaking out about him giving out "pleasure cards". I think the pic I'm posting is what they were talking about. So, he flirted and gave them his card? For real? That's what they are freaking out about? But if you look at the card, you can see how that could be called a pleasure card. OMG HE LIKES TENDER EMBRACES!!! BURN HIM!!!

Someone tell me if I'm wrong about the card, but I think that's what they were freaking out about. Sad if true.
>>
>>73115924
Yep, I nailed it. The pleasure cards are just his 'business card'.

https://geekfeminism.wikia.org/wiki/Richard_Stallman

>Rather than handing out business cards, Richard has "pleasure cards" which describe his personal interests, including "tender embraces". He hands these out to people of any gender, but what may appear whimsical to men who receive them may seem creepy to women.
>>
>>73090367
>3. Focus on the technology not the politics.
>4. Just don't be an asshole and you'll be ok
This is honestly true. I keep saying this, and no one on /g/ listens because all they want to do is meme and spread lies, but no one even has jobs so it doesn't mean diddly squat.
Once you're employed, you'll quickly realize that it's not all about muh tranny normalization. Everyone just wants to work on their product and get it shipped. If you're working in a place that sincerely does push their LGBT agenda, you should leave, cause you're not gonna learn anything new to make your life better at that place.
If you are concerned about being called out for your beliefs, then just shut the fuck up and don't voice them. No one gives a crap what you think as long as you do your work.
>m-muh furst amendment, i can spew whatever the fuck i want
You're only protected by the BoR in the eyes of the government. Private entities can infringe upon your rights to their hearts' content because you essentially sign them away in their presence.
No one can refute this because this is objective truth.
>>
>>73115924
Ultimately, as long as you yourself aren't doing anything illegal, harming others, I don't think you should lose your job over your beliefs about sexuality.
>>
File: bate.jpg (127 KB, 1280x720)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
>>73116428
Impressive. Very nice.
Let's see Paul Allen's card
>>
>>73115924
>at what point in your computer science career do you think it's appropriate to ever talk about rape?
You're talking about it right now. Do you have a computer science career?
>>
>>73116522
Ok yeah, but you can't act surprised when someone says "Hey man, that's kinda inappropriate and you shouldn't have said that. We're gonna let you go."
I'm all for RMS, I practically worship the guy, but you cannot be an adult and think this shit flies, especially in this day and age. Especially in a place filled with 20-somethings (like MIT, or Google).
At some point you just have to keep your shit to yourself. That was RMS's problem. I love him for it, but that's also what caused his downfall.
More than anything, I lament the mischaracterizations that have led to this outcome. If you spend ANY meaningful length of time reading what he writes, listen to him speak, or watch any of his many recordings, you'll quickly understand that the guy oozes empathy, but that he's a highly theoretical and autistically minded person. What I mean is that, though he has the ability to empathize with and connect with people, he also tackles problems and hypothetical situations from a purely theoretical viewpoint, never really thinking about the real world consequences of what he says.
>>
>>73116576
check em
>>
>>73116608
>At some point you just have to keep your shit to yourself
the absolute state of currentyear universities
>>
>>73116576
Look at that subtle off-white coloring; the tasteful thickness of it... Oh my God, it even has a watermark.
>>
File: 1530338646132.jpg (23 KB, 399x386)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>73089782
>low key trying to play down pedophilia
>saddest injustice
>>
File: 1563157924313.png (18 KB, 216x212)
18 KB
18 KB PNG
>The right is just as bad because /pol/
>>
>>73116608
>What I mean is that, though he has the ability to empathize with and connect with people, he also tackles problems and hypothetical situations from a purely theoretical viewpoint, never really thinking about the real world consequences of what he says.

Yeah, totally. He ultimately also has to accept / take responsibility for the consequences of his actions.

He probably got too close to the sun on this one.

But I also applaud him for trying. I don't believe he should have been fired from his position over his sexual beliefs. He believes in civil liberties, and he became an example of how we have lost a piece of liberty.
>>
>>73116634
What do you expect happens at uni's? At the end of the day you still have to eat whatever shit is served there basically and hope the degree you're doing is worth shit.
>>
>>73116735
>He ultimately also has to accept / take responsibility for the consequences of his actions. No need to apologize for what he said, what's done is done. It's just frustrating when all the niggers come out of the woodwork to make this a rallying cry for "AHH, YA CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NO MORE, YA CAN'T MAKE JOKES, YA CAN'T DO NOTHING"
When in fact, what happened was
>I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you are referring to as "Pedophila and Rape" is, in fact, Presentment/Ephebophilia, or as I've recently taken to calling it, Presentment+Ephebophilia.
This interjection was only evidence of his autism, not any malice he had towards anyone involved. I can see why the triggered snowflakes got all up in arms about what Stallman said, but I also cannot justify sacking him - but that's their modus operandi at this point. You can't expect to trigger SJWs and then not get fired for it.
>>
>>73116729
>everything has to be muh right or muh left because otherwise it's muh lightened centrests
>>
>>73114074
>rms sobs silently in a corner
>he sees his gnu plushie
>wipes tears
>turns on trisquel thinkpad
>notifications flood telling him about how the world each day wants to shit more on him
>turns them off
>going against his strong beliefs of not using proprietary js, he enters the cia page
>access server directly
>gnu/hack
>he releases the code for all 5000 nuclear bombs as a contribution for the fsf
>"no hard feelings" he writes as a footnote
>back at the fsf trannies are puzzled
>a whir sound starts getting louder on their ears
>all us nuclear stock drops on top of them
>stallman turns off thinkpad
>hugs gnu
>"the fuckers can have the fsf now"
I just wanted to write this
>>
>>73116877
Whew! I think we agree?

>You can't expect to trigger SJWs and then not get fired for it.
Yep! He should understand the consequences of his actions, but at the same time, I say, fuck SJWs!

>This interjection was only evidence of his autism
I'm pretty sure he's on the spectrum... And that's fine!

I think we agree on shit, but you kinda sounded aggressive, so I dunno! :D
>>
File: 2019-10-10_22-38.png (57 KB, 590x344)
57 KB
57 KB PNG
>>73092005
I think this was called off
apparently she is now trying to destroy github
>>
>>73117003
doesn't she work for ICE or some other part of US government? the crackhead behavior is jumping out
>>
>>73117027
>doesn't she work for ICE or some other part of US government?
don't know about this
what i remember from another thread is that her company is facing trouble because gpl got in their way
so they tasked her to deal with it so the company is free of moving around
(i don't know if it is a problem of licensing or an idealist inside the company that annoyed the uppers)
>>
>>73117027
yes
>>73117003
>I will be advising my colleagues to seek alternatives to your service
Heavens to Betsy, the social terrorists are considering moving their dotfiles and css templates off of GitHub!!1!
>>
File: Cirno.jpg (502 KB, 1280x1024)
502 KB
502 KB JPG
>>73116877
> >>I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you are referring to as "Pedophila and Rape" is, in fact, Presentment/Ephebophilia, or as I've recently taken to calling it, Presentment+Ephebophilia.
>This interjection was only evidence of his autism, not any malice he had towards anyone involved. I can see why the triggered snowflakes got all up in arms about what Stallman said, but I also cannot justify sacking him - but that's their modus operandi at this point. You can't expect to trigger SJWs and then not get fired for it.

Only white faggots get angry or disagree with Stallman's opinions here.

Real people are in favor of marrying adorable young girls.

Stallman is with YHWH on this one (the living god) (YHWH's allowance that men may marry cute young girls (white men hate this: MUUUHH WHITE WUUMAN) (YHWH allows men to marry young girls: Devarim chapter 22 verse 28 (na'ar (hebrew masoretic text: child)) (padia (greek septuagint: child)) (puella (latin vulgate: young girl))) )
>>
>>73117003
SJWs aren't the only ones that want to destroy GitHub at this point. I imagine GitHub will make a policy that you can only post code in the future. If that happens, then comments in code might get policed, or maybe Microsoft will drop GitHub altogether for something else. Political and social forces are ruining things :(
>>
>>73117061
i could have sworn sarah mei was working with ICE or DoJ , i'm probably wrong though
either way microsoft/github is probably just gonna ignore her because they have fuck you money
>>
>>73117076
based hated NEET attorney and programmer
>>
>>73089782
we know anon, we know
>>
>>73117092
Github is sending $500k to an anti-trump thinktank as a response.
>>
>>73117027
>>73117061
>>73117092
sarah mei works for salesforce. it's right there on the twitter profile.
>>
>>73117127
scary! don't jinx it
>>
>>73117091
GitHub and all this garbage Did Not Exist before a few years ago. You new faggots are falling for the takeover. All this garbage that's been "taken over" DID NOT EXIST when opensource / freesoftware was ascendant. None of the foundations (other than the FSF) either.

The foundations exist to create a managerial class to rule over the programmers (who used to rule their own projects). Get rid of them.
>>
>>73117140
Don't know what you're trying to say. This is their official response. It's up on their site, and it's all over the news.
>>
>>73117156
>Doesn't remember when SVN first came out, let alone git. Relys on github because stupid white idiot.

Bet you think arrays are a necessary language too too.
>>
>>73117160
>>73117182
>>73117192
Fuck off schizo.
>>
File: 2019-10-10_22-59.png (72 KB, 589x307)
72 KB
72 KB PNG
this will be the last one I'll post
so you see why they want github off
>>
>>73117061
Wage slaves should not be allowed in free software. In the past it was all anonymous / pseudonymous hobbyists.

All our discussion channels have been overtaken, however, IRC, slashdot, etc and are moderated. And anyone who sets up their own IRC gets hacked in a second (no grsecurity kernel patches anymore, as grsec continues to violate the GPL blatantly

( https://perens.com/2017/06/28/warning-grsecurity-potential-contributory-infringement-risk-for-customers/ )
>>
>>73117198
> >Fuck off schizo.

>Disagreeing with me means hearing voices
> t. white goyim

Go to hell you newfag piece of shit (also: white boi)
Github only came around recently. You morons don't know how to use CVS, SVN, OR GIT (which solves the problems of CVS and SVN)
>>
>>73117198
Stallman is right, and should have a cute young girl as a bride, or multiple thereof, as YHWH allows (Devarim chapter 22, verse 28 (na'ar, padia, puella) (mt, lxx, vulgate))
>>
>>73117198
Stallman is right, and should have a cute young girl as a bride, or multiple thereof, as YHWH allows (Devarim chapter 22, verse 28 (na'ar, padia, puella) (mt, lxx, vulgate)).
>>
>>73117208
>If you pay us you get freedom
>If not: sorry your project gets pulled if you're mmaaallleee
>>
>>73116601
no but I'm also anonymously posting on 4channel faggit
>>
>>73117148
>You new faggots are falling for the takeover
Oh my, my sweet summer child... I'm a dear old fag...

Yeah, I don't hold a pure allegiance to FOSS, but I love RMS when it comes to civil liberties. FOSS is good for certain things, but private industry is important in innovation. I love capitalism, and I consider FOSS as a competitor to private companies. Both can coincide and exist together.
>>
>>73117198
Stallman is right, and should have a cute young girl as a bride, or multiple thereof, as YHWH allows (Devarim chapter 22, verse 28 (na'ar, padia, puella) (mt, lxx, vulgate))__
>>
>>73117322
>>73116601
Why would you have a "career" in computer science? What are you a wagie fuck?
>>
>>73116608
Whites hate anyone that threatens the position of their god: white woman.

Stallman, they believe, wants young girls as brides, in his heart. This does not benifit the white woman: thus Stallman is an enemy.

White men are easy to predict. They are less than animals: like insects really: where the wuuuman is in control of the male.
>>
>>73117445
Notice how all the white men obey a single Queen, on twitter. Or how they all dream of "getting erh jerb" etc.

They want to be _told_ what to do. They are machines without a mind; a golem without agency.

Tech used to lack white men: it was all Jews, Slavs, and Nerds (who white men reject as "white"). White men are scum retards.
>>
>GIB ME MUHH CAREER
>PLEAS BOSSMAN I BEG U FOR MUUNEY
>MUUNEEY SO I CAN CUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

t. white man: will do anything, ANYTHING for credits (money)

Just wants to cuuuum, even in a fat pig
>>
>>73117198
Stallman is right, and should have a cute young girl as a bride, or multiple thereof, as YHWH allows (Devarim chapter 22, verse 28 (na'ar, padia, puella) (mt, lxx, vulgate))___
>>
>>73117027
>>73117092

Yes, salesforce has contracts with the ice

Please send these links to sarahmei, one of the same faggots who proposed the do no harm license explicitly forbidding usage by the ice, and ask why this faggot hasn't resigned yet in protest.

https://gizmodo.com/salesforce-ceo-says-they-wont-sever-ties-with-customs-a-1827195457
https://techcrunch.com/2018/09/25/protestors-call-on-salesforce-to-end-contract-with-border-patrol-agency/
https://www.vox.com/2018/11/18/18097398/salesforce-contract-customs-border-protection-marc-benioff-immigration
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/carolineodonovan/student-groups-protest-salesforce-palantir-ice-campus
https://www.forbes.com/sites/rachelsandler/2019/07/19/amazon-salesforce-wayfair-employees-stage-internal-protests-for-working-with-ice/
https://medium.com/@fightfortheftr/an-open-letter-to-salesforce-drop-your-contract-with-cbp-a8260841b627
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/sep/25/salesforce-ceo-marc-benioff-raices-family-separation-scuba-diving
https://www.stanforddaily.com/2019/02/27/student-group-protests-salesforce-chief-scientist/
https://www.theverge.com/2018/6/25/17504154/salesforce-employee-letter-border-protection-ice-immigration-cbp
>>
>>73117486
He probably likes the young ladies. You ever look at the teen category on pornhub?
>>
>>73104252
That is considerably based that a fascist would cite Hume
>>
>>73117396
>wagie fuck?
I'm curious what you do for money
>>
File: Statue-of-Liberty.jpg (689 KB, 3872x2592)
689 KB
689 KB JPG
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberty

RMS stands for liberty
>>
>>73116878
centrism just means "whatever the left wants, but slower". heck, even most conservatism just means that
>>
>>73117513
the fact that this isn't brought up every time she posts, shows why free software people can't do social warfare and why we will lose everything we have
>>
>>73118077
>centrism just means "whatever the left wants, but slower".
Yeah, that could be true, but what if in finding a balance to shit, and in order to find the right point to balance things, we need to slow down as we approach the balancing point?

We're always moving government right and left and whatnot. But for optimization, I think we should try to find the right point where it all balances out. Yin and yang sorta shit.
>>
>>73118164
but that is never going to happen, the future is never defined by the centrists, we are living in the present created by the extremists of yesterday, there's nothing "normal" or "centrist" about our country if you compare it to most other countries through history
>>
>>73118214
I think you are a bot, keep trying
>>
>>73117396
Computer science jobs are salaried not wage.
>>
RMS is awesome and deserves our respect
>>
>>
More links

https://geoff.greer.fm/2019/09/30/in-defense-of-richard-stallman/
https://twitter.com/GNUcgraph/status/1182296900101427200
https://backtotheaugust.org/
http://www.codeartnow.com/gallery-1/freedom/gravitating-to-gnu
http://www.gnu.org/software/c-graph
http://www.abertheid.info
https://www.reddit.com/r/StallmanWasRight/comments/d7cpun/meta_to_the_mods_=
please_tell_us_why_you_removed/f0z8hr6/?utm_source=3Dreddit&utm_medium=3Dus=
ertext&utm_name=3DStallmanWasRight&utm_content=3Dt1_f18jmjs
https://danielpocock.com/what-does-fsf-censor/
https://lists.globalcode.info/mailman3/postorius/lists/backtotheaugust.lists.globalcode.info/
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/libreplanet-discuss/2019-10/msg00005.html
https://maslinux.es/

>>73118107

This is major political struggle, the false accusation against RMS is just a decoy excuse. Proving it false alone is not enough, we have to completely defeat the accusers to save RMS.
>>
>>73116937
And I read it, anon. Are you alright? Remember to seek help before it's too late.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.