[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 71VXDByGd2L._SL1500_.jpg (184 KB, 1500x1500)
184 KB
184 KB JPG
anyone using treadmill when programming and shitposting? Is it worth it?
>>
or should I get pic related to save huge amount?
>>
File: 41Y6FHsLxLL.jpg (17 KB, 400x400)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>72707461
>>
>>72707437
It would be difficult to run and type at the same time, but I have legitimately thought about hooking the power switch of my PC up to a stationary bike. If I want to stay on the computer, I have to keep pedaling. To prevent constant power offs during a momentary pause, I could even add some hysteresis to the system with a capacitor or short timer of some sort.
>>
>>72707486
bike sucks I beat whole Witcher while riding on bike with gamepad. I don't like it anymore I want to walk
>>
>>72707437
no because shitposting is a self-destructive behavior
I like to be on the verge of passing out drunk while posting anime pictures
>>
>>72707437
You don't need it if you make at least 10k steps a day
>>
>>72707492
Walking would certainly be easier than running, but wont burn as many calories. That's what I'm after since I'm an overweight slob mostly from being on the computer so much. I used to be /fit/ when I worked as a metal fabricator, but I got fat when I went into programming.
>>
>>72707486
>>72707437
You should see the video Linus did about cycling to power a PC. While it's great workout, it's just not sustainable. If you did a gym with other people to help power the rigs and their own rigs it could work out because then you'd have a constant power supply
>>
>>72707538
if you want to lose weight long term it is more about changing life style, things you do every day. Running or cycling is not comfortable and sustainable long term, but walking actually can be comfortable and has also proven to somehow enhance cognitive abilities
>>
>>72707638
Anon, I do not plan to actually power the computer with my cycling. That would be a fucking nightmare. No, think of the cycle as more of a normally off switch, where in order to turn the "switch" on, you have to pedal. Doing it that way means I can make it so when you stop pedaling, there is some forgiving delay before the "switch" gets shut off from me not pedaling.
>>
>>72707703
> Running or cycling is not comfortable
Yet, most of the world's most fittest people run or cycle
>>
I have a standing desk, very comfy.
>>
File: gayluigi.jpg (23 KB, 561x532)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>72707945
maybe for 30 minutes at best
>>
Not a bad idea but wouldn't really be extremely effective, because then it's you setting a delay and unless you have intense willpower it's not gonna work. Really would be a good idea but I know for certain if I'm getting really into something I'm gonna up that delay and then the delay so happens to stay at a high number
>>
>>72707473
Now this is based af.
>>
>>72707473
>mobile shitposting station
It's just like lugging around a smartphon- oh wait
>>
File: 1564253742021.jpg (119 KB, 941x799)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
Lol at fatties, fix your fucking diet. If you don't, you shouldn't even try cardio or it'll be a wasted effort. You'll just get demotivated again and again.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.