[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Have you made any compromises when trying to protect your privacy or do you go all the way?

There's no denying that some botnets are amazingly useful.
>>
>>72707402
Congrats on posting your home coordinates on 4chan.
>>
100% compromised.
>>
LOL I wil be calling Waitrose soon
>>
Call saying there is an alt-right sympathizer working at the store

3 Babbage Gate
OakGrove
Milton Keynes
Buckinghamshire
MK10 9SU

01908 230565
>>
Yes guys, this is totally OP's screenshot and not a stock google image. You're such scary hackers.
>>
My phone is tracking me anyways, might as well use the services. Usually I just turn it off as I don't use it much. Probably has a low power mode that's still tracking. I'm considering just leaving it at home recently.
>>
>>72707402
You are already submitting to the biggest and most realistic breach of privacy just by being connected to the internet, government agencies around the world which can see everything. Worrying about what some company does is pretty funny from this perspective.

It's like worrying about the common cold when you have AIDS.
>>
What is the downside of Google or my ISP or whatever having my data? In the past 20 years or so, there hasn't been a single moment in my life where I experienced a bad event due to these companies having access to a lot of my data.
>>
>>72707464
make sure to use a time machine since OPs screenshot is from 2015
>>
>>72707634
>It's like worrying about the common cold when you have AIDS.
But you should though, that's how AIDS works. It doesn't kill you, it destroys your immune system so everything else can kill you.
AIDS is the roided out nigga holding you down while every other virus in the hood runs a train on you.
>>
>>72707514
OP posted this while shaking like a shitting dog
>>
disable location history in google settings
>>
>>72707402
>24 minute drive to Waitrose in Milton Keynes

Just move somewhere else already
>>
>>72708317
The botnet still tracks you.
>>
>>72707402
I know how to read a map, so I don't need the botnet to plan a route for me or give me turn-by-turn anything. I just look at OSM before I leave and find where I'm going and how I intend to get there.

>>72707573
>I'm considering just leaving it at home recently.
Once you get out of the habit of taking it with you, you find you seldom ever miss it. At least thats how it is for me.

>>72707729
Does someone watching and keeping a detailed record of everything you do not bother you from first principles?
>>
>some botnets are amazingly useful
not really. the tyrrany of convenience is real and saving five seconds ultimately doesn't make your life that much better if you get to the same end result
>>
>>72707634
just because you're going into the sketchy part of the hood doesn't mean you're gonna get jumped. but that also doesn't mean you should go defenseless with valuables.

black and white thinking is bad
>>
If you cannot escape the surveillance botnet, then cover yourself by providing it with false information - Sun Tzu
>>
>>72707402
>when trying to protect your privacy or do you go all the way?
the irony
>>
>>72712081
burn
>>
>>72712081
what is this stupid meme anyway? Whatever happened to red-arrow guy?
>>
>>72712134
It's just some spammer
No idea why they do it

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.